Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pacifica Air Conditioning System Questions

petej2petej2 Member Posts: 13
how do i replace the a/c filter on a 2005 pacifica

Comments

• vic_vinylevic_vinyle Member Posts: 34
    It's pretty simple. Look under the passenger footwell area. You will see a long black retangle box with 2 black sliding pieces of metal. Slide them to the side, and the bottom of the box can be removed by hand. Reach inside, and pull out the air filter. :shades:

Replace and reverse the steps.
    :D
    thanks

Vic
  • petej2petej2 Member Posts: 13
    are you sure, i dont see anything like that
  • inosinos Member Posts: 1
    We just bought a 2004 used pacifica. We love it, but the a/c does not seem to blowing out as I think it should. Is there something I am overlooking on the controls?
  • 04pac04pac Member Posts: 4
  • 04pac04pac Member Posts: 4
    The heat/AC blower motor just became super loud on my 04 Pac. The dealer will honor my extended warranty as long as it is not just leaves or debris. It sounds like a bearing to me.
  • rgaineyrgainey Member Posts: 1
    THE FAN IN MY 04 PACIFICA WON'T STOP BLOWING EVEN WITH THE ENTIRE UNIT IS TURNED OFF. I CAN CONTROL THE CLIMATE, BUT NOT THE FAN POWER..IT JUST BLOWS AT ONE CONSTANT LEVEL. :confuse:
  • orchid33orchid33 Member Posts: 1
    Hi...
    As my title stated is enquiry about, is there ant tools, equipments or instrument to measure the air conditioning system in the car? As example any car?Is there any way that we can know how to troubleshooting the car air cond system? As example the places for the car air-cond that easy spoil and causes sound which is the blade, pump and fan. But for the car system, the air cond system is use what kind of gases, i mean the refrigerant 134 or else?
    Thank you for helping me. Sorry for inconvinent. Thanks.
  • hadcarryerhadcarryer Member Posts: 1
    My air freezes after 30 miles. I shut it off for 30 more and it is restored. I had the refrigerant levels checked, and my mechanic swears the evaporator temperature sensor is bad, the clutch never disengages. We have a pretty good diagram on where & how, but can't find the sensor. He found a cover at the right spot on the expansion valve with a bit of rubber under and nothing under that. No wires either. Two local Chrysler dealers were called, but no help.

Does anybody remember being there?
  • dadpagedadpage Member Posts: 1
    is replacing a blower motor in a 04 Pacifica easy or will I need a mechanic?
  • navy58navy58 Member Posts: 1
    A/C works intermitently. Blows Cold air (40 degrees), works fine but periodically it will begin blowing warm air. After a some period of time i.e, 30mins, 1 hour or what ever, it will begin blowing cold again. Some times when I switch if\t off and back on, it will work, most times not. When I start the car after its been off for a while, it works, sometimes not. Freon fine, only one code showed up once, referring to the a/c clutch not getting power(???). Two different garages checked, one was a dealer, no luck. any ideas?
  • jeraldjr87jeraldjr87 Member Posts: 2
  • jeraldjr87jeraldjr87 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2005 pacific. A few months ago the control panel for the climate control stopped working. you can still turn the a/c on, but you can not control temp, where the air is directed, fan speed, or even turn on the rear air.
    Could you help?
  • robvtrobvt Member Posts: 1
    I have an 05 Pacifica. The vanes on the vents in the dash will move up and down easily but right to left they are very tight. One is stuck and will not move. Can this be corrected without tearing into the dash? Is there a lubricant that will not damage the plastic or nylon parts?
  • cupidri1cupidri1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am having the same issue.
  • ruscincjruscincj Member Posts: 1
    On Aug. 10 2009 jeraldjr87 posted a question about his climate controls not working. I am having the same problem. 1/2 of the controls work and 1/2 don't. The Chrysler dealer said some part (please let me know the name someone!) and the removal of the dashboard to fix it would cost about 1000.00. I hope there is a better way.

Can someone tell me the Part name, and if the dashboard needs to be removed.

Thank you!
  • navdocnavdoc Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Pacifica AWD. With the A/C on, the air flow will stop after a while especially when the ambient temperature in the cabin is not hot enough to keep the coils from freezing. It happens at this time of year but not in the summer heat when the inside of the car is hot. I do use the A/C now because of the radient heat from the sun and it is just plain old needed.

Anyone have this issue and a resolution?

Thanks
  • pssimonpssimon Member Posts: 144
    My 2004 Pacifica HVAC system has stopped functioning properly. The fan runs at top speed, no matter what temperature is requested. In the auto or manual, all I can change is the temperature and output port. I can not change the fan speed regardless of the temperature requested or trying to change the fan speed.

I noticed that when I try to turn off the system, the fan appears to run even faster! Bottom line, I can't slow it down and I can't stop it!

Any ideas what has failed? I kind of expect repairs not to be cheap, but does anyone know the ballpark for repairs?

Many thanks....

---Paul
  • fulton363fulton363 Member Posts: 2
    I am having the same problem has anyone found out what it was. I have an 04
  • pssimonpssimon Member Posts: 144
    I've been told it is a resistor block that costs around $60 plus about $40 in labor (half hour job). In the next two weeks I plan to to get it done.

---Paul in Southern NJ
  • tweeder5tweeder5 Member Posts: 1
    About a month ago my 2005 AWD's air conditioning stopped blowing cold. Right after that happened it will not allow ANY temperature or air setting to blow out of the defrost port on the top of the dash, or the foot ports? What can i check for or do to fix this? :confuse:
  • toms66toms66 Member Posts: 1
    It's a piece-of-cake, Get a new blower motor resistor pack from any auto parts, NAPA,etc, Open the glove box, press in the sides gently so it will swing down out of the way, and there it is, all you need is a 1/4 in ratchet with extension and a 8mm socket, pull the old resistor out, disconnect the 2 cables. reconnect to the new resistor pack and screw it back in and your done----15 min. max.
  • kalathiparamkalathiparam Member Posts: 1
    Thank you! I had the same issue, checked the relay and fuse then saw your post, I replaced it in 5 minutes, part cost me $108 (CAD) from Canadian Tire. Thanks again.
  • everettteverettt Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    I have 04 pacifica and the ac works fine for about 30min to an hour and then it will start to barely blow out the top vents and only blow out the bottom. During the winter it will blow cold air at the feet on the passengers side. The blower motor works fine and the temp sensor in the middle of the ac controls gets pretty warm when the heat is on. Any ideas thanx
  • goobersgoobers Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    dual climate will not get cold on driver side i did the reset and the air is still not getting cold wondering if it's a problem with the door actuator
  • cred1cred1 Member Posts: 2
    I have an 04 Pacifica0. 3 days ago, the right side & rear a/c was fine & the left side was not cooling at all. I returned 30 mins later, it wouldn't even turn on & after driving for 10 mins, it started to blow the same-passenger & rear fine, driver's side warm. Went out of town for 3 days, came back, now NOTHING is cool. Is this a freeon issue? The relay switch would completely keep it from blowing, right? Please help, I have a 2 yr old, live in Texas and do NOT have the money to pay 400+ to get this fixed!
  • b25nutb25nut Member Posts: 202
    My 04 would not blow any cold air. I took it into my dealer last week and they refilled the Freon. Cost $180 and it now works fine. They say it is a very slow leak that they can't detect.
  • cred1cred1 Member Posts: 2
    Holy Moses Alive......I went to O'reilly's and purchased a can for $27! I haven't had a problem since. Man, $180 is ALOT for a refill on freon....If they told you they can't detect a leak, that just short for saying......you'll be back in a couple of months. They have neon fluid that can be put into your system to see exactly where it is leaking, no matter how big or small, a leak is a leak (saw them do that in my lexus)! I have enough though to last me till Nov, that's when it's getting traded!
  • merlmaramerlmara Member Posts: 1
    The a/c is not blowing cold air. I changed the filter behind the glove box. Added freon to the system. The gauge says the system is overcharged, so now I have to bleed it a little. The Blower is working but the air is still not cold. could it be the compressor.
  • stevenwstevenw Member Posts: 18
    My car is a Chrysler 300, not a Pac but this may be similar. When we would take long drives, after about an hours or two, the AC would fade out. Both the temp (would get warm) and the blower (would almost stop blowing). There is a TSB on this for the 300 and the solution is a PCM module flash. Dealer did that and car is thyrowing enough AC to hang meat. Maybe same issu on Pac's with this type of problem??

TSB Number: 2400504
  • bob782bob782 Member Posts: 3
    Kalathiparm,
    Did the new resistor block solve the fan issue for you? I've same problem.
    TIA,
    Bob
  • tasomatasoma Member Posts: 2
    I had a service station refill the freon since they said there was none left. For a brief time I had coll air. Now I do not. Any suggestions?
    You have a leak in your system that needs to be fixed before you have someone put more freon into it. Go somewhere else than where you first went since they didn't look for a leak before refilling (or did they and you said just refill it?). Hope the leak is an easy fix but usually these require expensive fixes (new compressor etc...). Good luck!
  • cg1963cg1963 Member Posts: 8
    FYI, I recently encountered the same problem. When I turned the key to the 'On' position the fan came on and ran at full speed. The fan controls seem to work but when I power the HVAC system off, the fan is still running at full speed. Read the posts and bought a new resistor block at NAPA (they had it in stock for my 2004 for about $70 w/AAA discount), replaced the part and it fixed the problem. The fix takes about 5 minutes. Thanks to all that posted the info regarding this problem!
    Thanks for the update. I did the same (got part on-line); best $60 I've spent lately!
  • kywoman2kywoman2 Member Posts: 1
    I have a problem with my heating system. Driver side blower works and blows hot air. Passenger and rear blower works and blows only cold air! I checked the blower fuse and it is fine. Help!
  • serenitynow2serenitynow2 Member Posts: 1
    I had my 2007 Chrysler Pacifica (24K mi) into shop for 2nd time for AC.
    First time they used dye and checked AC and could not find a leak - reacharge - 4 weeks later no AC again. They refilled for free can't find the leak and said the following is what they believe it to be....

in Rear cooling system
    Evaporator may be leaking
    Apparently not something easy to get to - great ;)
    go do dealer

Anyone else had EVAPORATOR AC issues ?
    I found the part online so at least I know evaporator is not just a "go away" term - ha ha - usually just heard of condensor in AC system. What is difference between Condensor and Evaporator?

Thanks!

Budda 1 says Peace Out
  • mi_chryslermi_chrysler Member Posts: 2
  • mi_chryslermi_chrysler Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2008 Pacifica and the blower works on all settings except high. Does anyone have any sugestions? Thanks
  • scott2311scott2311 Member Posts: 2
    I have the same problem. I still han't figured it out. Just recently the ac quit blowing air all together.
  • scott2311scott2311 Member Posts: 2
    The AC in my 05 Pacifica quit blowing air recently. I have checked the fuses under the hood but not sure where to go from here. Please help
  • tarrah123tarrah123 Member Posts: 3
    The AC in my 05 Pacifica won't blow out the front at all. It is still blowing out the rear vents. HELP, I live in Florida and it is HOT!
  • slamkinslamkin Member Posts: 1
    My Pac 04 ac has stopped blowing out the face vents. It blows cold air but only at your feet or at the defrost setting. Is there a fix for this I can do myself?

thanks!
  • dostermanndostermann Member Posts: 1
    Did you find a fix to do yourself? I have the same issue
  • karo5karo5 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    I am having the same problem. I tried turning key to on position (not starting the engine), then holding down the power and recirculation buttons together (at the same time) for 5 seconds...then waiting for 20 seconds...buttons flash on dash...I got this off some Chrysler link (I will try to find it and add it here). Anyway, that is not helping. Soooo, I tried and removed the air filter, and I was SHOCKED! It was full of debris, pieces of leaves, etc. So, tomorrow I am getting a new filter (O'Reilly's-$18.99 compared to Autozone $21.99) to see if it will finally work properly, and while I am there, I will be getting a FREE diagnostic check from O"Reilly's. Hopefully, I can fix this own my own this way. If not, I will get my mechanic to puty freon in it to see if that will help...hate to pay BIG BUCKS at dealership!
    I am also gonna try unhooking the battery as this may reset the controls if it malfunctioning from the computer sensors.
  • coolbluezcoolbluez Member Posts: 1
    my 04 chrysler pacifica rear blower is blowing little amount of air, rear will blow on high only when driving in 40+mphs turning in 90 degrees. very wield, checked the cabin filter, resitor and fuse but not the issue. Any ideas?
  • dbryancdbryanc Member Posts: 2
    I have the same problem. Only when I turn to the right it blows in the back. Have you found any fix to the problem?
  • fishnfishn Member Posts: 3
  • fishnfishn Member Posts: 3
    I had to replace the a/c comp clutch on my 2004 pacifica I have press in the system but need to jumper the lo press relay to get it running to service the system. Where is it & can I get a diagram of the a/c sys.?????
  • jenn101176jenn101176 Member Posts: 1
    My car started making a harsh noise when I put my AC on, so I turned it off. When I turned it back on it wouldn't blow anything out of my front vent, but would blow out of the rear vents. Slowly it started coming back out of the front vents at about 1/2 speed even though it was on high. Then I noticed if I turned left it would cut out and if I turned right it would blow out high like it should. Has anyone ever heard of this happening before or have any idea what this could be on an '07 4.0 awd Pacifica?
  • 06pacnoair06pacnoair Member Posts: 1
    I've got the same issue only the symptoms have become more complicated. Now when I turn on the a/c regardless of the temp setting or blower speed all I get is a hiss from the passenger side that builds pressure and then stops. There was a time I could turn it off and back on to get back to the state you described but not for some time now.

Did you ever find an answer? Ever break down and go to the dealership?