Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

If you had to choose one OTHER than an RX330/350....

budhbudh Member Posts: 109
edited April 2014 in Lexus
I love the RX330/350 - but the headroom is about 3/4" too little to support my 6'3" frame with a long torso.

So if you had to pick a non-Lexus....what would YOU have picked that has somewhat similar luxury and driving characteristics?

Bud H

Comments

• Options
    avery1avery1 Member Posts: 373
    I'm 6'4 and ordered a '99 w/o a sunroof and it made all the difference. I had to wait a couple of months but it was worth it. I'm not sure it can still be done buy you can try if you can live without a sunroof.
  • Options
    catdaddylongcatdaddylong Member Posts: 53
    I'm 6'2" and have a long torso and have no problems. When you sat in the RX350 did you have the front seat lowered all the way? Today one of my friends who is 6'4" rode in the passanger seat and I asked him if he felt cramped and he said no. Not trying to talk you into reconsidering the RX but I would try the seating again.
  • Options
    mb280mb280 Member Posts: 27
    anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    If I had too choose 1 I would get the rx350 but I would rather waiting for the new gen which is just a year away. hope it will be made even better than the lx570
  • Options
    wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
  • Options
    avery1avery1 Member Posts: 373
    Why do you think the RDX is better?
  • Options
    wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    ...if I HAD to choose....

But the RDX's SH-AWD system is head and shoulders above, better than, the "for marketing purposes only" RX's F/AWD system. Especially the RX330 and RX350 models now that the VC has been dropped from the design.
  • Options
    lexx2lexx2 Member Posts: 5
    I will soon be turning in my wife's leased Honda CR-V with about 20,000 miles. No, she does not put that many miles on, mostly taking grandma to hair appointments, doctor appointments and the grocery store.
    I'm looking at purchasing a 2005 RX 330 or a GX 470. Outside of price, what is the consensus out there?
    This would be my 3rd Lexus, so I want to stay with the proven reliability of Lexus.
    Lexx2, soon to be Lexx3.....
  • Options
    apollonia1apollonia1 Member Posts: 11
    If I hadn't gotten the 09 rx350 I'd have waited for the Audi Q5 in Spring 2009. Also I am 6ft and my husband is 6'6...we are both large body frame former athletes and we both fit fine when the seats are adjusted properly.
  • Options
    maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    Apollonia, I am also keeping an eye on the Audi Q5. So far I like what I see in the pictures and I also have seen a few on the road in my neighborhood, although the car is not on sale yet. I'm driving a 2007 Lexus RX350 that I've had since 2006 and I love it. So we'll see. I don't know if Audi will be able to steal me away from Lexus though :shades:
This discussion has been closed.