Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 1-Series Lease Questions

1235»

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Thanks sdrider.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Yes, the low mileage adder for 10,000 mile per year leases is 3%.

Car_man
    Host
  • sdridersdrider Member Posts: 8
    Perfect. Do you know if there was any change on the residual or money factor for September? This is for the 2013 model year.

Thanks!
    Sdrider, the September numbers for this car are exactly the same as the August numbers were.

Car_man
    Host
  • jcidejcide Member Posts: 1
    Any updated MF and residual numbers on the 135?

Thanks
    Certainly jcide. BMW Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 135i with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
  • ironman123ironman123 Member Posts: 5
    What are the current lease rates for Feb on a 128i, 10,000 miles/yr for 36 mos?
    Greetings ironman123. BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 128i Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00130 and 62% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • herro91herro91 Member Posts: 10
    Hello Car Man,

Could you provide the MF and residuals for both the 128i and 135i convertibles for a 36 month lease with 10k, 12k, and 15k miles?

Thank you!
    I'd be happy to herro91. BMW Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 128i Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 135i Convertible are...interestingly the same.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • audia11audia11 Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car Man,

Can you tell me the money factor and residual on the 128 Coupe and Convertible with 10k miles over 36 mos? Also, are there any cash incentives etc i should be aware of at the moment? Thanks! Anybody out there recently get a good lease deal on one of these cars? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi audia11. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 128i Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00127 and 62% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 128i Convertible are .00127 and 63%.

BMW is providing a $750 cash incentive plus waiving the first month's payment for loyal customers on these cars right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • pittaladorapittaladora Member Posts: 1
    Please can you give me the details for a 24 month lease for the 128 series coupe? I am looking at a 10k or 12k lease

Thanks,
    pittaladora
  • jasonmdbmwjasonmdbmw Member Posts: 117
    MF .00127 RV 68 and 67%
  • samcole98samcole98 Member Posts: 1
    Our dealership has offered us this deal, please can anyone confirm if it is good - I like the monthly payments but the upfront total on the dealer worksheet is $5923
    msrp $42,495
    selling price $40,801
    36 months with 10,000 miles
    monthly payment $379 plus tax Total $401.74 per month
    down payment $2500 plus $725 acquisition
    fees and other taxes - phantom footprint $279, taxable fees (estimated) $60, doc fee $699, tax 242.10, Non tax fees 1,414.50

We had problems with the sales manager trying to get breakdown of what we were paying for so we left the dealership.

Also from this forum it looks like I should know the MF & RV. Do I need to get this information and work that way instead of just the deal suiting our budget??

Please help, thanks sooooo much...
    Sam
  • nyconservativenyconservative Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man,

I negotiated a pretty good deal on a 135is that is coming in in a week or so. Do you know the July money factor and residuals for this car? The salesman told me I could use July numbers if they were better that the May numbers I signed for. It is a 36 month lease, 10,000 miles/year. I have locked in .0013 and 63%. Thank you!
    Here you go nyconservative. BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 135is Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00127 and 63% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you carman. That is just what I needed to know.
    You're very welcome. I'm glad that I was able to help you out. Don't forget to stop back and let us know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • sweetness727sweetness727 Member Posts: 1
    I realize I am late in responding to this, but wondering whether you went ahead and leased this vehicle. The documentation fee seems astronomical. What state did (or were you going to) lease this car?
  • karhill1karhill1 Member Posts: 165
    Obviously the doc fee of $699 is absurd. However, what is a non tax fee of $1,414,50 or nontaxable fees of $60? Typically when you lease a vehicle you pay the acquisition fee which is set by the lender, sales tax, and registration.

It appears for this lease the dealer is getting over $2,200 from you for the leasing you the vehicle. The bottom line seems to be the dealer is attempting, via a bit of deception, to lease the vehicle at essentially full MSRP.

To be honest, I have leased numerous vehicles over the years and I have never encountered anything like these dealer fees. If I had I would not have leased the vehicle.
  • silverbulletcasilverbulletca Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car_Man!
    I am aware of the ultimate drive, turn key, loyalty and pull ahead incentives on this car. But are there any factory to dealer incentives on this car at this time?
    Thanks,
    SilverBulletCA
    edited July 2013
    Hi Car Man - well I did the deed and picked up the car Friday. Other than a bit of a hassle with the Ultimate Driving Event incentive not being applied as I expected (the sales manager told me the loyalty rebate went from $750 in April when I ordered the car, to $500 in July when I took delivery, and he recouped that from the UDE incentive) I think I did fairly well:

2013 135is with heated seats, BMW assist and comfort access (was supposed to be a n/c item but showed up as $500 in the MSRP)

MSRP - $47,275
    Negotiated sales price (After all rebates and incentives) $41,847
    Money Factor - .00127
    Residual - 63%
    36 months, 10,000 miles
    1st month down + $243 asst title & registration fees. (total $702)

35 remaining monthly payments of $459.63

I think he snuck a $750 acquisition fee in there somewhere, but the monthly payments were where I want to be so I cant get to upset. Was he correct in reducing the Loyalty Rebate?

Thank for you help on this deal. It is appreciated.
    You've got your basses covered SilverBulletCA. Those are the only cash incentives that I am aware of at this time.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome nyconservative. Thanks for taking the time to stop back and let us all know how everything turned out. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • drewgscdrewgsc Member Posts: 1
    I'm new to leasing and just got a quote for a 128i convertible for 36 months, 15,000 miles, .00147 and 49%. The sticker is 43,000. What does that mean for me and is that good or bad? Thanks for your help and patience. 8/2/13
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Does anyone have the lease numbers for 2013 135 convertible? I'm looking for 36 months, 12K-15K miles and would also consider a purchase if the incentives were high enough. Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    September numbers.. October is not out yet..

.00107 MF and 51% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr.. add 2% for 12K/yr

$1500 build out cash and $500 BMWFS owner loyalty..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Thanks! 51% seems awfully low. I'll be looking at the 335C too.
    Yeah.. better deals on the 3-series convertibles..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• simonsays8simonsays8 Member Posts: 1
    How did you get this deal? I am trying to get the same deal as you and can't even come close?
    Dunno. This was by far the lowest quote I got. Try Wide World of Cars in Spring Valley NY and ask for Alan. Hes was my salesman. I dont know if you can get the IS any more. Good luck!
  • warbernwarbern Member Posts: 73
    Does anyone know the November lease numbers for a 128i for 36 months with 10k miles? I would be leasing in Florida. Thanks so much!
    2013 128i Coupe 36mo, 10K/yr lease
    .00107 MF and 51% residual
    $1500 buildout cash and $500 lease loyalty

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• warbernwarbern Member Posts: 73
    Thank you! Seems like a comparably priced 320i with manual tranny might be a better lease option given the residuals.
    Probably... but, that's a sedan with 180 HP vs. a coupe with 240 HP... .not exactly apples to apples...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• submoonsubmoon Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2013

Hi my first time posting here. Been reading the previous comment and just got the below detail from my local dealer. From what I read, this offer seems fair to me, what do you think? Feel free to advice, thanks :)

• MSRP 38,155.00
    • Adjusted MSRP 38,155.00
    • Residual % 51.00
    • Residual - Actual 19,459.05
    • Agreed Upon Value 31,697.85
    • Capitalized Cost - Gross 31,697.85
    • Cap Cost - Reduction 1,279.40
    • Capitalized Cost - Adjusted 30,418.45
    • Depreciation Payment 304.43
    • Rent Payment 53.37
    • Payment - Tax 32.20
    • Monthly Payment 390.00
    • Term 36.00
    • Number Of Payments 36.00
    • Money Factor - Sell 0.00107
    • Money Rate - Sell 2.57
    • Money Factor - Buy 0.00107
    • Money Rate - Buy 2.57
    • Tax On Cap Cost - Reduction 115.15
    • Monthly Payment 390.00
    • Registration Fee(s) 305.00
    • Doc Fee 80.00
    • Up Front Sales Tax 72.45
    • Acquisition Fee 725.00
    • California Tire Fee 7.00
    • EVR Fee 26.00
    • Amounts Due (Drive-Offs) 3,000.00
    • Cash Down 3,000.00
      How to Pay Amounts Due 3,000.00
      Advance % - Maximum 100.00
  • skungskung Member Posts: 1

test

@submoon said:
    Hi my first time posting here. Been reading the previous comment and just got the below detail from my local dealer. From what I read, this offer seems fair to me, what do you think? Feel free to advice, thanks :)

• MSRP 38,155.00
    • Adjusted MSRP 38,155.00
    • Residual % 51.00
    • Residual - Actual 19,459.05
    • Agreed Upon Value 31,697.85
    • Capitalized Cost - Gross 31,697.85
    • Capitalized Cost - Adjusted 30,418.45
    • Depreciation Payment 304.43
    • Rent Payment 53.37
    • Payment - Tax 32.20
    • Monthly Payment 390.00
    • Term 36.00
    • Number Of Payments 36.00
    • Money Factor - Sell 0.00107
    • Money Rate - Sell 2.57
    • Money Factor - Buy 0.00107
    • Money Rate - Buy 2.57
    • Tax On Cap Cost - Reduction 115.15
    • Monthly Payment 390.00
    • Registration Fee(s) 305.00
    • Doc Fee 80.00
    • Up Front Sales Tax 72.45
    • Acquisition Fee 725.00
    • California Tire Fee 7.00
    • EVR Fee 26.00
    • Amounts Due (Drive-Offs) 3,000.00
    • Cash Down 3,000.00
      How to Pay Amounts Due 3,000.00
      Advance % - Maximum 100.00

Looks like that is on the money... 2013 128i coupe, right?
    A good price with no mark-ups.... along with an average lease program.. not bad.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• submoonsubmoon Member Posts: 2

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    A good price with no mark-ups.... along with an average lease program.. not bad.

Thanks... Yes it is 2013 128i coupe

• akiladebesteakiladebeste Member Posts: 4
    Hi Carman,

I have a 2012 BMW 135i that I am currently leasing (36 months, 45,000 miles) and my lease is up this April. I was wondering what my options are if I want to keep the car or trade it in. How will this affect monthly payments and such? Thanks!

Best!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,118

Hi Carman,

I have a 2012 BMW 135i that I am currently leasing (36 months, 45,000 miles) and my lease is up this April. I was wondering what my options are if I want to keep the car or trade it in. How will this affect monthly payments and such? Thanks!

Best!

Check the 'real world trade in values' discussion to get inside information about trade value. This number has nothing to do with the residual value stated in your lease documents. If you decide to buy the car, you'll have to pay that residual value, regardless of true value in the market.

If you decide to lease a new BMW, you can simply turn in the old car, pay any mileage charges or damage if there is any, and start over.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• akiladebesteakiladebeste Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the help on my previous question, but now I have another:

Say I have a friend who is leasing a BMW that she wants to get rid of and her lease isn't up yet (she can no longer afford payments, etc), how can she transfer the lease over to someone else so that they can pick up where she left off and continue paying on the car? Is this possible?

Best,
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,118

Say I have a friend who is leasing a BMW that she wants to get rid of and her lease isn't up yet (she can no longer afford payments, etc), how can she transfer the lease over to someone else so that they can pick up where she left off and continue paying on the car? Is this possible?

Best,

There are some lease trading sites available where you can market your friends car and see if someone is willing to take over the remaining payments.

A quick search ought to turn up a few good possibilities.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Best,

If she knows a person that is interested, they can do it directly through BMWFS.. The costs are around $500, but the new lessee must be financially qualified.

It's a fairly simple process. If both parties stay on top of it, you can manage it in less than two weeks.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator