Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Rogue Lease Questions

Comments

• autotrucktalkautotrucktalk Member Posts: 9
    These kind of tactics are what you would expect from a dubious type dealer. You should have named the dealership. This kind of stuff is what makes people not want to go into dealerships. If I were you I would write a certified letter to Nissan corporation and tell them exactly what they tried to do to you. The letter and a call to the Better Business Bureau really. They tried to jack you, this goes on all the time with less than honest dealers.

My wife was at a Nissan dealer in Jersey today, they told her the exact credit score she had and the tier and even gave her a pamphlet on credit and she was almost 700 in score. So yes, they can tell you your credit situation. Your situation sounds horrible with that dealer, call the General Manager and tell him all about this situation and that you are going to contact the BBB on them, you can still go in and get the car as well with the original deal. You as the customer have power, use it!
    That is a great deal. I assume you have the Bose radio, and sunroof, with the MSRP of 27 K - Zero out of pocket is awesome and so is the 15K - what more do you want?

Just put pen to paper and sign and drive, you deserve it! :shades:
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No problem Slukas. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 Rogue SL FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00234 and 57%, respectively.

I don't know if NMAC offers 10,000 mile per year leases on Nissan division vehicles, but if it does I suspect that its 10k resids are 1% higher than its 12k resids.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi jps1010. It is true that Nissan's normal consumer cash incentives cannot be combined with its special lease program.

The only cash incentive that is available on leased Rogues right now is a dealer stairstep program that provides Nissan dealers with a $1,000 dealer cash incentive (or more) if their hit certain sales targets. One has no way of knowing if the dealership that they are working with will hit their sales objective, but programs like this usually make dealers very motivated to get deals done.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings kpm. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the best way to negotiate a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using your vehicle's buy rate lease money factor.

Check out the above articles and let us know if you have any questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bjthegame. $600 under dealer invoice is a very attractive selling price for a leased 2009 Nissan Rogue. Furthermore, the money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s April buy rate for this truck (though it has subsequently been revised to .00234 for April),

If you like the Rogue, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome fp54. There's nothing wrong with questions. Leasing can be confusion for someone who has never done it before. You learn by asking. The following articles that are available here at Edmunds.com are the best place for you to start learning about the subject: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the best way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price. Once you have arrived at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using the vehicle's buy rate lease money factor.

I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the exact Rogue that you are interested in for you if you provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least the MSRP and dealer invoice price. These numbers are also available here at Edmunds, over in the New Vehicle Pricing. Let me know what these figures are and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new Rogue, hellofromjerse. It sounds like you had a pleasant dealer experience. If you'd like, you can hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others.

Enjoy your new ride :) !

Car_man
    Host
  • heinekenatorheinekenator Member Posts: 3
    Hello.

I'm in NY, and am currently negotiating the following. Could you tell me if it's a good deal?

2009 Rogue SL AWD
    Premium/Leather/Moonroof

10k miles/year, $0 down, $210/month. What should total out of pocket be for this? I have a trade-in worth somewhere around $2500, which I'd like to use for the out of pocket.

Please let me know what you think. My feeling is that it's a great deal, but I'd appreciate any input. Thank you in advance.
  • beachbum73beachbum73 Member Posts: 2
    Looking for the Right Deal...What should I be paying..getting alot of #'s on line...
    09 Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg w/Leather, Moonroof. 36 mo 15k tax incl in NY. Should I wait till Memorial Day Wknd for an even better deal??? Thanks for any help!!!! :confuse:
  • bluerouge86bluerouge86 Member Posts: 1
    How are you guys doing? Im new here but let me tell u this hole leasing process was the most stressful time in my life!! Honestly its been an ongoing process now for almost a month...but thanks to all you guys on here i got a GREAT deal in my books.

I originally went to a nissan dealer by my hometown here in cleveland, ohio and was quoted on a base model rouge awd s model $400/mnth, 15k, $400 out of pocket that was including paying of my last 4 payments from my previous lease ($1356.00) and i was at a tier 2.

So i kept going back and forth and going from dealer to dealer and playing there games. Lets just say it worked! I ended up getting a Rouge SL Awd Premium Package $370/mnth, 15k, $500 total out of pocket, they paid off my other lease ($1356.00) and 2 years free maintenance plus. I love this rouge and honestly ya some of you guys might of gotten a better deal but after driving this i could of cared less to pay $450 a month! ha.

So for the guys on here trying to buy or lease a car, just play there games. Go back and forth and tell them that the other dealer will give it to u for cheaper, if its possible theyll do it! i got a $27290 car for $23900. So its possible!!

Take care! :)
  • beachbum73beachbum73 Member Posts: 2
    :) Nice! This is the exact kind of great results I was looking for... Great Job enjoy the Rouge!!
    Hello.

Please ignore my inquiry from a few days earlier regarding an offer. I ended up getting the following (in NY):

2009 Rogue SL FWD
    Premium and Leather (no moonroof)
    Security+ Warranty (39 months)
    39 months lease, 12k/year

I gave them a trade worth about $1500, plus $1700 total cash on top of that (including all taxes, fees, etc.). They also threw in a $500 gas card. My monthly payment is $225.

To me, this seemed like a great deal, so I took it. What do you think?

-Greg
  • newyorkrulesnewyorkrules Member Posts: 2
    to: heinekenator
    sounds like a very very good deal. can you share the dealer's info?
    the lowest I was offered to SL with moonroof only was $245 for 39 months, with $1999 total out of pocket (including Lease Inseption Fees). no leather, no premium.
    thanks so much,
    Legend Nissan in Syosset.
  • newyorkrulesnewyorkrules Member Posts: 2
    will see them next week. thanks so much.
  • rogue8rogue8 Member Posts: 2
    hello..i am interested in leaseing a rogue sl within two months.. have read many of the postings and understand the process as i have leased several times..my question is ..leaseing at the end of the model year would seem that it would increase the residuals as the auto is already one year old..Is it better to wait for the new year model are out for this reason??
  • sae82sae82 Member Posts: 1
    We put a deposit on the 09 Rogue S AWD for $199 a month (for 39 months) with roughly $1400 down in bank fees & delivery fees (excluding taxes of course). It was part of the national Nissan tent event. This seemed like a great deal. Can anyone confirm?
  • britboyinflbritboyinfl Member Posts: 5
    MSRP $ 27,645

With Universal Nissan of Orlando; ZERO Down, $370 per month (38 months - first month paid by Dealer), $15K per annum.
    Hi heinekenator. Do you know this vehicle's MSRP and selling price? These are very important numbers to know when leasing. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given. Let me know what they are and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will be happy to let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rogue8. You're right, vehicles' residual values naturally fall as the model year progresses. Some times it is indeed better to lease a vehicle at the beginning of the model year than at the end. Whether or not this is the case depends upon what the lease support on the new model looks like compared to the lease support on the leftover one. Unfortunately, it is next to impossible to know what Nissan's lease program will look like on the 2010 Rogue at this point.

Car_man
    Host
  • 02whttrib02whttrib Member Posts: 39
    Hi everyone, I'm interested in leasing an 09 Rogue SL AWD that is hard loaded with a MSRP sticker of $30,995 (every option) that has 5700 miles on it placed by the dealership/ demonstrator, but never titled. I did the back and forth salesman/ sales manager thing for about 2 hours on Friday with them finally giving me a quoted lease of:

$405.00/ mth for 39 months, 1st payment down only, 12,000 miles/yr. I've never leased a vehicle before but this seemed rather high for payments based on the price of this vehicle, I was finally able to get the salesman to tell me that they had knocked the MSRP down to $27,9xx, (the residual was $18,3xx) but then again that seemed rather high figuring that the vehicle was made in July 2008 and has been sitting on the lot/ in use for a almost a year and the new 10's will be out soon.

He also mentioned that I could get VPP A plan pricing if I had a close family member that worked for Nissan of which I don't. Do they verify this or can I tell a white lie? My next door neighbor does indeed work for Nissan in Canton, MS, but alas no relation, says he will vouch for me!!

I was able to leave the d-ship with my sanity intact guessing that I might could get a better deal but I do LOVE the vehicle. Any other leverage I might have here? Is this a fair price? Decent lease prices? The salesman also told me the Nissan Tent Event would be off tomorrow, June 1st so not sure what difference that will make.

TIA
    Ray
  • sahm2kgasahm2kga Member Posts: 11
    We are currently pricing out a CR-V and the Rogue.
    Our neighbor works for Nissan is is getting us a Friends Discount (assuming it is some kind of PIN). I used to work for Ford, and I am familiar with the A/X/Z Plan- where the price is the same regardless of the dealer. Is this the same of Nissan?

Can I go into any dealer with this PIN and get the same deal (we currently lease, so we will have no trade in to haggle with), or do I have to negotiate?

THANKS!
  • g35floodedg35flooded Member Posts: 44
    Hey guys. I was wondering if you could help me out. My mom is looing to lease the Rouge and she got the following deal...

$350 a month for an AWD Rouge SL 4cyl fully loaded (pop in nav, sun roof, heated leather seats, etc..). Nothing down except $500 at signing for doc fee, plate fee and registration. She was unable to get the money factor and residual value. I am unsure what she is leasing the car for since she did not get any information. I will be going back with her on Monday to get that info but to me it looks like a good deal. They are also going to pay for the rest of her lease on her Chevy Equinox.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    I think that is a great deal, in fact it sounds low for the vehicle. That vehicle lists on the sticker for more than $30,000 . How many payments does she have left on the Equinox? Just make sure it's actually $350 that you are paying, what state are you from and city?
    I live in NY. I believe she has 1 month left on her lease... Possibly 2 I am not 100% sure on that though. At first the guy wanted $359 with no navi, but a friend of mine just got the $350 deal with navi in Long Island so I gave the guy his name and he looked it up in the computer and lowered the payment by $9 and threw in the navi.

She put a $100 refundable deposit down to hold the car until Monday morning...I'm pretty sure she is going to take it. Her Equinox is in great shape and has under 30k miles on it so they said they will actually buy the car from Chevy and then sell it themselves and make money on it. So I think they really want that truck (I don't know why, it's a POS!) lol.
  • abukiabuki Member Posts: 7
    Hi, could you please let us know which dealer did she fet this deal from in NY?
    Thank you
    Sorry for the delay. She got the rouge fully loaded for $370 a month with nothing down with the navi (portable garmin no big deal IMO).

The deal for $350 was for some crappy bank that she had to take a $250 deductable on and her insurance was going to go through the roof so she went with the Nissan bank and it came out to $370 a month. I honestly thought that was B.S. I wasn't there to help her out but she thought hte deal was still good so she took it.

The dealership she went to was Staten Island Nissan I believe. My friend on the other hand went to a Nissan dealership in long island and he got the truck for $350 a month with the Nissan bank so go figure.

Anyway. I really like the truck. I have an Infiniti G35X sedan so I like most Nissans since it's the same company and the cars are all made very similar. The truck is great, drives nice, tight steering and decent room in the back seat and trunk. Def. a solid buy for my momma dukes.
  • abukiabuki Member Posts: 7
    Thank you for the detailed reply, much appreciated....
  • jmcbmwjmcbmw Member Posts: 85
    Car_man, Still searching for the right replacement for my ending X3 lease. Will you please inform of the June lease info for the Rogue? 15K, 36 or 39 mos Residuals and base Money Factor would be great. Not sure if different for FWD and AWD so please advise. Thanks
    Hi Ray. Don't worry about Nissan's May programs supposedly expiring. Its June program for the Rogue is very similar to its May program. Let's take a look at the selling price that you were quoted for this truck. The Rogue that you described has a spread of slightly over $2,300 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. You were quoted a discount of a little over $3,000 on this truck. This means that you are probably in one of the areas where Nissan is providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the '09 Rogue and that this is a very good deal.

You definitely cannot lie about having a pretend family member that works for Nissan and expect to get away with it, but your neighbor may be able to hook you up with the ability to purchase through the VPP program.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello sahm2kga. The VPP program should enable you to purchase, or in this case lease, the Nissan product that you are interested in for a set price without having to haggle...regardless of what dealer you go to.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey jmcbmw. Here's the latest info for you. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease o a 2009 Rogue S 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00234 and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 Rogue S AWD are .00234 and 62%.

The money factors for 39 month leases of these trucks are exactly the same, but the 39 mo. residuals are 1% lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • gilmorejgilmorej Member Posts: 6
    I am trying to lease a Rogue SL AWD with options that bring the MSRP to $28,675.
    I have tried to get the Manhattan (NY) Nissan dealer to comit to a lease deal by e-mail, but no luck so far. Will go there in person tomorrow. I am looking for a 36 month lease, 12,000 mi/yr and apx. $999 down. What do you think the terms should be if this is to be a good deal.

For comparison, I am looking at a Honda CR-V LX, same money down, same everything, with a monthly payment of $273. I know the Nissan comes with more features, but also know the Nissan Rogues have a deeper discount than the Honda.

thanks
  • scubadoo2scubadoo2 Member Posts: 13
    I leased a 2009 SL with all options, $29,200, for $327/month/15,000 with tax, bank fee and mv fees down. Many others have gotten similar deals. Hondas do not lease as well because the initial discount is not as big. Residuals and Money Factors are similar.
    Very helpful, Finally heard from the local dealer. He is offereing the following terms on a 2009 Rogue SL fully loaded (MSRP $29,200)
    $2,000 cap cost reduction
    $229 month X 42 months
    10,000 mi./month

I don't like the 42 months or the miles, but if I could get the deal for $2,000 cap cost reduction, $229 for 36 months and 12,000 mi./month that would seem like a pretty good deal.

opinions?
    That is a good deal but don't do the $2,000 cap cost. With $0 cap cost your payments should be about $280 which is a great deal.
    Just got back from the dealer and we talked about a 39 month lease with 12,000 miles per year, $2000 cap cost reduction at $259 per month. I prefer to pay the cost cap reduction and have a lower monthly payment. I am inclined to take the deal after I test drive the car later in the week.

No real room for negotiation given the promotion that Nissan is giving on fully loaded SLs this month.
    If you drive off the lot and total the car day 1 that $2,000 is gone. Insurance just pays off the lease.
    Point well taken...A risk I will have to take, living in NYC monthly payment is a concern since it is only the beginning. Will have to add on parking garage (more than rent in most parts of the country) + insurance. Thanks for the help.
  • olivioboliviob Member Posts: 23
    Hi Car Man (and others!)

Hope you are well.

Wife and I trying to lease a Rogue, SL w leather/prem/moon - 2wd.) We went to dealer came back w ridiculous lease prices and wouldn't negotiate (quoted 385/mo tax inc w 1g drive off.) Sticker @ 27k. I THINK the money factor was .00235 and the residual @ 56% - I think w/o leather tho not sure.

Looking for 39mo/12k mi/year. What should I expect to pay for min drive off (1st mo and fees - no more than 1g). Live in the Los Angeles area. Have tier 1 credit. Anyone have some advice or suggestions? Thanks so much!

oliviob
  • msubobcatmsubobcat Member Posts: 1
    Hello to anyone who can help. The Nissan dealership in my town currently has not gotten rid of all of their new 2008 Rogues and doesn't have any 2009's available for lease. Does anyone know if you can lease a new 08 Rogue, or at this point are they only available for purchase?

Also, I've read a lot about starting out at invoice pricing when trying to negotiate a deal. Problem is for an 08 I can't find anywhere that will give me invoice pricing. I have looked at invoice pricing for 09 SL base models, and it shows it is only around 20-21k and MSRP is about 23k. Being the case the 08 Rogue I am interested in has a price of 28k for a base model, which is unreal to me considering a 09 base model can go for 23k. Is my dealership really pricing THAT much over invoice, and if so...where would I even begin negotiations?

This will be the first time I'm leasing a car and want to do it right, if anyone has any input it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
  • tjrusstjruss Member Posts: 14
    Hi all - great forum, very helpful.
    I got a quote today from a dealer in New Jersey for a 2009 SL base w/moonroof.
    39 months/12k yr miles
    MSRP= $25,175 (I'm questioning him on this - edmunds shows it should be closer to $24k)
    Sell price = $23,431
    Upfront= $1740 (tax, MV fees, 1st payment, etc)
    Residual=$14,601.50
    Money Fact - .00234
    Monthly payment = $303.98

What do you think? From what I read hear, sounds like others are doing better.
    The dealers here in N. Jersey don't seem to want to do too much over email, so I'll be going there tomorrow. Hopeful that I can leverage last day on June for some extra discounting.

Does anyone know if the lease program will change much for July?
    Thanks for any assistance.
  • sofie80sofie80 Member Posts: 6
    I tried to do the right thing, I gave back my beloved Pathfinder (06--ABSOLUTELY trouble free!) and leased a 09 Rogue SL AWD Wicked Black w/leather, as loaded as a Rogue can be. I feel like I am riding in a golf cart!!!!
    I don't get what EVERYONE on these posts seem to be raving about! I can't see properly out of the rear window, the headrests block on both sides. I DID NOT know this "SUV Crossover" used a SENTRA chassis!!! What NERVE and it's priced at just under $30K!!!!!
    Even the Bose sound system seems lacking. I have had this auto for exactly (1) WEEK and I only have 38 MONTHS to go!!! I wish I had read the contract 1 had 48 hours to change my mind. I would have switched back to a Pathfinder in a minute!!! Gas price be damed! I KNOW this Rogue is safety rated at 4-5 stars. But I don't feel safe/secure in it! I feel :P that when I am coming on the highway that I have to floor the gas and cross myself!
    If u see my post below you know I am not a happy camper but that's not a bad price. I pay more per month but put much less down. Under 1,000K, also have fully loaded (like it matters) also leased in NJ. Dealers in NJ MUCH better then NY!!! Like that u drive car home same day. Will say that I INSISTED that I have the "wicked Black" which dealer DID not have on lot. I had to wait a few days. If u are flexiable on color (I am NOT, I know it's lame but it's a thing I have) u could definately get a lower price.
    HONESTLY, think it over carefully, I REALLY would not have gotten this auto (I REFUSE to call "it" a truck/suv) had a read some of these comments esoicially about the rear window. I am 5'5" and it's REALLY very hard to parallel park this thing. Frankly, I CAN'T and where I live that's a problem! hope I helped. good luck with whatever u decide.
    It's not a $$ thing, it's a safety thing. Did the chevy have a 4cyl.? Does she realize that she won't be able to see out the rear window. I know people on this forum have found ways around these issues (put al seats down, adjust mirrors) but what it REALLY comes down to is...IF YOU CAN'T SEE ALL AROUND SAFELY YOU ARE NOT SAFE!!!! btw,that's not a bad price, but I would have Mom keep looking! I don't feel safe going over 60 in mine!
    navigation is NOT in dash u do know this right?
    I was offered that no charge if I'd take car off lot (no, wanted "wicked Black") Salesman told me, "we'll give u the Nav no charge if u take color on lot". That's when I went & looked and saw no place to install it, it would be a garmin which we already have! That's not a big deal u can get one off amazon for $150.
    No, I am tier1 & pay 390.97(Mgr. snuck that .97 in at LAST minute...) I have same model u have. Sounds legit to me. Do u like the Rogue? I dislike it Very much & i've had "it" for 1 week!!!! I feel like I've been duped! My husband likes it & I knew it was better on gas then my Pathfinder(Boohoo...how I miss that boat!) After reading some of the issues others have had with this car I am really sorry I am stuck for another 38 months!
    The SL is a nice price, but try to put less down (this is a lease...u own nothin after term!)

We offer nothing down then the fun begins...be prepared to walk (seriously...NEVER EVER Pay what the salespeople tell you at first go!)

Look 'em in the eye say "I WANT blah, blah blah and I want to put Nothin down, YOU pay the taxes and watch them come down!
    Good luck
    Hi oliviob. I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the Rogue that you are interested in for you. In order to do so, I need you to provide me with its selling price. For now, I will assume that you are able to negotiate a $1,500 dealer discount on this truck.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2009 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD that has an MSRP of $27,000 and a selling price of $25,500 through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $366. Once sales tax is added in, that's not too far from what the dealer that you are working with quoted you. I guess that this is just the price that one has to pay to lease a Rogue right now.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.