Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Toyota Camry

Comments

• 210delray210delray Member Posts: 4,721
    Opinions on the best way - if there is one - to approach stops?

I'd say coast as much as possible, do not brake until the end, while obviously glancing at your rearview mirror. What Click and Clack were talking about is for manual transmissions -- use the brakes rather than downshifting for complete stops. Similarly, don't manually downshift an automatic for stops; select lower gears only for descending long, steep grades.
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    What you are undoubtedly experiencing is the Fuel-Cut procedure to conserve fuel. when you release the throttle to coast down to a lower speed then this fuel cut technique comes into play. With no fuel supplied, NONE, the engine would undoubtedly stall were the transaxle not downshifted, again and again, sequentially, so that road friction "drives" the engine(***). Then once you are fairly close to a full stop the transaxles is upshifted and fuel flow is restored.

"..slide forward a bit.."

This latter mode is the one that causes you to think the brakes have been released slightly just prior to coming to a full stop if you happen to be lightly braking during coastdown.

With the current day use of 6(9) speed transaxles the fuel cut procedure is a lot more noticeable.

*** Catch 22 involved here requiring CAREFUL, "just so", downshifting, just enough to prevent the engine from stalling but not so much as to be a HAZARD due to engine compression brakiing.
    "...almost no coasting..."

6 cylinder vs 4..??
    "..if those hesitations are "normal".."

Not "normal", but definitely SOP.

Google for:

wwest abolition hesitation dfg

Any driver unique driving style/habits/types that are learned are ERASED each and every time you restart the engine.
  • dookie84dookie84 Member Posts: 33
    Thanks, wwest.
    What is SOP? :confuse:
    I googled what you suggested and it looks like it's to a Lexus forum. I'm not sure what I'd be looking for there or what info I should see.
    Standard operating procedure, that is, "the way things are done these days."

Mr. West is big on abbreviations: FE = fuel economy, WOT = wide open throttle.
    Sorry, the google search line should have been

wwest abolition hesitation -dfg

Yes, Lexus and Toyota share, mostly, the same transaxle designs therefore both have the 1-2 second downshift "re-acceleration" delay/hesitation. Design was changed in '98 in order to built a more robust transaxle for the RX300 and at the same time increase FE substantially. But the new design had an unforeseen flaw for which Toyota has not yet been able to overcome.
  • petras2petras2 Member Posts: 104
    Let me get this straight..if what you're saying re total fuel cut is true, how is the power steering working since it is a hydraulic system..seems like a safety issue
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    wwest,

Can you please post some supporting documentation references. I'd like to read up on this concept, and have never read anything about what you have described, including the factory service manual. My 2007 exhibits none of those symptoms.

I'd like to read those engineering specs, or operational descriptions.
    When the fuel is completely cut the engine/transaxle ECU keeps the transaxle downshifted/downshifting just enough that the engine still turns over at something close to, or above, idle. So the power stearing pump, alternator, water pump, A/C compressor, etc, are still "powered", but now via drive wheel traction with the roadbed.
    techinfo.toyota.com

But I'm not sure the fuel cut technique goes back to '07, or maybe just not as extreme as today. Additionally the new 6(9) speed transaxles would undoubtedly make the fuel cut downshifting sequence a lot more noticeable.
  • biguglybigugly Member Posts: 3
    We bought a 2010 SE 4 cylinder Camry a few months ago. My mother had a 1997 Camry LE 4 cylinder that had 185,000 miles before she sold it. My mother's oil was changed every 5,000 miles with conventional oil. My mother's car would get 30+ mpg and had no engine issues. What kind of engineer would require synthetic oil in a 2010 Camry every 5000 miles when conventional oil was fine previously? I changed to synthetic oil on a 1997 BMW 540i and changed it every 10,000 miles, versus 5,000 with conventional oil. The only thing synthetic oil does is increase the cost of maintenance for the owner. Toyota missed the mark with this completely and should explain why they did this other than to cost more for the customer. :mad:
    Mechanically your new 2010 SE would probably go beyond that 185,000 milestone using dino oil. But the 2010 SE's EPA MPG estimates are based on the use of synthetic oil and the different properties thereof. Most likely improved frictional aspects along with more rapid viscosity reaction time with temperature change as the engine warms.

Maybe you should expect 400,000 miles from the new one.

Oh, the 5,000 mile number is probably a concession to the dealer network, my 2001 996/911 C4 calls for a 15,000 miles interval with synthetic.
  • gtgtcobragtgtcobra Member Posts: 268
    I just leased a brand new 2010 Camry LE and I am concerned about getting the "most" and the "maximum" fuel economy out of my car. I drive very conservatively and I do NOT race or abuse the car while driving it. This will be my point A to point B car for the next 3 years until my lease is up in December of 2013.

Will the use of synthetic oil during my oil changes get the maximum fuel economy out of my new 2010 Camry LE? I WANT to get the best and the maximum fuel economy out of my new 2010 Camry LE. I am looking to try to get an average of 30 to 31 MPG fuel economy on my Camry LE. I see that a lot of people do not get that type of mileage and that they get in the mid or upper 20's in MPG fuel economy in their new 2010 Camrys.

When I received my new 2010 Camry LE on the15th of December it came with a full tank of gas in it, but the needle on the gas guage was "exactly" on the "F" LINE.

Well, I just filled the tank in my brand new 2010 Camry LE for the 1st time today with regular 87 octane fuel and when I did the mileage per gallon calculation it showed that my Camry LE only got 18.17 MPG on its very first fill-up. I had exactly 4 gallons left in the tank before filling up the car with gas.

I went 264 miles and I put 14.53 gallons of gasoline in the tank (264 miles/14.53 Gallons = 18.17 MPG).
    I have driven the car on the highway 2/3 of the time that I've owned it and I haven't gone over 65 and 68 MPH. I have also been varying my speed to below 60 MPH while on the highway. I have been driving the car "very gently".

WHY am I getting only 18 MPG on my very first fill-up? Does my new 2010 Camry LE need to be broken in more before I see decent gas mileage on it? Why am I getting such low gas mileage on my car? Does anybody here know? I live up here in the Northeast and I want to try to get 30 MPG fuel economy on my new Camry if I can. Will this be possible if I start using synthetic oil?
  • dookie84dookie84 Member Posts: 33
    The salesperson at the Toyota dealer I bought my 2010 from said that she thought Toyota might switch their oil change interval recommendation from 5000 to 10,000 miles sometime soon.
  • lilengineerboylilengineerboy Member Posts: 4,116

When I received my new 2010 Camry LE on the15th of December it came with a full tank of gas in it, but the needle on the gas guage was "exactly" on the "F" LINE.

Fuel gauges are weighted such that they will stay on FULL for the first 2-3 gallons to give the driver the perception of improved fuel economy. A "tank of gas" is a double click off at the pump to the next double click off refill (from the EPA testing methodology).

In any case, I would wait more than one tank of gas prior to getting concerned about the mileage. I would also check tire pressures to make sure they are at the manufacturer's recommended PSI.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,953
    Most cars don't reach their maximum fuel economy numbers till after the 5k mark and some even closer to 10k. Just relax and drive your car as you have been for the initial break in period and things will improve. My Civic didn't get it's best mileage until after it had over 5k on the odo. Not sure if your car came with synthetic from the factory...check with your dealer. At 25k, I'm still using dino oil at this point instead of switching to synthetic...still going back and forth over this since I only drive about 7k miles per year now.
    So just enjoy the car and you will see the mileage numbers increase in time.

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• corolla_e11corolla_e11 Member Posts: 18
    Hahaha,

@dookie84: this will happen in the next century. Hopefully you still gonna be on earth to see this happening in America.

The US is one of the rare automobile market where oil change is done after 5000. Miles. The same cars as in Europe(Opel or European other name name for GM, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Ford, Mazda, Renault, Fiat, Toyota etc.). Every car has 1 years or 15.000 KM Standard on oil change; By now in Europe the selling point is "increased maintenance interval"(25.000 KM and more) and this is how car manufacturers are trying to reach out to new customers.

Now some people will justify the lower maintenance schedule here in the US with the gas quality (low quality + cheaper price) and some how those are related. But let me ask those this question: All those cars (Ford, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Ford, Renault, Fiat, Toyota OK with exception {Toyota + Mazda} ) run also with premium gas as in oversee but once they are here in the US they'll all have to make oil maintenance by 5000 miles. Shame on ......

A nation that apparently invented cars. Hopefully Henry Ford is not seeing the first nation became the last.

An other example: Oversee, vacuum cleaners are really cheap (almost for free). If you go in any store and grab 1 you are 95 % sure about the quality and realiability. But here get out there and to try to find 1. The only cleaners that works are the Dyson ($400 and more) or Bissel ($200 or more). Don't even try to buy some think else because the lose of suction will happen after 3 minutes cleaning.

Same think with washers and dryers. In Europe very good quality washers, what they call here (High Efficient front loader) are available for the people and they start by 200 Euros and you can't go wrong with any other brand you choose. But here in the US try to buy a front loader you'll have to spend $1000 and more. really a shame.

In a century where every think is already invented (car, air planes, nuclear weapons, computers, travel to the moon and regarding this pretty soon vacation to the moon is ahead) a nation is still struggling to do basic stuffs (washing, cleaning)...... and they hope to be "the best" in competition with other nations where standards are already so high and well establish.

Just to come back with dookie84, Don't expect this to happen in the us market not now, not in the next century; car customers here are willing to pay for maintenance every 5000 miles or lower. Why you think or believe the car manufactures will change this? Maybe because they don't like money? or you think the dealerships will let they business go away.......

The future will tell us more .......
    The 2010 Camry with the 4-cylinder engine requires synthetic oil, so you have no choice. I wouldn't be concerned about the first fill-up giving such seemingly low mpg. The tank wasn't full to begin with, because if it were full, the gauge would read above the "full" mark, as has already been noted. Plus the car will get better mileage as it breaks in.

Unless most of your driving is on the highway, you won't be able to average 30 mpg overall. I would hope for something in the neighborhood of 26-28 mpg in mixed driving.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    This is the same question as was posted in Toyota Camry Real World MPG.
    I have been reading (on another site) that some service advisors are saying that Toyota will be contacting owners in February about changing the oil change interval to 10,000 miles on the 2010s. If true, that's great news!
  • camry2k5camry2k5 Member Posts: 38
    "Toyota will be contacting owners in February about changing the oil change interval to 10,000 miles on the 2010s."

This must be true. Here's from a Toyota Service Manager:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Camry/message/15288
  • pixshooterpixshooter Member Posts: 51
    After reading the above ''Oil Change Interval'' post I thought I might as well post my message from Toyota Corporate Headquarters because of all the different answers regarding oil changes. The 10,000 mile oil changes would be nice. I will edit some of my message since some of it deals with other issues with my 2010 Toyota Camry LE. Here is the toll free number if someone else wants to call and see if there is new info out from Toyota. Robert Browning
    Toyota Customer Experience 1-800-331-4331

As you can see my last contact was at the beginning of October but it was not from a dealer or service tech, it was from Toyota. I would sure like to see any updates or bulletins that anyone has that is directly from Toyota. I am almost at 4,000 miles and it is about time for my first oil change. Still only getting 29-30 mpg with conservative driving. I hope I get better gas mileage after I put a few thousand more miles on the car, as others have suggested will happen.

Discussion Thread
    Response (RBro) 10/06/2009 11:54 AM
    Dear Mr. XXXl;

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

We appreciate your interest in the Camry and we are sorry for any confusion generated by our office.

Our position regarding the oil directly conforms with what you have available in the Owner's Manual. Your vehicle, per our records, is a four-cylinder model. The four-cylinder is supplied from the factory with synthetic 0W-20 oil, and this is our primary recommendation. However, 5W-20 petroleum-based (conventional) oil may be used as well. The 5W-30 petroleum-based oil is recommended for the six-cylinder engine, which does not apply to your situation.

If we may be of further assistance, please contact us via email or by calling 800-331-4331. We are available from 5 AM to 6 PM, Pacific Time, Monday through Friday, and from 7 AM to 4 PM Saturday.

We have documented your comments at our National Headquarters.

Robert Browning
    Toyota Customer Experience
    Customer (XXX) 10/02/2009 02:23 PM
    I am very disappointed in trying to get information from Toyota. After calling the toll free CA. number (800-331-4331) and local dealers I get various answers for the same question. Does Toyota have a number that I can call and talk to someone that honestly knows what they are talking about or do all representatives just read out of the manual?
    I just bought an 2010 Camry LE. I almost declined because I could not get my questions answered.
    1. What motor oil to use? Calling the above number I have gotten 3 different answers. 0W-20,5W-20 and 5w-30. Why did I call 3 times? Because my closest dealer uses 5w-30 unless 0W-20 is requested.Another dealer did not have 0W-20. Calling the 800-331-4331 number and one time I was told if I don't use 0W-20 it will void the warranty and then same person talked with someone else and told me that that was incorrect, manual was incorrect and oil cap was incorrect. Why can't Toyota get the info correct for all parties involved? On one call I told rep that there is a Toyota Camry Forum and you can see the confusion on the forum> http://www.camryforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5346 People at the 800-331-4331 number told me they would post a official notice on the forum. I waited a week and called back to ask why there was nothing posted and this time I was told that Toyota does not post on forums. Meanwhile we are just as confused. I certainly don't want to spend $8.00 per qt of oil if not necessary. Finance officer where I bought the car from ''Quality Toyota'' said to use 0W-20.

I need to be able to get competent answers for future questions and or problems. Everyone is still up in the air on the proper oil to use. a typical link on the subject> http://www.smartsynthetics.com/articles/5w20oil.htm
    My complaint is not about the dealership. I want competent answers to the oil question and future questions. Note; On this Better Assist You Q/A there is no 2010 CHOICE SO I HAD LEFT IT BLANK AND HAD TO RESEND BECAUSE OF TIMEOUT!!!! GOOD GRIEF!!
  • rudaruda Member Posts: 6
    Can somebody with the 2010 Camry SE 6Manual confirm if the car was made in Japan? The automatic SE are built in Kentucky, that is confirmed. But I am not sure about the 2010 SE manual. My 2006 SE 5MT was built in Japan.

Can you check, if your WIN starts with "J" ???? Thank you.
    My 2010 Camry Base Manual 6 speed was made in Kentucky. Why do you ask? I would just ask the dealer (if a dealer somewhere has one!). An SE manual? That is a rare car, even more unusual than my Base(CE) manual. I don't think you will find anyone here with that car. I'd check on the Toyota-specific websites.

By the way, my Kentucky-built Camry assembled with 85% NA components has been completely perfect. The Kentucky assembly folks and the USA/Canadian parts manufactures did a great job!
    If the VIN starts with a "J" the car was built in Japan. If it starts with a "1" or "4" it was built in the USA, specifically Kentucky in the case of the Camry. Very few Camrys are now being imported from Japan. In any case, the quality of the car will be the same.

I believe only 1% of Camrys are now sold with manual transmissions, and the SE model so equipped is a very rare bird, as mcdawgg noted.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I had my car since new, have 160,000km, just changed my breaks for the first time. Otherwise no problem at all. I would really valued if the car is built in Japan.
    By the way: I work for a major Tier 0.5 supplier (Magna) and I can tell you that the quality of the part build here (N/A) is different than the same parts manufactures in India or China. The material might be different (it might be questionable equivalent) and the expertise in building the parts/cars is different. Similar comparison can be made between N/A and Japan.
    Mind you, I will buy it anyway. I really like it. Mainly the 6MT.
    Here in Toronto, I could not find any SE 6MT on the several lots. (Thus I could not confirm the VIN).
    I am a little bit confused here. Are you saying that you just purchased a brand new 2010 Camry SE with a 6 speed manual transmission and that your entire vehicle was 100% built in Japan? Also, which vehicle do you have 160,000 KM on? Do you have it on your 2010 Camry SE or on another Camry vehicle that you own? I am a little bit unclear about this.

Also, if you "did" find a brand new 2010 Camry SE that is 100% Japanese built you are very lucky. I was looking in the Toyota dealer's entire lot in order to find a 100% Japanese built Camry when I leased my 2010 Camry LE. I was unable to find any. The only Camry vehicles that I found were either built in Kentucky or in Indiana. I wish that I could have also found a 100% Japanese built Camry just like you did. I prefer the 100% Japanese built ones much more than the American built ones.
    Just to clarify:
    I have 2006 SE 5MT with 160K made in Japan.
    I am just about to buy the 2010 SE 6MT.
    Is the 2010 Camry SE 6MT that you are going to buy made 100% in Japan? Or is it made 100% here in the USA in Kentucky or at the Indiana assembly plant?
    That is what I am trying to find out !!!
    The dealer could not answer and the 6MT car is not anywhere in Toronto.

I would prefer the Japanese build, but I sat in the 2010 SE automatic yesterday and it was fabulous!!!. So I will buy it even if it is not build in Japan. The car does not have a serious competition in its category. The dealer also told me, that this is the last year with the manual trany (not sure if he was just bluffing).
    The dealer also told me, that this is the last year with the manual tranny (not sure if he was just bluffing).

I have never heard this. Sounds like a dealer that wants to get a sale! I really like my base 2010 with the 6 speed manual. Nice car for the money. I can understand you wanting the SE though. It will be very tough to find. If you are lucky enough to find a dealer that has one, you may have to take a plane or train trip to the dealer's area, and then drive it back, or even try ordering one.

I used Edmund's search and found the closest dealer, which was 400 miles away. But, it was worth it! Please keep us up to date on your search and purchase.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    The car does not have a serious competition in its category.

Um... ok.
    "The car does not have a serious competition in its category."

That's NOT true. Where you been boy? Are you misinformed? There are MANY vehicles that are competition with the Camry.

They Camry's competition are:

1. Mazda 6 Series

2. Honda Accord

3.Chevy Malibu

4. Ford Fusion

5. Hyundai Sonata

6. Acura TL

7. Dodge Avenger

8. Chrysler Sebring

9. Nissan Altima

10. Volkswagen Jetta

11. Volkswagen CC

12. Kia Optima

13. Mitsubishi Galant

14. Subaru Impreza

15. Subaru Legacy

Wake up boy! The Camry has a LOT of competition.
    I think you're replying to the wrong person... boy.
    I am replying to "ruda".........boy. :)
    Manual transmission availibility in regular passenger cars have been on the decline for many years now, even more rapid decline for FWD and F/awd due to the potentially greater hazards involved.

We may begin to see a reversal of the FWD manual tranny downward spiral due to VW's new technique wherein the engine will be automatically up-revved should the driver inadvertently downshift too far. "Too far" thereby resulting in wheelslip, loss of traction, due to engine compression braking and raising the potential for loss of directional control.
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    I don't know if this is the right forum to post this, but does anyone know when the toyota camry will get a all-new design/restyle? I have read 2012 or 2013. Is there any definite information out there on when the camry will be redesigned? Thanks.
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    ? - 1986 Gen 1
    1987 - 1991 Gen 2
    1992 - 1996 Gen 3
    1997 - 2001 Gen 4
    2002 - 2006, (2005 engine/tran enhance) Gen 5
    2007 - ?, (2010 engine/tran enhance) Gen 6

Standard disclaimer.......past results may not accurately predict future performance.
    "The car does not have a serious competition in its category."
    That's NOT true. Where you been boy? Are you misinformed? There are MANY vehicles that are competition with the Camry.

They Camry's competition are:

1. Mazda 6 Series -> Not bad (I must admit), about the same price, there is a reason why the sales of Camry is 400,000/year, while Mazda6 about 80,000/y
    2. Honda Accord -> the 2010 only the base LX has MT 5 speed, steel wheels about the same price as SE with all extras. To get on the SE level, you have to spend extra $2,500, then you still do no have the sport suspension (and other things). Consider that Camry does not have timing belt - saves cost on maintenance (has timing chain).
    3.Chevy Malibu -> no MT, I do not like any GM at all
    4. Ford Fusion -> I do not like FORD, but I have to admit that they are on the right track
    5. Hyundai Sonata -> safe money buying, loose money selling, too small, too cheap
    6. Acura TL -> not bad, but starts about $16,000 more than CAMRY, it is dressed-up Accord, manual tranny starts at $50,000 dollars (I can by to SE for the price)
    7. Dodge Avenger -> biggest piece of crap, too small
    8. Chrysler Sebring - brother of Avenger
    9. Nissan Altima -> cheap interior, when equipped with similar package as the SE, the price is about 1,500 more than Camry, no 17" wheels
    10. Volkswagen Jetta -> my second car right now, too small, too expensive to buy, to maintain and to insure, I am getting rid of it
    11. Volkswagen CC - same as above, only 4 seats ( I need 5)
    12. Kia Optima -> Chinese crap (Korean car build with Chinese parts).
    13. Mitsubishi Galant -> ugly, 4speed auto, no manual tranny, sales - fingers of one hand (for a reason)
    14. Subaru Impreza -> not bad, but not in the same class as Camry, WRX STI is just great, too expensive to buy and to insure
    15. Subaru Legacy -> the 2010 model is much better than the previous version, about $2,000 more to buy, expensive to insure

Here is the prove that there is no serious competition for Camry SE 6MT. Limping behind are Mazda 6, Accord, Fusion, Altima and then NOBODY....
    Manual transmission availibility in regular passenger cars have been on the decline for many years now, even more rapid decline for FWD and F/awd due to the potentially greater hazards involved.

Oh please, not that again. Manual trannies are in a steep decline because hardly anyone wants to row their own gears anymore (I am a rare exception). It isn't worth it for the manufacturers to go through the emissions certification procedure to sell a tiny number manual tranny vehicles, except for sports cars, small cars, and bare bones pickups. I'm pleasantly surprised that Toyota still offers one in the 4-cylinder Camry.
    Considering your post is full of untrue information and that its best qualities are the biased baseless commentary, I think we can pretty much just move on here...

This isn't the midsize sedans comparison forum anyway. Feel free to take this "info" there; I'm sure plenty of folks would love to discuss it with you.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    I think you are kidding with the use of "boy", but given that it's hard for humor to be conveyed when we are only dealing with the written word (as opposed to facial expressions, tone of voice, etc), it's best not to leave room for confusion and skip that sort of thing all together. Okay? :)
  • colloquorcolloquor Member Posts: 482
    You don't even have to look at the VIN plate to determine if a Camry is made in Japan. Just cruise the lot and look at the front bumper. If it has a square plug on one side of the front of the front bumper (I can't remember if it's left or right), it's made in Japan. This is one of the tie-down points for the voyage across the Pacific on the ship.
  • skilauskilau Member Posts: 26
    AH!!!

I was wondering what the heck that square plug was on my Camry!!!
    It looks so weird and out of place on the bumper, and couldn't figure out why it is there!

Great info, thanks for the post!

(And yup, my Camry is from Japan, its a 2010 LE V6)
    I really wish that my 2010 Camry LE 4 cylinder was made in Japan too.
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    I'm not 100% sure but isn't another way to tell if your Camry is from Japan or not is doesn't the VIN # start with a J if it was made in Japan? I know some other automakers do that like Lexus and Infiniti but I'm not sure about Toyota?
    Yes, "J" for Japan, see my post #697.
    The three characters of the the WMI provide a unique identifier for every manufacturer. The characters one and two indicate the country where the vehicle was built, while characters two and three designate the manufacturer (or division within a larger group).

North America 1 - 5
    1A-10 United States
    2A-20 Canada
    3A-3W Mexico
    4A-40 United States
    5A-50 United States

Asia J - R
    JA-J0 Japan
    KL-KR Korea (South)
    LA-L0 China
    MA-ME India

Europe S - Z
    SA-SM Great Britain
    SN-ST Germany
    SU-SZ Poland
    TA-TH Switzerland
    TJ-TP Czech Republic
    TR-TV Hungary
    TW-T1 Portugal
    U5-U7 Slovakia
    VA-VE Austria
    VF-VR France
    VS-VW Spain
    WA-W0 Germany
    YS-YW Sweden
    ZA-ZR Italy
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Member Posts: 7,160
    Actually the 12 mo / 10000 mi OCI has already been announced to the various dealers and service departments. It hasn't yet been put in writing officially from HQ..except surprisingly in the Chicago region.

But YES, the vehicles that require 0w20 oil will be going to 10000 mi or 12 mo OCI's. I'd expect the official announcement soon after the beginning of the year.

dookie84 is right.
This discussion has been closed.