Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Santa Fe Longevity

badger22badger22 Member Posts: 5
edited April 2014 in Hyundai
Looking at the older thread discussing maintainence issues for previous Santa Fe models, I was curious as to what people think about the future reliability of the Santa Fe 2008, say 5 years/100k miles down the road? From what I've read, it seems like Hyundai's become problematic as they get older and the older models have had numerous problems. Will this be the case with the 2008, or has Hyundai increased their quality dramatically?

Comments

• denvertrakkerdenvertrakker Member Posts: 132
    In the April issue of Consumer Reports, under "Best & worst used cars", several Hyundai models are listed as "good choices" - including the previous version of the Santa Fe, from '02 thru '05. No Santa Fes are listed under "used cars to avoid". As the owner of a new Santa Fe, I'm hoping they will continue on the (excellent) path they seem to be on!
  • mpuzachmpuzach Member Posts: 635
    Any answers would be pure speculation at this point. There's just no way to know yet.
  • oscar_gataoscar_gata Member Posts: 96
    If there is no way to tell at this point, why did Consumer Reports recommend the Santa Fe? Ever since the Taurus recommendation all those years ago, CR has been very conservative in making their recommendations. They wait a year to get repair data before giving the thumbs up on any vehicle. I'm not saying that you can't get a lemon, but all indications point to Santa Fe build quality being very good. If the initial quality of a vehicle is good, and after a year of consumer feedback Consumer Reports blesses the vehicle, I would say that there is an excellent chance that longevity should be good as well.
  • badger22badger22 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I recently had my left turn signal smashed and need to replace it. This may sound stupid, but the mechanic was claiming my lights were Xenon headlights, however I don't think they are. How can I confirm what type of lights I have?

Thanks
  • mrbizness1mrbizness1 Member Posts: 93
    Pull the bulb out on the r/s light
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I see you found the Volvo S60 discussion ok. :)
This discussion has been closed.