Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti EX35 EX37 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi mbrokerny. To the best of my knowledge, Infiniti's April incentives on the 2008 EX35 are exactly the same as its March incentives were. I suppose that it's possible that there was some extra bonus cash out there on models that have the Tech package, but I never heard anything about it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi mez4. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate for a 39 month lease of an '08 EX35 AWD.

Car_man
    Host
  • mbrokernymbrokerny Member Posts: 10
    It looks like Infiniti is not going to offer any lease support for May, online it says "Please check with your local retailer for lease offers"

Are they getting out of the leasing business too?
  • pris1pris1 Member Posts: 7
    Hi- I just received a lease offer for a 2008 w/premium pkg. $429 + tax(FL), $1,750 due at signing, 39 months, 10k miles per year. Can someone advise is this is a good deal?
    Hi mbrokerny. Infiniti is still providing lease support on the EX in May. The people who maintain its website probably just had not updated it with the new program yet when you checked.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi pris1. It actually would be much easier for me to give you my opinion of this deal if you were to provide me with this vehicle's selling price first. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_man...thanks, here are the details...

MSRP: $41,475
    39 months, 12k miles
    $498.35 + 7% tax
    $2,000 at signing (includes tax, reg, tags, 1st payment, bank fee, dealer fee)

Car comes w/Nav + Premium pkgs...what you think?
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    You still haven't provided the the selling price. As Car man said the deal cannot be evaluated without that.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Selling Price: $38,300
    You're welcome, pris1. I actually asked for this vehicle's selling price (you gave me its MSRP and payment). I probably could back into the selling price by playing with the numbers for a while, but it would be easier if you told me how much the dealer is charging for the EX that you're interested in.

This is a very important number for you as a consumer to know anyhow. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given.

Car_man
    Host
    Ah ha, I see that you did provide the selling price. I should have scrolled down before replying. Thanks for the info, pris1.

The 2008 EX35 that you described probably has a spread of around $3,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Plus Infiniti is providing a $1,000 bonus cash incentive on this model that brings the gap to around $4,500. You were quoted a discount of $3,175. That's around $1,325 over dealer invoice. Given the fact that the 2009 EX has finally arrived, I would not be surprised if you were able to do better than this on a 2008 EX if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition.

Car_man
    Host
    Hmm- I also received 0% financing....is it still a bad deal?
  • hgrandahgranda Member Posts: 1
    Can someone please post the lease numbers for the remaining 2008 EX35's. Also, is the $5000 incentive and $1000 bonus cash applicable with leases? THX
  • letoleto Member Posts: 23
    Hello,
    could anybody suggest what kind of deal could be found these days on NorthEast?

I am on a market EX35 AWD lease. I usually take 36 (or 39) month, 10k (or 12k) /year
    program.
    My timeframe is within 2 month, when my CURRENT INFINITY lease matures.

I'd appreciate any sharing.
  • djrobsddjrobsd Member Posts: 20
    I'm looking at a 2008 EX35. The dealer hasn't given me the full numbers yet, I'm going in there tomorrow to look at the deal they are presenting, but here's the specifics:

2008 EX35 JOURNEY AWD w/ Premium Package, Wood Trim, Cargo net/first aid kit/shade (not sure if that's an option?)

Lease 43 Months, $600 a month including CA (8.75%) tax, with $2000 down
    Price includes: $4300 negative equity from my Ford Escape rolled into the lease

He didn't say how many miles per month or anything else... Also, I'm in Tier 2 for IFS, so I know I'm not getting the best rate but still...

I'd like to see the current money factors and residuals to get a better idea if we're even close. ;)
    Hi pris1. The bonus cash that is available on this model is compatible with its special financing program, so the fact that you took advantage of it should have no impact upon your deal.

I didn't say that this was a "bad" deal...just that someone who was in an area that had a decent level of competition may have been able to shave another $500 or so off of this truck's selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hgranda. Infiniti raised its dealer cash on the 2008 EX35 to $6,000 in June. Unfortunately, this cash is not compatible with its special lease program. The $1,000 bonus cash is however.

Infiniti Financial Services' lease program for the EX35 varies by term, mileage allowance, and trim level. You never mentioned what any of these variables are, so for now I will have to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different. IFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of an '08 EX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00006 and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi djrobsd. 43 months is an odd term, I suspect that the dealer meant 42 months. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42 month lease of a 2008 EX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00021 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. I'm not sure how much this factor increases for Tier 2 customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • reed930reed930 Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in an EX35 and would probably go with an '08 if there are greater discounts over an '09. Can you tell me what incentives the '08 has? Did they extend the $6,000 dealer cash from June? How about the $1,000? Thanks.
    Hello reed930. The $6,000 dealer cash that was a available on the 2008 EX35 in June is still available this month, however it is not compatible with the special lease program. On top of the six grand, there is an additional $1,000 cash bonus for a total of $7,000 on purchases. On leases there is the grand plus an additional $1,250 lease cash for a total of $2,250.

Car_man
    Host
  • yuyo83yuyo83 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to lease a 2009 EX35 Journey AWD. What would be the current money factor on factory lease now? Got an offer for $399/month with $2900 down for 39 month, 10K Miles/year with the premium package. Is that a good offer or should be able to do better?
    It sounds like a good deal....I'm paying $499 for 39 month, $2,000 down, 12k miles/per year.
  • yuyo83yuyo83 Member Posts: 3
    Hi pris1, how much was the cap cost and money factor on the car? What option did you get?
  • stevernstevern Member Posts: 41
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you please post the numbers for an 09 EX lease 36 or 39 months 12,000 or 10,000 miles/year (whatever are the more attractive numbers at this time)?

Thanks,
    Steve
  • woolooloowoolooloo Member Posts: 44
    Infiniti has a subsidized lease offer on their website for an EX35 AWD with a good choice of options for $399/mo with a $3600 down payment:

http://www.infinitiusa.com/current-offers/?next=Financing.Overview.Current_Offer- s

None of my local dealers have the AWD in stock (and I'd prefer the RWD anyways). Do the same lease terms (MF, residual, etc) apply to the RWD as to this AWD deal? Does anyone know what the specifics on this lease deal are?
    The lease factors will be different between an AWD and a RWD. Unfortunately since there is almost zero interest in this car its hard to get lease rates here. You are better off emailing a couple of dealers and asking them for the numbers.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • cg62cg62 Member Posts: 8
    Ok Just picked up 09 EX35 Dark Currant with Brown interior.

AWD Journey
    Bose and Navigation with surround view
    Window tinting
    trunk mat
    splash guards
    39 months 15k per year.
    Due at siging first month + motor vehicle = $720.
    includes $500 loyalty.

monthly Payment $540.
    From Competition Infiniti Smithtown, NY, salesman Fritz Jean great experience.
    Hi yuyo83. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 EX35 Journey AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00106 and 54%, respectively.

As far as the specific deal that you were quoted goes, the easiest way to evaluate it is to look at the selling price that you are being charged. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is still any beat left on the bone so to speak. Theoretically, one could back into the selling price by crunching some numbers, but it's always more accurate to find out the selling price straight from the horse's mouth. As a consumer, you have a right to know it. Let us know what this number is and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, Steve. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 EX35 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00103 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00106 and 55%. If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this vehicle's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi woolooloo. Infiniti Financial Services' lease program for EX35 AWD and RWD models are similar, but not exactly the same. IFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of an '09 EX35 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00106 and 55%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 EX35 RWD are .00090 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new EX, cg62. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Real-world examples like this are always helpful for others who are in the market for similar vehicles. If you haven't already, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to tell everyone about your recent pleasant dealer experience. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • rmpiercermpierce Member Posts: 3
    2008 EX AWD Journey - Premium, Lux Style, 18" Wheel package, cargo cover, mud guards. Sticker $43.5K. Selling price $36.5K. Traded a less than perfect condition 2002 325i w/over 100K miles for $5,500.

42 month lease, 15K/year. Lease cost: $420/mo includes PA 10% lease tax. Absolutely no money out of pocket down.

I think it's a good deal given I bought it for $3K under invoice on a lease. They offered me nearly $10K off the sticker on a buy, but I didn't want the higher monthly payment (even with the bigger discount), and I didn't want to try and trade this car in five years - given that it is a 2008 model and has been a really slow seller here in western PA. We only have one Infinity dealer within 100 miles of where I live, and they have never had a 2009 model year EX.

I love this car, but given how slow a seller it is (I have yet to see another on the road), I don't expect it to be around in five years. I'd have probably bought a G (I'm more of a car guy than a truck/SUV guy), but I couldn't get anywhere near as good of a deal on a 2009 G37x. If you want one of these, a 2008 on a lease is the way to go.
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    In Texas, IFS is having a quick window of opportunity - tax credits from 9/3/09-9/8/09. This should help about $50 a month. :D
  • sq1831sq1831 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man.
    May I ask if the lease money factor has changed for September?
    - 39 month lease
    - 2009 EX35 Journey AWD Nav/roof
    - 12,000 miles/year?
    Thanks again for this very usefule forum!!!!
  • vermin3vermin3 Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know if any of the $4000 dealer cash can be used for leasing?

Thx
  • sq1831sq1831 Member Posts: 3
    Hello,
    I am negociating a lease and I am not able to use the $4,000.
    infinitiusa.com mentions a $399/month deal for a lease
    Good luck
    Nope
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    You certainly may, sq1831. And I'll even answer :). Infiniti Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 EX35 Journey AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00123 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi vermin3. Unfortunately, the $4,000 dealer cash that you mentioned is NOT compatible with Infiniti's special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • ex4ex4 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man;
    Do you have the lease rates for:
    09 EX RWD Journey w/premium package
    15k miles
    36 months

Thanks
    C
  • megsie88megsie88 Member Posts: 7
    Hey all,
    Hubby and I own an 08 G37"s" and love it..have had it for a little over a year--bought new. Just had a baby and want a little bigger vehicle for my daily driver--not going to trade in the G, we love it too much, but are interested in this $399/mo lease special that Inifiniti is advertising on the Ex. We're not familiar with lease processes, but from what I have gathered, this seems to be a pretty decent deal. Any room for more negotiations on this, or is it pretty much cut & dry?
    It's 36mo lease, 3699 down, 399/mo, 10,000miles/year, based on MSRP of $40,265.
    (09Ex w/Bose/Nav and Around View Monitoring pckgs)

I'm just completely clueless about leasing, b/c we've never done it before...can anyone explain it to me in simple #'s? Thanks so much!!! :)
    Advertised lease specials are pretty much worthless. They advertise a low payment because you have to put down a huge down payment. It is a horrible idea to put down more than first payment, bank fee, doc fee and TTL on a lease. The down payment in the lease ad doesn't even have doc fee and TTL included, so they want even more down then the $3699 for the $399 payment. On a lease if your credit is good you can put down any amount you want. I leased a G last month and put down $496, or the first months payment.

Leasing is just like buying, you negotiate the selling price of the car, not the payment. Before you jump into a lease you might want to check out a site like Leaseguide.com

BTW the EX really doesn't have much more room than a G.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Here you go, ex4. Infiniti Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 EX RWD Journey with 15,000 miles per year are .00087 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • jenp123jenp123 Member Posts: 39
    Can someone please assist me on crunching numbers on a selling price for $37,500 for 10k miles and a 36 or 39 month lease. I am willing to pay taxes and fees up front- and reducing the cap cost a bit. Can I get different scenarios- I am trying to get payment around $400 but don't think the $4k deal that Infiniti is offering is a good one. Thanks so much!
    Hi jenp123. One needs both a vehicle's MSRP and its selling price to calculate a lease payment on a vehicle. You only provided the latter. Let me know what the MSRP is and I will gladly crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • jenp123jenp123 Member Posts: 39
    Sorry about that- the vehicle's MSRP is 42,700, selling price- 37,500 (I am not sure if that is even a good deal). Instead of 36 and 39 months comparison, can you show 24 and 36 instead?

Thanks so much!
    Don't worry about it, jenp123, it happens all the time. You definitely do not want to lease this vehicle for only 24 months. Infiniti is not providing support on two-year leases any longer.

OK, let's crunch some numbers. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2009 Infiniti EX35 AWD that has an MSRP of $42,700 and a selling price of $37,500 through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $430.

Car_man
    Host
  • digital_bdigital_b Member Posts: 129
    I don't mind doing 36 months for this car but I would DEFINITELY do it for no money down. I have a credit score much higher than infiniti needs for qualifying so is there a real chance this could happen? the dealer I am communicating with is on record as saying they wont be beat on price and acknowledges a deal referred to on edmunds in which the price was reduced by 7000 dollars for this vehicle and it was loaded.
    Digital_b, consumers can always lease any vehicle that they are interested in without paying a capitalized cost reduction, regardless of what their credit score is.

Car_man
    Host
  • dkny330dkny330 Member Posts: 31
    Got a price on a lease for a 2009 EX35 AWD Journey with Bose.Navigation and Around View Monitor. The price was $522 a month with taxes rolled in for 15K miles a year, 39 months and only first payment plus bank fee up front. And they would pay my last 2 payments on my current Infiniti which amounts to $1K. I was told the payment for a 2010 would be $20 higher and they wouldn't be able to take care of payments. I believe the MSRP was somewhere around $40,500 and they were giving it me at invoice, somewhere around $37,580.

So two things? How's the price on the 2009? And is there really much difference in a 2010?