Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti EX35 EX37 Lease Questions

Comments

• dkny330dkny330 Member Posts: 31
    Can this get passed on to customer for a lease or is it only purchase??
  • flashzoomflashzoom Member Posts: 64
    Car man,
    I am looking for a new EX 2010.
    do you have the Residual, MF for 2010 EX Journey AWD w/ prem and navi all around view, with 15k miles per year, for 36 months, and 42 months?

thanks!!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi dkny330. Unfortunately, the $4,000 dealer cash that Infiniti is providing on the 2009 EX35 is not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey flashzoom. Here's the info that you're looking for. Infiniti Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 EX35 Journey AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00191 and 56%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00237 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Car Man,
    thanks for the info!! that helped a lot.
    quick question tho...does the MF, and Residual change every month?
    since the # you gave me are for Oct, would it be different if I guy the car in Dec or Jan 2010?

thanks,

flashzoom
  • digital_bdigital_b Member Posts: 129
    I have been quoted 35593 and 35168 for 72 month purchase prices on 2010 ex 35 journeys, awd, fairly loaded [no tech pkg] . assuming I pay the state tax on the sale up front, what would the monthly payments be using infiniti's 2.9% interest rate. I know I qualify.

thanks in advance.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    $35,593 at 2.9% for 72 months is $539.20/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Digital B,
    which state are you in?
    and quotes you got, does it include navi and all around view camera?
    Massachusetts. yes it includes those items. its a membership offer so its not for everyone.
    thanks. thats LESS than I am paying now for a 48 month lease on my IS 350. yes I look stupid.
  • erik9108erik9108 Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

Can someone please post the money factor and residuals for the 2009 & 2010 base EX and Journey models based on a 36 or 39 month lease @ 10,000/year? My wife and I would qualify for the top tier rate.

Also, can the current $4,000 dealer incentive be applied to a lease to reduce the cap cost? It's not specific in the Edmunds description.

We're getting ready to start negotiating a deal and want to be prepared.

Thank you!
    question has been asked several times including by me. the answer is no and is located in the special offers fine print on infiniti.com
    I'm not surprised that Intiniti would restrict this. However, we're looking at an EX that is not part of the lease promotion that they're currently running. :shades:
    You're very welcome, flashzoom. I'm glad that I was able to help you out. I believe that Infiniti's current lease program is tentatively scheduled to run through the end of the year. Having said this, manufacturers always reserve the right to make unscheduled changes (usually enhancements, but not always) to their programs.

If you post a reminder for me in December or January, I would be happy to fill you in on the details on what this vehicle's programs are like then.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello erik9108. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 EX35 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00155 and 61%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00154 and 60%.

The numbers for a 36 / 10k lease of a '10 EX35 Journey AWD are .00155 and 58%. The 39 / 10k numbers for it are .00154 and 57%.

The numbers for a 36 / 10k lease of a base '09 EX35 AWD are .00103 and 57%. The 39 / 10k numbers for it are .00106 and 56%.

The numbers for a 36 / 10k lease of a '09 Journey EX35 AWD are .00103 and 55%. The 39 / 10k numbers for it are .00106 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,

Thank you very much for the reply. This helps a lot!

Question - are the rates the same for the 2WD version? I'm sorry, I should have been specific in my original post. Also, at this poin we're looking at a Base or Journey 2010 model.

Thanks again,
    Erik
    mass, and yes
    based on the numbers you have posted car_man what should an ex 35 journey awd with nav/bose/avm premium with splash guards be going for for 39 months with 1650 down?

thanks in advance
    No problem, speak. The numbers for the 2WD version of this truck are indeed different. Here they are:

The numbers for a 36 / 10k lease of a base '10 EX35 2WD are .00121 and 59%. The 39 / 10k numbers for it are .00122 and 58%.

The numbers for a 36 / 10k lease of a '10 EX35 Journey 2WD are .00121 and 56%. The 39 / 10k numbers for it are .00122 and 55%.

The numbers for a 36 / 10k lease of a base '09 EX35 AWD are .00087 and 56%. The 39 / 10k numbers for it are .00090 and 55%.

The numbers for a 36 / 10k lease of a '09 Journey EX35 AWD are .00087 and 54%. The 39 / 10k numbers for it are .00090 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey digital. I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the EX that you are interested in for you, but it would be much easier for me to do so if you would provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least the MSRP and invoice price first. You can find that information over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you, Car_man! This is what I needed.

It's a good feeling to be an informed car buyer! :shades:
  • arewayareway Member Posts: 6
    Hi...Can someone tell me the lbest money-factor and residual on an 2010 EX 35 Journey/Tech/Bose/Nav....MSRP 41+k....36 mos/15k....$0down. I'm in the Atlanta area. What kind of discount off the MSRP should I be looking for?
    Thanks.
  • kc9kc9 Member Posts: 4
    I posted this on another thread but it pertains more to this one:

I have a lease offer on a 2010 EX35 AWD Journey. MSRP $43,360
    Selling Price $40,308
    $1000 down
    $531 per month not incl tax.
    15K miles per yr. 39 Mo lease.
    Any chance of getting the sales price down? Suggestions?
  • arewayareway Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car_Man...I'm preparing to negotiate a 2010 EX lease and was planning to go in tomorrow, Black Friday. Would I be better off waiting til Dec? I'm looking at a
    RWD with nav, bose, tech...msrp $41k. What is latest mf and residual for 36 mos/15k? How much are they discounting off the msrp? Is the $2k loyalty program also available on top of the discount? I'm in the atlanta area.
    You're very welcome, erik9108. I'm glad that I was able to help you out.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi areway. Through the end of the year, Infiniti Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 EX35 Journey 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00121 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey areway. Through the end of the year Infiniti Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 EX35 RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00121 and 57%, respectively.

Infiniti is only providing a $500 loyalty discount on leases of this car. This allowance is paid by Infiniti and it should be taken off of whatever selling price you are able to negotiate with your dealer.

Car_man
    Host
  • mftmrtmftmrt Member Posts: 17
    Hi Car_man
    What are the current residuals and MFs for:
    2010 EX35 Journey RWD & AWD fully loaded except for TEC package
    39 months, 10K miles?

Here's what I'm being quoted:
    AWD 57% .00154
    RWD 55% .00122

Can't understand why the MF would differ between the two different versions.
  • rx5zigenrx5zigen Member Posts: 9
    This is a quote I got from a NY dealer, can I get some input if this is a good deal and if the fees are about right or not.
    2010 EX35 AWD Journey Premium Bose Navi Pkg
    39 months 12K miles $430 per month (need to add tax)
    $0 down payment
    $430 1st mo.
    $344 Registration Fee
    $299 Document Fee
    $595 Bank Fee

Thanks All in Advance
  • kc9kc9 Member Posts: 4
    Leased a 2010 EX AWD Journey a few weeks back. Bose,Nave, prem pkg, 18inch wheels, roof rack & crossbar
    MSRP was $43,665.
    15,000 miles per year
    $1000 down which included 1st month fees....
    $549.00 per month which INCLUDES TAX. Phila area.
    Great vehicle. Fun to drive. Went from a BMW 530i.
  • waltazwaltaz Member Posts: 163
    Hey all,

I have an '08 EX35, and my 24-month lease comes up in March. I love the vehicle, and am looking at leasing a 2010 EX. I'll do Journey with Nav, but not the funky technology package.

What are the current incentives, money factors and residuals that Infiniti is offering for Jan on the 2010's? I may do it this month, rather than wait, if I can get a deal.

Thanks much!
    Hi mftmrt. Here's the details of Infiniti's new January lease program for you.

Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 EX35 Journey AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00137 and 60%, respectively.

The numbers for a '10 Journey RWD are .00121 and 56%.

The money factor for the AWD version of this vehicle is worse because its residual values are two points higher than the RWD version's residuals. Higher resids means that Infiniti doesn't have to provide as much money factor support to achieve the target payment that it wants this model to have.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new EX, kc9. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Real world examples like this are always helpful for people who are in the market for similar vehicles.

If you haven't already, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hi waltaz. The EX's lease program varies by trim level, term, and mileage allowance. For now, I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease of a 2010 EX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different.

Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 EX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00137 and 58%, respectively.

The only cash incentive that Infiniti is currently providing on leases of this truck is $500 loyalty cash, that it sounds like you would qualify for.

Car_man
    Host
  • gordongordogordongordo Member Posts: 28
    Even if the advertised cost of a lease stipulates that you will have to put down so much money --- usually with taxes and fees additional --- no leasing company I know of requires you to put down one dollar.

Instead, after you negotiate the sale price of the vehicle --- then consider the residual (60% for an EX-35 2010 10,000 mile vehicle now) and the money factor (interest, found by multiplying by 2400) --- you can decide to roll over all this negotiated price and fees and taxes into monthly payments.

I just did that with the leasing of an EX-35 at a tad above invoice, offered no money whatsoever --- not even first monthly payment---- and signed the lease for 36 months.

Even if you have a trade-in, you do not have to use that money to reduce the monthly payment UNLESS you want to.

I do have a tip: it's worth while to pay the price of wear-and-tear insurance --- which for 36 months and 10,000 miles cost about $830 --- unless you are certain your vehicle will be immaculate when you turn it in.

That insurance covers dings, small dents, and torn leather seats ---- the latter especially vulnerable if you have a dog and let it ride in the car. Otherwise you may face large arbitrary turn-in fees that far exceed the insurance cost. And that cost can also be rolled into the monthly fees. (Whether the insurance cost could be negotiated downward --- probably it could be --- is up to you.. Frankly, I've never understood why people buying a $35,000 - $45,000 or more vehicle fret over two or three hundred dollars . . . must be a matter of gamesmanship.)

Hope these tips help you. By the way, the new EX-35 is a superb vehicle, and my only quibble is that on the worn surfaces of California highways --- even if blacktopped over composite surfaces --- the road noise from the Michelin tires (17 inch) is fairly high.

I had the same trouble with a 2006 Acura MDX with Michelin off-road tires, and switching to Continental tires reduced the road noise by about 30% or so --- noticeably so in any case. That vehicle I bought though. The leased ex-35 is another matter, and I'll wait until 1000 miles or so our on the tires and see whether the new tracking is less noisy. (The ex-35 engine is slightly noisier than the MDX's, but is still decent on that score. And the wind noise is pretty low too, though not the noise from other cars in the lanes near you . . . anyway, as low on that count as I'd like. But all the other qualities of the car are what they have been touted to be . . . so far anyway.)

Michael
    Thanks Car_man...

What are the numbers for a 39-month lease (which they are pushing), and for the RWD version (we don't need AWD here in AZ)? Also, what is the decrease in residual to go with 18K or 20K miles per year?

Thanks again,

Walt
    You're very welcome, Walt.

Ohhhh, why don't you just rub my face in the fact that you don't need AWD in your fancy warm place as I sit here and watch the snow come down out my window :P . I kid, I kid :) .

Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2010 EX35 RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00122 and 55%, respectively.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that IFS publishes residuals for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Good luck and let make sure to let us know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • jonas4jonas4 Member Posts: 17
    Car Man,
    I bought a G37 last month and now the wife is looking at leasing an EX35. The dealer is telling me that the residual on an AWD Journey is 54% (15k, 39mos), claiming it is 4% less than on a non-Journey AWD. Is this correct, or is the dealer trying to recover some profit from the good deal I got last month for the G. Thanks.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    The higher priced journey depreciates more than the base because options like nav really tank at resale.
    BUT, Car Man in post #234 gave the residual for an AWD Journey (39 mos, 10K) at 60%. Going to 15K shouldn't lower the residual 6%.
    Models -awd-rwd-10k miles-15k miles-journey-base- 36 month-39 month -- too much for me to comprehend -- ask car_man. :confuse:
    Hi Jonas4,
    you are incorrect.
    if same car for 39 months @ 10k give you Residual @60%
    then the same car fo 39 months @ 15k will give you a lower Residual < 60%
    if you drive a car for 10k a year, and compare to a care that drives 15k a year, of course the 15k will worth less at the end of the year.
    example 2 used 2008 EX35 fully equip. one has 10k miles on it, and other one has 50k miles on it. which one are you willing to pay more for it?

so the residual rate should be right. if you are not sure if the dealer is lying to you? well go to a 2nd deal see what they offer you. you can't have two dealer lying about the same thing with the exact same residual #, and payment.
  • irepeatirepeat Member Posts: 1
    Any help here will be appreciated.

The lease on my 2006 Infiniti FX 35 is coming to an end this month. I am looking to lease again with Infiniti but I want a lower car payment this time, so I am considering the EX. I would expect I would get a good deal since I would be a repeat lease customer, but I may be wrong.

The car I want is (in Atlanta, GA):
    2010 EX
    RWD
    Premium Package
    Bose w/Nav Package
    Technology Package
    MSRP: $43,395
    39 month lease
    15,000 miles/ year

The dealer is offering:
    .00122 money factor
    50% residual

I read in a previous post that IFS was offering 55% residual in Jan. Is this residual number standard across all states? Is it up to the dealer to decide this number?

I am not sure exactly how much off of the MSRP they are offering, but the latest monthly payment they quoted me was $539/ month including taxes. I was expecting $515/ month including taxes.....was I expecting too much?
  • rcarflrcarfl Member Posts: 2
    I went to a dealer to get pricing on the ex 35 journey with nav package and the salesmen told me inifinity is longer offering lease programs for the 2009 model only for the 2010, which he quoted me at MF 00122 and 53% residual on a msrp of 39485 , which as his calculations, the monthly payment would be 585 plus tax and I would have to put around 1700 for insception ( tag, taxes, fees and first month) I do not understand why they do not want to lease a 2009, is this for real?
    is there a website where I can check if there are stil 2009 lease available? also,
    what is the 2010 correct residual for a jorney rwd, and the MF? for a 36 months with 10k thanks
    Flashzoom,
    I'm not questioning the fact that the residual will be lower with a higher mileage lease. Rather, the degree of change. I have always leased with 15K, and the difference in residual between 12k and 15k (an additional 3K) has been 1% or 2%. Here, for an additional 5K miles, it is a 6% difference. Thus, I was hoping that Car Man, who apparently has access to IFS rates, would confirm the rates. A couple of posts back he was jealous of a warm weather poster from Arizona, so maybe he himself has gone on vacation somewhere warm.
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    15k is the normal lease for IFS, 12k adds 1% and 10k adds 2%. This is probably old news to you by now...but there you go.

If you go over 15k, it is 10 cents per mile to buy up front. :)
    car_man, or whomever, can you post the Feb. leasing numbers from IFS for the EX35 as soon as you know them? I'm looking at a 2010 EX35 Journey, both RWD and AWD, for 15K miles/year and 36 or 39 months. I almost have a deal done, but was unable to close it in Jan, so I need the Feb. numbers.

Thanks!!

Walt
  • aandclawaandclaw Member Posts: 1
    Everyone (including Car_Man), what do you think of this deal:

2010 EX 35 Journey AWD

no options

MSRP of $38,405
    Dealer price of $35,650
    about $1,200 down (including 1st months payment)

39 mos/ 12K miles

payment $449/mo (includes tax)

sound like a good deal?
    Using the 1% rule you got a pretty good deal. 1% of msrp = 384. That is a pretty good payment to shoot for before taxes and fees. Under 1% is a great deal but there are very few of those around. You are probably a bit over and the lease is for 39 months not 36. There might be $500 left in the sales price. There is a poster here that is a sales mgr for a dallas infinity dealer -- wonder what his take on the deal might be?
    Hi jonas4. While dealers are allowed to mark vehicles' money factors up from time to time, they generally are not allowed to alter their residual values. The 54% resid that you were quoted for a 39 month lease of a 2010 EX35 Journey AWD with 15,000 miles per year is correct.

There must have been some sort of miscommunication about the residual for the base AWD though, because it is actually higher, 57%, not lower than the Journey's resid.

Car_man
    Host