Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti EX35 EX37 Lease Questions

Comments

• jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    The 3k is for buying only -- not the lease.
  • britboyinflbritboyinfl Member Posts: 5
    My best deal in Orlando/Tampa, so far is $1,500 down (plus $500 Infiniti loyalty) and 38 x $475 per month, including tax, for an EX35 Journey, RWD, Bose/RearView/Nav, Rails, Splash, Black/Black, 12K per year, 39 months.

When you consider the 'special offer' is $3999 + 38 x $399 for 10K, PLUS. tags, title, tax, fees, etc. for a total of approx. $22,300.

I don't think I can better the deal when it includes 12K miles per annum and only costs me approx. $19,550 ? anyone ?
  • pureriverpureriver Member Posts: 2
    For 2010 EX AWD Journey navi/bose/all view monitor package I was quoted follwing.

10Kmiles/year
    39 months
    $3218 due at signing
    $444 per month.

What do you guys think?
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Way to much due at signing. Roll everything but the first payment into the lease and do it right.
  • coolwolverinecoolwolverine Member Posts: 1
    Is this a good offer ?

10K miles/yr, 39 month lease
    2010 EX AWD Journey, Bose AVM, Navi, Premium ,and 18" Wheels.
    total $1546 due at signing, includes acq. fee, first month payment, tax, title, etc.

$534.39 per month, MI taxes included

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Awesome username coolwolverine :). The easiest way for me to evaluate this deal would be to look at this vehicle's selling price in relation to its full MSRP. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what this EX's MSRP and selling price are and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • khtjjkhtjj Member Posts: 3
    Hello, I just started looking for the EX35.
    I'm currently looking at AWD EX35 Journey MSRP 38625 with selling price 37000.
    $2000 Downpayment and $480 per month for 39 months. 12000 miles / year
    This is non-negotiated deal. How much lower do you guys think I can go down?
    Any comments would be appreciated!
  • khtjjkhtjj Member Posts: 3
    Anyone please see if this deal is good?

I brought it down to
    1000 drive off, $480 per month for 39 months.
    EX35 AWD Journey, no options, 15000 miles per year.

should I pick it up? :confuse:
    Hi khtjj. This offer is obviously better than the previous one. What's the selling price for this one? Let us know and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • smart_cookiesmart_cookie Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    Flew out to Minneapolis from Los Angeles to help my 76 year old mother lease a 2010 EX35 AWD Journey with no navigation or premium package. 10,000 miles per year. There are only 2 Infiniti dealerships in Minneapolis/ St Paul area--one in Golden Valley and the other in Bloomington..
    Leased at Lupient in Golden Valley for $3,000 out the door and 38 payments of $453 Did I get a good deal or should it have been lower?.
    Golden Valley dealership says they also put on wheel locks, sealant on the car and rubber all weather mats for the snow (adds $800 to cost) and Bloomington does none of that. Did I do ok in negotiating?
  • hooch7hooch7 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Carman,

Can you post the current residual and money factor for the 2010 ex35 awd journey for 36 months, 12k and 15k miles.

Thanks so much!
  • carmelbytheseacarmelbythesea Member Posts: 4
    CarMan can you give us the MF and RV on the 2010 EX35 AWD and Journey too for September? Thanks!
  • carmelbytheseacarmelbythesea Member Posts: 4
    Oops, Car man! Sept. RV and MF for 2010 AWD EX35 with and without Journey, 12k and 15k. And any other info.
    Thanks again.
  • mixwellmixwell Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2010
    so, test drove today and was actually very impressed. Fast, smooth, quiet, elegant inside. I'll take it! but first, let me know what you think . . .

EX35 journey AWD
    w/ all the techno goodies
    39 month lease
    MSRP $40,900
    asking $37,000 (roughly --> I don't remember the exact figure)
    12K miles/yr
    residual at 55%
    money rate 4.4%

payments came to about $490/mos

I have a trade in that we agreed on $12,750 (and still owe $1400 that they are including in total). I will roll all this right into the first set of payments and then prorate the remaining payments.

payments now at $280/mos for 39 mos.

seems pretty fair to me. I think the asking price was about $600 over invoice.

any thoughts
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    I would say anything over invoice on this horribly selling car it too much.

You should never put that much money down on a lease. Have them cut you a check for the trade and put it int he bank.

Perfect explanation from leasecompare.com:

Because you pay for the use of a vehicle during a lease, you should put as little money down as possible, up front. Although putting money down can lower your lease payments (by reducing your capitalized cost) in most cases it cannot be regained in the event of early termination due to a loss.

For example, a customer once leased a Toyota 4Runner and put $3,000 down as a cap reduction. Five months later the vehicle was totaled in an accident. The client's insurance paid its portion of the lease payoff and Gap Insurance paid the balance. Our client walked away with only paying his insurance deductible but he did not get reimbursed for his initial down payment of $3,000. It was lost.

The moral of this true story is to put as little money down as possible,ideally no money down. Here are some other things to consider:

- Take the money you would have put down (trade) and invest it
    - Put your down payment (treade) in a savings account and use a portion each month to help make your lease payment
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • gforce11gforce11 Member Posts: 225
    2010 INFINITI EX35 2WD
    36-month | 15k miles | residual 54% | .00084 base money factor

2010 INFINITI EX35 2WD JOURNEY
    36-month | 15k miles | residual 51% | .00084 base money factor

2010 INFINITI EX35 AWD
    36-month | 15k miles | residual 55% | .00119 base money factor

2010 INFINITI EX35 AWD JOURNEY
    36-month | 15k miles | residual 53% | .00119 base money factor

Add 2% to residual for 12k. 3% for 10k miles per year.
  • jenonry2jenonry2 Member Posts: 23
    Is Infiniti offering lease rates on the 2010 EX35 Journey AWD? If so 39 month and what would the residual and money factor be? Additional rebates? Thanks.
    Yes, jenonry2, Infiniti is still providing lease support on the 2010 EX. IFS' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a '10 EX35 Journey AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00087 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Infiniti is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive that is compatible with this special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • pmannymoepmannymoe Member Posts: 24
    Car Man,

I am looking for the residual and money factor numbers on a 2011 EX35 Journey AWD with Touring and Premium (no Tech) for 15,000 miles a year for 36 or 39 months.

I really appreciate your help. Happy Holidays!
    Happy Holidays to you as well, pmannymo.

Infiniti Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 EX35 Journey AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00174 and 57%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00171 ad 55%.

Car_man
    Host
  • chava0121chava0121 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

Can you please help me understand what would be the monthly payment for a 2011 Infiniti EX Journey RWD +Premium package (MSRP $39,925 and Invoice $37,511).

I am looking 15K miles per year 36 Months or 39 Months.

Thank you,
    Harsha
    I'd be happy to help you out, Harsha. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 Infiniti EX35 Journey RWD that has an MSRP of $39,925 and a selling price of $38,011 ($500 over invoice) through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $521.

The payment for an otherwise identical 39 month lease would be around $505.

Car_man
    Host
  • chava0121chava0121 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for responding car_man. I am getting similar numbers form the dealers here in Charlotte. However I feel these lease rates are steep. Are there any promotions on EX right now? I am currently leasing a 2008 G Sedan due to end in Feb. Do you suggest waiting until my lease ends?

Thanks again,
    Harsha.
    You're welcome, chava0121.

Infiniti is currently providing a special financing program consisting of 0.9% financing for up to 3 years, 1.9% for for to five years, and 2.9% for six years or $2,000 dealer cash or the aforementioned lease program on the 2011 EX35.

I personally would wait until February to get something new if I was in your situation.

Car_man
    Host
  • jag777jag777 Member Posts: 2
    Will Infinity negoitiate the buy back at the end of the lease. My last payment is May 20, 2011 and the car will have 47,000 miles at the end of a 39 month lease. The buy back will be $24,500 which I believe will be above market. I understand the manufactures have stopped insuring the residual values.
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    I understand the manufactures have stopped insuring the residual values.

You can give Infiniti a call after they send you the lease end inspection letter (typically 1 1/2 months or so before lease end) but don't have you hope too high.. I leased at least 12 or so vehicles and the only one that lower the residual is Mercedes on an 05 CLK55 (lease ended Jun 08, the worst financial crisis we had for a while). But Infiniti will send you car to auction and you can pay someone (a used car dealer, your infiniti dealer etc.) to follow the auction and bid on the car for you (and you pay some extra to them for their profit). Not sure what you mean by stop insuring the residual value....
  • mickey77mickey77 Member Posts: 10
    Good idea. Thank you.

What I meant by "insuring the residual value" is that I understand up until a few years ago third party insurance co's insured the end of lease term residual value until these insurance costs became prohibative
  • qumequme Member Posts: 1
    Do you expect new incentives in February?
    Any ideas?
    Hi qume. I suspect that Infiniti's February programs will be very similar to its current programs...but there's always a chance that it will change things up a little. If I had to make an educated guess, I would say that the Feb. programs will be at least as good as its current ones. Having said that, it's always difficult to predict exactly what manufacturers will do with their future programs.

Car_man
    Host
  • debtepdebtep Member Posts: 1
    Could someone lend a hand on figuring out monthly payments? I am looking at an EX Journey AWD - MSRP is $41,325. My lease on FX is up this month - I just want to put down fees/taxes and first month. What is the best I can do on a monthly basis - will go 36,39 or 42 - 1,000 miles a month.
  • evguenirevguenir Member Posts: 15
    Car man, could you let me know the residual and money factor on a 2011 EX35 Base AWD for 12,000 miles/year and 36 months? Thank you
    Hi evguenir. Infiniti Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 EX35 Base AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00141 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • kinsalekinsale Member Posts: 33
    Hi Car_man

Can you tell me what the 24 month lease numbers are for 2011 EX35 AWD Journey? 12000 and 15000 miles.

Thanks
    kinsale
    Hi kinsale. Infiniti Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 EX35 AWD Journey with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 65%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I believe that the residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • jonnnydjonnnyd Member Posts: 2
    I just received 3 prices with a Zag guarantee via Consumer Reports on a new 2011 Infiniti EX journey with AWD. MSRP is $39,025. The 3 guaranteed prices from different dealers are $33,116; $33,416 and $33,916. Obviously these are great prices but I'm concerned about dealing with a dealer 150-200 miles away, and getting a good lease deal. I know what I want to pay for a lease and using the Money Factors shown on this blog it looks like I should be able to achieve my goal of under $400/month with no upfront money. Sales tax where is live is 8%. What should I be aware of as these sales people start calling me? Thanks,
  • tpw58tpw58 Member Posts: 5
    I have a new lease on a 2011 infinity EX. I do not like the vehicle, what does it cost to terminate a lease early, in this case real early? Am I locked into the 39 months? Must I keep the vehicle one year?
  • gregdole7gregdole7 Member Posts: 14
    Carman,

Can you please provide the March IFS number for:

Infiniti EX35 Journey

24 month and 36 month

15k per year.

Thanks

Greg
  • momo68momo68 Member Posts: 1
    It would be cheaper to do swap a lease & have someone take over the lease payments. The leasing company would transfer the lease to the person taking over the lease.
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    edited April 2011
    I have a new lease on a 2011 infinity EX. I do not like the vehicle, what does it cost to terminate a lease early, in this case real early? Am I locked into the 39 months? Must I keep the vehicle one year?

I think you have two choices and both of them are going to be costly.

Your first choice is to have someone take over your lease. A couple problems with this approach: 1) Infiniti financial will have to approve the lease transsfer and a lot of time they will make it very hard to do the transfer (the credit rating of the one who take over the lease may need to be better than your etc. etc.). 2) And this one is a killer. Why would someone want to take over your lease and not getting a new one? People who take over lease generally are the type of bargain hunters that looking for a good bargain (otherwise, they may as well go get a new EX themselve and pick their own color and equipment knowing that the car is new).. So either your lease is really good (i.e you negotiated a killer deal and the monthly payment is really low) or you have to make the deal great (i.e. you throw your own incentive money to the pot and make it worthwhile for someone to take it over).. An then there is that little problem of what if the guy default down the line.. Different maufacturer has different rule and you will have to check with Infiniti. Some manufacturer make the first lease holder responsible for any loss while other just write it off... Either way, it can take a while for you to get rid of the car.. Just look at how many cars in site like swapalease is being advertised and how many are successful (some cars has been listed in the site forever...)..

The second choice is to call Infiniti Financial to see what is the payoff amount of the car. Essentially that is the price that they will sell you the car.. Once you find that out, you can find a seller through craigslist etc to see if you can sell the car at least equal or above that price.. Given how new the EX is, you are competiting with the new car dealer, so you will have to make it worthwhile for someone to buy a cars that is driven and in a color/equipment combo that they may or may not like. So you may not be able to sell the EX at the price that Infiniti want to charge you and you will have the bring money to infiniti to terminate the lease.. you can also try to trade in your car when you get a new one or sell your car to infiniti dealer. But the dealer that work with you will go throug the same process (i.e. finding out the payoff amount from Infiniti financial and talk to their used car manager to see if they can offer you that amount. And the car will have to enough of a bargain to worth their while).

Either way, it is going to be quite a bit of work and depending how good a deal you struck when you leased the EX, you may or may not need to come up wth any money.. We did a similar thing with our 08 Lexus LS460 (it has 24K miles on it and the payoff is about 40k) and we sold the car to the highest bidding Lexus dealer (wife called 7 dealers, 3 responded and bid on the car) and we walk off the lease without any additional money. But at the time we lease the car, we got the car 16K below MSRP.
    I'd be happy to help you out Greg. Infiniti Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 EX35 Journey AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00143 and 67%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00168 and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks, your experience and suggestions have been very helpful.
  • velvetsausvelvetsaus Member Posts: 1
    I might be willing to take over the lease if it makes sense, but why don't you like the car?
    You ask why I don't care for the EX35, several reasons but the biggest reason is that I'd prefer to have the FX, and secondly the car I got is not equipped as I would like. The dealer is small and did not have a good selection of cars equipped and in the color I like.
  • mike1213mike1213 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man:

I'm currently negotiating a lease on a 2011 ex35 rwd journey with premium and touring. The car MSRPs at $43,560. I'm looking for a 36month lease with 15,000 miles.

What is the April money factor for top tier credit and residual?

Thanks!
  • bbrainisbbrainis Member Posts: 3
    CarMan: What are the current lease rates for the EX Journey 36month, 15k ?
    Hi mike1213. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 EX35 Journey RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00129 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bbrainis. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
  • curiousgeorgcuriousgeorg Member Posts: 2
    Hello. Thank you for all the insightful information. I am in the market for an Infinity EX RWD. Could you let me know the Infiniti Financial Services June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24, 36 and 39 month lease with 15,000 miles per year? Also what would be a fair selling price? Is $33K reasonable?
    Hi curiousgeorg. Infiniti Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 EX35 RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00115 and 66%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00129 and 56%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00146 and 55%.

If I was in the market for this vehicle right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 to $1,000 over invoice.

Car_man
    Host
  • curiousgeorgcuriousgeorg Member Posts: 2
    Thank you. Could you also tell me your opinion on the best timing of purchase. The dealer is stating that they are not going to be as agressive in July as they are in June. Today being the last day of the month, he wants to close the deal today. Do you agree? Do you expect to see a significant fluctuation in the rv and mf in July versus today? Is July 4th weekend a better time to shop?