Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier BMW X6 Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
edited May 2015 in BMW
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 BMW X6 Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on Edmunds 2015 BMW X6 page.

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• beemerseekerbeemerseeker Member Posts: 11
    Hello,
    I am interested in leasing an X6. Is there any residual or money factor values out there that may be able to help me? Anyone have any deals I can compare?
    Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi beemerseeker. BMW still isn't providing any sort of lease support on the X6. As a result, if you were to lease one through BMW Financial Services right now, you would have to use its standard lease program. BMW FS' buy rate standard lease money factor varies by region, but it should be around .00270.

As usual, this model's residual values vary by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what you need, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. BMW FS' current 36 month, 15k residual value for an '08 X6xDrive35i is 50%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jdl300jdl300 Member Posts: 17
    What is the current residual value for the X6's anyone know?

thx
    Hi jdl300. BMW Financial Services' residual values for the X6 vary by trim level, term, and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what any of these variables are, so for now I will have to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

BMW FS' current residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 X6 35i with 15,000 miles per year is 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • hellagranthellagrant Member Posts: 31
    What have you guys been paying for capitol cost? Or basically the price of the X6.
  • 29202920 Member Posts: 3
    I leased a X6 3,5 last week for 24 month and 12.000 miles.

The residual was 63 and I got the base rate from BMW Financial Services 0.002. I also paid the base fee in acquisition cost (fee for setting up the lease) 725$.

I had to leave one month security deposit to get the base rate, because I am new BMW owner. But you will get the money back at the end of lease.

You can find the monthly rates from BMWFS on bimmerfest.com/forums - ask a dealer.

The dealer tried to add to the fees and rates, but when I told him, that I knew the monthly rates, he caved in.
  • antonjoshantonjosh Member Posts: 1
    Hi carman,

Do you happen to know the residual and mf on a x6 35 for 36 10k and 12k respectively. I went to a dealer yesterday and he said he's offering a fully loaded x6 with msrp of 69000 and invoice of 64500. He went below invoice at 62k which he is claiming but I really have a feeling hes trying to manipulate the numbers. He also integrated the lease of 1750 in the computation. Should i ask for this separately?
    Hi antonjosh. Here's the information that you're looking for. BMW Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 X6 35i with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 59%, respectively. The residual value for a lease of this vehicle with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

As long as the dealer uses the above money factor to calculate your payment and gives you a selling price that you're happy with, there isn't a whole lot that they can do to trick you into paying more than you should for this truck. Let's work up a sample lease payment using the numbers that you mentioned to give you an idea of how much you should be paying.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2009 BMW X6 35i that has an MSRP of $69,000 and a selling price of $62,000 through BMW FS right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $797. This would drop slightly to $780 for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
  • rac10000rac10000 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Car_man,

I was looking over BMW advertised lease deal on the X6 XDrive35i and can not replicate the numbers to arrive at their $609/mth payment.

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/FinancialServices/LeaseOfferDetail.aspx?e- - nc=V+7BXiPGxXkKwyb+LzmAIw==

$609 First months payment
    $4,300 Down payment
    $650 Security Deposit
    $725 Acquisition fee
    $6,284 Cash due at signing

Are they using a money factor of .002 and a residual of 60%?

I assumed that the MSRP and selling price was $58,925.

Thanks,
    Alex
    Hi Alex. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 X6 xDrive35i with 10,000 miles per year are indeed .00200 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car Man,

Thank you for confirming my rates Unfortunately, I still cannot arrive at their $609/mth payment.

Here are my calculations:

MSRP: $58,925.00
    Cap Reduction: $6,050 ($4300 Down payment + $1,750 BMW lease cash)
    Money Factor: 0.0020
    Residual: 60%
    Lease Term: 36

Payment: $663.13
    Residual @ end of lease: $35,355.00 (matches what BMW says in the fine print)

Up Front:

$609 First months payment
    $4,300 Down payment
    $650 Security Deposit
    $725 Acquisition fee
    Taxes (~$2207)
    --------------------------------
    $8,491 Cash due at signing

I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong ... maybe there is something I'm missing?

Thanks again,
    Alex
    You're welcome, Alex. I think that the problem is that you are basing this lease on full MSRP when the advertisement probably assumes that some sort of dealer discount is being provided. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Knock some money off of this car's capitalized cost for a dealer discount and you should be able to arrive at the advertised payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car Man,

Thanks again. If I reduce the selling price to $57,107 (MSRP $58,925) it kicks the payment down to $609. That is a $1,818 discount off MSRP. I wasn't aware that BMW FS could advertise a lease that is not based on the selling price being the same as MSRP. Also, BMW doesn't mention anything about a discount in the fine print. The $1,818 discount is around 40% of the difference between invoice and MSRP on the X6.

-Alex
  • roadking1roadking1 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Carman-
    Looking to lease a 2009 X6 5.0, 72000 msrp, 36 month, 12K per year, minimum down. Can you give me an approx lease rate? Please include residual, money factor, and discount from msrp assumptions. Thank you, bill
    I'd be happy to help you out, roadking1. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 X6 5.0 with 12,000 miles per year are .00175 and 60%, respectively.

I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the X6 right now price-wise, but you might be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for one by stopping by the "BMW X6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion.

Car_man
    Host
  • vwangvwang Member Posts: 1
    What are the November Lease rates for a 2009 X6 5.0? I found a great deal on a 2009, but their lease rates seem higher than what I would expect.

Thanks!!
    Hi vwang. Through the end of the year, BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 X6 5.0 with 15,000 miles per year are .00235 and 58%, respectively.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease this vehicle for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_man,

I have been following the rates pretty closely and I am pretty sure the BMW FS rates for November (and December) for 15k miles/yr are:

XDrive 35i - 57% Residua / MF of 0.00225
    XDrive 35i - 58% Residua / MF of 0.00220
    X6M - 52% Residual / MF of 0.00225

*Also a holiday credit of $2500 on the 35i and 50i.

Do you have different info?

Thanks,
    Alex
    Hi rac10000. Sorry for the delay in my response. I took some time off for the holidays.

BMW just introduced its new January lease program a couple of days ago. Here's an update on the numbers for the vehicles that you mentioned, just in case you're still interested.

BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 X6 35i with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 58%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 X6 M are .00225 and 52%.

The $2,500 Holiday Credit is no longer available.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks, Car_man!

No worries! I hope you enjoyed your holiday. The new numbers don't look too bad. Only a few dollars difference between this month (w/o the holiday credit) and last month (w/ the holiday credit). They really dropped the MF to compensate ...
  • jbihun1jbihun1 Member Posts: 16
    So fellas, tell me if this math is correct:

Assuming a $68,000 price (title, tax and all that in there)

$68,000 * .58 = $39,440 value

68,0000 - 39,440 = $28,560 / 36 = $793

28,560 * .00175 = $49.98

Payment = 793 + 49.98 = $842

Correct?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    1) Residual percentage is multiplied against the MSRP, not actual selling price, etc.

2) (Selling price + residual) X Money Factor = Finance charge (so, you'll find this number quite a bit higher than your calculation)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• roadddog53roadddog53 Member Posts: 7
    My calculations are $1190 per month and change using the residual/money factor/lease term.
  • kkraveckkravec Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know updated residuals and money factor's for the 2011 3.5 model? Thank you in advance.

Based on 12k miles and 36 mo lease
    Hi kkravec. Here's the information that you're looking for. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X6 3.5 with 12,000 mies per year are .00240 and 62%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you Car_man. I appreciate you getting those numbers together for me.
    No problem kkravec.

Car_man
    Host
  • needv8coupeneedv8coupe Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2010
    Hi
    I am new to this post and any help will be highly appreciated.

I am looking to lease a X6 2011, with tech package, premium and cold weather package. I am in washington dc. I talked to couple dealers in area and one agrees to give me invoice price but still making $902 / month payment with 12K miles per year (36 month lease).

he is charging me $1275 delivery charges ( I dont know why)

I told him that I have used online calculators and the payment is low and he is giving me no real answer. I am returning my BMW 335i lease this month, so I guess I get the bmw loyality rates ?? Also he said he is doing 62% residual. In dc you pay 10% every month as a usage tax instead of sales tax. (10% of the payment).

Please let me know whats the residual and MF for 2011 and guide me whats a good payment with 0 down and only first month payment.

One more thing, what the 12K and 15K MF or residual difference please. Any idea if May will get better then april rates?

Thanks alot
    Welcome needv8coupe. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X6 35i with 15,000 miles per year are .00240 and 60%, respectively. If you were to lease this vehicle with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual value would be 2% higher.

I would be happy to use this lease program to work up a sample lease payment on the exact vehicle that you are interested in for you, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price (or at least its MSRP and invoice price) first. These numbers are available over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

It's difficult to say what BMW's May lease program for 2011 models will be like at this point. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say that it will be at least as attractive as its current program, but again it's tough to say for certain.

BMW is only providing the special .00050 money factor reduction for loyal customers on 2010 1-Series and 3-Series models, so that program is not applicable here.

Car_man
    Host
  • needv8coupeneedv8coupe Member Posts: 5
    Thanks alot car_man, I went to local dealers and the best they could come up with is $906/month with 0 down on a 2011 x35i

I might wait and take over someone lease. The msrp for the car I like is $62,205 and the discounted price they gave me is $58450.

Thanks for clearing the loyality program, so basically BMW want to create a loyality plan to the class and not to brand (mean they should do reduction on everything across the board).

thanks
    You're very welcome, needv8coupe.

Car_man
    Host
  • sixthirtysixthirty Member Posts: 1
    Are there any May lease deals on the x6? Does BMW ever have tax credits to give to customers?
    Hi sixthirty. BMW is providing lease support on the 2010 X6 right now. Through June 30th, BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 X6 35i with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • carhawk1carhawk1 Member Posts: 6
    Car_man,

I always appreciate your posts - very informative!

I ordered a 2011 X6 xDrive35i in May - it is being built now. I have locked in a 0.0023 MF (we are putting down the security deposit), but I can float down if the MF's go lower prior to delivery.

Do you have the latest MF rates for June?

We are doing a 36 month, 12,000 mile/yr lease if this makes a difference (we are not an existing BMW customer).
    Generally speaking, is there a consensus about how much a dealer should make on an individual sale or lease of a car. I am trying to be a realist in the fact that the dealerships need to make money but I want to get the best deal I can. I am looking at a 2011 3.5l X6 and have searched invoice prices, MF, and residuals but am stuck with what is fair for me to be discounted and allowing the dealer to be able to sustain itself as a business. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas regarding it? Thank you in advance.
  • garcia82garcia82 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to get a bmw x6 35i, selling price to be $54,000 Invoice looking at 36 months with 10k a year I live in nyc, Just looking to put 5k top. what payment should I be looking at?
  • carhawk1carhawk1 Member Posts: 6
    I'm certainly no professional in that arena, but I typically shoot for invoice whenever I buy or lease. Normally there will be some small additions (at least in my experience), but I walk away feeling satisfied and the dealer seems pleased.

I just picked up a 2011 BMW X6 xDrive35i at invoice plus a small amount for local marketing, fuel/detail fee and floor mats. Hard to justify paying for floor mats and gas for a vehicle in that price range, but overall value seemed great (I canvased multiple dealers, this was my best opportunity).

We LOVE the car - outstanding! No regrets, it is a real blast to drive...and it stands out in the crowd. Pulling out of the dealer lot a gentleman in a Land Rover HSE nearly rear ended the car in front of him staring at our 20" rims...wider than you'll find on a Lambo!
    Thanks carhawk1. BMW Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X6 xDrive35i with 12,000 miles per year are .00210 and 61%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi garcia82. I would be happy to use BMW's actual lease program to work up a sample payment on the X6 that you are interested in. However, in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with both its full MSRP as well.

Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • 9squaregrid9squaregrid Member Posts: 15
    Car_Man-

Do you have the July lease rates and incentives for the X6 yet?

Thanks!
    Kevin
    Anyone who is familiar with BMW Financial Services knows that since the beginning of time it has used a pass / fail system for its lease approval process. Either consumers qualified for its best available rates or they could not lease through BMW FS at all...and your credit had to be pretty messed up for the latter to happen.

Yesterday BMW announced that BMW FS is introducing a tiered system for its lease program. Its rates now vary by credit tier, with the people who have the best credit scores getting slightly better rates than what was available last month and much higher money factors for people with low credit scores.

I should be able to get the full details of this new program some time today. Please feel free to post your questions about it here and I'll gladly fill you in on what I am able to find out.

Car_man
    Host

P.S. Kevin, please post a quick reminder in this discussion for me later on today or some time this weekend and I'll gladly fill you in on what I am able to find out about the July lease program for the X6.
  • 9squaregrid9squaregrid Member Posts: 15
    Thanks for the update Car_man. I look forward to seeing the new X6 rates and residuals.

Do you know if BMW FS will still be allowing MSD's (multiple security deposits) as a way to further reduce the MF? If so, are the reductions the same? (.00007 per additional SD I think)

Thanks,
    Kevin
  • joekojoeko Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2010
    Didn't the July rates already come out? According to BMWUSA.com it states $582 per month 36 months with $4300 down payment for X6 3.5. I am really interested to know what kind of deals people got on the X6 3.5 no one recently posted their lease. Is this because no one is getting this car?

Anyway I am looking to lease the X6 3.5i for 36 months with tech, prem, sport activity, comfort access, and 20" rims upgrade.
    MSRP $65,225
    Invoice: $60,000
    10k per year
    0 down, just fees
    car will be registered in NJ

How likely is it that I can get this car for $730 per month?
    Sorry rate is $589 for 36 months not $582 it was a typo
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please let us know if there are any additional incentives (cash rebates or build-out cash, etc) on the 2011 X6.

Thanks,
    Keith
  • number1leasingnumber1leasing Member Posts: 18
    anything is possible with the right negotiations
    You're welcome 9squaregrid. To the best of my knowledge, BMW is still offering lessees the option of putting down multiple security deposits.

BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor is .00190 on 2011 X6 models for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    edited July 2010
    Hey Car_Man, is the residual still 61% for 10k and MF is .0019 also for 10k? 36 months?

Thanks!
    Hi joeko. BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X6 35i with 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 64%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_Man, I have another question regarding exactly how to calculate total out of pocket.
    First month payment: $765
    Acquisition fee: $725
    Title: $60
    Security Deposit: $800 (dealer said security deposit depends on your lease payments, as my lease payments are closer to $800 so I have to pay $800).
    Total: $2750

Dealer told me total out of pocket is around $3000 and would not disclose exact amount until I came in. Are my calculations correct? Am I missing anything else?

Also, the security deposit I will get back at the end of lease ($800) and will have to pay a $350 disposition fee correct?

Thanks in advance!
This discussion has been closed.