Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier BMW X6 Lease Questions

Comments

• joekojoeko Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2010
    Hey Everyone, just agreed on lease terms for the 2011 X6 35i.
    Premium Package, Tech Package, Sport Activity with 20" upgrade, Comfort Access, heated front seats, and running boards.
    MSRP: $66,025
    Sale Price: $61,000 ($300 under invoice)
    Total Out of Pocket: $3300
    Monthly Payment: $765
    36 months, 10k miles

If anyone needs help finding really aggressive prices let me know I can refer! The best price a dealer made was $799 with the same down and no heated seats or running boards.
  • zeus416zeus416 Member Posts: 11
    Hi Car_Man,

Do you know the July MF & Residuals, for a 2010 X6 ActiveHybrid (10k, 36mo)?

Thanks!!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi zeus416. BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 X6 Hybrid with 10,000 miles per year are .00175 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • zeus416zeus416 Member Posts: 11
    Thanks!!
  • 9squaregrid9squaregrid Member Posts: 15
    Joeko-

Does your payment include tax? What was the breakdown of the $3300 out of pocket?
    9squaregrid, yes the monthly payments include sales tax. Here is the breakdown:
    First Month: $765
    Bank Fee: $725
    Security Deposit: $800
    MV Fee:$340 in NJ
    Lux Tax:$320 in NJ it is .4% of MSRP for any vehicle over $45k sticker
    Third party fee:$350 This fee he charged me as his "document fee" because he works for thrid party leasing company.

Let me know if you want his info.
    Hey Car_Man,
    When the August MF and Residual come out for X6 35i 10k miles 36 months comes out please let me know.

Thanks!
    Car_Man, surely the MF and Residual is out by now for the X6 35i 10k 36 months. Please post the rates when you get a chance.

Thanks!
  • rac10000rac10000 Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2010
    The August rates are identical to the July rates for the 2011 X6. The residual and money factor for 10K miles per year are 64% and 0.0019 respectively.
    Thanks Car_Man! I really appreciate it.
    No problem zeus416.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey joeko. Through September 30th, BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X6 35i with 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 64%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
  • chrisjurchrisjur Member Posts: 12
    Hi Car_man:

Would you mind posting the November rates for the 2011 X6 3.5, 36 months, 15K miles?

Also, I see that BMW FS is now offering a $2500 credit on leases as part of their "holiday special". Would this simply get added to the Cap Cost reduction or is it reflected in some other way.

Thanks, as always, for your help!
    I wouldn't mind at all, chrisjur.

BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X6 3.5 with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Yes, make sure that the dealer uses the $2,500 Holiday Credit as a capitalized cost reduction for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • carr9carr9 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know what's the invoice price for X6 3.5 2011 ???

I'm thinking to get one, is it possible to save some money if I get 2010 right now?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi carr9. Here's a link to the pricing page for the 2011 X6:

Edmunds.com Vehicle Pricing - X6

You can find this model's invoice pricing there.

Car_man
    Host
  • xfloxxflox Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I wanted to know if I was to lease the 2011 x6 50i and trade my car in for the lease and then buy it at the end of the lease, would that be worth it? I know the payment would be lower. Also I believe the msrp price is $67k.

Also do you know if leasing a car comes standard only or with options? what would you suggest? Would it be cheaper to lease than buy or to buy directly?
    thanks
    Hi xflox. Vehicles' residual values, and in turn their end-of-term purchase option prices are based upon a straight percentage of their MSRPs. As a result, the fact that you are trading in your current vehicle actually would not have any impact upon your leased vehicle's eventual purchase price. The capitalized cost reduction that would be provided by your trade would only serve to lower your monthly payment by reducing the amount that you are financing over the length of your lease.

As far as the options go, you can equip a leased vehicle however you like. Keep in mind though that usually only factory-installed options can be fully residualized aka baked into your monthly payment. There's a chance that you would end up paying for the entire cost of any aftermarket options over the length of your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • rsingletonrsingleton Member Posts: 19
    edited February 2011
    about to place an order for x6 with all the packages. I'm torn between a couple things right now

1. Exterior Color - I'm black car type of person, was going to get black. But I really like the Red color. I'm a executive, so a classy look is good, but a bold look could be fun. Most importantly, resell - if i decide resell in a few years, would i have an easier time selling a black or red truck.

2. debating on sport activity package. - for those of you that have, is it worth $1,800 for sport seats and some glossy on the rear windows.. I guess it allows for the premium leather color such as saddle brown which is a nice color. .But I was originally going with oyster and could stick with it. what do you guys think - worth the $1,800?

3. 20" tires. i live in NE. I here 20" is not good at all in snow since they are performance tired not all-season. is it bad recommendation for me to get 20" tires. I think the x6 looks lot better with 20" wheels, but a few people have said they aren't good in snow.

thx
    What dealer was this. best deal I was able to get is $1,000 over invoice so far in NJ.
  • jackalsjackals Member Posts: 38
    Anyone know what the curret MF is for loyal customers and the residual for 10K/36 months?

I just got my first quote in NJ at 2275 OVER invoice. Lots of negotiating left to do.

Also, any news on the 2012s?
    2 weeks ago i was ordering a 2011 i got $500 over invoice. but they couldn't process order b/c the manufacturing facility is switching over for the 2012 models not taking any more builds for 2011. i was told they would honor the same $500 over invoice for the 2012. i wasn't given a estimate on when pricing and availability would be, but heard it might be around beginning of march
  • jackalsjackals Member Posts: 38
    Here's what I found out today:

Ownership Loyalty currently has a money factor of .00145
    current residual percentage for 10k per year is 60%

with 7 Multiple Security Deposits you can reduce the MF to .00096

2012 pricing is expected the end of this week or early next week.

So basically if you have an MSRP around 67K, and you can get a price close to invoice, you can get a lease payment under $700 for Acquisition, docs, registration, tax, 1st month payment, and MSDs upfront. Now that will still add up to around $10K but it will mostly be security deposits.
  • zheckszhecks Member Posts: 50
    Car_Man,

do you have the MF and residual % for the 2011 X6M and X5M (3 yrs, 10K/yr) ? would like to know if there is a difference before deciding on how car to get.

thanks...Zhecks
    I would also like to see the MF and rates for 2012 X6 3.5 my dealer said .002 and 58%, 60% 15/12
    I certainly do zhecks. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X6 M with 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 X5 M are .00185 and 54%, respectively.

The money factors for loyal customers are .00030 lower.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey rsingleton. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X6 3.5 with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

The money factor for loyal customers is .00030 lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • likecarzlikecarz Member Posts: 2
    Hi....I have a 2012 X6 5.0 coming in next week...leasing. Would you please tell me what the money factor and residuals are for 12k miles? My dealer says .0019 and 59% for 12k, 57% for 15k. I am a loyal BMW customer. Can you confirm?

Thanks,
    likecarz
  • hypnoticshypnotics Member Posts: 69
    Car_Man,

Could you possibly elaborate on the 0.0003 MF reduction for loyal customers?

Thanks in advance!
  • likecarzlikecarz Member Posts: 2
    The loyalty lease rate reduction is available to BMW returning lease customers who have an existing lease or finance with BMW and have good credit ratings. The dealer will typically not offer it you need to ask. I just did and saved .003 on my rate.
    BMW FS' buy rate lease money factor for the 2012 X6 5.0 is .00180 for non-returning and .00030 lower for returning customers.

The residual values that were quoted are correct.

Car_man
    Host
    Hypnotics, BMW's money factors for current BMW owners and lessees are .00030 lower than they are for new customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • hlechlec Member Posts: 1
    Last week, dealer offered me lease with MF of .00220 on 2012 BMW X6 5.0 non-returning customer. 36 months lease.

Is the .00180 still available? Does it vary from dealer to dealer?
    Hi hlec. BMW's lease program is national, so the money factors shouldn't vary from dealer to dealer. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate for this vehicle is .00185 for non-loyal and .00155 for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • tomdadouriantomdadourian Member Posts: 1
    2012 X6 5.0 36/10K
    For a "build your own" I was just quoted .00185 MF, 60% residual and $1500-2000 off MSRP...

How does this sound? Should I be asking for more off sticker? Am I eligible to "buy down" my MF with multiple security deposits?

Thank you in advance
    Hi tomdadourian. The money factor that you were quoted is too high. BMW FS' current buy rate for this model is only .00145 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers. This factor drops by .00030 for loyal customers.

You can buy this money factor down by making additional security deposits if you want. Each additional deposit will lower the money factor by .00007.

Car_man
    Host
  • magicneedlemagicneedle Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am planing to lease 2012 X5 35i MSRP $63925. Dealer offered $2500 off MSRP, MF 0.00126, 15k/36 months, $5000 down, $5500 security deposit. Is this a good deal?

Thanks!
  • pchera01pchera01 Member Posts: 8
    Hello Car_Man,

I got quote from 2 different dealers

Sticker $73125.00
    Discount -$3000.00
    Adj Sale $70125.00
    Doc $199.5
    Total $70324.5
    MF 0.00225

Monthly $1057.07

the second offer

Sticker $73125.00
    Discount -$2942.00
    Doc $189.00
    Process $169.00
    Total $70541.00 (no MF given)

Monthly $1026.00

both i pay tag+title+first payment

what do u think, is there more room negotiation?
    Hi pchera01. The dealer is definitely marking up the money factor on the first deal. BMW FS' current buy rate is .00195 for regular and .00165 for loyal customers.

I'm not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the X6 right now, but I think that a $3,000 discount is reasonable.

Car_man
    Host
  • ZoneMobJZoneMobJ Member Posts: 17
    Hi Carman - this is the deal I am getting -
    2012 X6 35
    36 month lease
    MF .00185
    Residual 60%
    MSRP 70,825
    CAP Cost 64,975
    Bank Fee? 725 - what is this?
    Prior Lease balance added (Returning old bimmer with 2 months left) 1250
    Total adjusted cap is 66,125
    Payment with 2500 down is 857.33?

what do you think?
  • ltyentaltyenta Member Posts: 60
    Hi Car_man,
    I am a loyal BMW customer my current leased 335 has been totaled and I am looking at my options for a new car/SUV. I am looking at the X6 both the 35i and 50i the X3 and X5 models. Can you provide the current lease rate info for all the above and when they expire? If you have the 335xi I'd take those as well for comparison to the Audi S5 (would need those as well) I know I'm all over the place just haven't narrowed it down to what I'd like to get. Wasn't expecting the unforeseen to happen as you can imagine.
    Thanks for your time.
    Jennifer (ltyenta)
    Hi ZoneMobJ. The money factor and selling price that you were quoted look good. BMW Financial Services charges a $725 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Sorry to hear about your accident, Jennifer. I hope that everyone's OK. Here's the information that you're looking for. Through October 31st, BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 X6 35i with 15,0000 miles per year are .00195 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 X6 50i are .00195 and 61%.

The numbers for a '12 X3 35i are .00195 and 55%.

The numbers for the '12 X5 35i Premium are .00195 and 56%.

The numbers for an '11 335xi are .00185 and 58%.

The money factors would be .00030 lower for a loyal customer like yourself.

Car_man
    Host
  • ltyentaltyenta Member Posts: 60
    Car_man,
    Thanks so much for the quick response. Everyone was ok except the car :(
    Quick question though, I was reading prior messages regarding the x5 having a nav credit of 1730 as well as 1000 loyalty credit. Does that expire Sept 30? Does the x6 have any incentives?
    Thanks!
    You're welcome ltyenta. I'm glad that everyone was OK. The option credit and loyalty cash that are available on the 2012 X5 35i are also available on the X6 35i. They are good through at least the end of October.

Car_man
    Host
  • droeper1droeper1 Member Posts: 3
    Dear Car Man...
    Do you have the current buy rate money factors on the 2012 x6 with residuals for 24 and 36 months leases of 12 and 15K miles? So greatly appreciate your help!
    I certainly do droeper1. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 X6 35i with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00195 and 56%.

The money factor for loyal customers would be .00030 lower.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year the residual values would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • beemerseekerbeemerseeker Member Posts: 11
    Hello,
    How did this deal end up? Thanks for sharing. Did that deal include taxes and tags?
  • macd1995macd1995 Member Posts: 6
    The best offer I have is 2,930 off of the MSRP on BMW site.
    64% Residual
    Monthly Payment is $1,061.50
    I was told that the MF was 1.9, but I calculated a payment of $1,093.50 with that MF.
    I backed into a MF of 1.65 with the $1,061.5 payment-- unless I missed something.

Car man, how does this deal sound? I did a ED in 2008, so I just paid $500 over invoice. This is my first purchase from a dealer. I got some advice that I should go to a leasing company which would get me an even better price. Any thoughts/ experience with that scenario?

Thanks!
    Dale
    Hi Dale. I'm going to be honest with you, the X6 is not exactly a high-volume vehicle, so I'm really not all that familiar with what the market is like for it right now. If I was interested in one in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $1,000 or so over invoice and see what happens.

I doubt that you will be able to do any better through a broker than you would be able to do on your own with a little shopping around.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.