Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 Infiniti M35/M45

walt18walt18 Member Posts: 54
HI, I'm new here and I am going to be purchasing a brand new M45 but I want to know, does anyone know what updates will be made for the 2009 M45 and when it will possible go on sale. I have been hearing so many complaints about the gas mileage, and Bose 14 speaker sound system being sorry, how are the rear reclined seats cause I am planning on getting the premium package with RWD. But if they are going to be making changes again for 09" I will wait for that model. I just wish they would make the body kit again and make it a option for the premium to. Thanks for the input God bless.

Comments

• bw45sportbw45sport Member Posts: 151
    Hi Walt:

I'll throw in my 2 cents for you. First, regarding gas mileage, my opinion is that people are making a bigger deal of this than it merits. While Infiniti is on the bottom end mileage wise, if you compare vehicles with similar engines the difference is not as great as some would have you believe. Referencing a post in another area I had previously made .............

Look at the new EPA yearly fuel costs for the cars in the class (15k miles/yr at $3.49/gal) with a 55/45 city/hwy split):

Infiniti M45 ($2911) BMW550 ($2911) Audi A6(4.2) ($2911) M-B E550 ($3078) and Lexus GS460 ($2618)

Infiniti M35 ($2754) BMW535 ($2618) AudiA6 ($2492) M-B E350 ($2754) LexGS350 ($2382) and Cadillac CTS ($2445)

Secondly, the Bose surround sounds perfectly fine with high quality input. My only complaint is that it requires greater volume with lesser quality source material to come close to producing all of the music that the source contains. You should judge this item yourself because this is a very subjective area. Keep in mind also that Bose is a very popular whipping boy for audiophiles. Many times it is deserved but the enmity with which it is delivered causes me to question the objectivity of the reviewer.

Finally, the owner of my local dealership has indicated that the 2009 M's will not be arriving until the fall. This is a couple months later than the previous years M's have hit the lots. Speculation is that the delay is due to the introduction of Infiniti's new 7 speed transmission (scheduled first for the 2009 FX) into the 2009 M. There has also been speculation that the new 5 liter V8 to be introduced in the 2009 FX will also make its way into the 2009 M causing a change in nomenclature from M45 to M50. Neither of these changes has been confirmed to the dealers by Infiniti yet but it would seem a good guess based on the later debut of the 2009 model.

Hope this information is useful to you and I hope that you enjoy your new M as much as I have enjoyed mine the past three years.
  • walt18walt18 Member Posts: 54
    Thank you, It would be nice to see them upgrade the engine and transmission, and I totally agree with you about the gas mileage,I am not to big of a fan on lot's of bass, I just hope that it has more than my gas saver car which is a 06" Hynudai accent. Yes I will enjoy it, I think I'm going to wait till they dropped the M50 cause I know they will improve on things they did wrong on the 08" M45. But of course I will surely enjoy it when I get it. I just wish it was september already lol!
  • dhellerdheller Member Posts: 28
    I'll have to respectully disagree with the previous post, particularly regarding the audio quality of the premium sound (14 speaker) system. I find it mediocre, at best. There is no bass to speak of, and the CenterPoint option completly destroys the sound stage. For the premium dollars, this surely is not a premium system. Listen to the Lexus, or the BMW and compare.

I'm now looking to add a multi-channel amplifier and better speakers (at least in the doors) to try to get better fidelity.

Good Luck...
    Thank you for your input, I do have two questions, is that system made for accousite listening or just basic listening. I would hate to spend that extra money on a sound system that I will be replacing with some after market speakers and ampilfer, which I would more than likely choose infinity door speakers and there ampilfer which I think was a great system that was in a 2001 diamante I had 4 years ago.
    Also is the car real noisey when driving ex. can you hear the road while you are driving cause I had a 2003 nissan Maxima and it had a horrible sound system with no bass what so ever and I would have to turn that sorry radio all the way up just to hear the music over the road noise. God bless.
  • tegmicrotegmicro Member Posts: 1
    when you can purchase more then $50K car why you think about 5 cents gas price

:mad:
    I'm not the only one that asked about this issue, and also the way gas prices are now most people will be trading in cars like this for one's that are better on gas reguardless of how much money you have or spend on the car. My responds was made based on the reviews I have read on this car. I hope they will add the new engine and transmission to help better the gas mileage and problem with the 5th gear rpm, that everyone has been talking about. But when I called the infiniti dealership here in Raleigh NC.(Crossroads Infiniti) and asked about the updates for the 2009 M45 the guy I talked to said the only thing they may change is adding some more colors, but he sounded like he had no clue about what he was talking about. He said the car will be coming out in september. My thing is I have heard a few things that are not good about the 2008 M45 that I hope they will fix for this years 2009 model because I hate to waste 60K for the premuim and then be disappointed, having the same problems everyone else is having for a car that cost that much. But regaurdless or not I will be buying it cause it is the best out of all the others in it's class except for performance. But if that new engine and transmission they have in the 2009 fx50 is put in the M45 (which would end up being called the M50) they would be the top dogs hands down. It already beats out the lexus LS460 in technology and styling just a little smaller body and less powerful engine, and the LS has a killer sound system but other than that the M is a way better deal for the money compared to there flagship LS which cost 71K. Compare the M45 vs LS460, M45 vs 7series, way better car for the money to me.
    God bless
  • bloomerbloomer Member Posts: 2
    What are the few things not good about the 2008 M45? I've read about the noise level, the audio system, the headlights and the gas mileage? Anything else I should be aware of?

I'm was planning to sell my 2002 I35 & get an M45X. What's everyone's perspective on whether I should buy the 2008 in June or wait until September for the 2009? With the cost of steel and other raw materials going up so much, I'm assuming the price on the '09's will go up a fair bit.

Any other news re: changes for the '09 model year? I read the postings above.

Thanks much for your comments.
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    You should be aware that when you are moving, the navigation/computer system functions are significantly reduced. Lexus also does this.....they claim it's a "safety feature"....but it is a pain when you are looking for a restaurant on the interstate and you can only see the first page of restaurants because they won't let you go to page 2 or more....and so on. You can't program the nav using the screen if you are moving...so your passenger can't help...you have to use voice.

You should also be aware that many report that the bluetooth system is not great...depending on the phone you have. echos, hard to hear, hard for the person at the other end to hear.
    Well you have pick the right car but getting the all-wheel drive will kill your gas mileage. I suggest that if you don't really need the all-wheel drive don't buy it. Now waiting until September would be a better choice because they may have made some changes. But when my salesman called me the other day about when I was going to buy my M45 I told him I was going to wait until september when the new one comes out. I asked him was there going to be any changes made, like putting the new engine and transmission that they have in the 2009 fX50 into it and he said no because they just did changes to it for 2008. But he was really not sure but it's still is a little to soon to tell what will be done maybe next month there will be some news out about it for the 2009 M45. I'll keep you posted if I found out anything new. God bless.
  • bloomerbloomer Member Posts: 2
    Thanks very much for your response. Living in Northeast Ohio weather, I plan to get the AWD. If I hear anything, I'll also pass it on.
    Ok wish you the best. God bless
  • 150mphclub150mphclub Member Posts: 316
    Lexus V8 gets way better mileage than Infiniti V8. It even gets better mileage than the Infiniti V6. Could it be the Lexus 8 speed auto, compared to Infiniti's lame 5 speed? The M desperately needs a new transmission.
    Lexus V8 gets way better mileage than Infiniti V8

EPA Ratings

Lexus GS460 - 16 city 23 highway

Infiniti M45 - 16 city 21 highway

Way better?
    Yeah I have been saying they need to upgrade there transmission that would help and with the horsepower it puts out it will make it get way better gas mileage than the lexus V-8. I'm still waiting to see if they are going to throw the new 7 speed transmission from the 2009 fx50 into the M45 and maybe the new 5.0L engine to that is producing 390HP.
    EPA Ratings

Lexus LS460 - 16 city 24 highway

Infiniti M45 - 16 city 21 highway

Infiniti M35 - 16 city 23 highway

Way better? I do most of my driving on the highway, so 14% highway mileage is way better.
  • arnold14arnold14 Member Posts: 22
    The M35 is rated at 18-25 mpg and that's what I'm getting with mine.
    Those numbers sound more like what it should be. Also people have to take into consideration how others drive, some people have a heavier foot than others, and then when you stay in a city where there is a stop light every 1/4 mile it kills the gas mileage even more.
    I don't know what your actual mileage is, but 16/23 is the EPA's number. (http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/findacar.htm)
  • art234art234 Member Posts: 99
    The new 7 speed trans MIGHT help, although not by much. In the FX, I believe the new Fuel Economy rating for 2009 is 16/22, which I think is a significant improvement. If added to the M, I believe it might help by getting the RPMS in top gear down at least 400-500 RPM.

The Motor Trend road test of the new FX said 1960 RPM at 60 MPH, which is better than the 2400 currently with the 5 speed.

Absent such improvement, I do not think my next vehicle will be an Infiniti once my current lease is up.
  • ewl88ewl88 Member Posts: 76
    I have a 2006 M35X and my lease is up in Aug. Just spoke with a sales guy at Infiniti (Circle in NJ). According to him, no signicant changes to the M35 in 2009. Engine/? transmission changes at least for M35x is planned for 2010. (I didn't ask him about M45)
    I have looked around. I might actually go for the G35x. Its interior is almost as nice as the M, it's faster, slightly better MPG, sportier feel and slightly cheaper. I never needed the M's size but the last generation G35 had a cheap feeling interior so I went up to the M. This generations G's interior is much better. I seldom have passengers so the size factor isn't a big deal. A shame 2009 M won't have any significant improvement.
    My M35 lease is up in June. I've been out (early) figuring out what I want to replace it with. I've driven and gotten prices on 335/535, ES350/RX350/GS350, C300/c350/e320/E350, A4/A6, Murano, XF and CTS and M35,G35,EX35.....and I've looked at the Acura's/Saabs and Volvos. That's quite a gamut of cars. I have had 2 year lease offers ranging from $484/mo to $885/mo....(no money down)...the only car with no discount and lousy lease was the XF...darn!.

Cutting to the chase....I'm down to either leasing another M35 or purchasing a 2009 C350. If I were going to buy an SUV, I'd buy the RX350, lease would be an EX.

BMW's are just overpriced since I live in florida with no hills and no curves. ES350 drives just like a toyota, just quieter. CTS has a very short seat...uncomfortable. GX350..nice car, terrible resale/lease. XF...just beautiful but no deals. E320/350 no voice navigation; audi's just don't excite me. Highest lease price was Murano...go figure...I could drive a 535i for less. Lowest price was the G35...really responsive but seemed like a Maxima/Altima...I don't like when the entire dash moves when you raise/lower the wheel...creates bad reflections on the windshield.

The most impressive cars were the EX which I liked much more than the G35...even though it's slightly less responsive...much nicer interior and great ride...just small. C350 was a great surprise...not the best interior, but fun and better nav than even the M35...purchase price less than M35/lease not as good. But after every test drive, I got back in my M35 and realized that it's really a very spacious, comfortable driving machine....but with less pep than I'd like.
    Way better? I do most of my driving on the highway, so 14% highway mileage is way better.

Comparing Infiniti M45 to GS460 (15k/yr, 90% Highway, $4.00/gallon)

Infiniti M45 Annual Cost for fuel - $2,857
    Lexus GS460 Annual Cost for fuel - $2,609

$148 dollars per year on a $55,000 car. Again I ask, way better?
    You seem to think I am quibbling about the cost of filling the gas tank. I am talking about engineering a better car. Nissan has a 7 speed auto and a CVT, both of which would provide better economy and performance for the M, but they are determined to stick with the 5 speed. I guess to save a few bucks on a $55,000 car.
    No, I respect your opinion totally. And I also agree that they should make a better car as far as transmssion and gas mileage wise. Now my opinion about which transmission they should use is going to be the 7 speed because a CVT is a horrible transmission that seems to never find the right gears at the right time and I just hate how they would bring something out like that which may help the gas mileage but takes away from the enjoyment and pleasure of driving. With the economy the way it is everybody in the car industry are trying every way they can to make a good car for less but still fail in terms of quality or reliability. And for $55000 plus for the premuim package I am ordering for 2009 M45 Black/Black I pray that something has change even if it is just the lights being more visible at night for driving or something that would be a benefit not just adding some stupid new colors.
    You seem to think I am quibbling about the cost of filling the gas tank. I am talking about engineering a better car.

Actually I'm not trying to be disagreeable. The only reason I have responded is the use of terminology. I think it is unfair to leave potential buyers of these brands with the impression that one product is "way better" in any area when the facts do not bear it out.

A common theme on these boards is the bemoaning of Infiniti's poor gas mileage. Unfortunately, some of the complaints about the brand's poor performance come from members who were considering purchasing an Infiniti and had no real world or third-party test numbers on which to base their complaint (e.g. - "I was considering an Infiniti xxxx but I've read that the gas mileage is so terrible).

Their impression appears to be based primarily on entries to forums such as these. Because of that, I simply want to provide information to the other forum members that may help in their decision making. Others can look at test data compiled by an independent third-party (the EPA's methodology certainly could be the subject of another discussion) such as that which I posted, and decide whether one engine is "way better" than another as it relates to gas mileage.

Do I think that Infiniti can do things to improve gas mileage in their cars? Absolutely!

Were cost considerations a factor in their decision to continue the use of a 5 speed transmission? Most likely but I think they put a tremendous amount of content in the M for $55,000 so I don't feel that I've been delivered a product that suffers from inadequate engineering.

If you read earlier in this thread you will note that I firmly believe that the 7 speed is likely to end up in the 2009 M. While no one can confirm it yet, when I questioned the owner of the local Infiniti dealership about the possibility of the 7 speed showing up in the M, he agreed that it would be a reasonable scenario as to why the M will be showing up on dealer lots later than previous years. I would think that the current engine mated to a 7 speed would likely deliver highway numbers that would look like the top performers in this class.

One last comment on the engineering of the car. There was a forum member who felt compelled to purchase an M35x when it debuted although he had his heart set on an Audi A6. The magazine reviews and comments from early drivers made the car seem like by far the best choice. After driving the M for a couple months he began to express buyer's remorse and complained about the poor gas mileage of the M and how he wished he had purchased the A6. When I provided him the projected annual fuel expenditures (using MPG differences even greater than the EPA numbers) for the M35x and A6 he conceded that the cost difference was negligible. He then relayed a different concern.

He felt as though the Infiniti was inferior engineering-wise to the Audi because Infiniti continued to use the VQ35 engine in the M while the Audi had a more recently developed engine. He felt, for the money, that Infiniti should provide a newer engine. While it's true that the VQ35 is mostly the same engine developed twelve years ago, I think it is often lost on people that this engine has appeared on Ward's list of 10 Best Engines every year it has been produced. Rather than being a sign that Infiniti is just trying to get by I think this is an example of a pretty amazing engineering and production feat. How many products first produced twelve years ago would continue to make anybody's list of the 10 best today?

While I've been very happy with my Infiniti experience and think that they've made an amazing recovery from the brink of bankruptcy to now attempt to compete with storied marques, I'm not posting to persuade others to change their minds or brands. I'm just attempting to provide a fair view of Infiniti's product. With all the wonderful cars in this segment, it would be difficult for anyone to make a bad choice.
    I understand and agree with you totally on everything. I plan on buying a 2009 M45 premium package RWD Black/Black with chrome 18" wheels which I am going to upgrade to 20" chrome wheels once the tires wear down. I just heard people talk about different things that happened to there M45 and that made me start this forum about 2009 Infiniti M45 updates? to see if anyone knew what changes were being made because of what the complaints were. And I am hoping they fix those problems which aren't much. Also from hearing people complain about the gas mileage with the 5 speed transmission and, wanting a 7speed transmission that was another issue, also the headlights not giving off real good visibility at night, one person said if it rains at night they could not drive faster than like 35mph. But after doing comparisons on audi,bmw,cady,lexus, and mb the M45 beats them in everyway except for size,hp,and gas mileage and the sound system which to me being a music producer I listen to enuff loud music now will be just fine and if I have to upgrade the speakers thats no problem. But for the money no one can go wrong cause you get more technology and options in the M45 than you would in any of those other car makers. All you have to do is compare the M to there competition at infiniti.com and to the flagship high dollar car in those other car markers and you will see the M only looses in size,hp,gas mileage and, sound systems. Now imagine if they put the 5.0L from the 2009 FX50 which puts out 390HP into the M45 with a 7 speed transmission and better gearing they would be the top dogs and everyone would buy from them at least I think so. And improve the gas mileage 21city/26highway it just takes fixing the gearing.
    Has anyone heard anything yet on the 2009 M's?
    I would like to start a rumor! If I were Nissan/Infiniti looking at sales of M's, gas prices and such....I would not bring out a 2009 model at all. I would bring out the 2010 M37/M50 with 7 speed in Jan/Feb 2009....and I would continue to focus on G35/EX 4wd sales. You wouldn't believe the number of G35x's that are running around Fairfield county Ct...and how many fewer of the previous yuppie car, the BMW 325/335ix's there are.

The reason I say this is that there is little that Inifiniti can/will change given a complete redesign for 2010. Some think that the 37/50 engines will find their way into the 09's...with/without CVT 7 speed...but I think it's unlikely that Infiniti will do the tooling to do this given their investment in the 2010 car.

It is possible that they will bring out a 2009.....with no changes at all....just so they have a newer car to sell with better leasing rates because it's an "09" car.

Let's see if I'm right.....
    I hear you, what I don't get is why did they make changes to the 08 if they plan on doing more to it for 2010 that seems like a waste of extra money they could have saved to do something better for 2010. I was reading on the web last night that they are bring a new Q45 out in 2009 with the new engine and transmisson from the 2009 fx50. Maybe you are right we will have to wait and see when it hits the market.
  • barryendbarryend Member Posts: 121
    I find it hard to believe the 7-speed won't be on the 2009. It is on the 2009 FX's which debut the end of June. Dealer's salesmen are full of bull. They only want to sell what they have now! Once your are out the front door their commission goes out too.

My 2006 M36 lease is up in January. I may call Infiniti and ask if they would give me a lease extension at a reduced rental or they can stick themselves with a gas hog that is worth little at auction. I am under mileage so it really make sense.

In 2000 I rented a diesel Passat in Italy and drove all over at 40+ mpg. Why haven't we rolled out clean diesel here? Coming a a few years I believe. VW in 2009. Even at $5.50 a gallon they make sense.

Hybrids are stupid waste of energy and money. Appeal to dimwit trendy Greenies who don't know a screwdriver from a wrench. They do save money doing downhill and idling. So does turning off the engine, putting the car in neutral or turning off the a/c when driving uphill.
    Why not get an M45? Mileage my not be that bad if they offer the 7-speed. Take a 2-year lease and then go diesel. It may be the last big gas car you will ever have.

After that hope for hydrogen.

Gas prices may come down short term due to speculators getting squeezed out and Iran sitting on so much low grade crude. Long term price is up up and away.
    Ok here's the info, I called infiniti consumer affairs today and talked to someone about the 09 M35/M45 and I was told that they don't know what to expect for the 09 M he said they will know the same time we will which he said there maybe some news about it later in August because the car will be out around late Octomber or November. He said there are rumors about the new engine from the fx 50 being put in and the 7 speed transmission but they have not heard it from the top people at infiniti yet so they don't want to start a rumor and it not be true. He gave me this web site that will give you some useful info about the M and whatever else you need the web site is www.nissannews.org they have everything up there even the new nissan luxury car that is coming out this year called a teamna (I might have spelled it wrong) which I think is going to be the 2009 Q45 that they are suppose to bring back in 2009 from sources that posted it on the web. Basically if you want to see what car infiniti will be bring out all you have to do is look at the japeneese version nissan cars and you will surely find out. I think the new Q is not that attractive if they are going to use that car for it. Check it out for yourself and let us know your thoughts on the car.
  • mkaplan1mkaplan1 Member Posts: 2
    Just traded in 2006 M for a 2008M The older car allowed me to tune individual radio stations by voice command like 95.5FM, the new only tunes from AM to FM to Sat but not the station itself. Am I doing something wrong or has the new system lost functionality. Only had the car 2 days
    Am I doing something wrong or has the new system lost functionality.

You're not doing anything wrong. The system HAS lost functionality.

If you'd like to understand why, simply read some of the posts from the very early release of the M. There are many who complained because the voice recognition wasn't perfect (e.g. - it doesn't understand me when I say home, it can't tell the difference between oh and zero, etc.).

While I can appreciate that some may have been aggravated by the lack of perfection I also understood the difficulties of implementing voice recognition. In my opinion, the voice recognition system of the 06 M was remarkable. Was it perfect? No, but it was better than any consumer voice recognition system I'd seen. If you took the time to learn the commands you could do nearly everything you'd want to do without removing a hand from the steering wheel.

Alas, lack of satisfaction from a few has led to loss of functionality for all. All, except for those in Canada who must have been more understanding. Canada, along with the newer markets Infiniti is entering, still receives a voice recognition system similar to the one 2006/7 M owners knew. I, for one, am very sad for the loss.
  • sonicboom188sonicboom188 Member Posts: 1
    Sorry, the Teanna is the Maxima over there. They have the better Maxima.. :( . In Japan, they are still selling the Q45 called the Cima and upper class version called the President.
  • ltcadviserltcadviser Member Posts: 38
    seems to be a lot of criticism of the 14 speaker system. I have a 2006 M35 with the upgraded stereo. My lease is up. was going to release an M35, but am finding trouble finding advanced tech M's. Dealers just don't order them. If the 14 speaker system is disappointing, how bad is the 8 speaker system. If I understand everybody, It's not worth buying the Advanced Technology package for $2000++. Is this what people feel?

Also, my lease is up in July, bbut I received an extension until october. Should I exercise the extension and lease an 09, or release an 08 in July?

Lastly, the 08 M's hit the lot in late october, early november last year, so this year is no later than usual.
    Maybe waiting for the 09 is the best choice being that they may make some improvements over the 08 and I am sure they will.
    How bad is the 14 speaker system what is the problem with it. Is there to much bass or not enough?
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    My guess is that it probably doesn't sound better enough over the 8-speaker system to warrant the price. Most times these bajillion speaker systems are self defeating.

Or it could just be that the 8-speaker system sounds "good enough." In all honesty, who's in their car long enough for the sound quality to really matter that much? Personally, I'd take the sound of a well tuned exhaust system over any stereo any day of the week. :blush:
    I have a 2006 M35X with 14 speakers. I did not order it but the dealer had a car with it and gave me it at the same price. I does lack base and the DVD never seems to work right. I bought one or two 5.1 DVD audios and it was very good sound. DVD audio is a dead format and has to be ordered on line. If you use an IPod you will be playing compressed audio anyway that is inferior to CDs. CDs are two channel with no surround sound encoding. I am now old and mostly listen to CNBC these days. I am even sick of Howard, Artie and Bababoi. Next Infiniti only comes with XM. Bye Bye to Howard unless the merger is approved and the same content is available on both XM & Sirius.

Lease over January 2009. May consider 2009 FX 7 speed or move to a better gas mileage brand. If the 7-speed is available on the 2009 M or G highway mileage may be much better.
  • go_mdx1go_mdx1 Member Posts: 135
    Hi,

Could use everyones advice....

I'm debating between a M35 and M45. Dealer tells me the M35 actually gets 3 to 4 MPG better than the M45. EPA sticker says its closer to 1 to 2 MPG difference.

Any thoughts on which is closer to reality??
  • tom17tom17 Member Posts: 134
    If you are really worried about the gas mileage you are looking at the wrong cars. I have 2 Infiniti's and considerred the G35/M35. Ended up getting a Lexus GS350. It is faster than the M35 and is rated 3 mpg city and 4 mpg highway better than the M35. The problem with the Infiniti's is they are geared to turn over 3000 RPM on the highway. My GS turns 2300 at 80 in sixth and still under 3000 in fifth. If Infiniti puts their new 7 speed in their sedans I will look again.
    I agree with you. That is a pretty nice size difference in the rpms 2300 to 3000 at 80mph. I was sold on getting a gs460 but then I turned away because of the looks of the inside and outside and lack of technology that the M has which is more for the buck. Gs460 is a nice car, I only see the Gs350 here and they seem to be really fast. I know someone who has a white one with the chrome lexus wheels and it is nice looking just a little to small for me. I have a brother that plays college basketball and so does his girlfriend and they are both tall she is about 5'10" and he is 6'3" and still growing and I am 5'10" and I like to have my seat slide back pretty far and in the lexus I would be cramp but the M has much more space in length and width. But like I said they are both great cars, I think the gs is more for folks that have smaller kids or short folks under 6'0 sitting in the back because if you are a tall driver maybe 6'0" or better and normally have your seat slide back putting a 6'0" or taller rider in the back seat behind you will surely make you uncomfortable being you would have to move your seat up closer.
    In all honesty, who's in their car long enough for the sound quality to really matter that much? Personally, I'd take the sound of a well tuned exhaust system over any stereo any day of the week.

Lol!! I agree with you. :)
  • pat2717pat2717 Member Posts: 14
    I also have an '06 M45. The lease is up on July 1 and I haven't made a decision on what to get next. I called the lease company and they were happy to extend my lease up to three months at basically the same payment. I wanted to extend because I'm eager to check out the Hyundai Genesis and the 2009 Maxima. If those prove to be less than exceptional, I'll go back and get another M. I'll probably get the 35 this time to try for better mileage. My only gripes about the '06 M45 are: 1) the mileage sucks 2) the gas tank is either small or it signals empty with 4 gallons left. In combination with the poor mileage, I'm constantly filling the tank even though I have a short commute and I'm way under the lease mileage 3) No IPOD connectivity, impossible to even hook up a kit. I detest the FM transmitter that I've had to use instead. That's it. The handling is too soft, but that's not a big problem and it sounds like they've solved that now along with the IPOD issue. All in all, it's been a great car and I'll be happy to get another one unless someone else has something just as good for a lot less money. ;)
  • arnold14arnold14 Member Posts: 22
    What kind of gas mileage do you get in the city? I have a 2006 M35 and am averaging about 17 mpg, mostly driving in traffic.
    I have an M35 coming off lease this week. I looked at and drove almost every alternative up including the new Jaguar XK, BMW3/5, Lexus ES/RX/GS, MB C/E, CTS as well as prius, avalon, murano and some others. I came away from the excercise deciding to lease another M35. The current lease with the 2000 back just can't be beat for 24 months...except if you get a G35/EX35...but I don't like the inside of the G and my wife doesn't like the EX. BMW's were rediculous on a lease. E class was high, but a deal..problem is that it has an antique navigation system...all manual. C was my second choice but the MF was just too high and residual too low to compete on a short lease. Murano could match the M35 lease (much cheaper on purchase)...that was a tough call...ultimately, I don't want to drive a front wheel drive car that everyone else has....and the lease was only the same with 9 security deposits. Cadillac...forget it..too expensive on lease and purchase for what it is. The prius was tempting...but that's a different car satisfying different needs. Volvo, Saab, Audi, Avalon were all eliminated due to either dullness of lack of excitement...I drove them all.

A couple of weeks ago, I realized that almost all the cars get just about as poor mileage as the M. I'm getting 18.1 with my mix of mostly city and some highway. Maybe these cars could get 20 MPG...that's a 10% saving in gas gallons, but most require premium fuel, so there goes the 10%. My M35 runs great on regular gas.

The best part is that with a new M, I get a comfortable, fully adjustable passenger seat.....I like the white dials instead of the orange. Not exactly show stopping changes...the 09 will probably have bigger engine & 7 speed, but if I wait, I may lose the $2000 that makes a 24 mo lease so attractive.
    I agree. The 2-year hedge is a good business decision. Demand they give you Michelins not the Goodyear skidamatics. They will do it. I also love the technology and looks of the M35X if not the ride and noise.

My 2006 lease ends 1/2009. Time will tell.

Today on the radio "Lease an Escalade loaded 699.00 a month no money down" Next month 650.00 a month down down down.
    Why will they agree to change the tires?? I would much prefer the michelins, but the cars all have goodyears? How do I do this? I'm picking the car up on Sat.
    Search these boards and infinitihelp.com about the inferior GTA Goodyears and also see complaints on tirerack.com. My dealer said he would change them if I leased another M. Other postings on line confirm it has been done for others. The postings complain about premature wear, poor wet and snow traction and steering trammeling. I had the same GTA experiences plus the common 2006 defective steering rack replacement.

Do not accept them.