Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Pontiac G6 engine fire

chrissy35chrissy35 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in Pontiac
My 2007 pontiac g6 with 14000 miles had an engine fire last week and pontiac is refusing to give me a rental car. I had the car towed to the dealership I bought it at. Pontiac will not even let them look at the car. They said it will take over 10 business days for them to call me to tell me when they are going to send a team down to look at it. I believe the car is totaled, at least from what the engine looks like. Everything is burned up and melted together. They said it is a legal issue. I said it was a warranty issue. I cant believe they are treating us the way they are. they are really dropping the ball on this one.We have taken care of the car and had no problems with it before this. It was my first brand new car at age 36. I called corporate offices in detroit and they wouldnt even take my call. Customer service is a joke. I have called them about 15 times and no one can tell me why we are not getting a rental car. My insurance company said they could get us a car, but i feel this is not an insurance issue, it is a warranty issue. What good are warranties if Pontiac and General Moters doesn't stand behind them? Anybody got any ideas what I should next?

Comments

• Options
    busirisbusiris Member Posts: 3,490
    I'm not a fortune teller, but I forsee you a an attorney's office in the near future.

Or, having a "fire" sale.

A couple of questions...

What are the specifics about the incident? Please give as many details as you care to type.Had it been in the shop or repaired recently? If yes, by who..dealer or other shop?

Also, you think it is totaled...what does your insurance company say? If they agree, you would probably be better off letting the insurance pay out and purchase a new (and probably non GM) vehicle.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune...Good Luck!
  • Options
    drew_benjamin1drew_benjamin1 Member Posts: 1
    Chrissy, I had the same thing happen to me in February of this year... and the insurance company is insinuating it was done on purpose... is there any way that you can find the Vin number of your pontiac G6 so I can see if at least our G6's came out of the same lot?...that may explain a lot.
  • Options
    gonogogonogo Member Posts: 879
    Curious, what engine has fires, 4 or 6.
This discussion has been closed.