Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Acadia Tires and Wheels

Comments

• davetylerdavetyler Member Posts: 13
    You must have not done very much research, or not have read this forum. You would have found several options. The purpose of these forums are to inform and assist each other and save each other headaches. Good luck with your tires. You did good on your Goodyears because mine your junk. Take care. Be sure to change your Transmission fluid and air cleaner. Dave
  • starlifter3starlifter3 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone reviewed, or had experience with the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Ecopia? I am going to buy new tires in Sept.. I have 60K on the Acadia and do not like the noise of the Goodyear. Tire size 255/65/18.
    Read #52 and others if you haven't. You can tell by my name that I like the Michelin's, MS2's not Latitudes. They have 70,000 warranty but also ride great and wear great. Have over 15-20,000 on these I have on 2008. You can not go wrong unless you get the others free, then I would think about it. Read the other posts if you haven't yet. Good luck. Dave
  • davebugsdavebugs Member Posts: 1
    I used to do this all the time with VW's.

Same price to buy 15" alloy wheels and then 195/65/15's as it was to just buy the replacement low profile 17's. From then on you can buy the much more popular (and thus cheaper) 195/65/15's for the life of the car.

Trying to find what rims (hopefully nothing real fancy/expensive) might be able to work on a friends 2010 Acadia with 255/65/18 that would fit over brake calipers, have the same offset, etc.

Couldn't find anything here with search where anyone had tried this - or more accurately found something that would work.

Anyone else researched this?
  • truckeegirltruckeegirl Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 Acadia and am looking for snow tires. We get some pretty heavy snow here and the only 2 brands I have found in 255/60R/19 is either the Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 or the Michelin Latitude X-Ice. Anyone have any experience with either one, or any other suggestion?
  • cracklebrowncracklebrown Member Posts: 1
    Did you end up with the Bridgestone tires or not? I am strongly considering them with the deal I can get through Costco.
  • ksacadiaguyksacadiaguy Member Posts: 1
    So I am on my second Acadia. I was satisfied with my 2008, but recently traded for a 2011 after some re-occurring service problems. One that kept happening on my 2008 was the left front tire kept going flat. Dealer looked at it over and over again, put it in a dunk tank, and could not ever find a leak. They ended up replacing the tire pressure sensor, and that worked for a while. Now my 2011 is doing the same thing....on the same tire. Either there is a design flaw, or my neighborhood kids are having fun with me!

Question: Has anyone else had habitually flat tires on their Acadia???? Thanks
  • matt1974matt1974 Member Posts: 1
    bought my 2009 back in March. Just had the oil changed and tires rotated. Had a little road noise before rotation. Now the road noise is much worse? My Acadia has the Goodyear Fortera tires and from reading forums, does not seem to be a popular tire? I will be pricing the Michelin LTX MS2 for replacement.
  • bzerbzer Member Posts: 14
    Matt - the Michelin were a great choice for me. A lot more money but they are quite and my miles per gallon went up. I had to trade my 08 Acadia back in April. The transmission went at 170000. Watch that. Went to a Ford Flex and I very happy with that so far. Good luck.
    Matt1974, You will not go wrong with the LTXMS2, do NOT let them sell you the other Michelin, they are worse than the Goodyears! Please don't ask how I know. If read previous Posts, then you know. Good luck! Dave Tyler
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Good afternoon ksacadiaguy,

Have you found any sort of resolution since your last post? If we can look into anything for you, please send an email our way to socialmedia@gm.com with the following information: your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your preferred dealership.

Kind regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • csalocsalo Member Posts: 2
    I'm in the process of shopping for tires for my Acadia.
    I have almost 60K on the original tires, Goodyear RSA 255-60-19.
    I've been quoted $851.00 to replace all 4 with the same tires.

Is there are more quiet, easy riding tire I should be shopping for?
  • csalocsalo Member Posts: 2
    Ok, so Dave, you've got me talked into the Michelens but here is my question.
    I have 19" tires on my Acadia, dropping to the 18" will be ok? From what I see through these posts? Just want to make sure I understand this completely.
    Thanks!
    Cher
  • mtlwiz1mtlwiz1 Member Posts: 4
    how in the world can anyone put an 18'' tire on a 19'' rim?it would serve no purpose as far as ride goes. and as long as final outside diameter of tire goes it would need to be the same so as not to need to have system re-calibrated.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    As you note, you can't put 18" tires on a 19" rim.... you'd need new rims, as well..

But, with the same outside diameter, you'd be riding on 1/2" more sidewall with an 18" tire/rim.. That's significant, and could improve your ride..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Cher, I would not change rim size but explor what tires are available in the 19inch if that is what you have. Just trying to share experience, have had Michelin Latitude on Acadia that were no good, the Ltx have been great aslo put some on 2011 Ford F150. Good luck. Dave Tyler

Iam normally cheap but with tires, I go the other way, I want the best. Wife drives Acadia most the time.
  • orr4orr4 Member Posts: 4
    Dave,, just curious what your issue(s) were with the Latitude. I had 2 put on my Acadia after a blowout far from home. They were my only option at the shop for a 19 " tire. So I have them on the front with a pair of original worn Goodyear RS-A on the rear... So I need to figure out what my next move is as I planned to put Latitudes on the rear as well but now am rethinking it..Many thanks.
    My 2008 had about 13,000 with original Goodyears, had nail almost on sidewall and Discount Tire would not fix it, and guy made the comment that "you will need tires soon anyway", I asked what tires they had to replace them, The Michelin Latitude was one in that size, so I put a set of four on at 14,000. They wore quick, mostly highway, I took in to get rotated and the guy said, you need new tires, and I could not believe it because only had 25,000 on the Latitudes. I have about 4-5 sets of Michelins on the ground at all time. We called Michelin hotline and I ended up getting a 35% discount on the new LTX MS 2. The tire(Michelin) guy, said"Mr. Tyler, to be honest, you did get the mileage estimated for that tire, when that tire came out there weren't many made in that size, we now have the new MS2 which is better for miles, I think they estimate 70,000. My Goodyears were not the Goodyear RA but the other that starts with F? Check the tire experts, they change too, now say that your better tires should be on the rear? I am old and old school, my Acadia is at Discount Tire as I type this getting rotated and balanced with 80,000 plus on Acadia and about 40,000 on Michelins. Hope I answered your question. Regards, Dave

Have to be honest, on first set of Goodyears, I plugged the sidewall, and then had patched from inside and gave to a guy who put on Ford F150 and he got many more miles on them before trading vehicles.
  • tamrajeftamrajef Member Posts: 2
    Yes, I have experienced this with the front left tires since getting my 2009 Acadia. It doesn't go flat, it just "deflats" to 28-27 and I'm having to refill every few weeks. Tire has been check several times, but they can't find anything.
  • tamrajeftamrajef Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2012
    Hello,

I know there are a lot of messages on here about brands of tires/types, but has anyone recently purchased tires that they are happy with? Too many messages to go through and kinda of confusing because there are so many.

There are a few that mention Michelins and Hancook.

I'm considering purchasing the Bridgestone Alenza (65,000 mile warranty). When I asked I asked Costco, American Tire and Discount Tire, they all recommended the Bridgestone over the Michelins.

I have a 2009 GMC Acadia, have 48,000 miles on original GY tires and it's time to replace tires ASAP.

Thanks for the advice.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    edited July 2012
    Michelin LTX M/S2

Why?

Ranked no. ! in its category

M/S2

You can compare here and note that the top 3 of 5 tires are from Michelin

Comparison

Course YMMV!
  • thesleevethesleeve Member Posts: 3
    I am in deperate need of 4 new tires for my 2008 Acadia. I am scheduled to get 4 on Fri. Cooper CS4 Touring. I called several places and they all said good things about this tire. I read a review on the tire thru SEARS, that said they caused "cupping", especially on an Acadia or an Outlook. I now have some concerns, any thoughts......
  • thesleevethesleeve Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2008 Acadia, that needs an updated disk for the GPS(Navigation). Does the dealer have them. Can I get them eslewhere? What is the cost? I must be honest I have not looked into it yet.
  • long_haullong_haul Member Posts: 1
    Good Call. I have been looking at the Michelin's but but couldn't find a tire in the 255/65/R18. I know you said you used the 265/60/R18. Did you have them installed on the same rim?
    I was told that the Latitude Tour in that size was due out in January. Right now they only have the X-Ice snow tire. The LTX MS2 tires have also got good reviews.
    I have a 2007 that I bought with 25k on it. Its got 60k now and I'm on my second set of Good Year's. The tires are a nail magnet and driving me crazy.......
  • tereasastereasas Member Posts: 2
    I had the original Good Year tires and then at about 50,000 miles i went to the Cooper Touring and they were horrible, terribly bad road noise and vibrating no matter what i did and it started when they had about 10,000 mi. I now need to get a new set and i am debating going back to the Good Year or a Bridgestone..... any thoughts? I am most concerned about the quiet and smooth ride. thanks for any input
  • tereasastereasas Member Posts: 2
    just wanted to know what you ended up with and if you are happy with them. I am also considering the Bridgestone
  • bzerbzer Member Posts: 14
    Michelin's were the best choice for me and I was putting over 40K a year on my Acadia before trading it 5 months ago. They weren't the same size but on fuel and noise they were worth the money......good luck.
    Go to this link:

Tire Survey for light truck and SUV

You can see which tires provide what you are looking for.
  • just2playinjust2playin Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 Acadia it came with 255 65 R18 tires. I seem to go through them fairly quickly. I was wondering what all sizes would fit on the car without rubbing or anything else. I would like to broaden my options on what I can find. Please let me know.
  • taribare3taribare3 Member Posts: 1
    How interesting. I have a 2008 Acadia as well. I am upset to learn today that I have 26000 miles on my car and they said I already need new tires. They are GOODYEAR. I thought your supposed to get 50-60000 miles on tires.??? Why would this be a problem??? I am making a complaint to GMC AND GOODYEAR. I dont think I should have to buy new tires this dang fast. I dont put a whole lot of miles on my car. My hubby has a 2008 Sierra pickup and has 56000 on his tires. What is up with these tires. Terri
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Good morning taribare3,

Once a vehicle is outside of the Bumper to Bumper warranty period, any other coverage would fall to the tire manufacturer. If you had wanted for us to look into this from our end, however, we can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com (include the last 8 digits of your VIN and your contact information).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • capriracercapriracer Member Posts: 907
    Just an FYI,

OE tires - the ones that come from the factory on your truck - do NOT have a mileage warranty. 2 reasons for that.

1) The car factory doesn't buy the mileage warranty. (It also doesn't buy any road hazard warranty either). The car factory only buys the bare bones warranty from the tire manufacturer, which only covers the structural integrity of the tire - not how many miles you get from them.

2) The tires are designed by the vehicle manufacturer - that is, the vehicle manufacturer has specs that have to be met - and among those specs is a requirement for rolling resistance. Improved rolling resistance is done by sacrificing treadwear and/or traction (especially wet traction). That's why so many OE tires have wear and traction complaints. A common complaint about replacement tires is that there is a fuel economy hit when they are applied. Unfortunate, but it is the way this works.
  • momofmenmomofmen Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I bought a GMC Acadia in Nov 2011 and have put 32k miles on it so far. I took the car to 2 tire shops today because I thought the tread was looking a little low and wanted to know if I should replace them. I have to drive over a pass this next week and am worried about ice, snow, etc. Both tire stores pointed to the wear bars, which were just slightly below the tread, so they said I have very little tread left. Aren't these tires supposed to last at least to 50K miles, or at least better than 32K miles? I am not hard on this car, just drive it mostly around town to pick up and drop off kids. Is there anything I can do either before or after I buy new tires? I really don't want to wait to go through some sort of warranty process before I can replace them, so I'm hoping I can just buy new tires and then address this with GM after?
    First, there is no treadwear warranty on OE tires - the ones that came from the factory. Plus, technically, you haven't worn them out - the tread bars are still not exposed. But your GM dealer MIGHT be willing to negotiate something.

Second, another few thousand miles and you'll be outside GM's 36K warranty period, so don't wait. Go to your GM dealer and see what they say.

DO NOT get new tires and THEN go to the GM dealer to work out an arrangement. Make the arrangement BEFORE - and make sure the GM dealer is completely in the loop.
  • acadiagrlacadiagrl Member Posts: 3
    First of all I will tell you in what steps this went. I took my car in for its usual oil change and rotation of tires at my gm dealer. I told the tech there that I noticed my tires looked really low on tread and pointed out that i only had 25000 miles on the car. He took it in for the service and did an inspection and came out with a estimate of $1200.00 for a new set. He said they were wore very even, and had 5/32 and some 6/32 of tread left. I left there depressed and thought this is just not right. So I got a Goodyear tire corporate email address and sent them an email and asked what I could do about this. 2 days later they emailed me back and said to give them a call with a file # they had opened on me. I did that and the man said to go to one of their Goodyear dealers and have the tires inspected. He called the closest one to my house and set up an appt for me. I told him i could be there in an hour. They inspected my tires and phoned this man with the results. He then told Goodyear to give me a discount on ea. tire. So they are $283.00 ea. but on sale for $218.00. The Goodyear manager did some figureing on her calc and said total for EVERYTHING will be $440.50. I said set me up with an appt. Then she proceeded to tell me i must have caught them on a good day, as they dont usually do anything unless they are at least 4-5/32 all around. So needless to say I was in there the next day getting all 4 replaced. The name of the tire is a Fortera p265x18. I was pleased. And these tires have a 60000.00 mile warranty. Good Luck! GMC said as long as my car was out of warranty they couldnt do anything and they said to contact Goodyear themselves. They want you to be satisfied. Sincerely, Terri
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Is this a 2011 Acadia, momofmen?

There is a pro-rata coverage table that I have here that breaks down coverage if it is a 2011 vehicle. If we can check into this further with you, please contact us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, a summary of the situation, the last 8 of your VIN and mileage, and the name of your preferred dealership).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • shel5shel5 Member Posts: 1
    2009 Acadia with 39K. Took vehicle to dealer this week for service and complained about original GY Forera tire wear with snow season coming. Also noticably more road noise. Wear bars will appear probably before 45K. Since I rotate my tires every oil change and adjust the air pressure as the Onstar monthly diagnostic reflects I am not happy. As previous comments in this forum dealer cannot do anything about original tires unless there is a clear defect, stating they have Acadia owners that didn't get much more than 20K.

Discussed tire brands that their Acadia customers are having better luck with. Was told it is all over the board, but many are satisfied with the Continental CrossContact ($70 more on 4 than the Fortera SilentArmor). Any one experienced with this tire?

Visited a tire center to inquire what they are expereincing with Acadia tires and they liked Michelin Latitude Tour or the Cooper TPS (70K milege warrenty and $60 less on 4 than the Fortera). Any one have experience with the Cooper TPS?

Shel
    I was on here several times and have responded, seems as though if you are #92 that you have read the previous replys??? If you got 36 k you did really good. I had a set of Michlin Latitudes that wore out with less than 30,000. Michlin said at the time there were not many made for 2008 in that size but now the Michlin LTX MS2 come with 70,000 mile rating. I do not beoeve that either, I now have over 40,000 on MS 2's and are good and still have tread. Several have recommended these. I still do. Check them out. Dave again.
  • bdr7bdr7 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 GMC Acadia and it has a history of wearing out tires quickly. They also tend to wear out on the inside of the tread, and i was told by a dealer that 1) the wheels on the rear tend to bend in slightly (to give better traction i think) but that can cause uneven wearing, and 2) for Acadias, they never really need - or could even really get - a wheel alignment because of they way they are constructed. Is this all true?
    I am again experiencing uneven wear (after careful tire rotation every 5-6k miles, and balance checks). My tires also seem to come unbalanced easily and cause a rough ride. Have others had to get tire balances often?
    I have had posts under tires but not sure if you read them? I too have a 2008 Acadia, the Goodyears were not too good, changed at 13,000 mainly because had one tire that could not be fixed and guy tried to tell me the others were not good so I ordered a set of Michelin Latatude whatever and they were worse and lasted 25,000 and in the end the Michelin guy said that 25, 000 was the life of those but gave me credit on new set of Michelin MS2. I have over 50,000 + on these and soon a new set. I am a cheap, thrifty, frugil, person, but on some things, you get what you pay for, tires being one of them. Also tires at 70 mph, I want a good one. Never align problem and close to 100,000. Be sure to do your recalls on the 2008. A few there. Good luck.
    Dave
    Hello bdr7,

I apologize for the tire wear you are experiencing. I understand how this can be frustrating, especially after hearing back what you did from the dealer. I would like to look into this situation for you. Please contact me by Email at socialmedia(at)gm.com. Include your contact information, VIN and current mileage. I look forward to hearing from you so we can work towards a resolution.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    GM Customer Care
  • acadiagrlacadiagrl Member Posts: 3
    I too have had to replace my tires at 25000 miles. Goodyear stood behind them and gave me a 50% discount on a new set. So for $400 I got a new set. Was not happy how fast they wore out. Have no clue why. Also just had to have water pump replaced at 30,000. That was a strange thing too. After all the little stuff I have had to deal with I am thinking I will never buy another Acadia. Good luck ya all!!! where do i find recalls on the acadia??????? make sure i didnt miss any. GMC did pay for the water pump btw.
    Interesting thing about that water pump. As i looked at the Acadia today I noticed a big puddle of pink liquid underneath. Checked the coolant level and refilled. Started car and out came the coolant.

I was thinking I know I bought this vehicle in August of 2010 just couldn't remember the date. Finally found the contract. Purchase date: 8/27/2010. Made it by 5 days. Unless of course this is covered under the limited powertrain warranty.

That was a little too close for comfort. Also roadside assist had it towed to the closest GMC dealer and not the one I purchased from. We'll see how that works out.
    Hey obyone,

We're glad that you made it to the dealership for your water pump issue. I'd be happy to check into any additional bulletins or warranty information for you. If you are interested, please feel free to contact us by email. Please include your VIN and mileage and our contact is socialmedia@gm.com [attn Amber].

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    Hi acadiagrl,

By providing the last 8 digits of your VIN, as well as your mileage we can check any recalls for you. You can also find recall information by registering with the GMC Owner's Center website. I've provided the link below for your convenience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

https://my.gmc.com/web/portal/managemybrand?g=1

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    Interesting item noted on my work order. The tech states that they replaced the water pump and tested with no leaks which is fine. On the second line they note that the steering gear is leaking. I'm thinking if they noted that it is leaking and is a warranty item why not replace it at the same time rather than having me bring it back?

Then again who knows what they were thinking as if I were them I would repair only what was required the get the vehicle back on the road and hope that I take it back to the selling dealer to have the rack replaced. We all know that the dealerships don't make much if anything performing warranty work due to GM's ridiculous labor times.
    I'm thinking that a 5 year old vehicle isn't covered by warranty - and that's why they noted it, rather than replace it.

Am I missing something here?
    Am I missing something here?

Yes. The vehicle I'm referring to is a 2010 Acadia with 5 days left on the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty period. The water pump would be covered under the 5/100 powertrain warranty but not the rack.

Since they documented the leak within the 3/36 GM will usually warrant it even though I have it scheduled with the selling dealer outside of the 3/36 by one day. When I state usually it comes down to the dealer whether or not they choose to do so.
    Hello obyone,

I am more than happy to look into this for you. I would like for you to contact me via email at socialmedia(at)gm.com. In the message please include your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and the name and location of the dealer you are working with. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    GM Customer Care
    Thanks for the offer. I'll contact you if the selling dealer attempts to deny the claim.