Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 Forester Hands Free installation

courcour Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Subaru
I just received my Hands Free kit H0018FG300. The instructions say to remove center console (they call it Cluster) by way of releasing 5 clips and 7 latches. Unfortunelty they don't say how to get to them or where they are. Wondering if there is somewhere on this forum or the internet that describes it a little better. I have searched and have found nothing. I think it would be a good You Tube candidate. Worse comes to worse I'll end up bringing to dealer for installation. THnaks for any help.

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Scoobymods has instructions for the last generation, the new one should be similar. You basically start under the elbow rests and work your way forward.

I've done it on a '98 Forester, it wasn't that hard. It did help to see the pics, though.

Check it out, even if yours is different those pics should help you.
  • courcour Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the information. I will check it out. The dealership wants $300 to install it. Ouch
  • samirataustinsamirataustin Member Posts: 17
    This link has the accessory installation manuals:
    link title

See the XM Satellite Radio kit installation guide at the link above- diagram 2 on the Forester section. Shows the positions of the 7 latches.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.