Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Pilot 2008 Grille Insert

bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
edited March 2014 in Honda
Grille Insert by GrilleTech.com - Polished Chrome - 5 pcs overlay on OEM Grille.

By a hook shape paper clip pulling the plastic tie end from back to front; I completed all the 5-pcs inserts less than 30 mins. No need to remove any fasteners, or black plastic shield on top of radiator. Because of varied distance between support columns of grille / inserts, about 1/3 of the secure process need 2 plastic ties joined together to get the job done.

No more rock / road debris can damage the A/C condensor, piping. A $750 replacement job and it's considered as accident so no warranty.

Photo1
imageSee more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com

Photo2
imageSee more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com

Comments

• parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    For some reason I can not see the pictures you have included and the carspace page does not load either, I went to their website and saw samples, that looks good.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    parviz -

It's strange, both photo show up fine in my monitor. Is there anyone else can't see the 2 photos above? You may do 2 things to see whether it load due to some reasons that they were not loaded in the first page launch; (1) reload [F5], (2) move the mouse cursor to the picture x square, right-click the mouse, choose "see this picture".
  • parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    It works now! I am not sure what happened other than I had logged out last night and logged back in today. Nice pictures, I am tempted!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    logged out last night

Sleep engineering at work. :)

Sometimes the cache in your browser gets confused too and sometimes doing a Control-Refresh will kick stuff into gear.

Nice work Bigdadi!
    Just found a FREE PhotoShop - it's called PhotoShop Express, you can edit your photos online FOC. What it needs is register then sign in.

Below is the photo 2 edited by PhotoShop/Express:

Original:
  • pablo9pablo9 Member Posts: 29
    I think I like it...I'm always consiervative when it comes to these aftermarket add-ons. Looks good on your silver. I'm thinking it would look sharp on my formal black, too. Especially like that added protection...

Thanks for sharing!
    Pablo

Glad you like it. When you order, make sure to let the supplier know whether you have front plate or not, because there are 2 versions of the bumper section inserts, one is the cut version to accomodate the plate frame which extends at mid-bottom part of bumper opening..
    Pablo

Your black color Pilot should looks great with chrome grille insert. Below is 05 Pilot photo that I found in other Pilot forum. The member told me where to order however when I emailed the supplier and they didn't make any for 06 -08 one yet. I think Grille tech has a after market grille insert to replace the OEM grille also.

05 Pilot Grille Insert - combo of black and chrome.

This is optional 06-08 Pilot Grille (black theme) to replace the OEM one. Can be ordered online from many Honda parts & accessories outlets... Bumper opening still not protected though.

• pablo9pablo9 Member Posts: 29
    I went to the Grille Tech site but nothing actualy listed for 08 as shown here...I emailed so we'll see that they can confirm still available. THis is definitely the best looking option I've seen. I've looked at the Honda alternate and though I liked it at first (looks really good on the Ridgeline), I've since come to like the 06 and up horizontal lines.

How do these fit over the black vertical grill parts? I noted today these are very close to the front edge of the silver horizontal portion...just curious. And, does the installation seem solid? As in, Am I going to need to worry about these puppies in a couple of years or will they be good for the duration of some long miles?

THanks again for the info about the plates (I do have front plate requirements) and the views! Will let you know how it plays out.
    Pablo,

The installation is pretty solid and it fit nicely, no free plays if you pulled the plastic cable tie in evenly & securely.

At the GrilleTech site, the '06 Pilot grille insert fits the '08 model. Ryan, the owner, just slow to update his site data to '08. I knew it because I also emailed and asked.
    Grilletech has 06-08 chrome grille insert overlay on the after market grille - that is install on top of the black grille on the Green Pilot photo.

One thing I forgot to mention is ...

Easiest to cut the excess end of Plastic cable tie is using 'box cutter', as the razor blade is the fastest tool.
  • albookalbook Member Posts: 1,282
    Looks so much better than the original. Are there any aftermarket grilles without the "H"?
    Email GrilleTech. If the H is removable, I think Ryan should be able to do one for you, without the hole for the H. Probably it saves them energy to do the cut out space for the H.
  • odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
    Looks like I'm gonna have to add that to my "Things I want" list.

Thanks alot. :D

Odie
    Odie's Carspace
This discussion has been closed.