Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Tiguan Lease Questions

Comments

• info_hoginfo_hog Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    Can someone please provide current VW money factor and residual for 2011 TIGUAN SE, 12k miles/year?

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I'd be happy to help you out, info_hog.

Volkswagen Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00087 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • sam0922sam0922 Member Posts: 1
    I currently have a Jetta Lease that I am able to "pull ahead" and get out of early. I am looking at leasing a 2011 SEL Tiguan. What would be the lowest Base Cap Cost that I should feel comfortable asking for? The MSRP is $35830. I was told that VW would make my 1st payment for me and with nothing down, my payment would be $575/month. 12k/36k lease.

Just wondering if that seems reasonable?

Since I also received a quote for a 2011 Touareg Sport w/ $1832 due at signing and my monthly payment would be $585/month. 12k/36 lease. Seems I should go with that instead?
    Hi sam0922. If I was in the market for a 2011 Tiguan, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over dealer invoice and see what happens...obviously the lower the better. You can look up the dealer invoice price for the exact model that you are interested in over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • starbirdstarbird Member Posts: 38
    I found zag.com gives very competitive pricing. I just bought a SE 2011 for $27598 (plus title and tax).
  • breslijobreslijo Member Posts: 3
    For Boston / New England area folks, I have some data on what I just paid.

I bought from Kevin Mullin at Wellesley VW in Wellesley, MA. I took up a lot of his time and he was great.
    I would also recommend the new Kelly VW in Danvers (soon to be Peabody). Flavio Ramos and Marty there are nice and they would match the other deal if I wanted to go with them. But in the end, instead of beating them both back and forth over a few bucks, I went with who helped me the most and gave me the most of their time. I would not go back to Quirk VW in Braintree, unless I needed a good laugh watching the prototypical old school car sales person in action.

I got the SE trim level with 4motion and trailer hitch as the only options. The lease was 3yr/15k. Sign Then Drive, so no money down, and the 1st of the 36 month payments is paid by VW.

msrp:31040.00 (2011 VW Tiguan SE 4motion w.Trailer Hitch + Destination)
    negotiated selling price:27700.00
    residual:16140.80(52%, 36mo., 15k miles/year)
    money_factor:.00042 (=1.008% APR)

Additional items financed:
    docfee+state_inspection:263.00
    reg+title:125.00
    Lease_acquisition:625.00

The Lease Math:
    Net_Cap_Cost: 28713.00
    Depreciation_fee: 349.23
    Finance_fee: 18.84
    Sales_Tax: 23.00 (MA 6.25% of Depreciation+Finance_Fee)
    Monthly_Payment: 391.07 (x35, 1st month paid by VW)
  • bennydahatbennydahat Member Posts: 3
    If someone could tell me the Residual and money factor for this vehicle at 36 months 10k miles/yr
    and if possible tell me if I have $1,500 dollars of POSITIVE equity from my trade in going towards the lease does that number will obviously subtract from what I pay over that 36 month period but how will it effect the tax and do i pay tax on the full price of the car or just the amount I pay in the 36 month period? thanks so much
  • bennydahatbennydahat Member Posts: 3
    This might be easier to answer if I just give you the deal they offered and then you can tell me how much they are discounting the vehicle?

2011 Tiguan SEL AWD w/Navi Msrp 33,400
    Massachusetts Tax 6.25%
    Fee's $299 doc fee $100 plates reg
    $1,500 Trade equity ("03" Mazda6i 4cyl 91k/miles all options but nav $4,500 payoff $3,000)
    $0 down $0 out of pocket First month payment rolled in
    Tier 1 + credit

I am so indebted to you for this answer need to save all the money I can having my first baby next month and I need to save thanks so much!
  • nom2nom2 Member Posts: 13
    Carman,

Looking for December MF and Res for a 2011 Tiguan SE for 36months with 12K miles.

Thanks
    Hello bennydahat. VW Credit's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SEL AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00022 and 52%, respectively.

If you have any equity in your trade, you would be better of having the dealer cut you a check for it rather than using it as a down payment for your new lease. I always advise consumers not to make down payments on leased vehicles. Those who do so risk losing the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on your new arrival, bennydahat. You really should ask the dealer how much they are charging you for the Tiguan. I would never lease anything without the dealer telling me exactly how much they were charging me for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, nom2. VW Credit's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SE 4Motion with 12,000 miles per year are .00042 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • nom2nom2 Member Posts: 13
    Carman - That Tiguan SE is FWD, not 4motion. Is the Residual still 54% for 36 months and 12K miles, or does it go down to 53%?

Thanks
  • jschnarjschnar Member Posts: 3
    "bennydahat" if you need to save that hard to get into the debt for the expensive Tiguan, may I suggest you buy a much less expensive vehicle. Your new baby will also add to your expenses.

For example the new 2011 Jetta base model sells for half that and if you drive a lot the 2.0L diesel model gets mileage almost equal to a hybrid.
  • khurramakhurrama Member Posts: 14
    Hi Carman,
    Do you have lease rates for Jan on the 2010 SE 12k 36month leases?
    And do you know which incentives are available for Jan?
    Thanks
    Sorry I meant the lease rates for 2011 SEL AWD.
    thanks Car Man
  • sbartsbart Member Posts: 1
    Hi there - does anybody have the current lease rates (money factor etc.) for the 2011 Tiguan S (basic model)?
    Currently being offered:

"invoice" price, but no idea what that actually is and how it compares to MSRP.

$314.39 plus tax in California

10k miles

first payment of $799.18 to pay 'purely driveoffs and 1st month's payment'

but don't know the other info to work out whether this is a good deal...or whether it sucks.
    Hey nom2. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SE FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00040 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go khurrama. VW Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Tiguan SEL AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00013 and 50%, respectively.

I don't believe that Volkswagen is providing any cash incentives on leases of the Tiguan this month.

Car_man
    Host
    edited January 2011
    Thanks car man!
    So the residual has dropped from 54% to 50% but the MF has also dropped from .00022 to .00013?

What atre the rates for a 24 month?
    Hi sbart. Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan S FWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00060 and 57%, respectively.

Dealer invoice is a very attractive selling price for a leased Tiguan right now.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome nom2. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SE FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00040 and 59%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    edited January 2011
    I'm currently being offered The SEL AWD at a cap cost of 32254 (which is below invoice) through amex zag network.
    When applying the December rates of 54% and .00020 my payments were coming to 362 plus tax/month.

However with the new residual at 50% as you said my monthly is coming to 407.50/month. These are using my own calculations so I know nothing is hidden. I'm surprised the residual dropped 4%! It's increasing my monthly by 40 dollars.
    Now the dealer is saying the january residual on the SEL 4motion is only 48%?!
    Hello Car Man,
    Could you also please tell me the lease rates for

2011 SE 4motion with premium navigation and sunroof
    12k 36 month lease
    Thanks!
  • dorianwalesdorianwales Member Posts: 5
    Would appreciate your help with the following offer:

2011 Tiguan SE
    MSRP: $29,220
    Sale price: $27,500
    Residual $17824.20
    Money Factor 0.00050
    15,000 miles/year
    24 months
    Tax 7%
    Fees and start-ups - $900

I'm out of the country so not very familiar with all the details. I haven't been able to match the MSRP to the specific SE Trim but I imagine it's the basic SE.

I also got the following for the Jetta SE (I need two cars):
    MSRP $20,065
    Sale Price $19,000
    Residual $13242.90
    Money Factor 0.00065
    15,000 miles/year
    24 months
    Tax 7%

What kind of discount should I expect on a two car deal?

Any fees I should be aware of if I decide on extending the lease by an additional year?
    I'd be happy to help you out, khurrama.

Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SE 4Motion with sunroof, nav, and 12,000 miles per year are .00034 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car Man!
    I'm signing for the car tomorrow!

I feel like i'm getting an fantastic deal and I have everything in writing now!

VW TIGUAN SE 4 motion w/ navi and sunroof
    12k per year/ 36 month lease
    MSRP- $33145.00
    INVOICE: 31812.00

Negotiated selling price: 29,900 including any incentives/rebates
    MF. .00034
    Residual 34%

Monthly base payment:
    $359.84
    Monthly total payment including tax: $381.43 :D

It's for my wife and the color choice is white gold metallic/sandstone.
    In all honesty I can't wait to drive it myself ;)
  • infogirlinfogirl Member Posts: 1
    I am working on leasing a 2011 Tiguan SE w/Navi/Sunroof or a SportWagen SE w/Sunroof/Wheel Pkg.
    What is the current MF and residual and do they differ from dealer to dealer? Terms are 36/12 miles.
    A internet site states the MF is .00028 with 57% residual for the Tiguan and .00142 MF and 59% residual on the SportWagen. A dealer quoted me .00040 MF and 52% residual on the Tiguan. How do you know what they are quoting is correct? Please help!!!
    edited January 2011
    The MF and residual for a 36 month 12k per year lease on a Tiguan SE with
    Navi/sunroof 4motion is currently
    And 53%.

They do not vary from dealer to dealer but you must qualify for tier 1 credit to get that MF rate. Dealers will however try to increase the MF to increase profit.

The rates for the same vehicle without 4motion may be different and I am not aware of them. Car man should be able to help out.
  • bisquit21bisquit21 Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I was wondering what the money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SE 4Motion with 12,000 miles per year are? Thanks for any help!

This is the Jan. figure obviously . Any idea if I should wait until Feb? Thanks again.
    You're very welcome khurrama. This definitely looks like a good deal to me. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Hi infogirl. Volkswagen's current lease program for the Tiguan is national, so it shouldn't vary from dealer to dealer.

VW Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SE with sunroof, navigation, and 12,000 miles per year are .00034 and 53%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 Jetta SportWagen SE are .00022 and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go bisquit21. VW Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SE 4Motion with 12,000 miles per year are .00041 and 53%, respectively.

I believe that this lease program is scheduled to run through the end of February, so it really doesn't matter if you finalize your deal now or wait a little bit.

Car_man
    Host
  • rdragerdrage Member Posts: 1
    Two questions...

- why is the residual so low?

- did you have a down payment up front?
  • msheetsnolamsheetsnola Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    I am looking at a 2011 tiguan s and se both AWD. I was quote money factor and residual of .00095 and 56% on both. We have excellent credit. What values should we be getting from vw. Looking at your earlier post the money factor seems to be way off.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I forgot to add that it is a 3year 36000 mile lease.
    Hi msheetsnola. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan S AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00063 and 57%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 Tiguan SE AWD are .00041 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • smile8smile8 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man!!
    Here are the questions i have what is MF and Residual value factors on Tiguan 2011 S model lease for 36 month/15,000 miles a year. The car will be lease in Florida state.
    In addition, would you know what is the invoice price for S model with auto tansmission and sun roof 9 mif possible)?

Thank you so much for your help!!!!

Smile
    Hi Smile. Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan S with 15,000 miles per year are .00060 and 54%, respectively.

You can find the dealer invoice price for the exact Tiguan that you are interested in over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • jdiz3jdiz3 Member Posts: 21
    Orders are already being taken in Europe for the 2012 Tiguan. Should be in the states towards the end of 2011. Do you think the deals on 2011's will be significantly better towards the end of the year, since the 2012's will have a new body style? I want a tiguan, but my current lease isnt up until september, just wondering if its worth waiting.
  • search4carsearch4car Member Posts: 30
    Hi Car_Man - How about for an SE AWD 15k a year?
  • wagon08wagon08 Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2011
    Hi - had a quote on a 2011 Tiguan SE Auto FWD , no nav no roof, etc - just SE- sign then drive , zero out of pocket for everything. 10k miles (never put over 7 k per year on a car) - 385/mo. What do you think ?

Also - this is replacing a 2008 Beetle Convertible with 23k miles being turned in - does this factor into the deal at all?
  • newcaraholicnewcaraholic Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_Man,
    I am currently looking to lease a Tiguan 2011 SE w/Sunroof and Navi. I am reading the article on Edmunds about calculating your own bottom line lease rate, but I need some more information. What would the money factor and residual be on the above car for a 36 month/15k miles a year lease? Also, I am trading in a car with approximately $2k worth of negative equity (payoff is $29k, dealer giving me $27k). How do I factor that into the equation?
    Thanks a lot for any help you can provide!
    Hi jdiz3. If I was in your situation and my current lease wasn't up until September, I wouldn't do anything until close to then. You will likely end up wasting money by trying to get out early.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey search4car. Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SE AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00020 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi wagon08. It would be easier for us to evaluate this deal if you were able to provide us with this truck's MSRP and selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers, it's difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there's any room left to negotiate.

Let us know what these numbers are and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi newcaraholic. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SE 4Motion with 15,000 miles per year are .00020 and 51%, respectively.

If you are trading in a car that has negative equity, you can either pay that money at lease signing or attempt to roll your negative equity into the capitalized cost of your new lease, baking it into your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • newcaraholicnewcaraholic Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Car_man for the information. How would the numbers change for an SEL FWD for the same terms? Thanks.
  • jdiz3jdiz3 Member Posts: 21
    edited February 2011
    Thanks Car_man.

My Jetta lease expires in September, but my mother is going to purchase the vehicle. Its a 2007 Jetta Wolfsburg and we can purchase it for a little over $10,000. She likes it and I have taken immaculate care for the car.

Well, how does this deal sound?
    SE w/ 4 motion & Nav, 4 year lease, 15k miles per year, $1500 down-- $430 a month (tax not included)

I know its going to go past the warranty, but I dont mind if I can save money on the monthly payment.

Do you think there is still more room to negotiate. Ultimately, im shooting for an sel, awd w/nav, same terms, $2000 down for no more than $410 a month (tax included). Am I crazy?
    No problem newcaraholic.

Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SEL FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00021 and 48%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.