Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Tiguan Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,720
    Disposition fees are fixed by the lender... don't waste effort on negotiating that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• marylandguymarylandguy Member Posts: 2
    kyfdx,

Thanks.

Can you help me out on my other questions?

Thanks,

Marylandguy
    Car_man has those specific numbers... he'll be along soon..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Marylandguy. volkswagen Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan S 4Motion with 10,000 miles per year are .00008 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The disposition fee is being charged by VW Credit and individual dealers do not have the authority to waive it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • purduealum91purduealum91 Member Posts: 285
    Hi Car man,

I am in the market for the above. What are VWOAs money factors and residuals for 36 month leases? What are the lease inception fee and any other fees? I'm in NJ.

Tom
    Hi Tom. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan S 4Motion with 10,000 miles per year are .00008 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this truck through VW Credit.

At lease signing Volkswagen Credit charges a $625 acquisition fee.

Car_man
    Host
  • purduealum91purduealum91 Member Posts: 285
    Thanks Car Man. A few more questions. What does VW define as top tier credit. How is money factor affected if your credit score is between 650-700? For a 12,000 mile per year lease, what is the money factor & residual?

Thanks again Car Man!

Tom
  • ishwardinishwardin Member Posts: 1
    Hi car_man,

A dealer in Richmond is offering the following terms on a lease:

MSRP: 35,690
    Negotiated Sale Price: $32,500 (He said there was a regional $1000 dealer incentive)
    Miles/Monther: 12K/36 months
    Money Factor: 0.00028
    Residual Value: 57%
    Acq fee: $625, Doc Fee = $389, Tax+Fee: $1108

The monthly payment is coming out to be $412/month with 0 down.

Is this a good deal?

Thanks
    You're welcome Tom. That's an excellent question about the credit tiers. I'm not sure exactly what the cutoff is for Volkswagen Credit's A Tier is, but you're probably close. I'm guessing that is' somewhere in the low 700s. You may end up being B Tier.

The money factor is exactly the same for a lease with 12,000 miles per year, but the residual value would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ishwardin. I love Richmond. What a beautiful area. Let's take a look at this deal.

The dealer invoice price for the model that you're interested in is $34,295. If we subtract the $1,000 regional cash incentive from that it drops to $33,295. The selling price that you were quoted is still even lower than that, which is a very good deal. Man, VW dealers are certainly being aggressive lately. Most of the deals that I've seen have been below invoice. No wonder VW sales have exploded.

The .00028 money factor that you were quoted is right on the money as well.

If you like the Tiguan, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • itstiitsti Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,

I'm new here. But I just dealt with the dealer yesterday on a lease on a black 2013 S (base) no sunroof 4motion Tiguan.

originally,
    signup: 4500
    300/month

after some negotiation they showed me the math and a breakdown:
    3000 signup - 270/month - 36 months

MSRP: 27480
    residual: 60%; 16488
    term: 36
    Money factor: 0.00045
    Cash cap reduction: 2077.50
    Sale tax: 7%; 793.78
    Doc fee: 349

Any opinion on this would be great!

Thanks,
    Ivan
  • malangonmalangon Member Posts: 1
    I just came from 2 different VW dealerships with very different numbers:

Tiguan SE
    MSRP: $32,000
    Tier B Credit
    $5,000 down / $400 a month
    36 Months, 15K miles

Can somebody tell me if this sounds correct? Seems a bit off...
  • fourizonly007fourizonly007 Member Posts: 38
    edited October 2012
    Car_man,

Do you have the lease numbers for Tiguan S or Tiguan SE? Both 36 & 42 months with 12k/year. Thank you very much.
    Here you go fourizonly007. Volkswagen Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Tiguan S with 12,000 miles per year are .00045 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00096 and 56%.

The numbers for the '13 Tiguan SE are .00044 / 59% and .00106 / 55%.

For the rest of the month, Volkswagen is waiving the first payment on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • fourizonly007fourizonly007 Member Posts: 38
    Car_man,

Thank you very much for the information.

Cheers!
  • croatbagcroatbag Member Posts: 21
    edited November 2012
    Hello Car man,

Could you give me the MF and residual for November for the 36 month and 42 month leases of a 2013 Tiguan SE with Sunroof and Nav for 12K miles?

Thank you in advance.
  • mazmiamazmia Member Posts: 1
    Dear Carman,

Can you please let me know the MF and RV for 2012 Tiguan S FWD and AWD models for 10,000 miles and 36 month and/or 42 month lease? I am looking to lease one soon in NJ area.

Thanks.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,417
    I'm interested in the same information as "croatbag." 2013 Tiguan SE w/ sunroof & navigation. 36 months/10 K per year.

Thanks as always in advance for your help! It is very much appreciated!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

You're welcome fourizonly007.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi croatbag. VW Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Tiguan SE with sunroof and 12,000 miles per year are .00030 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

As a reminder, Volkswagen is waiving the first month's payment on leases this month.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello mazmia. Volkswagen Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan S FWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00008 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I believe that the numbers for the AWD model would be the same. The lease program for 42-month leases of this truck looks much worse in my opinion.

There is currently a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this model, but Volkswagen is not waiving the first payment on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey nyccarguy. How have you been? I hope that everything is going well and that you didn't get hit too hard by the storm.

Scroll back a few posts for the information that you're looking for. VW Credit's 10,000 mile per year residual value is 1% higher than its 12,000 mile per year residual.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey carman. All is very well, thanks for asking. A 50' pine tree fell on my house and did some minor damage (small hole in the roof, small hole in the siding in the attic). Nobody got hurt & I'm very fortunate compared to most others.

Thanks for the info. I'll pass the numbers along to my friend who is Tiguan shopping.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• jenshap3jenshap3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man, I am hoping you can provide me some guidance. I am a city person that has depended on zipcar and is ready to make the leap into a Tiguan. My husband and I both have great credit. We want to lease the car from a dealer in Cherry Hill, NJ, but live in Philadelphia (19147). We want to get the SE with 4 motion, GPS, and Sunroof. Can you help us figure out what we should expect to pay, what are the right questions to ask and what is the best time to lease?

The dealer gave us ballpark numbers. All the numbers are based on 10k miles and include all taxes, title, fees, etc.

$1K down/$373 month; $1.5k down/ $361 month; $2k down/ $349 month

We greatly appreciate any information you can provide!
  • genereauxgenereaux Member Posts: 3
    Help! I have never leased a car before and am quite confused by the whole process. I am trying to figure out what lease payments might be on the car I have recently had quoted. From what I have gathered from what I have read here, rate lease money factor, residual value and number of miles seem to be factors.

Here is what I know so far:
    MSRP on car is $31,100
    Sales price offered is $29,746
    My sales tax rate is 7.75
    I am hoping to get 15,000/year
    I can put $5,000 down but not sure if I should or not...
    I have top tier credit

Can someone help me figure out my lease payments with and without this down payment?

I see you mention a .00030 rate and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier....but not sure I know what this means.

Thanks very much! :)
    You're very welcome, nyccarguy. I'm glad that all is OK. You're right, anyone who didn't lose anything significant in that terrible storm was very blessed. I'm glad to hear that you and your family are OK.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jenshap3. I have friends who live in Philly and use ZipCar all the time. Apparently it works pretty well, though I'm sure it's not as convenient as owning your own vehicle. It's the parking expense that will get you :).

It sounds like you are relatively new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

You can find the pricing data that you need over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Tiguan SE 4Motion with 10,000 miles per year are .00030 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is currently waiving the first month's payment, but not providing any other cash incentives on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • marc63082marc63082 Member Posts: 18
    Recently quoted $36,300 for 2013 Tiguan SEL, 4 Motion, Rubber Mats, & trailer hitch (including destination). 42 month lease with 12K per annum.

Down Payment of Tax of $1,675
    MF.0007
    Payment of $395 per month

Thoughts? Anyone know what the damage waiver is on a leased VW Tiguan? Thoughts on it being out of warranty for 6 months?
    after a few weeks of email negotiations & weeding out a lot of garbage, my friend took delivery of her candy white/black Tiguan SE w/ 4Motion, Sunroof, & Navigation. 36 months/10K per year. $399.85 per month including $625 bank fee & 8.875% NYC sales tax rolled into the payment. Only DMV fees due @ signing.

Overall an excellent buying experience from Platinum VW in Hicksville, NY (Long Island)

Well I did not hear back but have gone ahead and leased the car anyways...$29,153....($32,260 MSRP) with 5K down...$244 payments for 42 mos at 12,000 miles. Lease buyout is at $17,743....not sure if I did well or not. Thoughts anyone?
  • marc63082marc63082 Member Posts: 18
    Not a bad deal. However, putting $5K down is
    crazy. If anything happens to that car you lose that money!
    Now you tell me! I have never leased before so this is all new turf...I did that so I could keep my payment low...and i figured I would get $5K from selling my old car. Thanks for responding! :)
  • ace51ace51 Member Posts: 20
    Hi Car_man

Can you please tell me the MF and residual for a 2013 Tiguan S 4motion? I'd need the number for 10k, 12k and 15k miles if possible. You mentioned that the first payment would be waived, does that apply to any Tiguan? Thank you very very much in advance!
    That's great, nyccarguy. Thanks for taking the time to stop back and let us know how everything turned out. That's a good deal. I hope that she enjoys her new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ace51. Volkswagen Credit's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Tiguan S 4Motion with 15,000 miles per year are .00015 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher. The 10k residual would be 3% higher.

Yes the "Sign Then Drive" payment waiver offer is indeed available on all 2013 Tiguan models.

Car_man
    Host
  • jpdentenhjpdentenh Member Posts: 1
    ? - is this a good offer: Tiguan SE w/Sunroof & Nav. etc..Dealer has MSRP @ $34,360 with sale price of $32,500 - I would pay taxes & title & doc fee up front ...total is $3,125 out of pocket for that... FOR 42 months = $385 & FOR 36 months =$ 420- both include 15,000 miles per year. I was curious as to if this is a good lease offer? I would have never considerd 42 months before but dealer says alot of people are taking 42 months etc...
  • taupiztaupiz Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man, any idea what the January money factor and residual value for a 36 or 42-month lease of a 2013 Tiguan SEL with 12,000 miles per year might be?
    Thank you.
    Hi taupiz. Volkswagen isn't scheduled to introduce its new January programs until some time tomorrow. I'll need a couple of days to find everything out. Please feel free to post a reminder in this discussion for me later this week and I'll gladly give you an update of what I have been able to find out.

Car_man
    Host
  • jc_hillsjc_hills Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    Hello,

Am I reading correctly the money factor number? Reading some BMW posts I see that it is around .00130 , but now that I am reading the VW it is an additional 0 Zero, meaning .00030 which brings it down significantly. So for a BMW the rate is about 3% and with WV less than 1%?

Thank you!
  • jake134jake134 Member Posts: 1
    Looking for 2013 VW Tiguan 4WD auto SE with sunroof and Nav, 24 and 36 month residual, 10k and 12k miles per year.Thanks.
  • jessy1jessy1 Member Posts: 13
    HELP!
    I want to lease a tiguan SE 4 motion with sunroof and navigation. 36 months, 12 k per yr. I can work with 10 if it comes down to it because I am feeling desperate.
    I am bad with numbers and no one is helping me. I have also learned from past leases that focusing on only monthly payments and not the residual at end of lease was stupid. Can someone calculate what I should be paying/a fair price for em? I would be so grateful! I can't do all these confusing math problems.
    Also it is freezing and snowy in Boston and end of month so I would like a decent deal.
    Thank you so much.
    -Jessica, carless in MA
    That is indeed correct, jc_hills. In many cases, Volkswagen's money factors are significantly lower than BMW's.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for jake134. Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Tiguan SE 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00016 and 64% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00016 and 57%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this vehicle's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Jessica. I would be happy to work up a lease payment on this vehicle for you. You never mentioned what selling price you are shooting for, so I will have to make an assumption.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 Tiguan SE 4Motion with sunroof and navigation that has an MSRP of $31,925 and a selling price of $31,000 through VW Credit right now for 36-months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $364, assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier.

This should give you an idea of what sort of pre-tax payment to shoot for. Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • rnatalie10rnatalie10 Member Posts: 4
    Hi - looking at my first lease deal. I think I've done my homework but would love to know thoughts of those more experienced...including recommended negotiation points. According to dealer, this is for January (1 day left) only. Here's the detail for a 2013 Tiguan SEL. Many thanks!!!

MSRP = 36,235
    Adjusted Cap Cost = 33,951
    Money Fator = .00016
    Term = 36mo/12K
    $0 down
    Residual = 55%
    Monthly Payment = $398 (plus tax = $426)
    Hi - wanted to report back, wound up with a little better deal once they officially pulled credit and because I conceded to taking the silver one off the lot (vs ordering a black one)

Can't recall all exact components but here's some info:

Tiguan SEL
    Money factor .00001. (Offered something about dealer buying points for high credit?)
    Residual 57% (not sure, just remember it went up from prior)
    Price 31,900 (not sure again, don't have papers in front of me)

$345 month ($370 after tax)
    0 down
    1st month paid, so 35 payments

12k/36m

I didn't see a better deal so I signed. Best offer from another dealer was $465/month with 2,000 down. Joke.

Had an amazing dealer experience.

Also, I stumbled into these forums because I was curious abt credit scores needed for leases. When I checked mine, it was equifax and good but vw used transunion which returned higher and allowed for a better money factor. Best of luck to all around. PM me if you are in the mkt for a 2006 A4 (ne fl).

:shades:
    That looks like a great deal... Is that FWD or AWD?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks - FWD
  • talon4x4talon4x4 Member Posts: 21
    edited February 2013
    The lease on my CC will be expiring in a couple of months and I'm looking to get a Tiguan. CarMan can you give me the info I need for February? (ie. money factor, residual, incentives, etc)

I also received a $500 coupon for attending and speaking to a VW rep at the local new car show. How would that factor in here?? Also, how are the options (mats, climatronic, passenger seat) figured in? Are those added to the cap cost? I added them to it in my numbers below. What about the destination fee? Is it figured in to the MSRP or just something I can pay at signing?

Here is the vehicle I found that I would like to lease. I will be doing a 3yr lease with 10k miles/year.

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan 4WD 4dr Auto SE w/Sunroof & Nav - Wild Cherry Metallic
    -floor mats
    -Climatronic
    -manual passenger seat

Here's where I'm at so far. If I use January's info (58% residual and MF .00016) and I'm going to be shooting for the True Market Value I found on Edmunds which is $31,458 + $241 (climatronic) + $185 (Tiguan mat kit) - $150 (manual passenger seat) + $825 (destination fee) = $32,606.

With those numbers in mind I figured the cap cost should be $31,734. With a money factor of .00016 and residual of 58% I should have a pre-tax payment of $351.73 for 36 months ($382.51 w/tax). I'd only like to pay the destination and 1st payment at signing which would be $1207.51

None of this includes the $500 coupon I have because I didn't know where it factored in.

Does this sound feasible?

Thanks!!
  • chillyalchillyal Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    Hi everyone,

Looking to get my daughter her first car. I would like to lease the vw tiguan with the 2.0t SE no sunroof or nav. 36 months. They want me to put 1900 down and 365/month tax included and it comes with 12,000 miles. Great credit. Am I getting robbed? Thx in advance
This discussion has been closed.