Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Highlander Hybrid Dash & Instrumentation Questions

jldavisjldavis Member Posts: 8
I just had my first oil change, and the EZ Lube people could not figure out how to get the alert to go away. We tried the maintenance screen (putting in miles/dates), and I also found something in the manual that said if you pressed the trip odomoter button for awhile it would clear the alert, but no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• rsh545rsh545 Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2006 HH with 14000 miles on it it now rattles on the left side of the dash above the coin tray. I have removed the coin tray and the rattle has not gone away. Has anyone else had this problem? I would like to know before I take it back the the dealer that will give me an uneducated answer.
  • pslevinpslevin Member Posts: 1
    Perhaps a coin or two jumped into the dash?
  • rodonnellrodonnell Member Posts: 37
    Depending on the model/year of your vehicle. It will be in the book, however generally you set the display so it shows the odometer, turn off the key, then turn it back on while pressing the "trip odometer reset" button. Computer will put the display into the maintenance reminder reset mode. Should only take a few seconds.
  • jldavisjldavis Member Posts: 8
    Thanks, that did the trick!
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    Yesterday for about 30 minutes in 30 degree weather there was a squeek / vibration noise coming from the top front part of the driver side door. Quite annoying. I stopped, played with the window, moulding and anything I could and it persisted. Today I heard nothing. Have any of you have this noise pop up on a newer HH?
  • monte8monte8 Member Posts: 75
    "Yesterday for about 30 minutes in 30 degree weather there was a squeek / vibration noise coming from the top front part of the driver side door. Quite annoying. I stopped, played with the window, moulding and anything I could and it persisted. Today I heard nothing. Have any of you have this noise pop up on a newer HH?"

Yes, I have the same sort of problem on a 2008 HH. It is intermittent. I have not been able to pinpoint the source.
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    My squeek only lasted that one trip and I have not been able to repeat it since. I pounded around on the door edges hoping to firm any clips (assuming there are any). Don't know if it helped or it just went away.

That's the ONLY issue I've had. Love the HH.
  • danny27danny27 Member Posts: 1
    I have an 08HH The rattle is in the defroster vent and only occurs in cold weather, it was supposedly fixed by the dealer. Some kind of foam was applied, but it only lasted a very short time. I guess I'll have to wait until winter to get it diagnosed again, because they don't hear it now. I also get a slight clunking noise when accelerating and braking. It seems like the brake pads are shifting back and forth, the dealer is clueless. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  • karynnguyenkarynnguyen Member Posts: 2
    I was told there is a new or update disc for the GPS which costs $199. Did anyone get this and if so, did it really update new streets/roads? I have a 2006 HH and live in Virginia. I want to see if it's really worth getting it. Thanks.
  • sandollarsandollar Member Posts: 1
    2009 Highlander Hybrid. When I press the recirculating air button to inside air it clicks off after a few minutes to the outside air position.
    One service tech said it was to prevent icing on the coils. This makes no sense since it happens when the a/c is on or heater is on or fan only is on.

Can anyone help?