Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Price and Deals on 2008 XK Coupe

imrnetimrnet Member Posts: 5
edited April 2014 in Jaguar
I am interested in buying a 2008 XK Coupe. With the luxury package, the retail is about$80k. Can anyone, who recently purchased this model, advise on whether the dealers are agressively dealing on this model? If so, what can I expect? Thank you.

Comments

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,732
    I look forward to any responses to your query. May be tough, though. In the Boston area, there are only a handful of '08 new XKs for sale and only two coupes. Carsdirect.com, for my zip code, lists MSRP.

FWIW, on ebaymotors.com, I saw an '08 white coupe w/~600 miles on the odo and an $82k msrp with a buy it now price of $68k. In Florida, not a Jag dealer, though. Assume it was legit...?

I wonder if inventory is low due to the sale/transition to Tata? Or are they building more XF? Which, I believe, deals are becoming more available.

I too, want an XK coupe, but, stupid stock market... :sick: :mad:

Keep posting as you go through the buying process, please.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• imrnetimrnet Member Posts: 5
    In the Socal area, the best deal so far is about $73k. I'm going to keep looking around for a better deal. Can't believe with the current gas price and stock market that there'd be alot of buyers wanting to spend this much. I could be wrong but I'm in no hurry.

Thanks for the info.
    Hello: It's been a while, but any updates on your XK coupe hunt? Gas prices have come down, but not nearly as much as my net worth... :cry: :sick:

Using Ebay, Autotrader and Cars.com, it's hard to even find any '08 XK coupes...

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

The best deal I got was $73k over the internet. I believe that there are better deals now. With the stock market crashing, the luxury cars (or any for that matter) are not moving. A couple have offered 0% interest financing. However,I have not gone to any dealers personally, but I suspect that there are very good deals out there. How about you? Have you been shopping and seen any good deals?
    Window shopping only given my deflated cash situation...

There's a dealer in NYC that offers "internet pricing" (Manhattan Jaguar), usually $6-7k off of msrp. Plus an internet coupon pops up for an additional $1k off your best deal when you visit the site.

I'll keep my eyes open, but I'll probably be looking for a used (cpo) '08 coupe as I'm thinking could probably get a decent example in the $50s next year. But, it's not 2001 anymore... :sick:

• njafnjaf Member Posts: 3
    Was looking at 07 and up xk's and xk-r's. Looks like deals are avail. Went to test drive an 09 coupe, and the dealer here in VA offered a price of 76 k on the 09 coupe, he had two 08 convertibles (new) an xk for 68k and an xk-r for 77 (sticker over 100k).

I actually am considering two cars--07 xk ebony/caramel with 20in sentas and 18k miles offered at 49k, vs. an 08 xk-r porcelain/ivory with 13k miles offered for 68,900. both coupes. Just offered the 08 guy $58. We'll see.
    I finally bought an 08 XKR in December. $100k sticker but got it for $83k. Has 20" Senta wheels. Looks like even better deals now. Should have waited but fell in love with the color and wanted to beat the state tax increase in CA. Go for it. It's a great car that just received better reliability rating than Lexus and Toyata (two very reliable cars).
  • njafnjaf Member Posts: 3
    I think the dealers are scared due to the economy. What color did you get? I am still waiting on the response, but feel pretty confident I can get this car around 65ish.
This discussion has been closed.