Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buying Suzuki SX4 Factory XM Radio Option

mtonolemtonole Member Posts: 1
edited August 2014 in Suzuki
Is there any reason to pay $400.00 to add the XM Radio to the SX4 Crossover instead of getting one from Best Buy for example?

Any difference in sound quality?

Any way that it might mess up part of the warranty?

(I know this was brought up in the options post a few discussions below, but I want to know about the XM Radio specifically and am signing the papers tomorrow!

Comments

• donaldt1donaldt1 Member Posts: 2
    I have just bought a 2009 SX4 Crossover. while I was getting my windows tinted I asked the accessories shop about there "XM moduals", he contacted his dealer and was told there is no after market unit available for the Suzuki. the accessories guy told me it would run abot $150.00 to $200.00 if the could get one of these. calling 3 different Suzuki dealers in my area I got price quotes of $399.95 and one shop jacks up all there accessore prices told me $465.00. I'm going to wait a bit for the aftermarket unit. :D
  • tkak1tkak1 Member Posts: 1
    Have there been any updates to XM radio systems that can be purchased from places like Best Buy that might work in the SX4? I was looking at the Audiovox model for XM radio ready car stereos. Does anyone know if this will work in the SX4?
  • katec810katec810 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2009 sx4 at a Ford dealer and was told that there was satellite radio in the car - and it said as much on the sticker - "Satellite Radio" - NOT "Satellite Radio Ready" - but when I tried to get it activated I was told by the XM Sirius people that I don't have the tuner and will have to buy one - either an external one or the $400 install at a Suzuki dealer. I think this is fraudulent. I would have bargained with the dealer - take $400 off so I can buy the unit - if I had known this. I registered a complaint with Suzuki about it - I'm sure it will come to naught.
This discussion has been closed.