Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Lincoln MKS Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810
edited May 2016 in Lincoln
Ask your MKS lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• mksownermksowner Member Posts: 5
    43.5k w/ultimate package. Lease terms 53% residual value, 1.5 money factor and 10.5k miles/year.
  • sunshine26sunshine26 Member Posts: 5
    Am interested in what would be competitive selling price, residual and money factor for a 2009 MKS w/ultimate pakage....36 months and 15K miles
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Good morning sunshine26 :). Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Lincoln MKS 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 51%, respectively. As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rate into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing it by 2400.

I personally am not all that familiar with what the market is like for the MKS right now, but given how terrible the current environment for auto sales is in the U.S. I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice and see what happens. Make sure to stop by the "Lincoln MKS Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for this car lately.

Good luck and make sure to let us know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • demarcomdemarcom Member Posts: 5
    Hello Car Man!!! Looking for Lincoln MKS 2wd w/Ultimate 15k per year 36 month or so... lease factors for November... Very similar to SUnshine26's request. Thanks!!!
  • bobsokolerbobsokoler Member Posts: 4
    I just ordered an MKS with an MSRP of 44,180... invoice price 41178. With tax, title, etc.. and $5000 down my lease will be 526 a month. I'm not sure if I got a good deal or not.
    Hi demarcom. I believe that Lincoln extended its lease program on the MKS through November 18th. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Lincoln MKS 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 51%, respectively. As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bobsokoler. I see that you are considering making a $5,000 down payment on the MKS that you are interested in leasing. I always advise consumers not to make large down payments when leasing. Those who do risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though your monthly payment will be higher, it would be much safer to go with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • mlad11mlad11 Member Posts: 19
    Just got a lease on an awd with ultimate pkg. 10500 a year 36 mos. Only put taxes, fee's and first month down and am paying $485 a month. Compared to the shopping around this seems to be a good deal.
  • fituso09fituso09 Member Posts: 4
    I am intrested in a 36 month 10500k lease
    and was wondering what current people are paying with current Residuals and Money Factors
    Thanks
    Hi fituso09. According to the latest information that I have seen, Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Lincoln MKS 2WD with 10,500 miles per year are 4.5% and 53%, respectively.

As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
  • Zack99Zack99 Member Posts: 8
    Thank you for your response. Does 12k a year change the residual value.
    In addition, does a 39 month lease change the money factor or residual.
    Thank you.
  • geo111geo111 Member Posts: 1
    Feels like I'm one of the few people in the country looking into this car. Tried two dealers so far with different prices:
    10,500/miles Ultimate pkg FWD for 585/mo + taxes and fees
    12000/miles base model w/moonroof AWD for 540/mo + taxes and fees
    Both are 39 month leases- both seem high given the slow economy- any comments would be appreciated, I am new to leasing.
    You're very welcome, Zack99. Yes, mileage allowance does have an impact upon vehicles' residual values. Ford Credit's 12,000 mile per year residuals are 2% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals. Its 10,500 mile per year resids are 3% higher than the 15k resids.

Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 Lincoln MKS 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.0% and 48%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome geo111. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the best way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to negotiate the lowest possible selling price on the vehicle that you want and then have the dealer calculate its monthly payment using its base lease rate. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how much of a dealer discount you are being given and thus how good a deal you are getting. I would be happy to give you my opinion of these deals if you let me know what the selling prices are.

Car_man
    Host
  • jmanerikjmanerik Member Posts: 3
    I heard Lincoln just released new lease programs. I am interested in MKS in Michigan with 12000 Miles per year, 36 Months lease with only 1000 down. I would appreciate if anybody can provide any info regarding the lease pricing. Thanks.
    Hi jmanerik. To the best of my knowledge Lincoln has not recently enhanced its slease program on the MKS. I'll make some calls to double check that is the case.

According to the latest info that I have seen, Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Lincoln MKS 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.75% and 50%, respectively.

If you provide me with the MSRP and approximate selling price of the car that you are interested in I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • daresqdaresq Member Posts: 1
    Please advise if these are good lease terms: 2009 mks awd w/ultimate pkg, msrp $46,070, lease end value 22,574; initial cap cost - 43, 678 - adjusted cap with tax, license and acq fee is $44,268. APR 3.25%. monthly lease amount $646.26. mileage is 12,000 and lease for 39 months. dealer in baltimore maryland.

Also, arguing with dealer that conquest rebate of $1,000 does apply to lincoln lease but they say only sale. please help!
  • madlockmadlock Member Posts: 42
    Anyone who chose to lease at the end of 2008 or beginning of 2009 ought to thank their lucky stars they did so at that time. Residual values have since been under such tremendous pressure from the spate of highly-subsidized vehicle purchases made during Q2/09 that virtually no new vehicle's residual value exceeds 50-55% @ 24 months or 40-44% @ 36. Virtually every vehicle in the $45-$50K range (MSRP) is falling at about $750 with even the most liberal cap cost incentives and promotional interest rates.

What were once considered to be "reasonable" terms will are only like to exist during the rarest of curcumstances when manufacturers face unprecedented gluts in the pipe and until both the size of the dealer network is corrected to meet the new market size and the supply of quality used vehicles becomes exhausted.

The days of leasing being a lower payment alternative to purchasing or a way customers can presume to move-up a vehicle class are gone for the foreseeable future. The best vehicle terms will be the first group of pre-driven 2011's to show up on lots.
  • rlsrljrlsrlj Member Posts: 13
    I leased my 2009 MKS back in March for $528.00 a month 12,000 miles a year for 39 months. No money down,...just a sign and drive with navigation, sunroof/moonroof-it's loaded! The vehicle has just 10,000 miles with around 30 months left in the lease. I have decided the MKS is just more car than I need...would love for someone to take over the lease. I will have the car delivered to your location. The car is just like new. I do not smoke and it has been garage kept. Send me a note at rlsrlj@aol.com if your are interested!
  • scgunner15scgunner15 Member Posts: 5
    Carman

I was looking at ordering an MKS to lease as a replacement to our 2007 expedition. I was wondering if you might know if there are any regular rebates or lease loyalty rebates available. Also wondering what the residuals and money factors are on 24 & 36 month leases. Here is what I am looking at: 2010 MKS AWD MSRP $44,780 Invoice 41,247 I believe I can buy the car at 500 over invoice.

Thanks in advance.

Josh
    Hi Josh. Ford Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Lincoln MKS AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 3.5% and 54%, respectively.

I don't believe that Ford is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is looking to speak to a recent buyer of a Lincoln vehicle. Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by Tuesday, October 13, 2009.

Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• scgunner15scgunner15 Member Posts: 5
    Car_man

Thank you very much for the info, I have a couple more questions for you if you could get the info.

1) What would be the money factor and residual for the MKS AWD 15k / year on a 24 month lease.

2) Is there a difference on the money factors and residuals for the ecoboost?

Thanks

Josh
    You're welcome Josh. Ford Credit's October base lease rate for a 27 month lease (it is currently running its specials for 27 months, instead of 24) of a 2010 Lincoln MKS AWD is 2.25%.

The addition of Ecoboost doesn't seem to have any impact upon this car's lease rates, but I believe that it increases its residual values by 1%.

Car_man
    Host
  • ramizhramizh Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys, I sold my Cadillac CTS 2008 and I just bought the MKS, but the dealer here (Dubai) is very bad, there's no navigation system in it, i told them that i need one with navigation system/Microsoft sync..but they said sorry..we can't get you one..then i asked them to help me to find where they sale the original system...again they told me that they don't know where to get it from..
    I was searching the net looking for the original navigation system for my MKS, hoping that someone can help me here.

Thank you all.
  • 10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    Can you provide the current Ford Credit base lease rate for a 24 month lease with 12k per year ?
    Hey 10sfan. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 Lincoln MKS 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.25% and 61%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • madradmadrad Member Posts: 32
    Hello Car man...my Infiniti lease finishes up June 24. Want to give the MKS a good look. I've seen you refer to base lease rate and money factor--how do those relate? Do you have any idea yet as to MF and residuals for 2011 MKS, eco-boost, AWD, 12K year, 24 month lease? Your info really helped me get a good deal on the Infiniti 2 years ago. Many thanks in advance.
  • msbuzz1msbuzz1 Member Posts: 2
    There is a banner add on this web page for the 2010 mks fwd for $499 a month and $2,093 due at signing*. Any in depth information on this would be greatly appreciated.(My local dealer in Maine claims to know nothing about this deal)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810
    I don't know for sure...

But, I clicked on the ad... and tried various zip codes...

The only zips that showed the lease deal were in Michigan... :surprise:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• msbuzz1msbuzz1 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply......

I just saw the same ad on hgtv and natgeotv so I tried a few zip codes and new haven conn. and white plains ny both showed the lease deal.

Does anyone know for sure what the residency restrictions if any are?

I'm going to call a few dealers in the am and post my findings.
  • loudubeloudube Member Posts: 7
    What would be the money factor and residual for the MKS AWD 15k / year on a 24 month lease?

Do you know if any additonal incentives are available for a 2012?

Thanks,
    Lou
  • searvy1searvy1 Member Posts: 21
    edited May 2016
    What is the money factor and residual for a MKS AWD Ecoboost? 15' and 16' @ 10.5k/36. North Las Vegas, NV 89031. Thank you!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810
    searvy1 said:

What is the money factor and residual for a MKS AWD Ecoboost? 15' and 16' @ 10.5k/36. North Las Vegas, NV 89031. Thank you!

47% and 52% residual.

Residuals are the only info we have on Lincoln

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator