Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Odyssey VIN Locations

lpage2lpage2 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in Honda
I recently had some suspension work done (on my 02 Odyssey) by a 'friend with a connection' and I got the van back, not only is the rattle noise still there, but the engine looks brand new. He told me that they gave me an engine shampoo and an oil change too, all for $400. Including shocks & struts all around. I took it to a 'real' mechanic shop and he opened the hood for a minute, I noticed the bar code is scratched off the engine. (didn't mention it to the mechanic at the time.)

Just wondering if there's a way to make sure this is in fact my engine, or if I should be contacting the police about my 'friend'.

Thank you.

Comments

• cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    What do you mean by "bar code?" Just a paper sticker?

The engine number is given on your original window (price) sticker. Mine, for example, ia given as J35A7-1048120. NONE of those numbers correspond with anything in my VIN. Not sure where the number is stamped on the engine block.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    VIN No., Engine and Tranny Numbers ...

• lpage2lpage2 Member Posts: 2
    yes, just the paper sticker on the side of the engine. I never noticed it even on there before, but I haven't really looked under the hood that much. (yes...I'm a girl! lol) ;)

So should the VIN, engine # and tranny match somehow? Thanks for posting that picture.
  • bobr11bobr11 Member Posts: 1
    How to replace shift light bulb on 07 ody? Thanks, Bob PS The one under the shifter.
This discussion has been closed.