Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Odometer Conversion imperial/metric

ralizraliz Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Honda
I have a 2008 CR-V. Has anyone converted the odometer from Imperial to Metric?

Comments

• blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    I have a spare metric gauge cluster for Gen 2 and 2.5. Probably won't fit Gen 3.
  • hjanzenhjanzen Member Posts: 2
    You indicate you have a spare metric gauge cluster - I imagine this means a Canadian cluster, and one which would fit my 2006 CRV? What is involved in converting my US cluster to your metric cluster, and how much would it cost me?
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    You would have to remove the US cluster and plug in the Canadian cluster.

Here is a picture of it.

• hjanzenhjanzen Member Posts: 2
    I'd like to know if this cluster is made to fit a 2006 CRV. What model year did it come from? I do notice it has only metric numbers on it, while Canadian models have both metric and US. Realistically, how much is involved in removing my US cluster and replacing it with this one - I mean in terms of total costs? Will any modifications need to be made in order to plug it in, or after I plug it in so that everything on the cluster becomes functional? Will my odometer reading automatically convert to kilometers? Will the temperature display in Celcius? You can email me directly at helmut@avisar.ca - thanks!
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    email me directly at ...

Let's keep the discussion here. To do otherwise deprives other members of valuable information and tends to defeat the purpose of a Forum. :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • octoberskyoctobersky Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone accomplished a CRV import yet? Two questions ... does the U.S. made Honda CRV have :

1] a built in imperial/metric toggle for the speedometer?

2] daytime running lights?

3] an electronic immobilization system?

Thanks for the help.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    To answer your questions

(1) I think most speedometers have a small ring to indictae the Metric KmPH. Just the MPH ring is larger.
    If there is no toggle for speedometer
    I think this company can convert the cluster speedo face from metric to imperial or vice versa... D&D Instruments
    http://www.ddinstruments.com/remanufactured-ic-clusters

(2) & (3) Both are standard features in the US
    visit : http://automobiles.honda.com/cr-v/specifications.aspx

Note : Honda Canada won't honor standard bumper-to-bumper warranty on imported USA Honda. Guess you have to buy the warranty again.
  • octoberskyoctobersky Member Posts: 2
    Thanks BD. That helps.

Cheers
This discussion has been closed.