Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo C30 Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,826
Ask your C30 lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• fasanfamilyfasanfamily Member Posts: 9
    Any one know what the MF and residual are on the C30 currently?
  • fuzzydicefuzzydice Member Posts: 9
    bump
  • lamusiclamusic Member Posts: 28
    BUMP!!
  • jackforettejackforette Member Posts: 19
    BUMP!!!
  • fuzzydicefuzzydice Member Posts: 9
    BUMP!!!!
  • die4valordie4valor Member Posts: 31
    any idea when dealers will be getting the 2009's in stock? no dealer tell me the same thing. the addition of more standard features to the R and package options makes the 09 a much better buy.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi fasanfamily. Unfortunately, Volvo is not currently running a special lease program on the C30. As a result, if you were to lease one through Volvo Finance, you would have to use its standard lease program...which is absolutely terrible. Volvo Ffinance's standard buy rate lease money factor is currently a whopping .00454. This is equivalent to an interest rate of nearly 10.9% :surprise: . They obviously don't want to lease this car to anyone.

You could lease one through an independent bank instead, if one is willing to step up to the plate, but independent banks have slowly been cutting back on leasing. Volvo is currently providing a $1,750 cash incentive on on C30 1.0 models and $2,250 on C30 2.0 models that are leased through independent banks.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • khan95osukhan95osu Member Posts: 26
    went into MAG Volvo in Columbus Ohio... residual of just 46%, MF of .00234 I believe... but $31,000 loaded c30R leased out at 665/mo for 36/36,000 with 1st mo payment only.

Those numbers should yield 620/mo with the tax and fees rolled in so im not sure where the extra 45 went.... but its still insanely expensive for a 31,000 car. you can get a 44000 g37 for mid 5's.

He tried to suggest the 46% was "pretty good for a 36 month lease".

I said thanks, mentioned the price was absurd, and left.
  • jackforettejackforette Member Posts: 19
    I agree completely. My local Volvo of Charlotte quoted me a lease of $485/month on a 3 year lease for a $28k C30 and I just turned in an Infiniti G35 lease and that payment was only $470 on a 2 year lease with same terms as the C30 and the G35 was $9k more than the Volvo's MSRP. No wonder Volvo is doing horribly. You can get an Infiniti G35 loaded for a lower monthly lease price than a far from loaded C30 and the C30 is 2 classes below the G35 and $9k less expensive. The G35 blows its doors off in performance, luxury, handling, interior room, reliability, dealer service...you name it. Volvo is out to lunch.
  • rhett78rhett78 Member Posts: 22
    Does anyone have the money factor & residuals currently available for the C30's?
  • louiseamberlouiseamber Member Posts: 9
    Hey car_man,

I'm looking into leasing and '09 Volvo C30 T5 base model. I know that Volvo is currently running a special offer on the car - do you have any information on the money factor and residual Volvo is currently using? I'm looking at a 36 or 39 month lease, 10,000 miles/yr. Any information you have would be great.

Also - do you know any January dealer incentives on the C30?
    Hi louiseamber. Here's the information that you're interested in. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 C30 T5 with 10,000 miles per year are .00216 and 51%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease on this car are .00274 and 49%.

Volvo is currently providing $1,000 dealer cash on this car, which I believe is compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • 03minidrvr03minidrvr Member Posts: 6
    Hello Car man,
    I have to thank you for all the excellent advice and information on these forums! I'm new to leasing and it's been really helpful to read through this stuff.

This forum looks a bit old, but I thought I'd try to revive it - My question is on the C30 - Do you happen to have the money factor and residual factor (am I saying that correctly?) for a 36 month lease on a Volvo C30 R-Design with Preferred and Climate package (is that relevant?), and 15K miles?

Also, are there any rebates or incentives out there right now for C30s? I could not find any...

Thanks!
    You're very welcome, 03minidrvr. Thank you for the kind words :blush: .

Here's the information that you're looking for. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2010 Volvo C30 R-Design through US Bank right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value would be .00204 and 46%, respectively.

I believe that Volvo is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on this car that is compatible with the above lease program.

I assumed that you are interested in the 2010 model, but I believe that the 2011 is already available at dealers or it will be very soon. Let me know if you want the info for the '11.

Car_man
    Host
  • bruinforever3bruinforever3 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

I'm new to the forum and this is awesome! I'm trying to decide between the 2011 C30, 2010 S40 (S40 forum is pretty dead) and Audi A3? What are your thoughts?
    I'm looking for 36 months, 15K. I currently drive a S40 so I would qualify for $500 lease incentive. My lease is over in a week now, I would really appreciate your response. I've gotten some quotes but I've left them at work. Thank you in advance.
  • bruinforever3bruinforever3 Member Posts: 2
    I live in LA, btw.
    Thanks bruinforever3. Of the three vehicles that you mentioned, my favorite is probably the Audi A3. Not only do I like the A3 the best as a vehicle, but its lease program is the best of these vehicles as well.

According to the latest information that I have seen, 2011 C30's program for a 36 month, 15,000 mile per year lease is .00234 and 54%. Compare that to .00008 and 51% for a '10 A3 2.0T Premium 2WD.

Car_man
    Host
  • cruiser54cruiser54 Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

Does anyone have current money factors and residuals on a 2011 Volvo C-30 @ 36 months and 15k a year?

Many thanks
  • autoboy19autoboy19 Member Posts: 155
    cruiser54,

The information you are looking for is as follows. Residual is 54% for 36 months and 15k miles per year, and money factor is .00232.
  • meg28401meg28401 Member Posts: 1
    Hi - I was wondering how Volvo's current lease offer of 279/36 months can be used when you have a a trim level above the "basic" one. My local dealer has a t5r that had been a "demonstrator" and it has ~1000mi on it. The MSRP is 33000 and they are listing it for 30,000. It has the "climate package" and the "preferred package". I don't care about the preferred but I do like the air filtration of the climate package. I like the car but if it has 1000 miles on it then should their price come down a little more. For tax reasons - I would prefer to lease but I should establish the price first, right?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge in this arena and thanks in advance for your help!
  • cosmic_guycosmic_guy Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2011
    Well not sure if I got "taken for a ride" but please provide your opinion.

C30R 3 year/36K miles
    MSRP: 29,075.00
    Price agreed: 26,279.00
    Fee's tacked on after. bank aq fee, dealer fees, etc.
    1000.00 out of pocket covering 1st month tax, tag, title.
    425.00 tax included. residual was 54% MF: .00230.

Did I get played? Apparently the sales guy displayed a form advising me that it showed a VERY small profit but now wondering if this was bs or did I really play my cards right?
  • cosmic_guycosmic_guy Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2011
    Can the post above please be validated. I am being eaten from the inside out just wondering about it, and at the same time a bit upset expecting a negative advisory possibly.

Thank you!
  • gforce11gforce11 Member Posts: 225
    Your C30 was quite expensive. It's a not a very good lease since your MF is very high (0.00230 is about an interest rate of 5.52%). The residual value is fair and so is the sale price. There are better/cheaper options at your price range. However, if you are fixed on having a C30, buying would have probably made more sense since the interest is only 2.9%.
  • mjg518mjg518 Member Posts: 5
    Car_man,

Do you have the March rates for the C30 R-design Premium Plus for 36 and 48 months with 15k miles per year?

Thank you
    Hi mjg518. Volvo's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 C30 R-Design Premier Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00092 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00147 and 43%.

Car_man
    Host
  • dps06dps06 Member Posts: 89
    Carman,

Could you provide me with the lease rates for both the 2012 and 2013 C30 Premier Plus T-5 and C30 Premier Plus R-design for 10K miles per year and 36 months.

Thanks.
    Greetings dps06. I've heard that Volvo's August lease program is the same as its July lease program was. US Bank's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 C30 Premier Plus T5 with 10,000 miles per year are .00178 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are .00103 and 55%.

The numbers the C30 R-Design are the same.

Car_man
    Host
  • gm130gm130 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,

Could you provide the lease numbers for the following vehicles?

C30 T-5 Polestar Premier Plus

C30 T-5 R-design Premier Plus

C30 T-5 Premier Plus

All for 24 and 36 months with 10k miles per year.

Thank you
    Season's Greetings gm130.

Volvo Finance's (yes they're back and Volvo is using them as its captive finance company now instead of US Bank) December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 C30 T5 Premier Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00115 and 65% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease of this car are .00115 and 54%.

The money factors for the R-Design model are the same, but its residual values are 2% lower.

I'm not sure what the low mileage adder is for 10k leases through Volvo Finance yet, but I suspect that it's 3%.

Car_man
    Host
  • ubuntu1ubuntu1 Member Posts: 13
    Volvo has a new offer for Costco members where the members get Volvos for $750 below what is called the employee price. Any idea on what the employee price is for the premier model with MSRP of $28,200 and also what money factor and residual is for 3 years and 10,00 miles.

I was quoted a sale price of around $26,000 and a 3-year lease with $1,600 down for $300 a month including taxes. Sounds a bit high if you ask me because Acura ILX Tech package is available for $1,000 down and $300 a month including California taxes. The Volvo has lower MSRP than Acura's tech package and also they are selling it for $750 lower than "Employee Prices" or at least that's what they are claiming.

Thanks.
  • ubuntu1ubuntu1 Member Posts: 13
    Car_man: any thoughts on the lease deal for C30?
  • m34m34 Member Posts: 2
    Carman,

Could you provide the money factor and residual for the C30 R-design Premier Plus and Platinum for 24 and 36 months with 15k miles per year?

Thanks again.
    Hi m34. Volvo Finance's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 C30 R-Design Prem Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00095 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00103 and 50%.

Car_man
    Host