Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Flex Prices Paid and Buying Experience

124»

Comments

• tslbmwtslbmw Member Posts: 172
    The Stone interior really looks good in the Flex...and we almost pulled the trigger on it anyway with the thought that we'd just have to clean it a lot. But in the end, with a 7, 5 & 2 year old, we'd be fighting a losing battle.
  • jimbob1jimbob1 Member Posts: 70
    edited April 2010
    my wife can't wait to get into a car she actually thinks is good looking..

As they said in Latin "Degustibus non est disputandum" (which is as close as I can get without looking it up!)

When I was checking out new rides for my boss, her exact quote was "What the h&ll is that!!??"

I realized I wouldn't be getting her a Flex, no matter how much I liked it. She was coming out of a 2006 Odyssey.
  • acdiiacdii Member Posts: 753
    Well it is kinda hard to go from an Egg to a Box! :)
  • fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    Maybe egg to a carton would be a better analogy. :D
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
    Nope, its a box, one of the boxiest boxes on the road, surpassing the XB boxes. Mine is a Cinnabox.
  • tslbmwtslbmw Member Posts: 172
    HA! The "boxiness" is exactly what my wife loves. Her last car (before the 07 Ody) was an 05 Element...which she loved....and before that...a Trooper...and before that....a two door white 98 Jeep Cherokee...can you spot the trend. ;)
  • gigirn15gigirn15 Member Posts: 12
    These are out-the-door prices for a 2010 Flex SEL with Vista Roof and FWD
    33,569 (Rapid Spec 206A, Tow, FWD Steel Blue, Vista), 33,963(Rapid Spec 206A, Tow, FWD Sterling Grey, 33,832 (Rapid Spec 206A, Tow, FWD Steel Blue, Vista) 35,995 (Cinn Metallic, Rapid Spec 207A, Vista, Two TOne Roof)

I have an additional $750 coupon from Ford. Suggestions. All my offers have been refused by each dealer. I've offered 32,350 OTD. I live in NJ so sales tax is 7% (ouch!)
    I bought a 2010 SEL Ecoboost, with 40/40 split, two tone, for 36K. it has the park assist, but not the tow or Vista roof. MSRP on it was 42K.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter wants to talk with recent buyers of a 6+ seat vehicle in the Detroit area. Please respond to pr@edmunds.com by Friday, June 4, 2010 and be sure to include your phone number and the vehicle model you own.
  • dvegadvoldvegadvol Member Posts: 5
    I used the Costco Auto Program and got a great deal. No haggling, no usual dealer runaround. If you're not a Costco member, Overstock.com has a program. I haven't used it, but friends have and they were happy. If that doesn't appeal, if you can wait until the end of the month, head over to the dealer and try again. There are a lot of cars on dealer lots near me and they're paying vig to hold them. At the end of the month you might get enough leverage if they are trying to meet their sales target...
  • redogmaredogma Member Posts: 2
    2010 Flex SE FWD
    MSRP: $31,195
    Invoice: $29,826
    Trade: 2005 Nissan Quest - $8500 -KBB value is only $7875
    Selling Price: $17,056 - will pay cash. No special APR
    However, it has 1200 miles on it. Told counts as new because it was never registered.

Deal or no deal?
    Not even broken in yet. although the warranty ends at 36k, the time begins on the date of the sale. If you like it, and it is showroom perfect, no dings, or other blemishes, good deal.
  • socalhondasocalhonda Member Posts: 24
    Just got a 2011 Ford Flex SEL FWD with 3.5 L. Options were white platinum metallic paint ($495) and convenience package (Rapid Spec 202A) ($2500)

MSRP was $34,645

There was a $1000 leather discount and $2500 back from Ford and I put down $12,500 downpayment.

Got 2.9% 60 month loan

Paid $29,000 plus tax and title, which here in Los Angeles is alot!
  • redogmaredogma Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, acdii. I bought my 2010 Flex SE (Tux black w/ Silver Ingot roof) w/ remote starter, tow package, roof rails, and SYNCH for $4850 under invoice ($29,826). This doesn't include full KBB value for a beat up Nissan Quest minivan that was on its way out. Negotiated an extra 1,000 miles warranty and 2 free oil changes. Couldn't get them to budge on the doc fee of $295, so I had to get something in return. ;)
    I could not find the exact model SEL Ecoboost I wanted. I wanted one without the Vista, but with the split second row, roof rails and towing package. Well the one I got doesnt have the roof rails or towing package.

Optioned with the tow package adds $570, I priced out having the dealer install one and its under $500, but a few items are left out, such as the extra cooler and a relay kit. If you want to tow with it, I recommend getting the tow package, installing it later will cost more then the $570 option. I also dont know if sway control is built into the AWD Ecoboost, or if its added with the tow package.

Oh I also noticed you can no longer get it in Cinnamon and the park assist is no longer part of the Ecoboost package.

So if you are looking for an SEL Ecoboost with tow in Cinnamon, and find one, get it now, you wont be able to in the 2011 models.
  • jdennesjdennes Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2011 Flex SE, med blue w/ silver roof, sync, and floor mats (MSRP $30,715) in PA. I paid $28,784 (about $800 below invoice) plus I got $3250 in cash rebates ($1500 year end event, $1000 customer cash, and $750 brochure coupon) to pay $25534. I also got 3.25% financing for 60 months (PNC bank, set up through the dealer). I'm loving the car so far!
  • ryanm4ryanm4 Member Posts: 7
    Just bought a white 2010 Flex Limited with Ecoboost, Vista roof, park assist and tow package for $32,500. Total out the door was 34,600.
    Car was 'used' - having 6000 miles on it.
    Purchased from The Sharpe Collection in Grand Rapids.
    I arranged the purchase on the phone, and they drove 2 hours to meet me 1/2 way, with all the paperwork ready.
    Overall a good buying experience - Hope to have the same with the car.
  • dinu88dinu88 Member Posts: 10
    I am also looking at a 2011 ford flex limited duratec demo with 5.6k on it. Has tow package navigation and mats. Dealer says he can strike of 5k off the msrp-2.5k current promotion. So 42650-5000-2500 = 35150. How is this price? I didn't had negotiation, what do you think would be a better price on this one?
    That all depends on if it is being sold to you as new or used. That price less than I paid for an SEL Ecoboost. What you may want to do is check on x plan, invoice pricing, etc on a 2011 model with the same features, and look at used with same miles to see how they compare. If you get full incentives and low financing(if needed) then that price isnt bad.
    It's being sold as a new car. I don't know much about the x plan Could you please elaborate.
    X-Plan is Dealer Invoice - 0.4% of Invoice + $275 Administration Fee, helps if you want a quick deal, and dont want to hassle. You can qualify for one if you are a member of certain organizations, or hold stock. A quick way to get one is to join the EAA. Membership gives you access to X Plan pricing.

Go to fordflexforum.com and search X plan, there is a thread there with more information on the X plan. Review the pricings there to get an idea if you are getting a good deal. If the price is below what the X plan is, decent deal.

X plan on a 2011 Flex Limited is $34,889, add in options to get the total cost of the package.

When I bought mine I found a link to the actual invoice pricing current at the time that listed each options cost, so after adding it up I came to the exact cost for the car I wanted, and then negotiated down from there. I never mentioned X plan, just my ball park figure, which was below the actual base line I was looking for. I also dealt via email and found that to be the perfect medium for negotiating. The dealer cant see your face. What I like about X plan, it gives you a good starting point, never go above it, instead use it as a wild card.
    Thank you very much for your help and suggestions.
    How is this price:

2011 ford flex demo 5600 miles with vista roof pack, 20" wheels, 2nd & 3rd row autofold. Weather mats for $35800+tax. My offer was 32000.
    what is sticker on it? That is what I paid for an SEL Ecoboost with the second row captains chairs, and park assist.
    edited December 2010
    Sticker price is 42650
    What model and options are on it, hard to say if its a decent price without knowing what it has.
  • suzque3suzque3 Member Posts: 1
    The sticker price was $34,345. I got $3500 rebate for last year 2010 model. I got about $1800 off for Z Plan. Out the door price for my Ford Flex SEL was $30, 600. I love it. It has SYNC Voice Command, convenience pkg, towing pkg, and auto fold 2nd row 40/40 seats. Flex is Steel Blue Metallic and I have had 99 compliments on it. Only one jealous person said it looks "like a meat wagon." I would do it all again as it is the most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned.
    Meat wagon? hmmm, people call mine a hearse. I think it looks more like a brick, especially when its in Cinnamon.
  • redline122redline122 Member Posts: 67
    edited January 2011
    I was reviewing the X Plan pricing on the 2011 flex. This is what the plan price would be for the two trim levels I am considering - it will ultimately be leased:

1. 2011 Ford Flex Limited FWD, 3.5L V6 Duratec Engine
    MSRP: $37,845
    X-Plan Price: $35,889
    Total Incentives: $1,500
    ----------------------------------
    Net X-Plan Price3: $34,389

2. 2011 Ford Flex Titanium FWD, 3.5L V6 Duratec Engine
    MSRP: $40,340
    X-Plan Price1: $38,150
    Total Incentives: $1,500
    ----------------------------------
    Net X-Plan Price3: $36,650

These are the incentives that are being used:
    >> Retail Customer Cash (Program #11366)
    Cash Incentive: $1,000
    Offer Valid: 2011-01-04 - 2011-01-10
    Disclaimer: Program #11366:Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 1/10/2011. See dealer for residency restrictions and complete details.

>> A/X/Z/D-Plan Dealer Cash (Program #90518)
    Cash Incentive: $500
    Offer Valid: 2011-01-04 - 2011-02-28
    Disclaimer: Program #90518:Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 2/28/2011. See dealer for residency restrictions and complete details.
    Good, you have a baseline, now find Invoice price for those two models, and start negotiating from there. Don't mention X plan, and don't mention leasing, or financing. Set a target price in your mind somewhere between invoice and xplan, and shoot for that with the dealer. Once you settle on the price, then work on financing, trade etc. I used this tactic to get my Flex, and did it via email, what that does is it alerts the dealer that you are shopping around, and the first dealer that meets your price gets the sale, so they are more willing to negotiate a decent price to get you in to buy.
    edited January 2011
    Okay...so here's an update on my Flex acquisition:
    MSRP - 40100 for a 2011 Flex Limited FWD (Spec 300A and Vista Roof)
    Agreed Upon Price - 37500
    (XPlan - 38030; Invoice - 37910)

36months with 15000miles/year
    Residual - 48%

Cash Due at Signing: $2000
    Monthly Payment: $666 for 5.5% Money Factor; Less for 1.5% Money Factor (I wanted to see the worst case scenario)
    Competitive Lease Incentive: $1500

Is this a good deal in Southern CA?
    I dont know much about leasing deals, but the price you got from them is pretty good. Question is, are you sure you want to lease and not purchase? Have you looked into purchase options? One other thing I did while researching was to get the pricing from Consumer Reports. Cost me a little to get the report, but I was able to use that to get a good price.

If you have a copy of the sticker, check the base price before options, if it is $37,845 the invoice is $35,249 -$750 holdback. Add in the options to that, and see where it sits. I did a quick check, but it doesn't list 300a, so not knowing exactly what it has, all I can get is a ballpark. A FWD Limited with the Vista, MSRP $40,115 Invoice $37,805 Bottom line price, $34,985. This price includes the incentives of $2500. Get the price anywhere near that and you did good. Main goal, -5000 below sticker.
    Oh One more thing. A new feature CR has, after you price out a car, you can shop for the best deal near your area showing pricing you will pay.
    CR Build and Buy program, it will list participating dealers near you.
    acd... the 37500 prcie does NOT incude the 1500 lease incentive. cannot factor in 2500 buy incentives. So basically am 15 dollars away from CR bottom line number. your thoughts?
    In that case, you're getting a good deal.
  • djhalptertdjhalptert Member Posts: 115
    Did your report from Consumer Reports list things that are actually on the real dealer invoice like fuel and advertising fees or was it just a list of the invoice price of various options and trims? I have noticed one thing that Edmunds, Cars.com, etc don't list is National Advertising Fee and Fuel surcharge. They were around $580 on my 2011 Edge invoice. Slightly more on my 2011 Explorer invoice.
    It depends on where you live. Where I live, only destination charges are listed on the sticker. The prices vary on stickers too depending on build date, usually within $200 of what CR lists and what is actually in the sticker, the newer the build, the higher the difference.
  • twelveof13twelveof13 Member Posts: 1
    I have the 2009 Flex Limited, with everything but the Video player and $800- 4cans of cola size fridge.

It's the best car I've ever owned... and I've had Mercedez CLK 430, 2 BMW 530s', Saab900Turbo, Ford F150 & Ford Explorer, 1970 Mercedez 200SEL and 1973 Chevy Nova SS...

I'm looking to trade my 2009 for a 2011 with the EcoBoost... Ford of Bellevue WA BEGGED me for my Flex so they could have it for Used car inventory, but they were JERKS about financing a new one... So I'm going Back to Santa Monica Ford in LA!!!!
  • lexuses350lexuses350 Member Posts: 8
    Ford Flex SEL. MSRP on the vehicle is $34,770. I was quoted $29,000 (before tax and license). So that is a savings of $5,770 from the MSRP. It sounds like a god deal, but I was not sure. What do you guys think, should I go for it?
    Sounds like a good deal, that is about the same savings I received with my 10 SEL EB.
  • flexuser123flexuser123 Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2011
    I bought Ford Flex 2011 Ecobost 3 days ago. My Experience with Cowles Ford in woodbridge VA is terrible!!! They deceitfully sold to me a car that I did not see!

I suggest that you don't buy a car that you did not see! When I complained that the car that they sold to me is not what I have expected...they said they will find me a different car. They found a "DEMO" car that has 6000 miles on it ...Demo means used car!!! Right?

They sold it to me on a MSRP price....they wanted me to exchange my brand new car to a used demo car and the most ridiculous thing that they said because the demo car comes with a little more option ..... I need to pay $5000.00 more!!! Selling a used car on MSRP price is NOT acceptable at all! And trying to Rob your customer is even more NOT acceptable in any angle!

I just financed with them a brand new car for $60,000.00 and they wanted me to pay more for a demo car!!!

I got tired arguing and going back & forth...I just told them that I will just keep my brand new unwanted car....I wanted a bucket seats in the 2nd row because I drive 4 children to school everyday and they are in car seat! They gave me a car with a bench seat!!!! I clarified it with the Sales man and he said he did not remember me saying that I need a bucket seat car.....I am so mad!!! Why will I forget the very reason of me to buy a new car!

I need a car that is convenient and has an interior of a minivan that I don't have to fold the middle chair back & forth!
  • flexuser123flexuser123 Member Posts: 4
    Don't buy Flex, I got a brand new one 3 days ago...I'm driving at the middle of no where the navigation system & sync stopped. I thought its the signal but when I got in the belt way and arrived home it never came back.

My husband called sync support, they tried to tell him how to fix it but apparently they have a problem on it that they can't figure out...Don't waste your money.

I paid $49,000 for mine fully loaded and the total amount I financed is $60,000.00....it's a big waste.

3 days old, its giving me problem already...I don't know what will happen next. Try other options.....if you have a big family try mini vans.
    Wow that sux. Too bad, got 23K miles on mine so far and not a single problem. The sync can be repaired easily enough though, the Sync in my Fusion locked once, and pulling the fuse fixed it, and it hasn't acted up since.. I found the Flex to be a great car, plenty of room and good comfortable ride, and it isnt an ugly minivan.
  • jetlncjetlnc Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 1-year old used 2011 Limited AWD with ecoboost, 12,000 miles, navigation, two-tone roof and roof rack. Edmunds TMV $37.5K and KBB is 35.5K and I paid $34K. Clean carfax 1-owner, passed a third party inspection. So it seems like either Edmunds TMV is way off base or I got a great deal?
  • senlekasenleka Member Posts: 2
    Hi

I saw a deal for a new 2010 Ford Flex Limited w/Ecoboost, Navigation with Sync, Park Assist, DVD player (Headrest) , Vist Roof, Trailer Package, Remote Start. ePrice 36.7K , is it a good price ? i have checked the VIN with another ford dealer and he confirmed it is new and clean. Should i bargain more ?
    Go for it. That is what I paid for my SEL EB. That is a sweet deal. One thing to do though, check it for hail damage, otherwise it should be fine! Sticker on that is what, 48K?
  • senlekasenleka Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply.

Sticker price is $48290 + $770 (delivery)
  • clickrs2clickrs2 Member Posts: 3
    We feel we got a great deal on the price of our Ford Flex, it is the SEL with almost all of the extras of the Limited edition except for 3 things. The MSRP was $37,595 we got it for $6000 off plus 0% financing. This one on the lot had all the mfgs. money placed into it.
  • s2kpilots2kpilot Member Posts: 2
    I get the sense that Ford is moving a heck of a lot more Explorers than Flex's. But we took a look at a loaded Flex at the dealer and we really like it. And its got a sticker of 51,550 (including destination etc). ( FLEX limited, AWD. 303A. Vista Roof. Trailer. Captains Chair. Roof Rack/silver paint, NJ).

So my question is with a car that surely seems like it would take a long time to sell, what kind of a price should I expect to buy this car for?

Thanks - And, Wow over a year since the last Flex purchase question?
    You can get a feel for what they are going for using Truecar.com. There are even dealers that will be listed with coupons to lock in a price.