Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Flex Lease Questions

Comments

• kyrebakyreba Member Posts: 7
    What I was really more concerened is the warranty which is in effect upon registration (or sale)...Since Ford's have 3 year or 36000 miles warranty (which ever comes first) I am sure I would slide into the 36k mileage area within or around the end of the second year

I'm pretty sure the warranty would apllied to the actual miles on the car so I'm guessing you would lose those. But I bet you could get an extended warranty to cover afterwards.

It all boils down to are they going to sell you the demo chaep enough that after adding on the extra warranty, miles etc are you still under what price you could have negotiated on a non-demo?
  • baggs32baggs32 Member Posts: 3,229
    I think someone told me once that a demo car had to have under 5,000 miles on it to be still sold as new also? Don't know if that's true or not....or if it's a regional thing?

That may very well be true too. My salesman was driving a demo Flex at the time and mentioned that he was a few hundred miles away from 5000 miles at which time he had to turn it in so they could certify it and sell it. I assumed "certify" meant certified used and it would no longer be available for sale as a demo. I'm pretty sure the mileage limit to lease as new is 500 miles here. Anything over that and you have to "build the mileage" into the lease as I tried to explain as accurately as possible above.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No problem baxterdown.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi yolanda4510. I can give you an idea of what Ford Credit's current lease program is like, but I do not keep tabs on US. Bank's program.

Ford's current lease program for the 2009 Flex varies by region. I see that you are in its Detroit region. According to the latest information that I have seen, Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Flex Limited FWD with 15,000 miles per year in your area are 0.25% and 45%, respectively.

I'm not familiar with the $6,000 incentive that you mentioned. It's probably the combination of all of the available cash incentives that are available on this vehicle in your area right now, such as the $4,500 consumer cash, etc... If you are leasing this vehicle through any bank other than Ford Credit, it would be eligible for any available retail cash incentives.

It won't be easy to get out of any lease early. If you think that you might need to then you may want to finance instead of lease.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, amx. I'm glad that I have been able to help you out. Make sure to stop back and let us know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi kyreba. I'm glad that you enjoy this site so much. Dealer invoice is as probably a good a deal as you are going to get on a leased Flex right now.

I've got Ford's lease program for your area and I'd be happy to use it to work up a sample lease payment on this vehicle for you. I just need you to provide me with its selling price. If you don't know what the exact selling price is, you can always look up the dealer invoice price of the exact Flex that you want, as you want it equipped, over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Let me know what the selling price is and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings austrianbrand. Let me begin by saying that I always advise consumers agains making large down payments on leased vehicles. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though your monthly payment will be a little higher, you would be much safer going with a zero down lease.

While I don't know its exact dealer invoice price, I suspect that the Flex that you are interested in has a spread of around $2,500 between its full MSRP and invoice. A dealer discount of $2,700 is an excellent deal if it does not include the use of any cash incentives. Ford is not providing any lease cash on this model in your area right now, but it does have some loyalty and conquest cash out there. If the $2,700 that you mentioned includes a $1,000 incentive then this is still a decent deal, but you might be able to skim a couple hundred dollars off of it by comparison shopping.

Car_man
    Host
    I have 2 dealers I'm working with - both with the exact same car MSRP of $30,545.

Dealer A is quoting a selling price of $28,660 & Dealer B $27,938. However, both are coming up with a monthly price of $428+tax. "A" says that "B" is playing with numbers on the back end & at their selling price the payment should be $413ish.

It's hard to know who to believe. I do know that "B" is basically giving up all of their holdback (a thing that "A" tries to deny exists).

One last thing, "B" has an ad car with the same MSRP & a selling price of $26,400. It is not my first choice color (or second or third lol) but what would that come out to monthly if I decided to go that way?

Thank you for your help :)
    Hi kyreba. I would be happy to work up a lease payment on any Flex that you are interested in, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with some additional information first. This info includes:

the trim level (a detailed description of the vehicle)

MSRP

selling price

how long you want to lease for

what mileage allowance you need

Let me know what these variables are and I'll crunch some numbers.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man but it's a moot point now.
    Although Ford Credit sent me a pre-approval for a new lease they would not honor it when I went in to get the new car. Very disappointing since I make all my payments on time & turn in my cars in excellent condition.
    So I've now extended my current lease to build a down payment to purchase another vehicle. It won't be a Flex, it's out of the price range plus I'm not sure I want to be stuck in it for 5 years. I'll probably stick with another Escape since I've already had one for 3 years & know it works for my lifestyle. Although I'm also thinking of looking at an Element or an xB.
  • neustadtneustadt Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I'm looking for the latest lease rates and monthly payment estimates for the greater Los Angeles area on a:

2009 Ford Flex SEL FWD
    Conv Package
    2nd Row 40/40
    Cinnamon w/ White two-tone roof
    SYNC
    12,000 mi per year
    36 month lease

Does the current cash rebate (i believe $3,500) still apply if you lease the vehicle as opposed to buying?

Anyone else in the area have any monthly lease payment comparisons? Dealer recommendations?

Thanks for any help provided.
  • chorniechornie Member Posts: 9
    Would like to know what the current Ford Red Carpet Lease money factor and residual values are on a 2010 Flex SEL and Limited, both AWD. Interested in a 24, 36 or 39 month lease with 10,000 miles.

Thanks!
  • tito1924tito1924 Member Posts: 1
    Hey just wondering.. Are there any new lease deals for the ford flex sel awd.. Rear entertainment n back up camera. Im in 07305..
  • chorniechornie Member Posts: 9
    Would like to know what the current Ford Red Carpet Lease money factor and residual values are on a 2010 Flex SEL and Limited, both AWD. Interested in a 24, 36 or 39 month lease with 10,000 miles.

Just to add... I live in Cleveland, Ohio

Thanks!
  • throbbiethrobbie Member Posts: 1
    Am interested in obtaining money factor(s) and residuals in NYC/Metro area
    for 2010 Ford Flex Limited AWD w/EcoBoost; manufacturer Code: AZI/304A;
    lease would be for 36-month with either 10.5k or 12k annual mileage
    allowance; reference zip code would be 10024.

Many Thanks
  • cliffpozcliffpoz Member Posts: 71
    Am interested in obtaining money factor(s) and residuals in NYC/Metro area for 2010 Ford Flex Limited AWD w/EcoBoost. 3 year, 10k per year. Thanks!
  • mluzzy1mluzzy1 Member Posts: 4
    We just picked up a ltd w/ ecoboost on Saturday. I believe the residual was 53 % and the money factor was = to 2.75 pct. We bought ours at All American Ford in Old Bridge , Nj
  • cliffpozcliffpoz Member Posts: 71
    Thanks - how do you like the flex? Were you able to get a decent discount off of list?

Thanks
  • mluzzy1mluzzy1 Member Posts: 4
    We love it. It's big,comfortable and pretty quick with the ecoboost. We did get a very good deal as we have family that works there. If you are sincerely interested , email me - I'm sure my referral would help you.
  • aofaof Member Posts: 1
    Carman,

Looking to lease (possibly buy) Ford Flex. What kind of money factor and residual should I expect? If I lease, it will be 3 year, 12k per year.

Want SEL with Leather, back up sensors, 40/40 second row, and nothing else.

Am located in LA area and there seem to be tons of incentives out there right now.

Thanks,
    Hi aof. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Flex SEL 2WD with 12,000 miles per year in its Los Angeles region are 3.25% and 48%, respectively.

As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $750 cash incentive that is available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • thefinestthefinest Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am in PA zip code 15057.

I am interested in getting lease info on a 2011 Ford Flex SEL msrp of $38,965.

I'm not sure what the money factor and residual are for this vehicle. We would like to do a 15K/month lease for 36 or 39 months.
    Greetings thefinest. Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. LEase rates are just like interest rates. You can convert them into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Ford Credit's October base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Ford Flex SEL AWD with 15,000 miles per year in its Philadelphia region are 2.5% and 52%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 2.5% and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
  • jerseydriver11jerseydriver11 Member Posts: 4
    Car_Man....

You have been very helpful to me and many others in the past and really appreciate all the help!. I need a new car for the wife and her first choice is the Flex.

Can you let me know what the Interest Rate and Residual would be for a 2011 Titanium Flex AWD would be for 27 and 36 months with 15K miles per year?

This will be a NJ lease. From what I can tell Ford does not allow MSD's on the vehicle but let me know if that is not correct.

jerseydriver11
    Hi jerseydriver11. I don't believe that Ford offers an MSD option on leases either.

Ford Credit's November base lease rate and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2011 Ford Flex Titanium AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.25% and 58%, respectively in New Jersey.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 1.5% and 49%.

Car_man
    Host
  • soccermom24soccermom24 Member Posts: 2
    Hello- I am looking to find the November lease rate and residual value for a 2011 Flex Limited FWD in the Los Angeles area for a 36 month 12,000 miles per year lease.

Thank you so much for your help.
  • bratvabratva Member Posts: 22
    edited December 2010
    Hi Car Man,

Could you help out with the info... looking to lease 2011 Flex AWD Limited 36 months 12k a year... whats the residual and the rate? Also, what would it be for Titanium Edition with similar moths/miles

I am in San Francisco Bay Area
    Thank you
  • carbuyer114carbuyer114 Member Posts: 1
    hey car man,

Looking for lease rates & residual for 2011 Flex limited awd w/ ecoboost. 36mos, 12k/yr in new york area...thanks!
    Greetings bratva. According to the latest information that I have seen, Ford Credit's December base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Flex Limited AWD with 12,000 miles per year in San Francisco are 1.50% and 51%, respectively.

The numbers for the Titanium Edition are exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi carbuyer114. Ford Credit's December base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Flex Limited AWD in New York with 12,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • tap24tap24 Member Posts: 7
    Car_man, could you please provide the Flex SEL lease info for January 2011 for Atlanta, GA, 36 months and 10,500 miles/year? Thanks.
  • tap24tap24 Member Posts: 7
    Car_man, I have decided to go with a Limited actually. Could you please provide the Flex Limited lease info for January 2011 for Atlanta, GA, 36 months and 10,500 miles/year? Thanks.
    I'd be happy to help you out, tap24.

Ford Credit's January base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Flex SEL FWD with 10,500 miles per year in Atlanta are 1.5% and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Ah ha tap24. I guess that I should have read ahead before answering ;).

Ford Credit's January base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Flex SEL FWD with 10,500 miles per year in Atlanta are 1.5% and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • scdgoofyscdgoofy Member Posts: 40
    Hi CarMan,

Can you please help me out with lease info for February?

Looking at Ford Flex in Southern California, 36 month, 10.5K miles. Undecided on SEL or Limited, but aren't the lease factors that same?

Thanks much!

-Steve
    Here you go Steve. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Ford Flex SEL FWD with 10,500 miles per year are 1.5% and 54%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an Edge Limited FWD are 1.5% and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
  • skh91423skh91423 Member Posts: 1
    hi car man,

could you help me out with some current information...

looking to lease a 2011 flex / 2wd / limited / 36 months / 15k a year.

what's the residual and the rate?

if i can find one still available, am i better off with a 2010?

Thank you!
  • mikezyxmikezyx Member Posts: 2
    I'd love to know March information as well
  • kinsalekinsale Member Posts: 33
    Hi Carman,

Any help on a Flex SEL AWD 12k or 15k miles
    24 and 36 months.

Thanks
    Kinsale
    Here you go skh91423. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 011 Flex Limited 2WD with 15,000 miles per year in Southern California are 1.5% and 48%, respectively.

If you want to lease you are definitely better off going with a 2011 over a 2010 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Kinsale. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Flex SEL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.5% and 61%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 1.5% and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
  • evahnulahmevahnulahm Member Posts: 19
    Hi Car_Man, can you give me residual and rate for a 2011 Limited EcoBoost for 36 months and 12K per year.
    Thanks!
    Hi evahnulahm. Ford Credit's March base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Flex EcoBoost with 12,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • chris4445chris4445 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man - I'm in New York. Looking at a 2011 Limited EcoBoost. 36 month lease, 12,000 miles. Is there a change in the lease rate/residual now that we're into April?
    Hi chris4445. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Flex Limited EcoBoost with 12,000 miles per year are 2.25% and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • robertsmallrobertsmall Member Posts: 1
    Looking at leasing a 2011 Flex SEL. Does anyone know the current residuals and money factors for a 36 month/12000 year lease in metro Detroit?
    Here you go robertsmall. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Flex SEL AWD with 12,000 miles per year in Detroit are 2.25% and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • drmocugadrmocuga Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2009 Ford Flex Limited, AWD, leased in the Chicagoland area. We are getting to the end of our lease and are interested in buying the truck. Does anyone know:

1. If Ford offers any financing options for buying the vehicle and what the rates are in Chicago?

2. Can you negotiate (down) the residual value (i.e. purchase price) and how low?

3. Is it better to deal with the dealership or Ford Credit directly?
    I appreciate all the help!
  • jskrifjskrif Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

Can you post the current buy rate/money factor and residual for a Ford Flex SEL in the Southern California area for 24/36 months and 12K miles?

Thanks!
    Hi jskrif. Ford Credit's January base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of 2012 Flex SEL FWD with 12,000 miles per year in its Southern California region are 0.25% and 61%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.5% and 54%.

Ford is currently providing a $1,250 cash incentive on leases of this vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.