Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Altima Hybrid Audio Questions

newgs300newgs300 Member Posts: 3
edited July 2014 in Nissan
We get a high-pitched whine on the two strongest AM radio stations in our local area. The volume of the whine varies with our location. Is is the XM radio/Nav package. Anyone else have this annoying problem? Anyone not have it? (I'd like to report my results of the poll here to Nissan, so a response either way would be helpful). Thanks!

Comments

• langjielangjie Member Posts: 250
    i don't really get it. it's probably the AM station.
  • newgs300newgs300 Member Posts: 3
    That what I would think, that it is the station, but we don't get the whine on those stations on any other car. So I assume you don't get it on your NAH (Nissan Altima Hybrid)?
    i don't listen to too many am stations, just for sports sometimes. my best guess is that the magnetic field created by the battery is probably affecting the antenna. it would be even more if the antenna was attached to the window (which is the reason why you mostly see radio antennas attached to the roof of hybrids).

that's too bad though, i would be annoyed
  • allin4greenallin4green Member Posts: 3
    I've been searching the owner's manual and internet, and haven't been able to find an answer to this question, "Why does my Altima meow every time I drive into downtown Harrisburg, PA?"

It's the oddest thing. I work in the Capitol Complex area, and every time I approach the downtown area, just south of the Capitol, the audio system emits several short cat meows! I'm not making this up. My carpool rolls on the floor laughing each time we pull in, and I haven't been able to find an explanation anywhere. It's definitely based on geographic location so, I thought it could also be related to the navigation system but, I haven't found an explanation in any documentation there, either.

Has anyone experienced this in other cities, or in Harrisburg, also?
    It's probably signal interference. Can you take a video? That would be entertaining!
  • allin4greenallin4green Member Posts: 3
    No, I think that signal interference would sound very different... it definitely, and very clearly... meows. I'll have to try and record it, and then see if I can upload it here. Maybe Wednesday, that's the next day that I drive the carpool.
  • ucla54ucla54 Member Posts: 3
    I just bought my alitma..love it.

I have 9 speaker system with the tech package. However, I don't hear sound out of the rear speakers (near the trunk). I feel the bass but don't hear the sound. Are those rear speakers just bass speakers? Am I not supposed to hear sound.

Also, is anybody having sound quality issues with their bluetooh. My bluetooth pairs up just fine, but I get constant complaints that the person on the other end cant' hear me.....anybody have this issue? Has anybody resolved it?
  • 2010hybrid2010hybrid Member Posts: 2
    I had a similar problem when I first bought the car. I got a better phone. Had a sprint rumor upgraded to Samsung Moment(smart phone) Connection is great haven't had any problems since.
  • 2010hybrid2010hybrid Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone figured out how to Record mp3 files onto the audio box yet? I can record regular and burnt cd's that are not set up in .mp3 .mp4 or .wav I have been trying to fig it out for a while and no one seems to know any help would be appreciated...
  • popny85popny85 Member Posts: 15
    I'm having the same problem. I just bought a 2009 NAH, with all the packages, but I'm trying out the Bluetooth, I can hear the person, but they can hear me, even though I am practically yelling into the mic, which is supposedly located in the dome lights??? Warranty issue???
This discussion has been closed.