Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Genesis Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jordfidjordfid Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2011
    Got a great deal, and more important, great and easy treatment by Justin and Mel at Prime Hyundai in Saco, Maine, for my Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT, 2010...

Talk about go the extra mile, literally and figuratively!

After spending several months researching and shopping for a car, seeing the good, the bad, and the ugly they are better than good!

I traveled out of state for the car and would do it with them again!
  • roblawroblaw Member Posts: 17
    I have to agree. I am from PA and had a similarly pleasant experience with Mike Coady at Fitzgerald Hyundai in Bethesda, MD. I knew I was going to be in Bethesda for business. All done via email. Drove in with a check and had paperwork complete in 15 minutes. Mike was very helpful and their price was better than anything near me. However, price was not the reason I purchased there. They had a large selection and got me the twilight blue which was largely unavailable in the tri-state region. I wish they were in PA.
  • sandigenesissandigenesis Member Posts: 1
    I think the reason they force or suggests to have their financing is because they get incentive from bank. I see US Genesis price is pretty reasonable, compared to the price in south Korea (at least 10K cheaper).
    Just compare the financing rate and conditions and if it is same, I don't think it is a bad idea.
  • intrepidspiritintrepidspirit Member Posts: 662
    My price ($34,015 with premium) was established before we ever discussed financing. I was free to do what I wanted and chose 100% financing @ .9% for 5 years. A no brainer....
  • harry28harry28 Member Posts: 29
    From the Hyundai website, it looks like you have to get both the Premium package as well as the Technology package to get Bluetooth. Is there an option to get bluetooth without paying the extra $8K? Thanks
  • cobra7woodcobra7wood Member Posts: 4
    Was your price($34,015) on a 2011 or a 2012? Did it include transportation but exclude TT&L? Thanks.
  • veragenveragen Member Posts: 34
    Can anyone verify if Hyundai combined Incentives is use for the 2012 Genesis sedans ($1,500 for Loyal Incentive & $1,500 for Competitive Incentive) a total of $3,000? Did anyone recently purchase/finance a 2012 Hyundai Genesis sedan buying experience and received these combined incentives. If so, was this one time promotion like the end of month-sale, club-membership or employee-discount. I may be window shopping next month to purchase a new car at the end of 2011 year. I see Gen-Owners purchased prices online or at dealerships for 2012 Genesis sedan 3.8L, V6 Tech-pkg at $35k, 2012 Gen 4.6L, V8 purchased at $38k & 2012 Gen 5.0L, R-spec for $41k maybe this $3,000 incentive is combined for 2012? Congrats to New Genesis Owners & Happy Driving :) VereGen
  • packwins09packwins09 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a '12 Genesis with Premium Pkg, Wheel Locks and 3 dealer installed options (theft protection $249.99, Genesis Rear Emblem $299.00 and Perma Plate $399.99). Total MSRP = $40,848.98. Bought the vehicle from Team Hyundai - Mall of Georgia (Atlanta area). I test drove the car then negotiated everything over the phone 2 days later. I ended up paying $34,000 plus TTL and Doc Fee of $750. There first offer to me was 35,400. I countered at $33. Then they came down to $34,750 and we finally agreed to $34K. When I got to the dealer, they conveniently "forgot" that this vehicle had the Theft Protection and Perma Plate Options installed and wanted me to pay and additional $650 for these options. I told them, "No, I will leave right now if your going back on our deal". After a sob story about how they forgot about the options and how I am getting an AWESOME deal, they said, as long as I am satisfied (aka, please give us good reviews on the Hyundai survey), they will sell it to me for $34,000K. I love the car and I still don't trust Auto Dealers. I probably could have gotten a little better deal, but overall $6850 off of MSRP is not bad. Hope this helps!
    PackWins, Yes you got an awesome :shades: deal off of sticker as you stated! Did you get any Hyundai-Incentives on your 2012 Genesis-Prem pkg? Since your discount was (-$6,850) & you also received the forgotten options by dealer theft-protection (-$250), Genesis-emblem (-$300) & Perma-plate (-$400) a total-savings of (-$7,800) for '12 Genesis-Prem V6 at co$t $34k. You did awesome. I'm not sure if you read my post#320 "$3,000 Hyundai-Incentives on 2012 Genesis? What other details from your new Genesis-sedan, do tell. Congrats & Happy Smooth Driving! VeraGen
  • packwins09packwins09 Member Posts: 2
    The only incentive I got was the $1500 Competitive Incentive. I did not do a good job of clarifying the price I paid. The MSRP was $$39,900 plus the additional dealer installed options at $950 for a total asking price of $40,850, My total savings off of asking price was $6850 (not $7800). The one learning I had was that they would not take a price serioiusly unless they were negotiating with me. They asked me twice to come into the dealership, but I kindly told them "no thanks, I already test drove the car and it is not necessary for me to come back unless ywe have a deal over the phone". I already reached out to a few othere Hyundai dealers so he knew I was going to buy a car from someone.
  • saveonebucksaveonebuck Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2011
    Hi Folks.

I just wanted to give you the heads up that there is a $500 Prepaid Debit Card offer to folks who attend the LA Auto Show (Sign up at Hyundai kiosk) and purchase a Hyundai Sonata Hybrid, Hyundai Genesis Sedan, or a Hyundai Equus by (12/24/2011).

The offer details will be emailed to you shortly after you sign up.

Hope this helps.
  • bulldog12bulldog12 Member Posts: 7
    Picked up a Black V6 with the Premium package for 34k plus TTL (plus $150 doc fee) at Evansville Hyundai from Les. Asking price was 39,850. I did receive the 1500 competative rebate. I appreciate everyones willingness to share there deals and I was able to use them to negotiate the above price. I told them that was my first/final offer and didn't budge. I had test drove it the day prior and made an offer via email that evening and after attempting to get me to increase my price they finally accepted it the later the next day. I am still amazed at the quality of this car, but most impressed by the looks. Not a moment of buyers remorse.
  • dandydon2dandydon2 Member Posts: 77
    I went to Sheppard Hyundai in Eugene, OR and selected a black on black Gen 3.6 with Premium and Tech. MSRP was $44,030. I asked if they would sell it to me for the Zag.com price of $37,654 and they agreed, although they remarked that they "wouldn't be making a nickel" on the transaction.

Perhaps the fact that we are nearing month and year-end had something to do with it, but I think that a $6,376 discount is phenomenal. That's 14.7% off of sticker. Only other charge was $77 for title fee and $75 to transfer my license plates and register the car. Outstanding!

This is a perfect example of what Hyundai has been preaching… lots of value for the dollar.

When I drove the 125 miles home yesterday I was extremely well pleased with the car. It handles beautifully, is quieter than the Lexus and goes like a rocket ship with its 333 hp engine - and the factory specifies regular gas! Tomorrow I plan to read all the manuals and learn how to run all the many gadgets on it. The topping on the cake today was when I looked carefully at the black noir paint in the sun today, I discovered that it is actually metallic and has flecks of gold in it. Beautiful!

Next week I am having the 3M rock protection film applied for $659. I had planned to spend another $1,000 for chrome wheels, but the factory wheels look so bright I might just save that cash instead.

Only other plan is to replace the trunk and steering wheel logos. I'd like to think I am doing that for general appearance, but I think it is mostly in the hope that I won't have to explain to everyone why I bought a Hyundai. If I do, I'll tell them that this car is quicker, quieter, handles better and has more fancy options than my $65,000 Lexus LS430. Only negative is that it has a firmer ride, but I can get used to that.

I think I read somewhere in the forum that one owner tells those who inquire about his de-badged Gen that it is an entry level Bentley. Think I'll try that. Put me down as a very happy convert.

Dandydon in Bend, OR
  • LASHAWNLASHAWN Member Posts: 303
    Great price and post. Merry Christmas and Happy driving.
  • cobra7woodcobra7wood Member Posts: 4
    For what it's worth, Patrick Hyundai in Schaumberg, Il. is blowing out their remaining 2012 Genesis inventory with discounts between $6,000 and $8,000 off sticker price. The discounted pricing can be seen on their web site.
    That's awesome, too bad their too far away from me.
    Bergen County Auto Group had the same New Year’s Sale $8,000 off MSRP from there Chrysler, Dodge, Nissan & Hyundai dealerships. They too have discounts on their website & newspaper ads, I took the advantage of purchasing a Hyundai GENesis. I had seen the low-price ads of Patrick Hyundai, Chi-town area on other auto-sites. Patrick Hyundai low-prices on the Genesis are lower than FitzGerald Hyundai of B-more/ DC-area. Any website or newspaper ads that carefully read of $8,000 or more off from MSRP is worth lookin into. Especially the Genesis of NYC-North Jersey area. I finally have the GENesis! :shades:

VeraGEN
  • 01x501x5 Member Posts: 1
    FYI, called the dealer and the discount is "fake", for only certain people may qualify for the full discount.
  • robribasrobribas Member Posts: 3
    I shopped and shopped the new genesi, and read much of the advice on here. But when I test drove a plain 3.8, I just didn't like the look of all the fake wood on the dash. If it was a dark color, maybe it would be ok, but I need the light interior to match my dogs. The dealer offered 32K +TTL, which seemed fair, but if I'm going to look at the front of a car, i want it to be one I feel thrilled about.

So, I test drove a private party 2010 4.6 with tech, nav, chrome rims, hell every option possible, even the ipod cable and cargo nets in the trunk. It is sapphire midnight blue with the cashmere interior, and it just looked gorgeous. 20K miles, original owner. I bought it for $27,000.

So, a couple of observations: the suspension is a bit more wiggly than the 2012, but nothing whatsoever so crazy as some blogs have claimed. (maybe the fact that I live in Phoenix which has pretty smooth roads helps that) In fast corners, it doesn't lean in much, so the wigglyness, is an odd sensation, it isn't a soft suspension.

The dash looks great! its mostly soft with only small amounts of wood which are dark. the back up camera is fantastic. the lexicon 17 speaker whateverthehell stereo sounds fantastic. xm radio was working on it, I'm hoping they just paid for the next year!

the smart cruise control is useless in the city, as whenever anyone cuts in front of you it hits the brakes, even if they are going faster than you. That is constant in Phoenix, so like all cruise controls, it can't be used in city freeway driving, but I can imagine it being very good on trips to San Diego or Vegas.

Anyways, I thought I really wanted the 3.8 and the new transmission, for the better gas mileage. But when you factor in taking over $10K off the price, well that can far more than pay the difference in gas usage for as long as I'll have the car. ( I don't drive tons anyways, about 10K a year if that. I bike commute to work)

And though not the Rspec, the 4.6 still feels MUCH stronger than the 3.8 when you feel like romping it.
  • matt1982matt1982 Member Posts: 1
    Got new 2012 Hyundai Genesis base trim for $29600 (with competitive owner rebate) in February. Like the car so far, it's fast and powerful. Cons: headlights could be a little brighter (my wife's new Outback has way better headlights), and windshield washers and wipers don't do a good job at highway speed (at least when it's cold - it takes at least 10 wipes to wipe off all the fluid leftovers) - something that I wouldn't expect from a car that considered "luxury". Otherwise I'm happy with the purchase and the car is pleasure to drive.
  • okk1okk1 Member Posts: 18
    Matt, where did you get that price from? I'm in so cal and I'm stalling at 30k flat.
  • dc_driverdc_driver Member Posts: 712
    Very happy with my deal. 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe (2.0T, 6sp manual, Gran Premo Grey). MSRP with options is $25405. Invoice price is $24163. Before taxes I am paying $23763, or $400 under invoice. Also getting 2.9% financing and they gave me KBB value on my trade-in.

They also offer lifetime power train warranty, oil changes for the first three years, and were great to work with. No hassle, no pressure.

This is Morries Hyundai in St Louis Park, Minnesota. No other dealer could touch this price. I did find some good deals on 2012 models, but I really wanted the 2013 due to the improvements.
  • gopalunigopaluni Member Posts: 1
    Hi

I had the pleasure of buying a Genesis car from Gateway Hyundai , Richmond, VA on 27th April,2012. Well I regretted my decision to buy the Premium /Luxury car from Hyundai as my experience of receiving the car was a disaster as car was dirty inside in lots of areas,full of grease marks below the steering , car was not ready as promised inspite of giving sufficient time( had to wait an another hour from the promissed time even though paper work was completed day before )before the delivery took place, could not locate the duplicate Key for 10 minutes , it was total chaos as nobody in service knows what the sales team has committed to the customer.Lots of work was done only after pointing out each issue which was really sad .

Last but not least is the explanation about the product is cursory as there are not many people with knowledge of handling this model and everybody is winging it along with customer . Even though Hyundai talks about telling customer what the product is worth after 3 years based on usage as per the literature lying around the dealership , nobody seem to be aware of the Ad campaign .
    The only saving grace is Finance Manager who knows what he talking about , Internet sales team is focussed on sales and They did adequate job, but actual delivery of product to the customer has made this purchase from Hyundai a total unhappy experience and never felt that I am buying a premium car from them , may be another Hyundai Accent .

Before the experience , I was almost ready to buy another for my daughter in 3 more months and recommend the product to my freinds. But this experience will make me share it with others who are in the market and not to bother unless customer service improves further .
    By the way nobody cared till date ask me on how I feel about buying a car from Hyundai last month .
  • bmb1767bmb1767 Member Posts: 64
    Hyundai really needs to spin off the Genesis and Equus line (in the rumor mill to happen) due to problems such as this in Hyundai dealerships. I have had similar experiences. I was also involved in 1998 (during Hyundai's close to bankruptcy days) in forcing them to buy back a lemon Sonata. Even after all this time, I think "you really want me to buy a $40k+ and a $60k+ car from Hyundai?!" Too many people have had bad experiences now and in the past with poorly run dealerships.
  • tpricetprice Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2012
    I just traded my 2009 Genesis 4.6 in on an Acura TL SH AWD Tech 6MT. Different animals all together..neither good nor bad in my opinion..just different. I was coming up on lease end and had planned to keep the Genesis but was involved in a significant rear-end collision in February ($9500+). Since I was changing vehicles decided to try something different. I loved the Genesis but since I was looking at a replacement, I had to give the edge to Acura due to the night and day difference service experience between the two. We have 2 other Acuras and have a great experience with their service dept + they still offer service loaners. On a recent service appmt at Hyundai, I was told that they had discontinued service loaners - even though it was part of the consideration that played into my original decision to get the Genesis. The discontinuation was just stated as a "matter of fact" - no attempts to apologize, explain, etc. Seems like a little post card explaining decision might not have hurt? On a number of service appointments car was returned with "it's working as it should" or "we could not replicate the issue, etc." I'm sure some can report similar experiences at Acura but has not been our experience. Again, I think the Genesis is a great product (as is the new Azera!) and can even see getting another one at some point, but think Hyundai needs to get their dealers to step up that part of their game. They always say it's cheaper to retain an existing customer than get a new one....
  • dandydon2dandydon2 Member Posts: 77
    You experienced a bad dealership, not a bad automobile.

Dandydon
  • dc_driverdc_driver Member Posts: 712
    I agree that Hyundai should consider spinning off their more upscale cars into a separate line. Until they do so, I suspect they will lose sales. A lot of this is psychological for the buyer. They don't want to associate their $60K car with one that costs $18K or less.

I think it also allows the dealership to offer some higher touch services (like loaner cars).

That said, the CEO of Hyundai America seemed pretty clear to me when I read a recent article that he has zero plans to spinoff another brand (like Toyota, Nissan, and Honda did for example).

I don't agree, but Hyundai certainly does not seem to be hurting right now.
  • kris06civiclxkris06civiclx Member Posts: 5
    MSRP 35,320
    Sale Price $30,900
    Loyalty Rebate $1,500
    Hyundai Finance Rebate $500
    Motozuma Rebate $500

Total $28,400 + ttl

Take delivery within the next few days. I wanted a value, the tech doodads weren't worth it to me. But I feel like I got a good deal. Of course, played the dealers against each other by email until one called me to beat them all significantly. I am in Southern California.
  • cr1t1calm4sscr1t1calm4ss Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2012
    anyone get a 5.0 or 5.0 r spec? Good thing about these are they are COME AS IS cars..dont have to option them up and easier to negotiate most likely. Lower MPG etc

Any experience in this area?

Thanks
  • roachforliferoachforlife Member Posts: 11
    Wondering what everyone paid for this in either Auto or Manual? Thanks!
  • asamiasami Member Posts: 1
    Which dealer did you get this deal from? It is a very sweet deal
  • solomon7solomon7 Member Posts: 1
    Can you share which dealer you used? I am shopping the same car for my wife now.
  • opsychoopsycho Member Posts: 1
    well, reading all of these horrific experiences [reminiscent of the 1970s] has clearly helped me to make up my mind ... i am going to stick with lexus and get a new es350...they are the same price, the lexus offers front wheel drive which is great in the snow and, most importantly, the risk of dealer-abuse is vastly less...
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    HAS ANY ONE GONE TO BRAD BENSON OF NEW JERSEY TO BUY A GENSIS. I ALWAYS HERE THERE STUPID AD'S ON THE RADIO ABOUT 25% OF DEALER POSTED MSRP. THERE HAS TO BE A CATCH. IF YOU CALL THEY WILL TELL YOU TO COME DOWN FOR PRICING THEY DONT QUOTE ON THE PHONE OR INTERNET.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• fair2usfair2us Member Posts: 26
    edited September 2012
    As of September 16, 2012, I found a 2011 Genesis 3.8 with 31,125 miles going for $19,991 = TTL and a doc fee of $129.
  • fair2usfair2us Member Posts: 26
    I just wanted to clear up what I wrote about the 2011 Genesis 3.8 on 09.16.12. The $19,991 was the price of the Genesis. TTL and the doc fee were extra.
    Ok folks I'm finally ready to buy my Genesis. What is the best deal I can get on one? I saw one dealer not too far from me that has the exact one I want and they're selling it for $33,900.
    where do you live ? 33,900 was that a 12 or 13 model what was in car and what was dealerships name

Bob Dance Hyundai in Sanford, FL. I live in Savannah, GA. I just purchased my Genesis 3.8 Prem/Tech Package today from Hilton Head Hyundai in Hardeeville, SC. Paid $38k for 2012 model which came with Hyundai extended warranty. So far the only thing I don't like about he car is I can't play the music on my HTC EVO 4G through the car without finding a compatible cable.
    Bought a cable I can play music from my phone through the car's AUX outlet.
  • jlindhjlindh Member Posts: 282
    Bought a new titanium 4.6 today from Hanlees Hilltop Hyundai in Richmond CA. Paid $36,250 including the doc fee, iPod cable, upgrade to the V5 GPS map and trunk mat. Very happy with the car, dealership and salesman. The customer incentives on the 2012's seem to have disappeared for December. I don't know if the dealers currently have an incentive or not.

We were originally looking for a V6 for about $1K less, but the Ms didn't like the sound of the engine on the V6's we drove. Don't know if it's the solid lifters or the GDI engine, but the V6 sounds like it needs a valve adjustment to me. The 4.6 has a non-GDI engine with hydraulic lifters so the engine purrs.
    jlindh, your 4.6 was it a 2013 Did your genesis have the tech pck, and premium pck in the car.. I'm deciding on either the 2013 Geny,or the Honda Accord both cars looks very simular. Accord has better Tech features with heads up display on windshield, lane warning system and a lane detection system with camera's on outside mirriors, and better gas mpg..Did rcieve 1 internet quote for a 2013 3.8 loaded for $39,159 without dest fee, any doc fee's or taxes. I'm sure if i decide to buy the genesis i could get the price down to $38,400. any thoughts.. In the fall of 2014 the new redisigned genesis will be out and probaly will have a 8 spped trany and upgraded Tech features . I'm also reading that Hyundia will upgrade the suspension to improve its ride to compete more with BMW , Audi, etc.. I really dont want to wait another year to buy new . So maybe for 12k less i"ll pick up a Accord and wait i see how the Genesis fares with there upgrades.. ANY Thoughts.................. Bian

I'm also hearing the 2014 genesis will be all wheel drive. Rear wheel sucks here in the North East.

Brian, there IS NO 2013 4.6 V8, mine is a 2012. All the V8's have the premium and technology packages including the lane departure warning system plus wood trim steering wheel, lighted door sill plates and a lower chrome strip on the body. All the '12s have the 8 speed tranny but do not have the Blue Link subscription service option. That's no loss to me as I'm no fan of additional payments to activate all the features of my cars. The 2014 Genesis may have an OPTION for all-wheel drive.

We also seriously looked at the 2013 Accord EX-L V6 with navigation for about 29.5K. That would have been about $6750 less for a heck of a lot less car. I did like the blind spot mirror on the right side and the Pandora app. If there's a HUD on the Accord, I'm not aware of it.
    edited December 2012
    Thanks, i think for over 10k less the Accord is the better buy all around . than a 2013 genesis. I dont need 400 horse pw. been there done those cars . Next year when Hyundia upgrades there Suspension, goes to All wheel drive, a 10 spd trans and upgrading there tech features i will take a better look. the 2013 Accord will hurt Genesis sales this year for sure. Right now i think for 55k the 2013 Audi A6 is the best car for the money. Ride performance and features. The Genesis is a great buy for the buck. Needs updating but still not in that class of Bmw,,Audi, Lexus....................................... Good luck enjoy your new ride

The 2013 Honda Accord will not hurt Genesis sales because they are not in the same category. Accord is in the midsize game and the Genesis is in the entry luxury large car game, 2 totally different animals my friend.
    edited December 2012
    lashawn your missing my point . For 10k less the 2013 Accord and the 3.8 Genesis are Same look, Interior space, Hp Genesis has 333 to 290 edge, gas better in Accord. Accord better safety features, Until Hyundia upates there suspension, and rear wheel drive me personally...feel for 29k for Interior space and updated features I'll keep that extra cash in my pocket. The Accord even upgraded the stereo, But defiantly not as good as Hyundia's radio.

Read up on the 2014 Kia Cadenza Its comming out this month. this car will have all the updates and features that re design 2014 geny will be getting that i spoke of in above post. The aging Genesis hopefully will once again set the standard next year for best luxury entry level car with upgrades. Until then lets wait and see........ merry X-mas

The Accord EX-L Nav is only about 5.5K less in actual prices paid compared to the V6. I paid $36,250 for my new 4.6 V8. The Genesis is rear wheel drive which makes a big difference to some of us.

I stand by my statement that while the Accord is a nice car, the Genesis is a lot more car.
    your correct a 2013 genesis 3.8 without the premium and tech package is about 4k less.. with those 2 packages its 39.5 k plus taxes. So my point being if i get a Genesis without upgrades... What separates the genesis from the accord ?.... little bit more hp and a louder radio. without the 2 mention packages the Genesis has nothing to offer compared to a much lesser Accord..Just giving out the facts. You purchased a 2012 end of year Genesis. On Jan 1 2013 your car will know be a 1 yr old model and book wise its depreciated about $ 3k. thats why you got a great deal. you cant compare your loaded 4.6 to a simple Accord. The Aging Genesis is no longer the best bang for the buck until they upgrade several key area's that i had addressed in my prior post..

Hopefully, you're not paying retail price for your cars. So why compare retail prices? A Tech package Genesis can be had for $35,000 in the real world. Likewise, a EX-L Navigation Accord can be had for about $29,500. My 4.6 Genesis was $36,250 new.

The '13 Accord has some very nice tech updates, no doubt. I'd rather have one than a '13 Accura TL for that reason. And yes, the new Accord does have some great tech that the '12 Genesis lacks, but a car is more than just fancy gizmos. Hence, my assertion that the Genesis is a lot more car. Drive them both on the same day, the difference is obvious.