Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saturn Vue Transmission Problems

Comments

• kimber0412kimber0412 Member Posts: 6
    Sarah,

I checked my in box off and on all day today. No reply from either you, Christina, or anyone else at GM/Saturn customer care or any loosely affiliated company/service.

I would like you to address my concerns IMMEDIATELY. The last eight of my vin are 5S817774.
    :mad:
  • gmstinksgmstinks Member Posts: 4
    I never got anywhere with GM and I didn't want to buy another vehicle made by them so I bought a Hyundai. They have a great warranty. I still have the Vue and I am waiting for it to quit. We don't take it out of town anymore because we don't want to be stranded. So has anyone tried replacing the engine with an engine from a later model Vue? Is something like that even possible?
  • jdanlerjdanler Member Posts: 1
    I just bought this vehicle from a dealer, it has 71k miles. I am worried about some issues with the transmission and more so after reading this forum.

Around 30-35mph the vehicle shudders and sometimes it bucks. This is very annoying for city driving! Sometimes at higher speeds I see the issue as well, generally RPM is around 1500. I've never had a vehicle that didn't want to cruise at a steady speed.

Fortunately I am still under the dealer (non GM) 90 days and according to my.gm.com it says I have time left on my powertrain warranty.

So will a transmission flush help or does it need some service by my local Chevy dealer?
  • 94mark9494mark94 Member Posts: 12
    Sounds like you have the Honda V6 engine. What you describe are the EXACT same symptoms we had on our Vue and is the Torque Converter.

There should be a recall for your car through GM. Basically it reprograms the ECU to engage the TQ at a different RPM than compared to the stock program. Take it to a Chevy Dealer that is authorized to work on Saturns and have them perform the reprogram. It should show up when they run your vin number. This should be free to you. I would suggest that you also have your fluid changed at that time as well. These need to be changed more often than what GM recommends in the manual. I think this will take care of your issue for a while but I would definitely do this at a GM dealer to get it documented for any issues that may pop up down the line.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Good afternoon jdanler,

If you do decide to work with your dealership to get this looked into, please keep us updated on what they find. Also, we can check for any open recalls if you were to send the last 8 of your VIN our way to socialmedia@gm.com
    We're here to help if you should need us!

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • wadelwadel Member Posts: 5
    I have a 2007 with 72K. Saturn had a torque converter recall that fixed my shutter. Find out if your vehicle has had that done. Oh, I'm now dealing with a leaking rear main..... Which others have had... Do your self a favor, it they go in for the torque converter, have them just install a new rear main seal...
    wadel,
    I saw your post and it looks like you're having some issues with leaking? Have you already visited your dealership? If so, we're happy to follow up on this with them for you. We can be contacted at socialmedia@gm.com if we can be of further assistance.
    Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • tchastaintchastain Member Posts: 1
    I have the 2004 model with the Honda 6 and auto trans and mine is doing the same thing.......just started......"When It changes into high gear, it shutters! Had my VIN checked and found no recalls. Am I supposed to wait until something fails???????? OR WHAT???????
    Tony
    WELCOME TO THE CLUB. It sucks to be here...

As you can see I'm still upset with how my situation played out and why I continue to visit here and help out when I can.

For some reason GM isn't including our 2004 models in the recall when we have the same exact equipment. You'll get the same ridiculous response that I did with parts being manufactured in different plants and different suppliers... We'll it's pretty evident that 2004 models have the same exact parts as we are having the same problems as the other years with the honda drivetrain.

I got suckered into paying for a new transmission when I was originally told we could replace just the TQ because we caught it in time.

My advice to you is the following:
    1. Put in a claim with Sarah and Christina here (they are GM Representatives) and at least it will help document that our cars are affected as well.
    2. Go to a certified GM dealer that is authorized to work on Saturns and have the problem documented with them.
    3. Have the transmission fluid flushed and refilled asap.

See if the fluid change helps at all. Many say that it does help and you may save a small fortune by just having the fluid replaced. If down the line you start to feel it again, have the TQ replaced before it completely fails and ruins the transmission too. Replacing the TQ by itself is much cheaper than doing the entire tranny and TQ. Local transmission shops can replace the TQ for about $1700.00 compared to thousands for the entire transmission.

Best of luck and definitely make your voice heard about this issue.
  • acurlessacurless Member Posts: 4
    It is super frustrating to read and see the same posts as the same complaint I am going to make! I have my 2005 AWD 2.2L Saturn Vue since March. I was very lucky I did get it for a good price and it had 104,000 on it but since March it has been in and out of car dealers or my husband! I have a first the cranking noise if you were to turn the wheel that was fixed with a the transmission being flushed. I than began having the shuddering upon take off or at a stop. which little by little got worse to the point of then lagging, shuddering while in drive. My husband is a long time diesel mechanic he tried to call a few local transmission shops, they almost REFUSED to work on them. They said "we could buy a "newer" trani and they would put it in, but would not rebuild it. I then got it to a local GM dealership. They stomped the hell out of it and told me it would cost around $5000- $8,000 to replace the trani and the labor! I asked if I could buy the trani and my husband just put it in the manger informed me "you need special tools to work on this vehicle. Only saturn made them". Later it turned out to be nothing but a lie! Upon the receptionist giving my the diagnostic print out I noticed all the times work was done on the Vue and seen that 20,000 miles ago Saturn REPLACED the transmission!! I drove the Vue in and then went to drive it out it would not go into reverse I had to go back into the dealership to have them push me out of the parking area and got it into drive and did make it home only to have it sitting! My husband then got real frustrated and took the entire engine, transmission out of the Vue. He purchased a Master rebuild Kit and changed the clutches and the pistons, put all new CVT fluid in. The Vue still does not move forward or reverse and makes a whining noise. I am a mother of 3 boys and have no vehicle, If anyone has tried to make the repairs that my husband has done and had later found a different issue please respond. He will began again to take a look at the valve body? or the belt? (may not be saying it correctly) Both expensive to replace! I was told by the GM dealership I last had it to that the warranty is voided due to the replaced trani was done under the original 100,000 mile warranty!??
    Good morning acurless,

I'm sorry to read about this very frustrating situation. If we can look further into this for you with your dealership, please send the following information to us at socialmedia@gm.com:
    Your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of the VIN and current mileage, the name of your involved dealership as well as any information about recent appointments you have (date, amount paid, etc).

Kind regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Thanks Sarah for getting back to me. I did not purchase this vehicle from a dealership. It was a private sale. Would you still need the information you have asked for?

Thanks
    Alison
    Hi there Alison,

Thanks for clarifying. It looked as though in your original post that you have had some work done at your GM dealership on the issues with your Vue, is this correct? Were you planning on continuing to work with them, or as your husband seems to be technically savvy (a great quality!) were you planning on pursuing alternatives?

A side note, I see that the transmission replacement was done 20,000 miles ago -- when was it done? And was this work done through a GM dealership to your knowledge?

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    edited July 2012
    Sarah thank you again for your time. I did have it at a local GM shop but they quoted me to much money to replace the trani again. almost $8,000
    The transmission was replaced at around 87,000 miles at a Saturn dealership that no longer exits that is what the GM manager told me. I did not look into it any further because he was the one that told me it was under the 100,000 mile warranty which would void any new warranty? At this point my husband's last approach would be to replace the Torque converter OR do a complete swap out of a engine/transmission to a manual..sounds like that is the only way to keep this vehicle moving?!
    I do not know what other alternative's there are with out spending more than what it is worth..I can not get any help from GM with it?

Again thank you for your response!
    Alison
    Hello Alison,

I understand that the mileage was at 87,000 (sounds like you're around 107,000 now, right?) when the transmission was replaced - do you know the approximate date?

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • subansuban Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2004 Saturn Vue AWD with 106k miles on it. I bought it used 4 months ago. I just finshed spending almost $1000 on the 100,000 mile check up and took it in because I had a check engine light and the transmission was not locking into direct drive when going down the highway. It would continuously be locking and unlocking and so the RPM's were always moving up and down a few hundred RPM's.
    So the GM dealer says I need a torque converter and it will cost $2000. Should I do it, or am I just going to be replacing the transmission later on anyway. And should I do the rear seal as well?

Or should I bail on this car and find something else?
    edited July 2012
    Hey sorry to see this but hate to say in all caps BAIL!!!! go as fast as you can to get out of this vehicle!!! :lemon: I love mine but still sitting in my garage until we order the torque convertor. After the fact we have had it to two shops had the transmission flushed and then my husband took it apart and replaced the clutches and pistons and did the pressure points.... NO one wants to work on them... You can not get any NEW parts all has to be from a junk yard or off computer or Pay outstanding amounts to the GM dealers. If and when we get our 05 vue awd with only 107,000 to run again, we are gonna drive it in for a trade in. As of now our third vehicle is a 01 Hyundai accent! 5 speed! with a 189,000 and is still running on original clutch!!!!IF you can another alternative my husband has thought of was to swap out the engine and the transmission to a 5 speed?? Just a thought to you... Best of luck!
  • jbuzzelljbuzzell Member Posts: 1
    This message is intended for Sarah at Customer Service. After canvassing many forums, I see that you are responding to inquiries regarding problems with particular cars. I have a Saturn Ion 2 (2004) and am on the cusp of needing a third transmission, the second transmission being installed in early 2010. It finally reached it's last leg yesterday, and now decisions have to be made; decisions that will be based upon available options. Original owner. The replacement was installed by warranty and paid labor only, which has been better than most stories. Regardless of that time, what options do I have here? The car is in great shape, runs great (sans a non-working transmission), and am not in a position to scrap it or drop the necessary $2500-$4000 that may be required by most dealer shops, if they will work on it at all. Is the trade-in option still valid? How about the percentage of paid costs for repairs? Obviously, thousands have had similar experiences, and while I struggle with the idea of having a third transmission installed on a single car with no other deficiencies, I would like to know if you can provide information that can be useful to ascertain what can/should be done to rectify the problem. And as this problem persists beyond replacement for most, until death of the car or by giving up from lack of continuous funding, I would quite interested in the trade in option. If requested, I can provide my email (or yours) so we can be more detailed about correcting this in a timely manner...i.e. 7-10 days. Thanks for your help
    Good evening jbuzzell,

We would be happy to look into this transmission matter with you. Please send the following information to us at socialmedia@gm.com: your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership. My coworker Christina, who answers inbound emails from the forum, will assist you further.

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • bismarck318bismarck318 Member Posts: 49
    edited August 2012
    the transmission was not locking into direct drive when going down the highway. It would continuously be locking and unlocking and so the RPM's were always moving up and down a few hundred RPM's.
    So the GM dealer says I need a torque converter and it will cost $2000.

This is strange, mine was doing this while in warranty, the dealership was in total denial of any problem & claimed the transmission is 'busy' & is always gearhunting... & the RPM fluxuations are a sign of this & 'normal'... Charged me diagnostic fees which aren't cheap... gee, you think I was duped?

Wonder what they would say now that it is totally out of warranty?
  • gmstinksgmstinks Member Posts: 4
    So has anyone replaced the transmission in the Vue with a transmission from another Saturn Vue that doesn't have the crappy transmission or a completely different transmission from another vehicle? Is something like this even possible?

My Vue took a turn for the worse in April and after going the rounds with a GM dealer who didn't do jack to help me I purchased a new car (a Hyundai...they are awesome btw) and have just been using the Vue for local stuff to make it hang on a little longer. The noises are getting louder and and I think that it will leave someone stranded someday soon. The body of the Vue is in good shape and seems fine other than the transmission and I would like to keep it if I could fix it for a reasonable amount of money.
  • s4sars4sar Member Posts: 4
    I contacted GM last xmas and was told I could take it in to a local GM dealer to have it diagnosed at their cost. i didn't feel comfortable driving it so it sat. But what do you do at that point when they say the diagnosis is a huge $$ fix cost. They have your transmission taken apart by that time and will they put it back together to be more broken than you started with? It's been a while since I checked and my memory isn't great but I think my Saturn has under $40K. It's been sitting on my driveway for 9 months now and counting because I am not comfortable starting out in 2nd gear, and not knowing when another gear is going to stop working.
  • subansuban Member Posts: 2
    I took my Vue to a local (good) transmission guy. The GM dealers don't even fix transmissions any more, they just replace them or the torque converter. You can probably just run it until it strands you somewhere and then get it fixed. But I needed a dependable car, so I took it to a local guy that has a special passion for transmissions. He rebuilt it and gave me a 3 year warranty on it for less money then it would have taken to have the torque converter changed out at the dealer. This guy made a good point. He said if your torque converter is going out, this is caused by something in the transmission and so you will just burn up the new torque converter at some point.
    These transmissions are definitely an issue that GM has not been willing to step up to. I had the same transmission in my Honda Odysee and had problems. Honda paid for a new transmission at 110,000 miles. I guess Honda stands behind their products more than GM.
  • jpatykowjpatykow Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 Vue 2.2L 4cyl engine. My transmission just puked yesterday. While doing some hunting I came across something that was interesting. Here is what I found.

After reading this I did some more digging and found this.

About 1/4 of the way down that page there is a link to information about the settlement. It lists a toll free number to call. I called the number and was told that even though my Date of service was out of range (ended in June), that I still qualified since I had the transmission rebuilt under warranty in 2008. I was told to contact a local GM dealer and I was eligible for a $5000 credit towards a new vehicle. Not sure if I will be taking them up on the offer (not sure if I want a new car payment) but it was interesting to find this out since I never heard anything about a settlement until then.
  • walt79walt79 Member Posts: 4
    My girl friend has a 2006 saturn vue about a year and a half ago it started to develop a shudder. I look it over and traced it back to the toque convertor a little while later she gets a recall letter in the mail stating - {take your vue to a local gm dealer to have the pcm re flashed and if that does not work to take it back to the dealer within 6 months and they would change the convertor} well we had the re flash done at a local dealer as soon as we leave the shudder is still there we take it back they give us the bull crap of the tires are not balanced thats were the shudder is coming from. I take the car back to my shop pull the wheels and re balance them they are perfect back to gm we go now its the convertor but that dealer is not serviced to do the recall. I call the gm help line and am told to take it to a different dealer so we do last thursday they tell us its a bad ecm and thats under warranty they are going to change it and do the re flash then drive to check the issue today i call to see how the car is and get told that the shudder is still there and the issue is in the drive line not the convertor and that they will not change the Torque convertor. Oh by the way alittle history here im 33 years old, i am the head mechanic for the twp i live in i have been working on cars at the dealership leval since i was twenty and keep up to date with my cert.'s i have alot of friends at alot of different dealers around the area.
    The issue with the shudder is the fluid bypassing internaly in the torque convertor when it goes into lock up, this dealer is saying that when you drive the car and it begins to shudder the mechanic depresses the brake pedal and the shudder goes away that is why they are saying its not the convertor well any half decent mechanic knows that when the torque convertor goes into a lock up condition its in over drive as the brake pedal is depressed the convertor lock up switch disengages the lock up so the engine will not stall as you are stopping. I asked the service writer and manager to go for a ride with me and bring their scanner to verify the convertor issue its easy the scanner they have can shut the convertor lock up switch off if you drive and the shudder starts turn the switch off and if it goes away its the convertor. thesem idiots at the dealer are saying it could be a wireing issue ive already been throught the wiring and the flushing of the fluid and the driveline control module as per general motors testing. The only reason its at gm is because the convertor is covered under there recall and they refuse to admit they are wrong and change the convertor out. This is such a croc cause i know at toyota when the pedals were bad we were changing them even on cars that were not in the recalls. The service rep from gm says to me today what can we do to resolve this issue i tell her replace the convertor like your recall states you will she says well the car is not under warrenty i say yeah i know but the recall gm sent us ans the dealer recall both states the warrenty times and that if the reflash does not work the dealer is to replace the convertor how hard is it for them to comprhend
    Good morning walt79,

If you would like for us to look into the Service Request you have open to make sure we're doing all that we can on our end, please email either the reference number (71-**********) or the last 8 digits of your VIN and Edmunds username to socialmedia@gm.com

• addidas40addidas40 Member Posts: 14
    This post is for all of the people who have had problems with GM. I have also dealt with GM regarding the faulty Vti transmissions and GM goes through the so called process of opening a case but they will not do anything. They might split the cost with you to repair a defective transmission that they installed and it costs bout $6000.00. So that means the customer has to pay $3000.00 for a transmission that was no good to begin with. There was a class action lawsuit but GM filed bankruptcy and is no longer obligated to fix the problem. Here are a few things that you can do and remember the more people who file complaints the more likely that these problems will be looked into.

Information regarding the class action lawsuit
    http://www.lakinlaw.com/CM/ClassAction/ClassAction55.asp

You can file complaints with :
    National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
    Website http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Owners/

Better Business Bureau
    Website http://www.bbb.org/

Post your problem for the VTi transmission on forum boards

Write your local politicians
    Congressmen, local officials and attorney general you can find your local officials at c-span. You may have to Google your state and attorney general separately to find out who that is.
    http://www.c-span.org/CongressDirectory/

Last but not least you can write the CEO of GM
    Mr. Daniel Akerson
    CEO GM
    300 Renaissance Center
    Detroit, MI 48265

Here is the website for the lawsuit that was filed.
    http://www.lakinlaw.com/

Twitter
    http://twitter.com/gmcustomersvc

Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/generalmotors?v+wall
  • hayzoosmiohayzoosmio Member Posts: 1
    message to Christina (GM Cust svc) what is your 800 number. (regrding 06 Saturn Tranmission) thxs
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Here's the contact page for Saturn customers.
    Well since my last post the dealer the car was at who is authorized to work on saturns was telling us they would not change the converter because that was not the problem so I got back in touch with gm and explained it to the rep that it was the converter and argued the fact that the dealer could not answer either one of us on what the shutter was so gm let me take it to another dealer where they have determined it was the converter and are replacing it under the recall they also stated that when they got the car the reflash that the certified shop said they did was never done. If your in Delaware county pa do not use Thomas Chevrolet for service the body shop is real good just sucks they have such idiots on the service side. It's been my experience dealing with this that gm will help in every possible way it's the dealers that are doing the wrong.
  • csanderson1csanderson1 Member Posts: 1
    I have an 04 Saturn Vue..I know they have bad transmissions..GM won't help..my RPMs occasionally elevate..does seem to be shifting..shudders at low speeds sometimes but when I let of the gas it will stop..I owe money on this vehicle, can't afford to replace the trans with another bad one, in no financial shape to buy another vehicle, any suggestions? Can changing the fluid help at all? Can Lucas additive be added to VTI?
  • terence2terence2 Member Posts: 1
    Many people have this problem, myself included. What worked for me is to change the transmission oil - believe it or not. My Vue has 165,000 km on it and still runs. It seems that this problem crops up again about every 20,000k and the last 3 times a change of transmission oil has done the trick. I suspect thid problem actually has something to do with the software written for controlling the transmission, but i have no way to check.
    terence2,

I see that you've found a way to work about your concern, but noticed that you are using kilometers as your unit of measure and am guessing that your writing from Canada. If you had ever wanted to speak with GM of Canada (Customer Service for your region), they can be contacted at 800-263-3777 (Hours: M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm, Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST).

• shurrayshurray Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2003 Saturn Vue who recently was diagnosed with a transmission problem. Did some research on it and found out that either GM would pay for half of the repair or issue an $5000 credit towards a new car. Now I only have 72, 000.00 mile on the vehicle and I purchased it brand new. I was told that my warranty had expired in 2010, but I was still under 100 thousand miles, so I did qualify because of the mileage. My thoughts were why should I have to pay half for a faulty transmission from the beginning. I really didn't want another car payment, but I needed another vehicle, so I opted to use the $5000 credit. Going back and forth with the dealership with the financing, I just choose to forget about the new car and go ahead with the 50/50 split for repairs. Now the dealership has had my vehicle going on 2 months. I called GM (representatives) to let them know I wanted it fixed. They tell me that I was never offered the split on the repairs. One thing I do know is that I am not retarded and I know what was offered to me. I am really frustrated and feel I have no where to turn and after being treat like this. There is no way I purchase ANYTHING from GM
  • dgomezdgomez Member Posts: 12
    Hi,

I've posted for the last 2 years about my 2005 Saturn Vue AWD 4 cyl. Last year, I had my 4th trans put in, and I was told I had a three year warranty, but I got the run around from Martin Cadillac in Los Angeles this week. I had to bring in my Vue for a 5th transmission repair/replacement, and now they are saying that the last transmission was only covered for one year. I took my car in, they kept it for several days, then when they isolated the problem, they then told me they couldnt fix it for free. They want me to pay $2,500 for half of the repairs, or they offered me 5k toward a new GM Car, but funny thing is that they wont return my calls when I have asked for the details of this offer. I'm a single parent with 2 kids, and I this car is paid off, but now I have been ignored. I thought this car would last a lot longer. I dont have good credit, so I cant even buy a new GM car. I might be able to get a family member to help me lease a car... This is so upsetting! :mad: :lemon:
    Im having the same issues with backpedaling. I think that something has happened in GM land and they just arent as responsive as they used to be. They appear to be tired of this issue with Saturn owners. I'm glad you posted, because I was thinking of fixing mine for the $2,500, and maybe I shouldnt. Im sorry you are going thru this too. :(
    I am truly sorry that GMC has forgotten about loyalty to their consumers. I have now been told by GMC, that they won't cover the repairs at 50/50. I have to pay for the whole thing. Or take the credit towards a new car. Really???????
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    shurray and dgomez,

If you have questions about anything happening with your District Specialist, we will do our best to clarify what the resolution is. Please contact us via email at socialmedia@gm.com with either your case number or the last 8 digits of your VIN with your inquiry.

• sin1sin1 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me how to find out if my 2004 Sasturn vue awd v6 has a recall on the torque converter. I have to replace both cadilytic converters to pass inspection but My car shakes,rattels.&rolls at low speeds. I have been told these cars are headaches. Mine has no air since compressor went out. Scared to repair but I love the no car payment &car. Son has wrecked twice and now needs new trailing arm do to bent,causing the tires to weAR EVERY YEAR. i ALSO NEED NEW struts,brakes. I am leaning on repairs since they can be spaced out so I can give to my son. To keep or not to keep that is the queston??????????
    Unfortunately 2004 Vue V6 models are not covered under the recall. Have no idea why and I think it is absolutely ridiculous since we have the same exact equipment.

I myself had the issues you mentioned and we were talked into a completely new transmission and torque converter at our expense.

It's been about 8 months and I'm still fuming over the fact that I had to pay to fix this well documented issue when 2005 and above Vues are covered but mine wasn't even thought it is the same model and has the same equipment.

:mad:
    sin1,
    If you had wanted for us to check to see if there are any open recalls on your 2004 Vue, please email your request to socialmedia@gm.com (include the last 8 digits of your VIN).

• mrstorresmrstorres Member Posts: 1
    May I ask what engine do you have? A 2.2 or 3.0L?
    Well, I'm kind of relieved that at least we get the credit for a new car seeing that a Saturn Vue is worth like 3-4k in good condition. They could have just ignored us and no one would have done anything about it since the settlement only went to 100k miles. After my 4th transmission, its time to call it a day. I think I will get the GMC Terrain as a lease with my mom's good credit. I really loved my Vue, and hate to see it go.
    Congratulations to us! We got a credit and I really hate to see mine go, especially since I had no car note and the body was in excellent condition.
  • fred168fred168 Member Posts: 1
    Walt79
    Where did you find out about a recall on 2006 Saturn Vue.
    I have a 2006 Saturn Vue and it is now having a transmission problem that sounds a lot like your problem.
    But when I look for a recall, I can not find any info about it.
    Can you give me any info on this "recall"
    fred168,
    If we can check your vehicle's information for any open recalls, please send the last 8 digits of your VIN, name and contact information, and inquiry to socialmedia@gm.com .
    Walt:

Sorry to heqr about your problems with your Saturn. Unfortunately, I don't recasll the site where I found the recall information on the VUE. However, I did find a phone number that I used to contact GMC. I hope this helps. Good Luck!!!!! 866-790-5700
    Sorry my computer has been down. Gm actually sent a recall letter to us about a year ago. I will go back threw my paper work and see if I still have the recall number and gm's dealer paper work
  • nrl84nrl84 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Walt, I'm goin through a similar problem with my girlfriends 05 vue with a dealer in newcastle de. They want to reprogram the pcm. They are telling me the shudder problem is a misfire. I'm not a stranger to cars and know it's not a miss, correct me if I'm wrong but a miss to cause shudder that bad would throw a code and have the service light on. They found a miss code, but unless I'm wrong the comp stores all misfires until it becomes a constant problem then sends the service light on, No light is on and problem getting worse over pass 10 months. Was wondering if you can point me to the dealer you were satisfied with,
    Thanx
  • jgieselmanjgieselman Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    just purchased this. Has 103,000 miles. Trans was replaced at 89,000. I thought car would be good to go, but now am concerned. Only problem I've noticed is when shifting into neutral (at 5-10 MPH) car slows with 1/2 sec pulses. It does this in forward and reverse. Anyone else seen this?