Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Thinking of Buying a Used Denali XL

nashornnashorn Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in GMC
Not sure what year to go for? What would you get? or should I just get a plain YukonXL. Don't plan to offroad but do good to my cabin in tahoe on a snow road. Will used for weekend and long trips only.
Thanks

Comments

• ahightowerahightower Member Posts: 539
    A regular Yukon XL would suffice, but with SUV prices so low these days, I'd probably spring for the Denali, or even an Escalade ESV, and enjoy the extra luxury. The 6.0 might be more power than you need and surely gets lower gas mileage, but I'm just browsing on Carmax here and seeing a 2004 Escalade ESV loaded with 51K miles for $25,000. If I was in the market that would be awfully tempting. As far as what model year, I don't know of any significant mechanical differences or upgrades during that entire time span, so just get the one with the right mileage and price for you. Another thing I'd consider is wheel/tire size. Some of them will have 20's and others will just have 16, 17, or 18. I'm no tire expert, but I suspect you will find replacement tires that cost less, last longer, and have better snow traction if you avoid the dubs.
  • jgittlemanjgittleman Member Posts: 3
    Interested in taking over a lease for an 07 XL White with 25k miles?
  • eager_beavereager_beaver Member Posts: 2
    We just bought an '04 Yukon Denali XL. Its black and has every option available at the time including BOTH dvd and sunroof.

So far it's awesome.
This discussion has been closed.