Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Grand Prix 2001 No power to climate control then sometimes it just starts

simply_petersimply_peter Member Posts: 1
edited August 2014 in Pontiac
Just purchased car. Climate controls don't work and then rendomly start working. I replaced the fan resistor and when it does have power it works for all settings, but sometimes when I turn it on it just doesn't get power. Then 5 or 10 minutes later it will get power and just start working. When it is running it seems like every setting works fine. When it's not getting power I can't get any of the options to work.

Anyone have any ideas? Is it possible the control panel is bad? I was going to take the dash panel off to check for loose connections, but wanted to check online before taking things apart.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Comments

• Options
    washfordwashford Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2001 and had similar intermittent electrical problems (A/C fan, trip computer, and lights were intermittent.) Mine turned out to be the ignition switch.
  • Options
    c29160c29160 Member Posts: 5
    check your fuse muke sure there is no corrosion or electrical arcing. I would pull the panel and run the the climate control until it loses power then back probe the wires to see if it is getting power, if it is the control unit is bad if it isnt getting any your in for a long rough ride tracking an interittent electrical prob takes a lot of time and patience.
  • Options
    lowrider25lowrider25 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2005 Grand Prix with the same problem, works when it wants to but not when I what it to. I hope there is an answer out there some were, october in maine is pretty cold.
This discussion has been closed.