Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2000 security light comes on while driving

sugar3941sugar3941 Member Posts: 6
edited April 2014 in Chevrolet
2000 security light comes on while driving. it just started doing this. i checked all the doors and locks to see if they are shutting properly and the locks are working right. Does any one have a clue on what is going on?

Comments

• Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    You may find some clues in Chevy Blazer security light blinking and car won't start. Have a look. :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    sugar3941sugar3941 Member Posts: 6
    i checked this link out and no one ever answered the mans question. so its not going to help me. :confuse:
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Maybe someone will step in here to help you out. Anyone?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    cowboyscottcowboyscott Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 Blazer with the daytime running lamps. I found that my battery was dead so I fully charged it. Next morning it was dead again but I made sure that nothing was left on over night. Upon inspecting my charging system and all fuses I noticed that my lights would come on all by themselves. I did not have the key in the ignition or anything else turned on. I could just stand there and watch them turn on without any interaction. Almost like they have a mind of their own. Im assuming that it is a relay or the drl module but I thought Id check on here before tearing my whole dash apart chasing the problem.
    Thank you
This discussion has been closed.