Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 VW Passat CC

Comments

• golf9596golf9596 Member Posts: 5
    Just got the end of the month call...quoted price is now 26,880 and 2k for my 2002 jeep liberty w/170K....May have to deal this Monday....
  • dan41dan41 Member Posts: 182
    Is this for a new 2010 CC or a 2009? What is the MSRP? Does the "26,800" include destination and/or dealer prep? If not, what are those charges? Thanx!
  • golf9596golf9596 Member Posts: 5
    This price included destination and $1000 from VW to dealer incentive. This offer was good through Monday 30.2009. I haven't sat down and made a deal yet, so I
    don't know if there are any additional fees other than tx,title and license. I am looking at a 2010 model. I would think the two 2009 models left on the lot would generate a better deal, but they are missing a few features over the 2010 model. hope this helps.
    PS: They also have 1.9% interest rate through January 1,2010.
  • rocksearocksea Member Posts: 3
    I continue to have 1 rear bulb going on and off and the sensor indicates as such on the dash dsiplay. I told my dealer it cannot be the bulb if it keeps going on and off, but they insisted it was and simply replaced the bulb. Day later, the sensor was on again, bulb out - next day, all is fine. Now... the dealer says they will replace the socket. I am worried about the wire to that one bulb!
    I have a 2009 CC - 4 cyl manual trans. I noticed about 3 months after owning it, there was some "coughing / sputtering" softly underfoot when stopped at a light. Very intermittent mild hesitation that went away in a few days, but the occassional sputter while stopped at the light continued. NUMEROUS complaints to dealer: 1) said it was nothing, 2) said it was the throttle sensor error as if I had just stalled the car (well, I hadn't "just" stalled it, but had stalled about a handful of times since owning), 3) then finally said the throttle valve motor was occasionally sticking - replaced the motor about a 3 weeks ago and it has been fine! (although I have fortunately not stalled the car since, too). Hope this helps.
    I have a 2009 CC 4 cyl manual. If I purchase methanol free gasoline, I get a few MPG higher. I commute 26 miles one-way to work - mostly highway and interstate 50-70 mph: I will average up to 34 mpg in the morning (no a/c) and about 28-30 mpg in the afternoon (a/c cranked + heavier traffic). Around town (small town), I will get more like 27-29 mpg. If I put the cruise on the "sweet spot" of about 55-60 mph, I can get up to 38 mpg - any faster or slower, mpg drops.
  • ccownerccowner Member Posts: 5
    Scamp479 did you ever receive an answer this issue i too am looking to add this feature especially after reading it in the owners manual. I did talked with the dealership and they say they are not allowed to activate the key, it is only authorized in Germanay, but they said it is often done by outside sources. i have yet to find anyone that knows how to program the key to perform this funciton
  • melonball3melonball3 Member Posts: 25
    I, too, have a 2010 CC - 4 cyl manual trans. I am noticing a slight sputter/light shaking, again as mentioned almost like starting to stall.

I have not stalled my car in the month I've had it, so that has not caused it. I am going to see if it gets worse over the next little while and also try to notice if it happens at particular times. I may put a call to the dealer that I think something is up and see what they have to say.
  • lastory1lastory1 Member Posts: 8
    Can i get the lease rates for a 2009 cc lux with dynaudio, rear airbags, chrome tips for 36/39 months 15,000 (the price they are quoting for the car right now is 29,500) but there is also this $3,000 cash incentive for leasing I found on the edmunds site, can you explain how all that works and how i negoiate it into the deal, thanks they're offer 0% for 60 months too so i'm just trying to figure out the best deal.
  • bronsonbbronsonb Member Posts: 170
    My wife and I just purchased our third VW. On Saturday, my wife picked up a 2009 VW CC VR6 at a steep discount as it was the last 2009 VR6 the dealer had. It was 10K off MSRP.

At the closing table, after much back and forth, we agreed to get the extended maintenance agreement. This is the VW-backed Extended Vehicle Protection Plan: Platinum Coverage. We got it for $1750 with 0% financing over 18 months with the right to cancel it w/o any penalty in the first 30 days. The first offer on the warranty was at $2500. I don't know how much lower they'd have gone, but I think that was near "bottom."

I am wondering what experiences others have had with this program. If there's a specific VW forum for this, please let me know. I looked but couldn't find one. Looking at what it does not cover (brake pads, rotors, cv boots), those are the major things we had fail during the ownership of our 1999 V6 Passat (which we are keeping -- 150K miles...still going strong).

The finance guy, whose been with this dealer for over 10 years, said he'd seen a number of cases where the warranty had paid for half-shaft replacement after CV boot failure. But normally, if the axle had not failed, the replacement of the boot would be my issue. Of course, in the past, the maintenance people always just recommended replacement the entire half-shaft rather than just the boot. Has anyone on this board had a half-shaft replaced under this warranty after a CV joint failed when the boot had broken? It's just that I see this item as something we might actually get replaced under this warranty, so that's why I am curious.

Outside of these questions, the wife LOVES the CC. It really is a hot looking car, and she was already turning heads today when she was out on the road. We had been looking at Audi and Infiniti, but we got such a deal on this VR6, we couldn't pass it up. Yeah, it's a 2009 and not a 2010, but it's got everything she wanted. It DOES NOT have NAV or backup camera, but she's fine with that.

Anyway, thanks for your help.
  • skr2skr2 Member Posts: 32
    2009 CC Sport 2.0 (i think they have 1 left in my area) and 2010 CC Sport 2.0
    any suggestions for buying prices for the above would be highly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions..
  • twvwtwvw Member Posts: 2
    My first cc luxury was totaled with just 1800 miles on it. It was parked in our attached garage when a drunk driver drove up our driveway and through our garage door. We live on a cul-de-sac in the country. Go figure. If I could sent pictures I would. The front of our car was push through the back wall of our garage into our family room. We also had a 1998 z3 parked in the garage. It also took a bit of a beating. We have since had the house and bmw repaired and have replaced the cc with a new 2009 cc luxury model. When we purchased the new cc there was an additional $2000 incentive so that was something good that came out of this mess.
    We enjoy the cc and have not had any problems with this vehicle or the other before the wreck.
  • And was the drunk driver repaired? :shades:
  • twvwtwvw Member Posts: 2
    The drunk driver backed out of the garage and took off. He was caught about 4 miles away. He didn't need repairing but, I'm sure he would be happy to know that you are so concerned.
  • Well, ya know, repairing him might require such things as jail time, breathalyzer control on his car, payment for all damages, court ordered therapy...
  • easman61easman61 Member Posts: 28
    Regarding post 151 - do any of the rest of you have this problem with the CC? Is this isolated or a real issue? I am going to test drive today and if this is true - it is a deal breaker. Comparing to TSX. Love the way the CC looks and love what I've read about fit / finish. Your CC's look great folks!
  • easman61easman61 Member Posts: 28
    Really impressed with fit/ finish of the automobile. Didn't realize that free routine maintenance for first 36 months. Car felt like my old Audi TT or a 2009 MB C300 that I recently drove. I did notice a kind of sputtering at a stoplight when I let my foot off the brake. The sales rep noticed it to and said it wasn't normal. I have read a couple of posts about it and it makes me a little concerned that a car with 49 miles on the clock would do this. Hoping that he can talk to service on Monday and find out that it's nothing. Car was an automatic and had all weather mats in the trunk and the IPOD interface as far as options and they had a "no haggle" price on it of $28,756. Definitely a contender to the Acura TSX. Got it narrowed down these two for now.
  • vwkzvwkz Member Posts: 1
    I bought a CC sport MT in July and paid 25,250+TTF for a car with chrome exhaust tips, and the mat kit. I've loved having the car, but do wish I had the new radio in the 2010, but it wasn't worth waiting especially with the price the dealer was willing to do.

I know they had better prices in October/November, but oh well. If you can find a '10 without the badging on the trunk go for it!
  • matokmatok Member Posts: 3
    Hi "vwkz",

Could you please explain the difference in the 2010 CC with and without badging on the trunk?

Thank you!
    I need lease figures for a 2009 cc lux with chrome tips and bluetooth 36 months 15,000 miles. Tomorrow is the last day i can get this deal.
  • azbratazbrat Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my 09 CC Lux back in Jan 09. I love my car! But have had numerous problems with it.

1) DRL indicator seems to work when it wants to. I leave my lights on the "Automatic" and have taken it to the dealer 3x already since the DRL indicator comes on and off when it wants to. The dealer schooled me on when I am in a tunnel or when night comes. Yes, I know how the DRL works but to no avail has this been fixed. I know have to video when this happens to show the dealer that there is an issue with this problem.

2) I've had the "rear tail out" appear on my dash 2x now and had the bulb replaced shortly after purchasing my car.

3) Now there is a separation from the metal trim piece right above the steering column from the tan plastic. The metal trim piece has been replaced but the separation from metal trim piece and plastic is still there. Also I have started to hear a very loud rattling sound from the the instrument cluster/dash area and that's when the metal trim piece was replaced but the rattle is still there.

Has other CC owners experienced these problems like I have?

:confuse:
    I leased a 2010 VW CC Sport 2.0 Manual in November 11, 2009. Black/Black with CC "Protection" package (aka chrome pipes, mat in trunk, and splash guard)

1) I have NO issue with the water "pouring" out the doors -- in fact, I don't have any water leaking anywhere.

2) I had a slight issue with a sputter/coughing with the car when I first got it. I have not noticed it over the last few weeks at all, and when I was feeling it, I figured it out that it was happening when the car was running cold.

3) My final numbers are (Pennsylvania Lease) = $333.46 INCLUDING lease tax (9% in suburban PA). My dealer was very aggressive on the CC, and to make the deal, bought me out of a lease on a Lexus IS 250 with 4 months left at $500 a month, PLUS plowed in $1,300 toward the new car. I basically came out on top on a car I didn't even own - no other dealer would make this offer. I wrote a check for $500 at signing.

4) TSX vs CC: I was also stuck between the TSX and the CC (which sounds like most people on this forum end up between these two). I am probably out of the normal range of the posters on this form, age 30 Female, as it appears this is more of a "guys" car in the 2.0 manual, and purchased more for the "wife" if the V6 auto.

Anyways...Ultimately, it came down to overall drive and interior appointments, and of course, price. I was leasing either way, and I was definitely getting Manual Trans. I had ruled out both the BMW 3 and Audi A4, based on what I felt to be less value for the $$.

I thought the TSX drove well with the MT, but the drive of the CC could not be beat. I also felt the TSX lacked a bit of..."something" on the interior...it all felt very plastic-y to me. Don't get me wrong, The TSX interior is nice, beautiful leather, but everything else just seemed like black plastic. It didn't seem to match the outside of a good-looking car.

I kept going back to the CC. The whole package is a "looker" when on the road and I LOVE the touch screen radio - what a great addition for 2010 and the scheduled maintenance (PLUS state inspection AND emission from my dealer for 3 years complimentary) was unmatch-able. My CC is badged on the back with the CC 2.0T, and I don't mind it. I thought I was going to and was going to have the dealer remove it, but it blends nicely with the rest of the chrome and so it stays.

Hope you all are enjoying your CC's (sorry to hear about your loss to a drunk driver...that sucks) and to those on the TSX/CC fence, make the jump to CC.
    The "Badging" on the 2010 CC is simply that the back of the car says "CC" on the left lower side of the trunk and "2.0T" on the right lower side of the trunk. The letters are approx 0.75" high and done in chrome.

In 2009, VW did not "badge" the car with "CC" or "2.0T" on the trunk, so from the back the car only has the VW symbol on the trunk.

I was aware of this change for 2010, and I thought I was going to really hate the badging on the back but it's fine and goes with the rest of the chrome trim.

If you really do not like it, most dealers will remove it free of charge -- my dealer offered to if I wanted it gone. I barely notice it.

Get the 2010 - the touch screen radio is great! The badge can get taken care of if you don't like it.
  • markmacleanmarkmaclean Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a 2010 CC and I'm very happy with it. It came with the optional iPod adaptor in the glove box. My only complaint is that I get a little "hiccup" at the beginning of every song on the iPod. This is especially noticeable with albums where songs seemlessly transition (ie - "Dark Side of the Moon"). I brought it in to the dealer and they said they couldn't hear the problem, but that was because they were skipping from one song to the next. You have to let the songs transition to hear the issue. Has anyone else experienced this - and do you know of a fix?
  • luxuryccluxurycc Member Posts: 2
    I have a 09 Luxury CC with the nav and Mdi unit for the ipod and had the same problem, hiccups at the beginning of songs. My dealer replaced the Mdi unit in the glove box. This took care of the problem.Hope this helps. Jim
  • luxuryccluxurycc Member Posts: 2
    I am thinking of replacing the stock Halogen Lamps with Silverstar Ultra lamps. I had then in my Dodge Charger and they made a big improvement. Has anybody tried this yet? Thanks Jim
  • markmacleanmarkmaclean Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Jim! This helps immensely.
  • kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    Dear Pat & Karens:

Could you kindly provide the current MF and Residual for the above referenced car based on 36/10, 36/12, 39/10 and 39/12. Are there any incentives or marketing support?

Many Thanks,

Steve
  • ccguyccguy Member Posts: 5
    Hello everyone,

Got a 2.0T CC Sport in November 09. When I step on the throttle (around 2k rpm) I can hear hissing noise, some kind of vacuum-like air flow from the engine compartment. the noise eases out as the speed picks up.

I didn't notice this untill last week. did any of the CC owners notice this?

Thanks.

HK
  • ccguyccguy Member Posts: 5
    Hello everyone,

Got a 2.0T CC Sport in November 09. When I step on the throttle (around 2k rpm) I can hear hissing noise, some kind of vacuum-like air flow from the engine compartment. the noise eases out as the speed picks up.

I didn't notice this untill last week. did any of the CC owners notice this?

Thanks.

HK
  • kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    Dear Pat & Karens:

Could you kindly provide the current MF and Residual for the above referenced car based on 36/10, 36/12, 39/10 and 39/12. Are there any incentives or marketing support?

Many Thanks,

Steve
  • cctxcccctxcc Member Posts: 2
    What's going on CC owners.

That hissing noise is the Turbo spooling up. The turbo is located just between the glove box and radio on the other side of the fire wall.

Just picked up silver 09 CC Luxury with Navi, Bluetooth, Dynaudio with 13k miles for 21k on the 10th. Love the way it looks and drive but discovered it needed a little more power.

Took a 2 hour trip out of town to add some HP and got 33 mpg doing 75 mph. Now the 2.0T has VR6 power with more torque and weighs 600 pounds less.

WP
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Taking a 2 hour trip added more HP? I am confused. I want the 2.0T engine. It simply rolls the Jetta in the Wolfsburg edition. So much fun!!
  • He got his 2.0T chipped. Easy enough to do, but sometimes you have to drive a distance to find someone to do it right.
    Can I get the figures for a 2010 CC Sport DSG with chrome tips and ipod adapter 36 months 15,000 miles. I am getting dealer invoice 28049, minus the $1,500 lease bonus cash but I have to roll in $2237 in payments and mile overage from my current lease - just trying to find the best deal possible. I think I should be able to get the deal for $400-$500 drive off and $450 a month including 9.75% tax. Can anyone let me know if this is deal I can get. I have a friends and family coupon for dealer invoice that the dealerships say they will honor but the lowest quote i have is $485 a month. Thanks.
  • cctxcccctxcc Member Posts: 2
    Didn't get it "CHIPPED", simply got the ECM reprogramed for more boost. Adds 40 to 70 HP depending on what octane gas you use.

www.goapr.com
  • That is the same thing. Chipped is shorthand for ECM reprogramming.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Wouldn't that void your warranty? As it is pushing everything past factory specs.
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    Can this engine be had with AWD?
  • hockey16hockey16 Member Posts: 1
    Bought a 2010 2.0 T CC in Nov. When I accelerate, right before the turbo kicks in it sounds like a knocking and pinging (as you would get in a older car with bad gas). I took it back to my local dealer, they replaced the Turbo and told me that noise I'm hearing is normal. I did not accept that VW would allow such a noise to be present every time you accelerate :( I called VW customer service asking them to either fix the noise or buy back the car. They could not do anything unless the Regional Service Manager looked at it. I met with the local VW Service Manager and he also said the noise is normal and that when it warms up it should go away. I told him that that really was not a answer to what I would consider a factory flaw.
    Is anyone else experiencing this issue. I Have severe buyers remorse!!!
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Member Posts: 1,681
    They replaced the turbo???

Did they say specifically what was wrong with it?

Is this noise constant or is it intermittent?

I'm assuming you didn't notice this sound when test driving (I didn't)...ask to drive another one...or go to another dealer and ask to drive one.

Looking from the outside, it looks like it would be a simple task of getting the mechanic to drive with you...first your car then another on the lot (assuming they don't make the sound).
  • vwccmanvwccman Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone experienced, or heard of, any problems with the EPC & MIL indicator lamps going off on their VW CC's? I had this issue repaired one week ago on my 2009 car which has 10K miles and it reappeared just the other evening; however, this time my car was shaking and bucking wildly with smoke spewing from the exhaust.....I find this very disturbing and alarming. I will be calling the dealership on Monday morning to report the problem.
  • krutkoskikrutkoski Member Posts: 5
    My CC is almost a year old and has been back for service 4X for the check engine light (and the EPC light). Mine has had black smoke pouring from it and also the shaking, which has started just recently. Today it was in because the light was on and there was a burning smell. I was told that a sensor was ordered. When questioned about the smell I was told that it was all related...huh? Don't know where to go with this as it is a lease vehicle and they cover all repairs.
  • m.lm.l Member Posts: 3
    Car Man -- Do you have the residual value and money factor for a 2010 VW CC Luxury? 36 months, 10k or 12k miles per year. In So Cal.
  • vwccmanvwccman Member Posts: 4
    Turns out that on my 2nd visit for service it was determined that the EPC/MIL lights, the shaking and the smoke that was pouring from the exhaust were all caused by a leaking fuel injector.....when that was rectified the indicator lights were still on and it was determined that the oxygen sensor was fried as a result of the leaking fuel injector so had to wait another 3 days for the sensor to be received/replaced, but all seems well now with the car although I haven't really used it all that much with the inclement weather.....the first time the EPC/MIL lamps went on it turned out to be the engine speed sensor so they replaced the crankshaft sensor and plug....still waiting on VW America for some lease payment forgiveness as I have been without use of the vehicle for approx 1 month.
    My car goes back to the service department tomorrow for the sensor to be replaced but not sure which sensor. The check engine light comes on for a day and then goes out the next but the shaking is constant...I don't see how a sensor is going to change that. One fuel injector and a spark plug have already been replaced...what next?
  • dave98dave98 Member Posts: 1
    The timing of this post probably could not be at a worse time. I think my wife experienced a sudden acceleration in her 2009 CC. She was pulling into a parking lot. She had an older passenger with her. It was raining. She says as she was pulling into the parking spot the car made a sudden noise (engine?) and accelerated into a parked Honda Accord. She moved the Accord about 4 feet. The only damage was the licsence plate holder on the Honda and 2 bolt marks in the VW. My wife says she had to release the brakes and reapply them to get the car to stop moving. The passenger says she remembers the car sounding like the engine was making more noise. She had to make about a 180 degree turn to get into the parking spot. I don't think she would have (or could have) been going fast enough to move the Honda 4 feet.

After talking to my wife, passenger, and a witness, I focused on the brakes. VW has checked them out to bo OK. I have driven the car numerous times and the brakes seem to be OK. However, now with the Toyota debacle, I wonder if we had some kind of sudden acceleration.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Also, we have a buring smell that comes from under the car. I only notice it in the garage after driving it. The car has 13K miles on it.

We really like the car a lot but my wife now has deep seated concerns about driving it close to other cars (like parking lots and heavy traffic).

Thanks, Dave
    Yes, I have had that burning smell and VW keeps telling me that it is nothing. Of course with all the other issues that I've had with the "chech engine" light coming on, the service guys are probably just tired of dealing with me.
  • The fact that she had to release the brakes and reapply them suggests the most obvious cause of unintended acceleration. She actually had put her foot on the accelerator, while intending the brake. Years ago, Audi was almost brought down by unintended acceleration, which on investigation showed that people sincerely believed they were braking (and no one could tell them otherwise). Luckily, your wife reacted quickly and tried to brake again. Most people in those situations, just jam harder on the accelerator trying to get the car to stop. Now, mind you, the Toyota problem appears to be a lot more complicated than that.
  • jamcanadajamcanada Member Posts: 1
    Yeah, I had the burning smell for a few days before the EPC light came on and then smoke came out of the exhaust. The car then went dead and had to be towed back to the dealership. I was tolled a sensor was burnt out in the gas tank and it was replaced. It's been over a month now since it has been fixed. I am really nervous that this might happen again soon. Other than that I do love my ride.