Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 VW Passat CC

Comments

• krutkoskikrutkoski Member Posts: 5
    I had the sensor replaced but the check engine light keeps coming on then going off. I am afraid of the car smoking again so I'm looking into the Lemon Law.
  • dk90210dk90210 Member Posts: 5
    Car Man -- Do you have the residual value and money factor for a 2010 VW CC Sport? 36 months, 10k or 12k miles per year. In So Cal.
  • kvhall2kvhall2 Member Posts: 1
    Hello. We're leasing a 2010 VW CC 2.0 Turbo and since we've gotten it, there's been a rattle coming from the front during acceleration. We took it to the dealer and he told us it was the flex pipe. Apparently there's some sort of mesh cage around it that rattles. Has anyone heard of this problem. I'm told there's no plans for any sort of recall. Just curious. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!
  • colin_lcolin_l Member Posts: 591
    edited June 2010
    I'm going to assume you have your answer by now...

But anyway, a flex pipe is part of the exhaust system. Usually you find them on the turbocharger downpipe, but they can be elsewhere. They look like this: http://tinyurl.com/2fu87mw

They don't make noise on their own. They could allow the exhaust to move enough for a heat shield to hit something, though.

Otherwise-- rattling during exhaust often is detonation. Are you using premium fuel?
  • roadmaster45roadmaster45 Member Posts: 13
    Hello everyone, need some help here. Wondering if I can get some feed back on the CC. Thinking of getting one, was wondering for all those who already have one is there any major problems with them, also what would be better 6cyl, or 2.0. Your help and input on the car would be greatly appreciated, Thanks so much Roadmaster45
  • bronsonbbronsonb Member Posts: 170
    Hi Roadmaster:

I can only speak about the VR6. My wife and I have one purchased last December and she simply loves it. We never even test drove the 2.0, so I can't compare, but the VR6 is VERY fast. Good highway MPG, but city MPG is around 19 - 20. Ours is dressed up with the premium sound, bigger tires, headlights that turn with the car and go up/down on hills, real leather seats, etc. Only things we don't have are nav and AWD.

But the VR6 is a good bit more than the 2.0, so I think that would be a factor. We got an end of year discount of about 10K off the price, which is the only reason we bought it. I'd never pay close to 40K for a VW.
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Member Posts: 1,681
    "I'd never pay close to 40K for a VW."

Because of the name alone? Or you don't perceive any VW up to the quality level of a $40K plus automobile?

A Camry without AWD is $35k ish...they all get up there pretty quick with options.
    10k discount? That is remarkable.

Did you trade in a vehicle and if so, how much did they give you for it?
    We've had three VWs, so it's not like I am a snob who won't buy VWs. And for the record, I wouldn't pay 35K for a Camry either. I just don't perceive a Camry or a VW as a 40K car. An Infiniti, most Lexus models and most BMWs are what I think of when I think of a 40K car.

VW = "Volkswagen" = rough translation from German to English ... "The people's car." If it's the people's car, then most people need to be able to afford it. VW has it's upscale brand, Audi. So VWs should therefore be priced lower. A 40K CC makes one think, "If I am going to pay 40K, let me go look at Audi...or Infiniti, or Lexus." I think buyers expect more from a 40K car than a 30K car just as they expect more from the dealer, like service loaners and such. VW just isn't there.

THAT'S what I mean when I say I'd never pay close to 40K for a VW. It's just not there. If I am paying 40K for a car in this market, it's going to be an upscale European or Japanese brand.
    We didn't trade. My wife's old ride is a 1999 VW Passat GLS V6. It has 150,000 miles on it, and we opted to keep it as our airport car since VW wasn't going to give us much more than $500 in trade for it. I use it now for local trips and keep my Expedition for weekends, road trips, and Home Depot.

We got the 10K discount because the car was a 2009 model that had been on the lot for the whole year with no takers and the dealer wanted to move it before the end of the year. It was also the only VR6 CC on the lot. The price with the VR6 new gets a bit too high for a lot of buyers considering the CC with the 2.0T starts below 30K.

The car has been great for us so far. Plus, since our warranty started the day we bought it, but the car was almost a year old, it's almost like it's had a long break-in period. Granted, it's a year old now, but we keep our cars forever practically, so it doesn't really matter. As I mentioned before, we have the 1999 Passat, and I have a 2004 Expedition. Both will be hanging around for awhile.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    I think we all have our brands that we feel better about. I feel the same way about GM. But, all the brands you mentioned too are way overpriced too. Those brands are just people cars in other countries. When to us, their gold.

VW has really stepped up their brand. They have become more upscale. They have tuned their line up for their people. But, your right, going up to 40k, I would look closely at an Audi, rather than a VW. VW still has some of the best tuned shared Audi engines in them too. So, you don't always have to get an Audi.

For me, I look at BMW and see overpriced, overrated emblems. I think, it probably drives really good, but could I have just as much fun in a VW or Audi? Yes. But, thats just me. A Lexus is just a glorified Toyota, Accord-Acura, Nissan-Infiniti, VW-Audi.

Too each their own. :)
    Didn't mean to infer you were being snobish...nuances lost in the online posting world :)

I tend to agree with most of what you've said...especially once the price gets to mid 40's.

While I love the CC (would have bought a 2.0T over my CPO'd IS350--wife vetoed-- 4 seats...long, sad, story) I don't see 40+K...or more accurately I'd like to see 4 rings on the grill ;)
    That's truly an outstanding price, leftover 2009 or not. I assume it had some test drive miles on it too, but even 500 miles wouldn't matter much... I would have jumped on the deal, and I applaud you for doing so. :)

Right now I'm curious if the 2012 Passat and CC are going to merge (for North America-- all that matters to me) because having both of them as distinct models both based on the New Midsize Sedan workstream doesn't make sense.

Honestly I don't care which it is. I just want a TDI version. :) If there isn't one, I'll see if the 2011 Jetta has enough room for me.
  • popboyweipopboywei Member Posts: 6
    I am planning to buy the 2010 CC Sport with DSG and Protection Kit before August 6th. I have shot around for some quotes and got an offer @ $26,505 from MSRP $30,080. Is it a good deal? Please let me know.

I wont have the CC until August cuz I am out of the States now, so is there anyone knows that I can have better incentives in August or later this month?

Thank you ,guys
  • vwccmanvwccman Member Posts: 4
    12% off MSRP is a great deal, especially if there's no incentives included in that.
    Do you know if there is any incentives existing this month or August?
    After viewing about 7 dealerships website, I just found one has posted they have $1250 rebates, but rest of the dealerships didn't. So I'm curious if this $1250 from the VW or just the dealer....

Any help will be appreciated!!
    Got an offer of $25,615 out of $29,400. is it a good deal?
    edited July 2010
    That sounds good.

I couldn't configure 29,400 (I got 30,080 with destination)...but $25.6k does seem below the invoice of about 28k

There are incentives which I assume they are applying to get that low number.

When they first came out I was offered one at invoice (price was for one at the port)...so I'd assume they could all go for invoice (especially with incentives); although Edmunds TMV does show it higher than invoice.

If they're being straight with that number...I'd jump on it ;)
    $29,400 is the base model of Sport Trim with DSG, no any other options. I found out the Mat Kit or Protection Kit is overcharged, I can have a great set of mats at much lower price than the VW's.
  • 0311vn0311vn Member Posts: 47
    Of the 2010 CC Sport models listed the DSG model with an auto trans is not listed. This is the four cylinder model. I told an auto trans on the DSG model adds $1100.
  • 0311vn0311vn Member Posts: 47
    Having driven both cars, I give points to the Maxima's 290 horse engine, but the CC Sport just seems like a cooler car. I have noticed that some on this CC forum have commented about it having a small cabin. I also drove a 2010 Ford Taurus and for the size of the car the inside seemed tight.

Could it be that we Americans have gotten bigger in recent decades and, hence, the popularity the SUV, or what some call it, "stupid useless vehicle"? When all else fails interior space wise, I guess there is always the Mercury Gran Marquis, aye?

I'm in the process of trying to convice myself to buy a CC Sport and I'm in my 60s.
    It has been said before, but I truly wish they would have put a 3rd seat in the back. With god deals like this, I have thought about a CC. but with a baby, I am not so sure its a good model to choose.
    Agreed...CC was my first choice...but my wife vetoed it (4 kids).

For some reason she didn't agree with my 'double em up'.

VW could have kept the seats the same...just put some padding in the center spot and add seat belt.

Unless you're filling up all the seats I wouldn't pass it by...those seats in the back are wider than normal...you can't fit 3 child seats across anyway (in any modern car).

I think it's the perfect car for 4...
  • VW has also prepared a 5 seat version of the CC.
    Really? Where, when...links?
    just found it...to reply to my own email :)

"The current version of the CC offers room for only four passengers. VW however, announced today that the Volkswagen Passat CC gets 5 seats with the introduction of a new rear bench. We're wondering why they didn't do this from the beginning... The new 5 seats configuration of the Volkswagen Passat CC offers room for a third person in the back with a third head restraint and three-point seat belt."

"... The three seat rear bench of the Volkswagen Passat CC 5 seats is offered as an option priced at 100 Euros."

Looks good to me. Hopefully it's a North American option as well.
    Realize that one unintended benefit of only having four seats is that we have a good excuse not to take the kids' friends with us when we go out: "Sorry boys. There's no room for Joe, so he can't come." Now, we could take the 8 passenger Expedition, but that'd be too easy :blush: .

To be honest, we've not had a situation yet where we really wish we had the third seat and not the rear console. That console serves a purpose when you have a 9 year old and a 6 year old. It's the equivalent of the DMZ right in our back seat. It keeps the kids separated and keeps the fighting to a minimum ;-).

But obviously there's market demand for that middle seat, so VW has wisely added it as an option.
    That would awesome!!! However, I will be looking for a car soon. So, the deals on that model, which is probably the 2011 will not be leasing like the 2010 models. Too bad, but I am not sure I am completely settle on just this car, I have several I am looking at.
  • kaliforniakkaliforniak Member Posts: 51
    I actually prefer some kind of dealer installed option in the center console to make the backseats more luxurious looking like the Panarama and CLS.
    Along with a middle seat add in. They should also upgrade the sunroof so that it would actually slide open. That would be something I would have to live with. I typically have my roof open on any given time. At least the glass is big, so a lot of light would come in.

Went to look at a few CC's and some were loaded, but yet had no roof. At at or above $30k. That's a bit disappointing. Of course, that is at MSRP.
  • marekbmarekb Member Posts: 1
    I have also CC 2010 and have the same problem from day one .
    Is geting even worse when car is hot .
    This is very annoying and new $30k car should not do that .
    Shame on You VW !
  • remoraremora Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know when Volkswagen stopped equipping the Sport version with memory seats? I have noticed that the early models had them.

I asked VW dealer who said that Sport version never had memory seats, I guess he does not know his product too well.
  • vwccmanvwccman Member Posts: 4
    I bought my 2009 CC Sport in April 2009 so I was one of the early purchasers who bought the car when it first came out and to my knowledge it did have memory seats, nor were they offered as an option. I had them in my 2006 Lincoln Zephyr (now MkZ) and they are a nice feature, especially when there are 2 very different sized drivers in the household and I would really welcome them in the CC.
  • satyr1906satyr1906 Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2010
    I have the RNS-510 radio with tech pkg however, i can not get teh bluetooth to work. Also, it does not show in my display. could my unit be faulty?
  • mowenrangermowenranger Member Posts: 3
    I think Bluetooth is a separate option from the radio - I remember paying $100 to have it installed, because the one I test drove had the nav radio but not BT. Even if the button is on the steering wheel, it needs some other part installed by the dealer to get it working.
    1) Does anyone else experience the iPod NOT starting from where it last left off, and instead automatically playing the first song on the device, listed alphabetically? Any way to stop this? Sometimes it works correct, sometimes it starts over. I cannot discern any particular pattern though.

2) Same thing happens when left on satellite radio, it defaults to AM1000 most of the time. Occasionally it remembers the channel it was on.

Relatively minor but nagging issues. Just curious if anyone else has a similar experience. Thanks,
  • satyr1906satyr1906 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks Mowenranger. i had the dealership install one but it was crap! Going back Monday to have it removed and taking it to another dealership who installs a premium system that displays in the MFD and RNS.
  • johnabcdjohnabcd Member Posts: 2
    A week with my new 2011 CC sport, awesome vehicle, sexy looking, blue grey, with fog lights and heated seats only options, 28, 400. out the door. a little rough on first moving in D. smooths out fast, not true in S from the get go. love the looks, ride, handling, quick, quite silent, excellent fit and finish, have had Honda's the last 20 years, trade every 3/4 years. this year not happy with look or feel of new accord, so went shopping, hope the realibility is better on this than past reviews of VW. used to drive VW back with a bettle, carmen gia, and squareback. none since.
    2011 is coming out??? I just got my 2010 Sport with DSG on August 6th, any major changes b/w 2010 and 2011? what's your CC's configuration and the MSRP?
    No problem, didn't realize there was another option for a better BT system. Showing up in MFD and RNS would be nice (my Acura TSX did that). Mine works fine, but everything is through the phone itself.

Would like to hear how the install goes, if it does indeed make a major difference in functionality.
  • johnabcdjohnabcd Member Posts: 2
    2011's have been out for about a month, no real changes in looks, some added standard items, 8 way power seats, i pod hook up, bluethooth, same engine, another year of fixing any mistakes, msrp was 30, 300 plus destination, plus tax and title, plus junk the dealer puts on paint protection mats that they waive to begin with. my second choice was a acura tsx if they did not meet my price. also a nice car, but more road noise and less good looking inside and out
  • rjebrorjebro Member Posts: 1
    Same problem, I was going to bring the car in this month. It is very annoying, last night I thought it may be the gas but after reading your post, I am very concerned. Going to the dealer to complain, love the car, but the noise is too much.
  • vwccridervwccrider Member Posts: 1
    I love my CC other than the fact that it takes 12-20 minutes for the air conditioning to start cooling once the car is started. I have been to the dealer twice. Told I had to have the interior circulation button only on and turn dual button off. Nope. Then they said it was a CC design issue and currently did not have a fix. I drive around is my beautiful black CC sweating with the windows down trying everything I can to get the AC to come on.

I have tried every combination of buttons, AC button on, wait to turn AC button on, wait to turn temp to cooler setting, different area fan flow buttons, etc, etc, etc. Always takes a minimum of 12 minutes before the hot air stops blasting and cool air starts to flow. I have had the car over a year so I have tried everything.

This dealership just gets disgusted with me if I ask them to look at it again.

Anyone else having this problem?
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    My CC's a/c is ice cold. What year is yours?
  • discomandiscoman Member Posts: 110
    I had the BT installed yesterday at the dealership. Bought a Certified 2009 Luxe on Monday and the salesman had told me it had BT. I believed him because of the button on the steering wheel, and the Dealer's window sticker. Before I drove off I asked him to help me pair my phone. Then when that wouldn't work he got a tech out, and the tech said "Yeah it comes with the button, but BT is a $600 option. They have to install the module." So the salesman asked me how he could fix it. I told him "The window sticker says Bluetooth. You told me Bluetooth, so I want bluetooth. And I want the Extended warranty to 7 years, 100K instead of the 2 yr 24K that came with the car under the certified status, since you and the dealership misled me." So he said fine. He would eat the cost. It works great. Only thing is you still have to dial out using the phone. The tech said it was because of the radio. With the new (2010 or higher) or touch screen radio you can dial out from the radio. But I have the older LCD screen radio. I don't mind it one bit though. My phone connects the minute I turn on power. And everything else works perfect.
  • discomandiscoman Member Posts: 110
    I actually prefer NOT to have built in NAV. Instead I like having my Garmin Nuvi on the left side where I can get at it with my left hand. Also if youhave the factory unit youhave to keep buying those damned update DVD's at around $200 a pop every year or so. I have the same problem with my wife's 2005 Land Rover LR3. I bought the Nuvi because my 2003 Expedition EB (Which I just traded for my CC on Monday) had all the options except NAV. I like it better. I paid $95 for lifetime updates. So whenever it needs one it tells me. So I plug it into my laptop, download the update from Garmin and am good to go for another 6 months or year. And if I buy a newer Nuvi I can transfer the lifetime updates to the new unit. Also the portable one is the same size screen as the built in. And I get to take it with me when I travel. So I can pre-program any destinations I will be going to on my trip, and all I have to do is select them when I get there. Much more efficient. The only drawback.....is I have to keep it plugged in to the 12V cigarette lighter plug. No problem for me since I don't smoke anyway.
  • pengwinpengwin Member Posts: 74
    looking to buy a CC or a Regal. I can get a Regal Turbo TO1 for 26.5k thru american express or a CC DSG Sport for 28.5k at a local dealer.

the 2k isnt a big deal for me but i just want second opinions on the cars.

anyone for the regal? for the cc?
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    They are both decent cars. Remember, the Regal is really an Opel, not that that's necessarily bad. Just don't think of yourself being extra patriotic by "buying American". VW is not tops when it comes to reliability but the CC is essentially an A4 Audi under its skin (a good thing), and it's skin amounts to a rather nice looking car.

So, both are nice, although not perfect German cars. Sit in both and drive each one, then decide on what YOU like best. If you're buying, the Buick's resale is unknown. If you are leasing, see what's the best deal. If buying, if the cars have the same features and options, the $2K premium for the CC may not be worth it. How do their warrantees and maintenance costs compare? How is your local VW dealer compared to the local Buick dealer?

I can say that after 7 mos. of owning my 2011 CC, I am very pleased with it, great performance and mileage, and absolutely zero problems.
  • Correction: the A4 and CC have completely different architecture. The CC uses transverse engines. The A4 uses a longitudinal arrangement (and longer wheelbase, given that the engine sits further back than in the CC). Audi will be using two basic architectures for cars: a transverse one with wheelbases from about 98 inches to 104 inches, and the A4/A6/A8 architecture with wheelbases starting at about 110 inches and going up from there. They do share the 2.0 liter engine (their six cylinders are completely different beasts), but in the Audi, hp jumps to 211 and torque is 258 ft lbs. That said, I think they are quite comparable cars. The A4 is a bit more of a driver's car, and the CC has higher style and a bit more back seat leg room. Both seem to exude quality in terms of the tactile heft and fit of components. But the Regal and the CC are actually in some ways more alike: built in Germany, transverse 4 cylinders, well-trimmed, with dramatic rooflines for sedans. Yes, drive both and then choose.