Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 VW Passat CC

1234568»

Comments

• discomandiscoman Member Posts: 110
    I have had my 09 CC Luxe now for 3 years. I just don't understand all the problems people are having. I did have the Check engine thing where I had to have the intake manifold replaced under warranty. Since then I have had no problems to mention. The APC thing, but that went away and never returned. I drive it every day. Use Premium gas, and change the oil at a local Oil Can Henry's. Maybe it's because I don't take it to VW for service. If I can do it myself I do. If it's a cabin filter change I buy the filter and do it myself. Tires??? I bought Eagle GT's and did not have to do an alignment. It tracks true and runs like a champ. Better than the factory tires. MUUUUCh better. My Dad liked it so much he traded in his Mercedes for a 2013 CC Sport. As in all cases there are good cars that sometimes have problems. And, of course there are sometimes the occasional lemons. I am sure that if you were to log on to ANY forum here for ANY make/model car you would have praises and problems, and people who swear they will buy nothing but that make, as well as people who swear that they will NEVER AGAIN buy a VW/Mercedes/ Ford/Toyota/Chevy/Hyundai etc... you get my drift. I find that most of the people who post are the ones with problems and want to spread their misery. Fine. That's what these are for. But more so they are for people to share experiences with others. I would go more by the Customer satisfaction indexes by Consumer Reports or JD power etc. As an example I had a 93 BMW 318I I bought new. It was great for the first year. Then slowly deteriorated to where I couldn't wait to get rid of it. Also the clutch would overheat in traffic and it would buck when starting from a stop. Until the clutch cooled again on the freeway when traffic opened up. I also know a friend that had the same model and never a squeak. Turned out to be a great car for him. I swore never again would I buy a BMW. Now I am forced to think differently. Sometimes you just get a bad one. :lemon:
  • lovemyvwcclovemyvwcc Member Posts: 3
    I bought a 09 CC in 2012 with 24K, and am at 56K now (Nov. 13). Fortunately, I had read earlier posts, so bought the extra extended warranty (72 months). At 42K, right on schedule, the intake manifold went out (VW has now recalled that part, fortunately). At about 54.5K, I started to feel the deacceleration again; it was like the intake manifold, but no engine light)...and the VW dealership reset something within my transmission. Then within a few weeks, late one night, the car stuttered significantly (setting off the check engine light). It took the dealer a couple days to then replace the (first?) fuel injector (56K). I'm worried about my VW future! It's the only brand I've ever purchased...
    One of the things I can tell you is that these cars (Like most higher performance cars) need Premium gas. true they only say suggested, but I have learned that the gas you put in the car is like the food you put in your body. Yes, fast food will work...for awhile. But it's better if you eat quality food. With the high cost of fuel, a lot of people like the idea of discount fuel at low prices. I have found that whenever I do buy that, my cars run funny. they run rougher, and at times die at a light. But whenever I use premium top tier fuel they run smoother and have less problems. Some like shell and Chevron etc... have fuel additives in them that keep your system clean. Keep in mind you are running your CC with a 2.0 turbocharged 4 cyl engine that is basically souped up to give you the power to handle the weight of a bigger car. In the past a car that weighs as much as the CC would have a 6 or even a small 8 cyl engine. That comes at a price. It runs at higher RPM's and at hotter temperatures than a larger engine. So either run it with the fuel it needs or you ultimately pay the price.
  • lovemyvwcclovemyvwcc Member Posts: 3
    That's a great point about the heavy car! When I first got the car, I used an ethanol-based unleaded, but after the first major repair, I switched to Premium only. :)
  • asallamasallam Member Posts: 1
    I agree, I put only premium or ultra(sunoco) in my 2011 CC and it runs perfect. as I heard from a trusted mechanic, these engines and Audi included need that premium fuel to run as well as pushing and driving them the way they should otherwise the intakes get clogged.
  • bread1bread1 Member Posts: 1
    I also owned 2009 vw Passat. I bought it Certified...I had slush problem, 1 fuel injector went bad, fuel pump and fuel module, pcv valve too. I also had the intake manifold replaced too. VW does not have a good warranty plan like
    Audi does 100k miles...the only sell you 75k mile warranty...my car had 86k
    miles...I traded it in for a 2008 Toyota Rav 4...
  • stikshiftstikshift Member Posts: 2
    The intake manifolds on these cars (and other VW models with similar engines) are terribly designed and lead to excessive build up of carbon. Every 25-30k miles, you will have to have it replaced. They are poorly designed and simply don't work to specs. VW has been inundated with these repairs, to the point where they put out a service bulletin on the issue. And the dealers should just clean out the carbon when the intake manifold is off, but they'll charge you extra for that (but, of course).

Advice: sell the car within 15k miles after you have the intake manifold replaced, because it's only a matter of time before it will need to be replaced again. And use premium gas in the meantime. (And when you buy again, either get a VW diesel or buy another brand.)
    I agree. I usually drive it pretty sportily and occasionally like I stole it. I love it and have had no problems since the initial intake manifold replacement at around 45K. Now it has 69K and still running strong.
  • bmwgrrrlbmwgrrrl Member Posts: 18

What is the MF and residual for a 2014 CC Executive (4 cyl) 36 months, 12k miles for April? May?