Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

93 rodeo PLZ HELP!

tbarb08tbarb08 Member Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in Isuzu
b4 i pull my hair out...can someone PLZ HELP.....
my bf and i have a 93 rodeo that we purchased from ( some guy)
almost a year ago and it has been a nightmare almost since day one.
almost immediately it was spitten/sputterin/no power..took it in to have it checked was told it had a dead cylinder and basicly needed to replace engine...sooo...got a 95 engine out of a passport and replaced it...drove it home ran great..shortly after started having same problem....took it to a couple places AGAIN to have it checked and told us they couldnt tell us what the problem was bcuz there wasnt a check engine light or codes.
sooo...bf started replacing parts..he has replaced......
fuel filter, fuel pump, o2censor, spark plugs, coil packs & timing belt.
( not in that order)
it had completely stopped running and thats when he replaced the fuel pump and it now runs again but with no power...it was suggested to us to take it to a isuzu dealership to have it checked out again...but b4 we do that as a last resort and spend a bunch more money we dont have we are hoping for some advice/ideas and any/all will be GREATLY appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I would give Engine Swaps a try since your problem seems related to the swap.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    tbarb08tbarb08 Member Posts: 2
    had some of the same problems prior to the swap, except now we don't have a dead cylinder.
  • Options
    classicmustangclassicmustang Member Posts: 3
    hey barb, my father has an rodeo with the 4 cylender, with the exact same problems as you. check the acceleration problems post, thats my post. i was wondering if u have the 6 or 4 in your bfs truck? my fathers has sputtering, shacking, low power in all gears, its a 5 speed. and also teh most annoying it changes its pitch of tone as to the acceleration, it gets deeper, when it looses power. do u have these same problems? please let me know.

Many Thanks
  • Options
    darth_venomdarth_venom Member Posts: 43
    Check your ignition timing, and if applicable your camshaft timing. You can find out how to do this on Auto Zones website under 'view repair manuals'.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    classicmustangclassicmustang Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for, the suggestion. the timing is on and so is the cam shaft timing, im not sure what the problem is but it is a rebuilt head, and its been running funny since then but i believe its on....any results on your isuzu?
This discussion has been closed.