Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

1994 Cadillac Deville 4.9L

phx100phx100 Member Posts: 1
I am at a wits end and so are the mechanics. I bought this 94 Deville for $2500 in great condition. I have something draining the battery. I had reconditioned batteries replaced 3 times and they died after 4 to 7 days. I had a new battery that matches my caddy and it died 2 weeks later. The trunk motor is taken out and has to be closed manually. The alternator checks out fine. Please help me.

Comments

• tony92tony92 Member Posts: 2
    Hi. I had the same problem with my 1994 Deville. You should check to make sure that the radio clock is off when you turn off the ignition. This was the problem with mine, I disconected the radio and it cured the problem, hope that this helps you.
    Tony92.
  • patric1994patric1994 Member Posts: 1
    94 deville, there is a whirring sound that occurs 35-40mph, sound quiets when in rt.-hand curve on hwy. cv joints seem ok. any ideas? thx patric
  • tin_indiantin_indian Member Posts: 5
    I would say front wheel bearings.they tend to wear out fast on front or 4 wheel drive GMs.
  • mstaracemstarace Member Posts: 1
    The fuse that controls the climate control and cruise keeps blowing.This happened about 2 years ago every now and then and has gotten worse . it now happens almost immediately after i replace it.Caddy says it is a computer that Just Pops Out on the dash. 140 k on it I am afraid to get too involved with very few qualified electronic people around. May just replace the vehicle Any Advice Thanks Mike
  • bigwheel55bigwheel55 Member Posts: 5
    !994 Deville concours shift from overdrive to 3rd on its own the Service Engine message comes on. car has 104000 miles on it .Any ideas? Fluid is up to top and foaming.
  • billymalonebillymalone Member Posts: 7
    I think you lost you pressure in 4th. Clutch just isn't holding if you got foam. Going to take someone smarter than me but that tranny is no plum to pull.
    As it turns out, the tranny is being rebuilt (ouch). Car is in mint,whatelese can I do.
  • bolivarbolivar Member Posts: 2,316
    You didn't ask, but I would have salvaged a 94 Deville. With a tranny rebuild, you will be putting more into the car than what it is worth.
    This may be true,but this is the top of the line Concours in cherry condition. If I salvaged it I would have taken a loss of the original cost that I paid for the car 2 weeks ago (dont ask) and would have had NO car .I got screwed . the only good thing is that I now have a nice Caddy with a rebuilt tranny with warranty. I think some people here would have done the same. It was a painfull $$$$ decision .
  • dansa2dansa2 Member Posts: 28
    I have1993 deville. Have to add close to a quart of trans fluid every 2 weeks or so.
    GM mechanic cannot find any leaks. Car shifts fine runs good 48,000 mi.
    Anyone have an idea where trans fluid may be going?
  • bolivarbolivar Member Posts: 2,316
    Places it might be going:
    1) Tranny fluid is cooled by running it thru a small tank inside the radiator. If this leaks inside the radiator, the tranny fluid mixes with the coolant. If this is your problem, you are probably also getting coolant into the tranny, and this is very bad.

2) I'm not sure about a Caddy. But most older trannys have a vacumn controlled modulator valve on the tranny. Look for a vacumn hose running to the side of the tranny somewhere, and it goes into the modulator valve. This valve can be removed. It has a diaphram inside - if the diaphram ruptures, tranny fluid can be pulled up the vacumn line and into the intake and burned like gasoline.
  • jbransonjbranson Member Posts: 7
    I CHANGED THE MODULE DIST CAP AND WHEN U DRIVE IT ABOUT 5 MINS IT CUTS OFF PULL THE PLUG WIRE OFF AND IT NOT GOT FIRE LET SET 10 MINS AND THEN IT STARTS RUNS 5 CUTS OFF AGAIN HELP PLEASE
  • mechinc1mechinc1 Member Posts: 15
    With out hearing the noise myself I would bet that it is a wheel bearing/hub assembly.
  • landralandra Member Posts: 2
    i bought a Cadillac Deville 1995 on February 21, 2010. Do not purchase cars at Orlando Auto Brokers located at Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando...they sell cars with broken motor, transmission, breaks, among other essential parts...they stole from me $3,300 dollars and refuse to fix or exchange the auto's transmission, which I found out was completely damaged within a week from purchase. They did not offer payable guarantee at time of purchase. Pass this info around so business that commit fraud do not continue this doing.
    Sorry to hear that Landra, this happend to me too from a private seller. the tranny went after 2 days A dealer should give at least 30 days on a used car for warranty. I would sue for damages, this is bad. Good luck.
  • terressaterressa Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me where to locate the heater resistor for my Cadillac Concours. I'm talking about the resistor for the blower moter control module that makes the blower put air inside the vents in my car.
This discussion has been closed.