Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Saturn Aura

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    2catshouse,
    No contacting Customer Assistance is not necessary, I recommend having the vehicle diagnoised by your local dealer. I can set up a case with Customer Assistance about your issue; this reports your issue with GM. An agent will be in contact with you and the dealer to help try to resolve your situation. I will need you to email me your contact information to set up a case for you. Have a great weekend.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • lovemyauralovemyaura Member Posts: 2
    Hello! I am having steering issues just like the others have posted and to add to the problems, I have transmission issues. I only have 46,000 miles on my Aura and I love it, but why so many problems so soon? I am looking to contact GM. I don't quite see how to do so. I looked for SocialMediagm.com but nothing comes up PLEASE HELP. Thank you in advance!
    lovemyaura,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your transmission and steering issues. Have you had the vehicle diagnosed by a GM dealership? Could you please email me your VIN? I would like to look further into your situation.

You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • lovemyauralovemyaura Member Posts: 2
    Hello! So glad to hear from you. I purchased my Aura last October and overall I love the car. There are a few issues that I would like to bring to GM attention.

I have the steering issue of the clunks etc that others have been talking about. It happens all the time when I go over a and size bump at any speed. Sounds like the shocks but from reading the above write-ups that is not the case at all.

Next, this morning I was driving my son to school when I noticed a slip in my transmission. It was not a major slip but it was very noticeable. When I drove the car later today there was not one slip, the car drove as normal. I have done some research (that is how I found you) and this seems to be an issue for a lot of Saturn owners. I planned on taking the car to get a transmission flush today or tomorrow just to be on the safe side. But one thing for sure, this should not be happening with a car that only has 48,000 miles.

One more thing that has come to my attention. When I purchased the car, the turn signal arm was bad. The dealership did replace the arm and it worked great for about 6 months. One day the arm went bad again. I called the dealership and the part was out of warranty so they could not help me. They did tell me that GM was aware of this issue and they had "upgraded" the part but I really could not get a straight answer if this was true or not. I have not fixed the signal arm yet because I do not want to fix it and spend the money without knowing if this is going to keep happening. I don't want band-aid the problem and have it come up again.

Well, I look forward in hearing from you. My Vin # 1g8zs57n07f162292

Thanks again
  • cherylynpcherylynp Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2008 Aura in October of 2008 (preowned). I am constantly having electrical problems. The radio channels will start changing, the volume will go up or down, or the power windows will stick. I have also had serious battery issues. And the keyless entry no longer works (new battery). Are the problems common?
    cherylynp,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Were you planning on having the vehicle diagnosed by a GM dealership? Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • robjtonrobjton Member Posts: 6
    There is a fix to the ESC issue here: http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f23bc2b
  • danny_57danny_57 Member Posts: 4
    I have had the same problems for 3 years now if not more & Im so sick of this ,What can I do ? I bought my Saturn Aura 4 years ago & have told the Saturn dealership about this noise coming from the front end & stearing first it was a power stearing hose that didnt help & was not covered by warranty ,I only have 35,000 on my car & my warranty is running out .

Concerned owner
    danny_57,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Can you please send me your contact information, VIN, current mileage and involved dealer? I look forward to hearing from you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • aweily3aweily3 Member Posts: 1
    I have the exact same issues with my car as everyone else has listed in the complaints about there 2007 Saturn Aura XE. Why has there been no recall for an issue with the brake lights? This is a hazard for the driver and other's on the road. Harley Davidson just did a recall for a brake light issue because they realize the hazard and danger. Winter is coming and brake lights are going to be very important for driving but are important all the time which is why I am surprised by all the complaints of the same issue and no recall. If there is anything that should be recalled out of all the matching complaints it should be the brake light because of the danger and safety issue on the road. If there is an accident there will be a major law suit because I have documents of the 5x I have gone to have this problem fixed and it never is. I've had the sensors replace numerous times, the computer reset, my brake pedal bent to try and balance out so it was at the correct setting to work, all of which make the brake light work for a day if that and it's back to the same thing. I think it is a computer and electrical issue that is wrong and that the car needs a new one all together. I also have problems with the radio when I start the car every station is static. I have to turn it off and back on for it to work. Sounds like a computer or electrical problem. I have the annoying squeaking suspension. My steering has something wrong with it which I had replaced but is now not working again. It squeaks every time I turn the wheel and makes a weird grinding sound. When I turn the car on it sounds like the transmission or something slips slightly. Looks like this car needs to be recalled and this car is the reason I will never by GM again. I will be going with Ford who I might add did not use bail out money!
    aweily3,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Has your dealer involved Technical Assistance? If not, I would recommend asking them to do so. Can you please email me your VIN, current mileage and involved dealer? I look forward to your email.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • rreyno5rreyno5 Member Posts: 2
    How to you fix aura xr service esc light??????????
  • rreyno5rreyno5 Member Posts: 2
    That link doest work
  • mgolibtmgolibt Member Posts: 1
    Are you sure your not driving my car??? Have you gotten anyone to help with the issue's? Brake lights & radio...also front end, squeaking, wobbling, air bag light and brakes both front & rear replaced.
    Thanks,
    mgolibt
  • kmyleskmyles Member Posts: 2
    My cars radio will not turn on, the clock doesn't even show up or anything. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem or knows what to do. I believe its something electrical because the sound for my turn signals/four-ways, and seat belt isn't working either.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Good morning kmyles,

I'm sure you'll get some great feedback from the Edmunds community. Unfortunately, I don't have access to any resources to help you diagnose what's going on with your Aura at the moment. If you decide to visit your dealership, please let me know! We're available to work with you through that process and help in any way we can.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • browngreenbrowngreen Member Posts: 1
    my radio, clock and all the bells/whistles stopped working . .then my car would not start . .then the electric door locks go up/down while i am driving my car . .then i start getting "warnings" (i.e. airbag issues, etc). my car has to be charged daily now just to start, and that is only lasting a few hours as my battery is being drained. my friend researched some blogs on the 2007 aura and found that the control module (the brain) is likely the culprit. i am going to reach out to a GM rep and find out what is going on, and since i have already heard how much $$$, i'm looking for some relief from GM, this is a joke
    browngreen,

Have you already sent an email our way (socialmedia@gm.com)? If not, we can be contacted that way; please include your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership with any details you are able to provide about recent visits on this issue.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • joesailorjoesailor Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Saturn Aura. We seem to have the same problem. About 6-7 months ago, my remote stopped working (to unlock), everything else worked fine (lock, trunk and horn). Today, I drove home from work fine, 30 minutes later I tried to start the car and it just clicked as if the battery was low. I used the jumper box and had no luck. I then used my other Saturn (1999 SL2) to try to jump start, again, no luck. I called road side assistance and the tow truck guy jumped it with no problem. He adviced to keep it running for 30-45 minutes to fully charge. I drove it around the neighborhood and then let it just idel for 30 more minutes as I watered the grass. I then turned it off and again, it didn't start. Just some more clicking and caution lights flashing on the dash. Don't know were Saturn went wrong. My first Saturn was a 1997 SL2 and I put 176,000 miles before selling it, then we picked up a 1999 SL2 which we still have with 146,000 miles and still running strong. I do have approximately 150,000 miles on my 2007 Aura but, I sure am hating this electrical problems.
    I refuse to do the 5 times to the shop thing in which they change something everytime and before you know it I've spent $1,000.00 and the problem still there. I just want to know what is wrong and get it fixed. :sick:
  • dsweetnamdsweetnam Member Posts: 1
    I also have a 2007 Aura with air bag issues which started about 2 years ago. the car has been in to both Saturn dealership and GM dealership. They have reset, checked, reset, checked, reset and replaced an $800 dollar part and I still have the "Check Air Bag" light come on. GM now wants me to bring the car in so they can take the console apart to clean it out at a cost of about because they say I spilt coffee down there and that is the problem. That is about $500 to get done. Really!! So coffee takes about 2 years to dry??. What I have noticed and relayed to them is the air bag light seems to come on when it is raining or when there is possibly condensation. I picked up the car after they had replaced the $800 part driving home in late afternoon sunshine and parked in the garage. The next morning I pull out of the garage and was driving to work in the pouring rain and surprise, surprise the "check air bag" light came on! I called GM and took the car back in the next day. Thats when they said it was because I spilt coffee.
  • danny_57danny_57 Member Posts: 4
    GM is very aware of all the problems with these cars & suck you dry by charging you for everything that is wrong . The cars should have been called back from the start ,I loved my Aura until 30,000 miles & then everything started to happen ,But all along the front end had to be replaced alone the stearing & Rack. Computers,Transmission, airbag light ,you name it , I only had 34,000 on my car since new & took a very big lose & sold it , Buyer beware !!!!!
    dsweetnam,
    If we can follow up on this issue with your dealership, please send the following information us at socialmedia@gm.com:
    Your name and Edmunds username
    Phone and address
    The last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage
    The name of your involved dealership

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • ranzabarranzabar Member Posts: 1
    My wife picked up on this a month ago when it was barely audible. Now it's really noticeable. It is a low 'croak' sound that seems to come from the passenger front end. It could almost sound like tire road noise, except that is seems to have no relationship with road conditions. It just comes and goes on a moment to moment basis. Not loud, but you can't miss it. I'm going to take it to the dealer, but my wife insists that I post here hoping others had the same situation. Without being able to accurately describe the sound, its going to be hard to find others with the same problem.

Any ideas?

2008 Aura XE
    41,288 miles
    I see that you're already planning on visiting your dealership on this noise; please keep us updated on the diagnosis/repair. If you should like for us to look into anything further with your dealer, we can be contacted at socialmedia@gm.com

Kind regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • saturnaura2007saturnaura2007 Member Posts: 2
    trange:
    I have the same problem in my 2007 Aura XR now that I put on new tires. No one can fix it. Did you find out what it was?
    Good morning saturnaura2007,

It sounds like you've been working on finding the source of the vibration with a shop - did this include a GM dealership? If so, and if you would like for us to follow up on this with them please email us more details at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • saturnaura2007saturnaura2007 Member Posts: 2
    No, I haven't taken it to a dealership yet. I worked with Belle Tire, where I bought the new tires, and my regular trusted mechanic. It seems whenever I take my vehicles to the dealer, they charge me $90 an hour and they don't fix the problems.
    No problem - I had just wanted to make sure we were available to you to follow up on anything involving one of our dealerships.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • redman256redman256 Member Posts: 1
    I had the same prob.. Thought it was a bad strut, was bushings in the front end. Was a cheap fix
  • chrissyh2chrissyh2 Member Posts: 5
    I have a Saturn with 102k miles but its only 4 years old. Its at the dealership and we are waiting for an answer to see if GM will help us out on this. We have already replaced a transmission in a chevy silverado truck back in march. We do not have the money to fix this problem. We still owe $5,800 on this car!
  • 21mercury21mercury Member Posts: 1
    My vehicle is a 2009 Aura 6cyl with 94,000 miles. I have just replace 4 Michelin MXM4 tires which were 80% worn, with 4 new of the same tires. I replaced the front rotors and pads 5,000 miles ago. The vehicle had No vibration prior to removing the old tires. After 100 yards with the new tires I returned the vehicle because it shook. All four tires have been removed, rebalanced, rotated, and some even remounted. A vibration still exists, although less than when first driven, appearing to be coming from the rear wheels. The dealer is preparing to replace all four with different but same MXM4 tires. From your experience do you feel this is worth the expense he will incur, or will it have little or no impact?
    How is everything running after the tire replacement, 21mercury? Looking forward to an update and if you would like for us to follow up on this with your GM dealership, please contact us via email at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and the name of your dealership).

• onefunkaronefunkar Member Posts: 113
    seems like it has to be the tires. i would think replacing them will fix the problem. still have my original goodyears on mine. 78k miles so i will have to replace them soon. stll 45 percent tread left.
  • trangetrange Member Posts: 3
  • geauxcajunsgeauxcajuns Member Posts: 4
    So I have a 2007 Saturn Aura XE. I bought it used and loved it... for about a month. It has the craziest electrical issues, and I have no idea what could be causing all of them. For starters, the driver side heated seat button does not work. Secondly, half the buttons on the radio work maybe 15% of the time. Cruise control button sometimes will not work, or cruise control will turn off in the middle of using it. Check airbag light came on for a while then finally went away. Trunk button on door does not work (must use clicker). Window lock button does not work. My dad has replaced the battery at least once since we have had it. The running lights completely went out, but brake lights still worked (changed fuse, but blew it every time the vehicle started-mechanic was able to find a short and fix issue). But now my brake lights decide to do whatever they want (pretty much do opposite- come on when I accelerate and go off when I brake). Mechanic says the whole anti-lock braking system is out (over $1000 to fix unless they find a used part). There are other things, but those are the most common/annoying issues. My car literally is in the shop every few months for random issues. I am so ready to be done with this car, but waiting to graduate before I buy a new one. Has anybody experienced similar issues and found a resolution?
  • geoffnygeoffny Member Posts: 2
    I have a similar issue where sometimes when I start the car up, the radio will light up and look like it's functioning, but I have no sounds. No chimes, or turn signals either. If I turn the car off and back on, it will usually fix itself. This has started happening more frequently, and it gets frustrating. I hope this doesn't mean there are bigger issues ahead. Dealing with the transmission right now.
  • abigmistakeabigmistake Member Posts: 2
    I have a 07 Aura XR that we bought in January of 2009 with just under 19,000 miles on it. The electrical issues began with the heater on the passenger seat turning on anytime there was a passenger. At that time it was still under bumper to bumper coverage and they said they fixed it, still a problem to this day. Not long after that, the car was surging and idling abnormal and kept flashing a message: "TRACTION OFF" took to the dealer still under powertrain warranty and after about 3 days they came to the conclusion that one of the coil packs was cracked and probably had been since it was manufactured. It took 3 days because the computer in the car would not throw the proper code, so they had to figure it out the old way. Next thing I know my car is 1 month out of warranty due to age not miles (just over 60,000) and it is shifting hard into 3rd and 5th gear, like if you were popping a clutch. With in a day or 2 of this starting I go to the dealer and when I try to go in reverse in their parking lot the car acts like it is in neutral, because the transmission will not engage. After several attempts I am able to get it into reverse. The first thing I am told is that they can't diagnose it as is after an hour and half of waiting (reasonable amount of time) and that they need to pull my transmission and can't estimate the cost. I know I have no choice so I give them the go ahead and get a ride home from the courtesy vehicle. I believe it was a day later that I get a call saying that something dealing with the shifting inside the transmission has broken and telling me they have ordered the parts and are trying to get the repair covered in full, but are not sure if that will happen. You should know that when I brought the car in I pointed out that all maintenance had been kept up and that my transmission should not be malfunctioning at 60,000 miles. In response I am told that maybe they can cover the parts and then I would just have to pay the labor. Come to find out I have the same transmission as a Malibu and this is a problem they are aware of. The repair which was around $3,500 is covered in full. I get the call that my car is ready to be picked up go down to pick it up and the radio doesn't work no matter what. They checked the fuse right there and it was good, however since it was in their possession when this happened they say they are going to replace my radio for free. They put it on order and a day before I get the call that the radio came in and they are ready to install it, the radio (in the car) suddenly turns on without being touched, like nothing was ever wrong. I advise them of this and they insist upon replacing it anyways since they already have the radio and what if it is the radio itself that is bad. Currently as I write this my car has been sitting at the dealer since Saturday 12/15/2012 at 9am waiting for them to open on Monday. Friday night I drove 2 miles to a drug store and then a 1/4 mile to pick up dinner and then 1 3/4 miles home. I turn off my car to go inside and it sounds like the engine is still running (WITH NO KEY) however it turns out that it is just the fan which is electric and needs just the battery to run. It takes about 4 to 6 minutes and we have to turn the car back on and off and this time the fan turns off with the car. About 4 1/2 hours later I go out again this time I drive 2 miles turn off the car for about 10 minutes then drive another 3 miles and then the indicator dings telling me the car is about to overheat. Luckily I was able to immediately pull over and turn off the car. Once again the fan is still running (DRAINING MY BATTERY) after about 5 minutes it turns off. There is no smoke no steam, nothing indicating the vehicle over heated. I decide to call Onstar they have me turn on the car so they can run a diagnostic, which took about 3 minutes in which time it was almost in the red again. I decide there is no way it can be driven so she connects me to Saturn Roadside. Before our conversation really begins I start to loose battery power and the call disconnects, so they call me on my cell phone instead. While speaking to them I have to turn on the car to give him the mileage, upon trying to read the mileage I received the message across the dash which read "TRACTION OFF", sound familiar? I advise him where I am and they dispatch a tow truck. In the mean time I call my husband to give him an update and turn on the dome light to try and get important things together that I didn't want to leave in the car and the lights and radio start flashing on and off and then dim and get bright so I open my door and take out the key to try and preserve as much battery as I can. Car gets towed, I get to walk home 2 miles at 11:30pm. The next morning my husband went to get our daughters car seats out of the car and my battery is dead. I am positive given the circumstances and my past problems with this car that it is an electrical/computer issue. I will reply to my own message if I can and let you know what happens with everything. Hopefully this helps someone, really too bad to have such a nice looking car with so many problems that seem to be related to design and manufacture.
  • abigmistakeabigmistake Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    PLease read my previous reply on the transmission before you pay for anything.
    Hopefully you get some good news from the dealership, abigmistake. If you would like for us to check into this further with them, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with more details (including your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of the VIN, and a brief summary of the situation).

• torgoniustorgonius Member Posts: 2
    Apart from my $4,000 transmission replacement fiasco on my '07 XR, I have 2 other things going on.

The remote will unlock the car, and set off the panic alarm, but won't lock the doors or activate the auto-start. The Auto-Start issue may be a result of the locking issue, as it requires a push of the lock button before pushing auto-start. I've replaced the battery in the remote twice, and that hasn't solved the problem.

On the radio, sometimes some of the station preset keys just won't register that they are being pressed. You can cycle through presets with the steering wheel control, but can't press the button. It comes and goes without warning.
  • tylerkacsortylerkacsor Member Posts: 1
    My 2007 Saturn Aura suffers from loss of traction control which has happened from day one of purchase. It has never been bothersome however today I received an "Engine Power Reduced" while on the 401 (Major hwy) this was alarming however it still operated but this was followed up by a complete failure of the engine. I was able to move across to the shoulder however this was not done safely its a miracle I wasn't rear ended.

The car performed well previously I have had a few wheel bearing issues some were replaced under warranty and one wasn't however it should have been I wasn't aware that it was covered at the time under the power train warranty.

The car has 156000 km on it and is now out of warranty. Other issues I have been living with

- No light in the gas dashboard area
    - No Air conditioning since year two (i lived in the north so it wasn't an issue, there was no dealership around)
    - The radio has had periods of times lasting weeks where it wouldn't power on and then all of a sudden it came back and has been performing normally.

None of this caused too much issue with the exception of the engine ultimately disabling.
    Good morning tylerkacsor,

Where are you writing in from (I see that you're using kilometers as your unit of measure)? If you like, I can get you information on how to contact customer service for your region.

• flymananshflymanansh Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2008 Aura XE with the exactly same problem. Rubbing noise after the car warms up and meanwhile clunk noise while turning. I didn't take my car to a GM dealer because its warranty has expired, although there is only 31000 miles on my car. Looks like this is a common problems for Saturn cars. Why is there not a recall for this? If I drove a lot and the problem may show up in the period of warranty, then I can have it repaired for free. But now the cost for repairing may go up to $1000 or more. It is unfair for low mileage four or five years old saturn cars! This noise has been there for almost one year and really annoys me and may make me stay away from GM cars for my next purchase.
    Good morning flymanansh,
    If you wanted for us to check into this further (we do have to work with a dealership and I cannot guarantee what the end result of our inquiry would be), please contact us via email at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and a summary of the situation so far).

• kmyleskmyles Member Posts: 2
  • stanbrostanbro Member Posts: 1
    In regards to the points on the remote not working that happened to two of our remotes and it was due to two reasons, one is a missing solder spot (there are only a few of them). It is easy to fix. The other reason is some of the rubber faces on the remotes do not make good contact for some reason. This one even my mechanic could not fix. So one remote works now one does not.
    I also have the problem of the buttons on the left of my radio do not work unless it is extremely cold out. It is very annoying because I cannot use the menu button at all. Is there a known solution to this? Do I need to replace the radio?
  • flymananshflymanansh Member Posts: 2
    thank you, Sarah. I have sent out an email and hope to hear back soon.
  • toybenztoybenz Member Posts: 10
  • dck143dck143 Member Posts: 1
    I know this is an older topic but did you have any luck with the electrical issues?

Mine is blowing the 10 amp fuse for the tail lights and dash board lights. You had mentioned that your mechanic found a short any idea where the short was located.

thank you for any answers you may supply.
    Dean
  • ryan14841ryan14841 Member Posts: 1
    I am having this same steering issue I see so many others having. I purchased my 2008 Aura certified preowned in 2010. I took it into the dealer shortly before the warranty expired with this steering rubbing noise issue. I believe they said they replaced the steering gear, and it worked perfectly for about exactly one year and now it is back exactly the same as it was before. Now my warranty has long since passed. I called the dealer to see if the repair itself has a warranty, and I never could get a straight answer on that. I can't really afford an expensive repair on this, so I am hesitant on taking into the dealer again. Just wondering with so many people apparently experiencing the same problem, was there ever a recall on this?