Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Mazda3

Comments

• manybmwsmanybmws Member Posts: 347
    The 2010s will get discounted $500 or so in the meantime while the 08s and 09s are on the lot don't you think?

Then I am sure the discounting will go to invoice and Mazda incentives will appear after that...
    Change the tires if you haven't. A cheap fix in my mind. I have a 335xi Coupe with Sports Suspension and surprisingly enough its ride compliance is close to the Mazda 3. I am not saying its the same but there are ride characteristic similarities.

I test drove a new Honda Accord and the ride is a nice compromise between handling and ride quality IMO.

Test drive, test drive, test drive and develop a taste before you buy. Lot's of great cars to choose from - even those with high reliability :)
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Avi, all your information is greatly appreciated in this forum and since you do work for Mazda, why would this really negative earlier poster think you'd downgrade your product? That's why it's always best to pass over or just ignore those kind of people. The wife and I both agreed that the side view of the '10 model looks similar to a Lexus I250...not a bad car to be compared with.
    Our local dealer is supposed to get a couple of '10 models in this week so we'll surely be going over there to check 'em out. Glad to hear that they've made the front seats more comfortable and a bit larger. The new dash layout also looks great, a good evolution from the current generation. Hopefully the charchol color won't be as dark as the current model, we ended up with the silver on our '05 S model and were glad that they couldn't locate the darker gray for us as we originally requested.
    Again, thanks for your great updates on the new model and keep 'em coming as I've got a real good idea that the wife will end up with a leather equipped '11 model when all is said and done, as I don't think that she'll want to spend upwards of $28k for a entry luxo new car.

The Sandman :)
  • smallcarsmallcar Member Posts: 39
    Looks like the mazdausa site has been updated. You can build one here:

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/configEntryPointTools.action?vehicleCode=M3H&mod- elYear=2010

(hope that link works)
  • mandymusikamandymusika Member Posts: 42
    Can anyone answer my question in regards to the Ipod integration? can i connect my ipod to the aux and control the songs with the stereo? Does that work? Can I even connect it to the aux in the glove box? Or do I need to still use my fm transmitter (which sucks). Your info is greatly appreciated. thanks
  • mazdazedmazdazed Member Posts: 34
    I am also looking into replacing the 17" wheels with 16"s and a 60 series tire. I know I will sacrifice some handling but if the ride is quieter and smoother it would be worth it. The tires would cost less and probably have a higher treadwear rating also.
    Avi,

I have been reading a lot of good reviews about the General Altimax HP tire line. Continental apparently is making a notable investment in the General product line. They are priced right too. I just can't buy Michelins or any of their brands like BF Goodrich or Uniroyal being it is a French company.
    I know the 2009 Hatchback has tie downs for a cargo net to keep things from sliding around. I would be surprised if the 2010 did not.
    I agree! I think road noise and road debris hitting the wheel wells are the two things that bother me the most on my 09. The front wheel wells are plastic so I have not considered undercoating them but that might be the best option. I have a stone driveway so I get the sound show when I pull out on to the road. Never heard it with my Dakota or Charger. Still, for 16k it is a great commuter that is head and shoulders above the typical econo box. I also think that less rpm in 5th gear would help the mpg. They love to rev.
    The Ipod integration (or any MP3 player) is through the AUX connection on the 09 using a 3.5 mm male-to-male cable. This is inside the center console cubby which also has a DC power connector so you can power/charge the Ipod as well. Songs are not displayed on the radio display. You have to use the Ipod to control/view the songs played.

Looking at the link above, all 2010 models support the same level of music player integration.
    A company that does truck bedliner coatings might be worth looking into.
  • ecotrklvrecotrklvr Member Posts: 519
    I've used sound deadening mats before, but they are expensive and tricky to cut and apply. If it was my car, I'd try this stuff: link title
  • bob226bob226 Member Posts: 4
    You can use the aux jack in the center console (through your iPod's earphone jack) and control the music with the iPod.

Or spring for the iPod intregration accessory that can be installed at the dealership -- the iPod connection routes to the glovebox, plug the iPod in and it charges at the same time.

accessories.mazdausa.com

Using the accessory, you can control the track, and other file parameters using the center stack controls or the controls on the steering wheel. Plus the song info is displayed on the Multi Information Display.

Finally, if you have audio files on a Bluetooth enabled device (phone, for instance), you can play that through the stereo as well.

The really good news is that Mazda fixed the head unit so you should be able to select from FM, AM, CD, BT (Bluetooth audio), Sat (satellite radio), Aux1 (aux jack), and Aux 2 (iPod adapter) in the same car.
  • koolerkooler Member Posts: 22
    I have been trying to get an 09 VW Jetta SportWagan TDI and you guys are already buying a 2010? Are many 2010 out? Is it like buying an "older" car if I am still trying to look for a 2009?

Why is the 2010 Mazda3 such a "gotta-have car?" Come on guys, put your sales tactics :confuse: to work...
    QuietCar can easily be applied to the exterior (underside) of the vehicle. And in fact, significant reduction in road noise can be achieved just with application to wheel wells, for example.

Interesting thanks. I'll talk to my detailer about it.
  • ImperfectSenseImperfectSense Member Posts: 9
    Selling points for me:

#1 - How this car drives, in particular how it corners. I haven't driven the '10 yet, but based on my experience auto-crossing the '04, I'm completely sold. This thing is fun, responsive, and just "feels right" when you're yankin' and bankin'.

#2 - The interior. I always want the outside of my car to look good, but I know that I personally will spend the majority of my time staring at the interior (as it should be). The new interior on the 2010 is in my opinion one of the most beautiful interiors ever put into a car. I think it's very space-ship like (without being stupid like the Civic), has great flowing lines and attention to detail, and looks very high-end.

That's really all it took for me... I look forward to doing a lot of test driving of the competition that's out there, including some VW's, to see if anyone else captures that "Zoom Zoom" feeling, but I don't think anything comes close to the interior, the options, the price, the look, etc.

:D
  • shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    That's really all it took for me... I look forward to doing a lot of test driving of the competition that's out there, including some VW's, to see if anyone else captures that "Zoom Zoom" feeling, but I don't think anything comes close to the interior, the options, the price, the look, etc.

The MKVI Rabbit and GTI are already out and about in Europe, and by all accounts, it will be a very worthy competitor. Don't 'cha love competition? :shades:

Best regards,
    Shipo
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    In CT, where Mazda shill avi seems to be located, you can get a V6 EX-L Accord for 25.6k.
    Just makes the "premium" nonsense associated with the new Mazda 3 seem even more ridiculous.

A 2009 Honda Accord V6 EX-L w/ nav (to be fair and compare apples to apples), has an MSRP of $31,575 according to Edmunds ($5,000 more then a comparable 2010 Mazda3 with has more features then an Accord EX-L w/nav). Several local Honda dealers (yes, there are several in my area) have this car listed at over $31,600. After trolling the "2009 Accord Prices Paid & Buying Experience" thread, there was not ONE person who bought a 2009 Accord EX-L w/ nav for anywhere near $25.6K. I have no idea where you are getting your prices from. That is $2,000 below invoice. Honda dealers are not taking that kind of deal right now.

You cannot base your argument on what a 2010 Mazda3 stickers for and what an uncommon low ball sale price of a 2009 Accord is. That is not a fair comparison. Let's look at hard factual data.

2009 Honda Accord V6 EX-L w/ nav: MSRP: $31,575
    2010 Mazda3 s GT w/tech: MSRP $25,500

Since the Mazda3 just came out, we have no idea what the real world selling price will be.

If you want to compare the Mazda3 to the true Honda equivalent, Honda Civic, let's see how the pricing compares.

2009 Honda Civic EX-L w/ nav: MSRP $24,352
    2010 Mazda3 GT w/tech: MSRP $25,500

For the extra $1,200, Mazda gives you the following:

Keyless entry & push button start
    bi-xenon headlights (close to $500 in real world value alone)
    adaptive front head lights
    10 spkr Bose system (4 more then Honda's system)
    power drivers seat w/memory
    dual climate control
    17" alloy wheels
    fog lights
    27 more hp
    33 more lb-ft tq
    perimeter alarm

Just makes the "premium" nonsense associated with the new Mazda 3 seem even more ridiculous.

If you think the "premium status" for a Mazda3 is a joke, what do you think of the Honda Civic with a similar price tag with far less content is??
    Avi, all your information is greatly appreciated in this forum and since you do work for Mazda, why would this really negative earlier poster think you'd downgrade your product? That's why it's always best to pass over or just ignore those kind of people.

I know. But, I like to debate!

IIRC, you own a Mazda3 and a Honda Civic, right? I think I also recall you saying in the past that your Civic interior has aged better then the Mazda. This new Mazda3 has a vastly improved interior, and is worthy of a close look. I think you might like it.
    Thanks for the tip!

p.s....I like that French comment!
    Someone earlier asked about that.

There are two tie town hooks that I saw in the 5-door. You can also use the LATCH anchors located in the back of the rear seats as well to hold down various things.

One thing I noticed was that Mazda eliminated the sub cargo storage area. That stinks! Reason being is that Mazda polled current Mazda3 5-door owners, and no one stated that as a feature they liked, so, they eliminated it and spent that money elsewhere.
  • mandymusikamandymusika Member Posts: 42
    Thanks, I appreciate the reply! I think the LATCH would be the safest for them. Too bad about the extra compartments, I would have liked them.
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Yes, we own both and I love my Civic dash layout. Not "stupid" at all but let's one keep the eyes on the road while knowing your speed...what's not to like. My comment about aging was that the Mazda seems to have more creaks, groans & "noises" than the Civic. Granted the 3 has close to 59k on the clock while the Civic hasn't even hit 20k in almost 3 years. I do like the dash layout of the '10 3 and the wife concurs. The only bad thing which the older 3s had was the crappy leather on the seats. Sat in a brand new Highlander yesterday and the leather was buttery smooth and there were no wrinkles or kinks to be found unlike the 3 leather of earlier years. And I know she really wants nice leather eventually. Has Mazda addressed this issue with the new iteration? Hope so as I think it'll be a real contender for the next new car we buy.

The Sandman :)
  • joem5joem5 Member Posts: 201
    Besides the 2.5liter is there another choice in the Mazda 3 :) ?
  • shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    Yup, the 2.0, just like the 2009 and earlier models. :)

Best regards,
    Shipo
    Has Mazda addressed this issue with the new iteration?

Yes. The leather is much nicer this time around.
  • zar1zar1 Member Posts: 24
    I signed up with Mazda a long time ago and then again a month or two ago to get updates on the Mazda 3 intro but have yet to hear anything from them. Has anyone else signed up and received anything yet?

Also noted promotional financing available right out the gate with 2.9% for 3 years. Not as good as 0 but not bad either for a brand new entry.
  • emily23emily23 Member Posts: 8
    Yes, they are.
    CarsDirect price of 25.6k for Accord V6-EXL.
    You can either use their dealers or simply go to a local dealership and ask if they will meet their price.
    Executive Honda in Wallingford did.
    Oh---see what the 2009 Mazda 3 models are going for. Mazda is giving their models away AND trying like hell to sell remaining 08 models.
  • ecotrklvrecotrklvr Member Posts: 519
    Maybe 12 of them! They were on a truck, heading North on I-5 near Miramar in San Diego County. Methinks they came into port in SD, and were heading to points North. And in case you were wondering, while most were 4-doors, there was at least one 5-door.

I've been leaning towards a 4-cyl Venza (just coming to dealers), then thought of a VW Sportwagon. This 3 seems like a smaller, sportier alternative that has all the latest technology. Can't wait to feel the 5-speed auto trans downshift by itself when taking a slow corner...
    Yes, they are.
    You can either use their dealers or simply go to a local dealership and ask if they will meet their price.
    Executive Honda in Wallingford did.
    Oh---see what the 2009 Mazda 3 models are going for. Mazda is giving their models away AND trying like hell to sell remaining 08 models.

You apparently read nothing that I wrote....why don't you read it again.

You are comparing a low ball price sale quote of a Accord with an MSRP of $31,500 to the MSRP...say it again with me....MSRP , not selling price, of a 2010 Mazda3. Not a fair comparison.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    The term was used, and as I had missed noticing it when it went up, it rested comfortably until someone decided that we had to go into it instead of simply ignoring what was more a result of the death of the English language than anything else. So I've removed the post in question, and the posts discussing the post.

Back to the Mazda 3 please.
  • tgassetttgassett Member Posts: 20
    I am not sure why you are on this forum?? If you want an Accord just go buy one.

I agree with AVI on this one for sure. In my case I am buying a 2010 3 S Sport automatic which retails for $20,210. I can buy the car for $500 under that price easily plus I have a preferred buyers card from Mazda for another $500 off. There is nothing, and I mean nothing that comes remotely close to this car for around $19,200 plus taxes. If you tried to compare this car with the Civic EX you would be way off. It would be a better comparison to compare the S model 3 to the Civic Si which would cost a lot more for the same gas mileage and a little more hp but less torque.
    Different strokes for different folks. Isn't it great that we don't all like the same thing.
  • gamejo1gamejo1 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know if it has daul power seats or just a drivres power seat?
  • griswaldgriswald Member Posts: 33
    The Canadian version just has a driver's power seat, not sure about U.S.
    I am 99% sure it is just the drivers seat. I test drove one last week but didn't look at the passengers seat controls.
  • emily23emily23 Member Posts: 8
    In CT, MSRP for a 2010 Maza 3 IS THE SELLING PRICE. Right now, dealers are asking for full sticker. That may change in the future, but right now..MSRP IS THE SELLING PRICE. There are many who will, I suppose, pay full sticker for a new model. I am not one of them.
    The quote from CarsDirect was NOT a lowball price. It was honored.
    Say it again with me...MSRP IS THE SELLING PRICE FOR THE 2010 MAZDA3. MSRP IS...
  • pvanmanpvanman Member Posts: 10
    Found a 2010 Mazda3 sedan, 2.5 eng, 6 speed trans, Bose stereo with 8 speakers, moonroof etc, sticker is $18,500, dealer would not even budge $1 below sticker. I am in Southern New Jersey, Phila area and can't find another 2010 Mazda3 anywhere close by. Needless to say, the car is still sitting on the lot.
    There are still plenty of 2009 Mazda3 sedans around with the 2.0 eng and 5 speed and they are ready to wheel and deal but performance wise the 2010 is much more superior.
    I have a 2.0 liter Mazda I new value 10 months old with 4k on it.I bought it because it was better on fuel than the S or GT 2.3 liter.The GT came with heated seats,but I wanted a 2.0 like my Type S Acura.
    . Now, if I go with a 2010 HB 5pd (wish it was a 6spd) it will have a 2.5 liter. So my question is can I shift into second gear and skip 3@4 and drop it in 5th gear (OD)? In my Acura I can drop it in 6th gear from third gear. I get 31 highway 26 city premium fuel.
    I have a feeling of a good trade in . I clear masked it, got rid of goofy antennae and put an Acura shark finn on it,but I need a HB. the options I want are a sunroof and heated seats.So,I'm stuck with a GT right?
    Unless dealer sends car to shop and installs heated front seats for $800.00.
    Well, if you have any ideas or critism I'd appreciate it. I'm off to try an Astra 2dr HB with heated seats and (leather) no sunroof unless you buy 4dr. . I was told it was an Opel made in Germany or belgium and it's rockin' Eurpope .You got any other cars in mind/ :shades:
    Gamejo1,

It looks like the s GT (4-Door and 5-Door) come with driver's power seat with memory standard, but none of the trims have power passenger seat.
    It's new and belive me give them 4 months of this economy and they will deal.
    Some posters on here say to get an 09 and :shades: save alot of money.
    Joem5,

Are you asking about the AT (5 speed)? If you put it in sport mode, you can up-shift from 2 to 3 to 4 to 5 (pull the AT stick back three times). The tranny won't let you down shift into a too low gear if it over spins the engine.

If you are looking for a 6 speed, the s models (2.5L engine) come with 6 spd MT.
  • zar1zar1 Member Posts: 24
    Can you tell me when and how you got a $500 "Preferred Buyer's Card" for a 2010 Mazda 3? I signed up with Mazda months ago to receive 2010 M3 updates via email but have yet to receive any communication from them.
    Can you tell me when and how you got a $500 "Preferred Buyer's Card" for a 2010 Mazda 3?

The Perfered Buyers card is given out by an employee of Mazda.
    make your email address public for a short while so I can get your address and I will send you some info.
    Yes, they are.

Here is a CarsDirect quote for a Accord V6 EX-L. They sated $25.9K Close to what you got.

http://www.carsdirect.com/build/options?zipcode=06810&acode=USB90HOC011F0&restor- e=false

Here is a CarsDirect quote for a comparable Accords V6 EX-L with nav. Since the $25,500 sticker for a 2010 Mazda3 has nav. There is quite a difference. $27,871

http://www.carsdirect.com/build/options?zipcode=06810&acode=USB90HOC011Y1&restor- e=false

So, as you see, a sticker price of $25,500 is quite a value, especially since the price went down from last year, and it has more equipment.

Will there be discounts and incentives in the near future? Most likely.

I, for one, do not see any reason to pay an extra $2,200 for a larger, less nimble car with not as much technological content.

Is the Accord a great car? It sure is! Can you get a "good deal" on one right now? You bet. Does that automatically make other cars, like the 2010 Mazda3, not a good choice or a good value? Absolutely not.

The Mazda3 is a great selling car, and has been ever since it came out. It has always had a higher end model closer to mid-sized sedan prices and it has not effected sales one bit, even in this tough economic climate. So, has Mazda does something right? It sure seems so. Will this trend continue with the 2010? I don't see why not. We sold 2 on Saturday.
    I am the one who recommended the Accord originally as an MSRP comparison to a loaded 4-cylinder which is much closer to the MSRP of a loaded up 3 GT. And yes there are a few features that Avi pointed out the 3 has that the Accord doesn't but it's a pretty short list.

I have to agree with Emily that the current Net Price is a better way to compare these days. After all what does the MSRP price mean on a brand new 2008 or 2009 Mazda 3? Absolutely nothing.

So for a car shopper today you have to see what you can get for your money given the best deal on a car. This may get you a car that is upmarket from the competing mfg models you are looking at. In this market that is not uncommon. Heck I looked at a brand new 2007 Jetta for $15K. Still too much in my opinion.
    I have to agree with Emily that the current Net Price is a better way to compare these days. After all what does the MSRP price mean on a brand new 2008 or 2009 Mazda 3? Absolutely nothing.

I agree with that too. Afterall, MSRP is really a ficticous number in my opinion anyway.

Considering that the 2010 just came out just a few days ago, a money conscious consumer will most likely wait to buy until the dealers are more willing to bend on the price or when Mazda offers incentives. Those things usually don't matter to the impulsive "gotta have it now" buyer that seems to have the interest in the car right now.
    On the Mazda GT it has every option in Mazda offers. Keyless entry, push button start and a few bells and whistles.
    Go to Google and type in New cars 2010 and go to future car and you get practically a 2009 price for $300.00 more. You build the GT (colors are bad) and you will seem alot lower than my title. :shades:
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    I just saw a Mazda3 in Pearl White!!! It was beautiful! Really a sporty, zoom zoom looking car! The interior looks nice too, the whole design has a more upscale look.
    The whole concept looks like fun! The car was only $20k, it has alloy wheels, tan cloth, no roof, but for the money it simply looks like a more expensive car. I could totally see myself in the car. Though, its not the car I plan to get on my next lease.
    It doesn't look like your average car, finally, a company that can step out the box and design a car going with a more concept look. There are so many cars out there, but most are all boring, why not have some fun. This car seems to have it. BUT, I have not driven it yet, so its engine and feel cannot be judged yet. I am sure it does drive quite well, with its shiftable automatic.

I am very impressed. The white looks the best on the car. I would like to test drive one now, but I am not really in the market for a new lease.