Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Genesis Lease Questions

Comments

• marco27marco27 Member Posts: 8
    Hi - I would like your thoughts on the lease deal I just completed:

2011 Genesis 3.8 Sedan w/Premium and Technology Pkgs
    List Price: $41,800.00
    36mths/12,000 mi per year
    $750.00 Down, which includes 1st mths payment
    $400.00 + tax per mth payment

How did I do??

Thanks Car Man!
  • toyetoye Member Posts: 351
    Sounds like a sweet deal!!
    What's the payoff for the Genesis after the lease is up?
    I believe they were just using the residual formula figures, although I did try to negotiate that as well, to no avail.. I have no plans to buy the car at lease end.
    With a lower lease payment usually means a higher payout for the Genesis after the lease is up.... I will pay $18,500 for my 2009 Genesis 6 cyl tech at the end of 36 month lease with about 35k mileage. Just wanted to know what your payout would be whether you buy or not. thanks
    I have a lease end buy figure of $23,845.95, but I have no plans to buy it. I'm coming off 9 yrs of BMW leases and I just wanted the cheapest, best car I could find this time around. I tell you what...with this sweet ride you really don't need to pay $800/mth for a 535i!
  • edsmededsmed Member Posts: 5
    Hello all,

Can anybody suggest a way that we can get the conquest discount of $1500 even though the car that we have is under somebody else's name? It's family and the address is the same but the name will not be the same.

Also, we're getting a 2011 3.8 genesis sedan with tech and premium on a 3yr/36K mile lease for $460/month + tax with just the first month and tax due at delivery. Would you move on this deal? I don't have the final sale price but I'm worried since another post mentioned $400 + tax on a lease.

Thanks in advance.
    I'm paying $489 plus tax for my 09 tech 6 cyl but with 15k mileage per year.(up in March of 2012) It sounds like the Genesis's resale value is going up and the monthly leases are going down....more affordable for a person who wants to lease.

Even though I've leased I have put painted mud guards, rear window spoiler, 4 new Bridgestone high performance tires and put in a plug and play video in motion (VIM) that intergrates flawlessly with the DVD player. The Genesis will be a bargain at $18,500 whent the lease is up.

Congratuations on your new "sweet ride"

Driving a simular luxury car at 1/2 the cost...that is just great!
  • clobdellclobdell Member Posts: 1
    Would love some feedback on a lease we're considering. It's for a 2011 Genesis 4.6 with a price quote of $39,590 (roughly $1350 under invoice). We're putting around $4K down and the lease will be roughly $464 a month. Based on all the research I've done, this sounds like a steal (since most dealers are advertising the base 3.6 at $399 a month) but would love some feedback. The buy out price would be $24,584. We're going to make our decision this week but would love to hear from the masses on how good of a deal this is.
  • obewanobewan Member Posts: 8
    Very interested in a new 2010 Genesis and noticed what seems to be a good lease deal advertised. This would be my first lease so I am new to leasing. Current advertisement is $299 mo with 995 due at signing on a V6 base model. I have spoke with this dealer several times regarding a purchase and I can purchase a 2010 base for $29,500 OTD. Is this a good deal and what is the payoff price based on at the end of lease, MSRP or invoice?

Thanks
  • frankrizzofrankrizzo Member Posts: 67
    $299? I *JUST* saw an ad on TV for $399. Is that a typo?

If not, what state are you in? I'd like to find the info on that deal!
  • emc17emc17 Member Posts: 26
    Hi car man: My current lease will end in 2 months. I am very interested in the Genesis coupe V6, automatic fully loaded. (navigation, leather, etc) How much my lease payments should be looking at the current year end incentives and a good credit score. Thank you.!!! :)
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi emc17. If you provide me with the full MSRP and approximate selling price (or at least the dealer invoice price) of the exact Genesis that you are interested in I would be happy to use Hyundai's current lease program to work up a sample payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • michaellakemichaellake Member Posts: 2
    Car Man - I need your help. I am interested in buying or leasing a 20011 Genesis with premium, 3.8. I am less interested in technology unless you tell me that it can be had very reasonabley. I drive a car 6-10 years, so I am torn between buying and leasing since the lease deals seem very good right now. I live in Cincinnati and would be willing to travel to get the best deal. Thoughts on price and buy vs. lease?
  • michaellakemichaellake Member Posts: 2
    I need everyone's help. I am interested in buying or leasing a 2011 Genesis with premium, 3.8. I am less interested in technology unless you tell me that it can be had very reasonabley. I drive a car 6-10 years, so I am torn between buying and leasing since the lease deals seem very good right now. I live in Cincinnati and would be willing to travel to get the best deal. Thoughts on price and buy vs. lease?
  • obewanobewan Member Posts: 8
    My brother is a salesman at Paramount Ford Hyundai here in Valdese, NC $299 a mo for 36 mo with $995 +fees and taxes down. Best deal I could find anywhere. Not sure this one is still active but you can ask for Bryan P at the dealership or if you could pass your #along, I will give to him.
  • stimstim Member Posts: 36
    Neighbor just got a pretty decent deal on a 2K mile dealer demo. V8 Black on Black perfect condition. He traded a 2000 CLK320 convt with nearly 90K and the car needed work and wasn't in great condition - he needed over 1K in repairs. Got 7K on the trade 2K used for down payment. Got a check for 5K. His total lease payment was 389.75 for a three year 12K a year lease INCLUDING sales tax.

From my calcs he did pretty well on the cap cost and the dealer used the standard V6 lease rates. Not a bad deal in my opinion. I am looking as well - love the car hope the same or another dealer in the area can match it.
    Hi michaellake. The lease program on the Genesis is OK, but not great enough to convince me to lease one when I ordinarily would have purchased instead. You can finance one through Hyundai using a conventional loan right now at right around the same interest rate that it is charging on leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    Car_man do you have the december MF and residual for 36 month lease of Genesis 4.6 model with 15000 per..
    Thanks!
  • sotampacanesotampacane Member Posts: 6
    Any help that can be provided would be appreciated on lease specs for a Hyundai 3.8 Genesis

Specs-36 mo lease, 10k miles per year. Automatic with premium navigation package
  • friedmikefriedmike Member Posts: 37
    Carman - Can you provide the money factor and residual for 36 months and 12k miles on the 2.0T Premium Auto lease for the Genesis Coupe? Also, do you know what vehicles you need to drive to qualify for Hyundai competitor owner incentive? And does a Kia count for the Hyundai owner loyalty offer? Thanks!
  • sotampacanesotampacane Member Posts: 6
    This forum is eerily reminiscent of the Hyundai dealerships I visited 5 days ago. Couldn't find a car to drive and no one responds. Weird way to try and move up the brand into a higher echelon of consumer.

Which is a shame because the Genesis I did drive was terrific except it had more equipment than I wanted and they cheaped out on the passenger seat so it sat way too low.

I still haven't made a final decision, so if any Hyundai west coast florida dealers read this, send me a message. Your internet managers don't return emails.
    Hi- I recently leased a fully loaded 2011 3.8 from a dealer in Weston, Fl. Don't waste your time trying to figure MF and residuals on this car- b/c you can do way better with final numbers if you just press the dealer. I walked away with this deal:

2011 3.8 w/Prem and Tech Pkgs (fully loaded)
    12000 mi/36 mths
    $750 Down Includes 1st month payment
    $400/mth + tax

The car listed at $41,800 - try to plug in MF and Resid and get to that figure- you can't. The dealer can make it happen if he wants - and they
    are looking to move these cars and take customers away from BMW and Lexus, etc. I was paying $800/mth for a 535i- I like this car better hands down- at half the cost. Go steal a Genesis while you can!
  • binbotbinbot Member Posts: 8
    Are January MF and Resid available for a 2010/2011 manual base Genesis Coupe with 15k/year for 36 months?
    edited January 2011
    Hi steevo. Hyundai Finance's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Genesis Sedan 4.6 with 15.000 miles per year are .00075 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello sotampacane. Hyundai Finance's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Genesis Sedan 3.8 with 10,000 miles per year are .00061 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    I sure can, friedmike. Hyundai Finance's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium Auto with 12,000 miles per year are .00167 and 59%, respectively.

I doubt that Kias count towards Hyundai's owner loyalty program. I'm not sure exactly which models qualify for the competitive owner program.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, binbot.

Hyundai Finance's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 Genesis Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00167 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • audiobuffaudiobuff Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car Man - Can you tell me the January buy rate for a 2011 Genesis Coupe GT Auto for 15,000 miles for 36 months? Thanks!
    I'd be happy to audiobuff.

Hyundai Finance's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Genesis Coupe GT with 15,000 miles per year are .00167 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • ghetto2315ghetto2315 Member Posts: 40
    edited January 2011
    Please post MF and Residual for 2011 Gen Coupe 3.8 Track - Manual Tranny - 15,000 Miles per Year assuming program is for 36-months. Also, any and all lease cash or incentives. Thank you!
  • manniodlmanniodl Member Posts: 2
    Carman, What are the lease details and any incentives for a 36 month, 18k mi per year lease: 2011 Genesis 3.8 (fully loaded)? I live in so california (91701). Thanks so much!
    Here you go. Hyundai Finance's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track MT with 15,000 miles per year are .00185 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi manniodl. Please see my previous post for an example of what this car's current lease program is like.

Car_man
    Host
  • timc7timc7 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for a 3-Year/20K Mile Per Lease on a 2011 Genesis 3.8 with Tech Package (or a 4.6)

My local dealer (California Zip 94303) is telling me Hyundai only does 15K leases and has come up with some insane numbers for some other local (maybe he meant "loco") Bank.
    3Year/20K Per - 3.5K Down - $550+Tax per month

What's the real story on this, Hyundai doesn't do 20K Leases?

I need some ammo to go after this car, I'm ready to lease it today.
  • audiobuffaudiobuff Member Posts: 9
    It’s funny you should post this question, as we just went through this same problem at a dealer in San Jose 10 days ago. It is true the Hyundai leases only extend to 15K miles. You can roll into the lease, or pay up front the additional mileage at 15 cents a mile which would be $2250 (15 cents X 5000 miles X 3 years). Don’t let them try and tell you its 20 cents a miles, it’s not; only if you pay for the mileage at the end of the lease. Google a car lease calculator, if you haven’t done so already. When you look at the screen in the dealer’s finance office the money factor and residual value (which Car Man can provide) should be the same as for the 15k mile lease. If I get a vote, go for the 4.6. We have 2, a 2009 that just came off lease, and a 2010. We just replaced the 2009 with a little red 3.8 Genesis Coupe; great fun!! The dealer tried to tell us he had never written up a 20k lease before (ya, and cows can fly) Sorry to be so long. Hope this helps and good luck!!
    Jeff
  • martemarte Member Posts: 1
    marco27...I would like to lease a Genesis for under $500 per month and can't seem to do it. I gotta know what did your payment end up being with the tax added in?
  • jack616jack616 Member Posts: 10
    I just leased a Genesis v6, automatic with premium and navigation in NJ from Lester Glenn in Toms River. I put down $1900 total out of pocket and was under $400 a month. Does that help you?
    Hi jack,

Can you please post more details with your lease? I'm also in NJ and want to try to replicate your lease.

Thanks
  • jack616jack616 Member Posts: 10
    Hi. My car was 38400 and the price was brought down to 31,???. I did all of the paperwork over the phone. - (I never walked into any showroom other then to drive the cars I was considering. All of my car negotiations for the past 7 yrs for my family I have done this way and have found this way to be far less aggravating and more beneficial for me.) This is for 12000 miles a year and a 36 month lease (they don't do 39 months). The only thing that I did not like or know about was that there is a $400 fee when the lease is returned at the end of it if I do not purchase the car which I have never done - I would suggest to you that you (when all is said and done) try to negotiate that $400 off - I would have if I had known and tried to have gotten it off of the selling price (they said Hyundai has that on all of there leases).

Originally I had a price of 1500 down with a price of 394 per month (out the door price) with Lester Glenn. It was a little better then what I had gotten from other dealerships. (I had actually negotiated a better price for a 2011 Infiniti g37x of $339 a month plus $1900 down out the door price, but preferred the Genesis.)

I was lucky. It was the last day of the month and since I wanted the Genesis over the Infiniti I decided to call the sales manager, Ed Matthews, who I had spoken with before. I told him the price I had received for the Infiniti and that I preferred the Genesis and would he meet it. He asked if I would take the car that day (January 31st). I said yes and that was that! (I guess there is some truth to waiting until the end of the month!)

I cannot say enough about the sales manager, Ed Matthews, from Lester Glenn Hyundai in Toms River and the young lady Lauren Afflitto who I originally worked with. When we went to go and get the car all of the paperwork was done. AFTER all was completed, Ed told me that he had realized that he had made a mistake after he had agreed; but that it had been his mistake and that he felt compelled to honor it. (Totally opposite of how some of these dealerships work!) The dealership also will give me free oil changes and wheel rotations.

I don't know where in NJ you are, but you might do well to check them out. They were amazingly professional and incredibly nice. (After I checked out the car which looked very good, Lauren (original sales associate) was called outside by Ed. When she came back she told me that Ed was not satisfied with the job that had been done to clean the car and that he had her call the prep people to do a better job. I am a fussy person and expect a car to be perfect. He wanted it to be better then perfect!)

I hoped I answered all of what you wanted to know. Best of luck - I LOVE the car! (If you do speak with them tell them that Leslie sent you!)
    Thank you for the detailed info!
  • manniodlmanniodl Member Posts: 2
    Carman
    Can you give me some feedback on this deal that was offered to me today in so cal:
    3.8 Sedan with Tech
    36 mo lease, 20K miles per year
    Sales price - 36,999
    $1300 due at signing
    Total mo payment - $567

Dealer said he would throw in Winged badges.
    I'd be happy to take a look at this deal, manniodl. What is this car's MSRP? Knowing it will enable me to see how much of a discount you are being given on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • cmac6041cmac6041 Member Posts: 3
    Car-man, I'm looking to lease a v6 Genesis sedan this weekend and I was wondering if you were aware of any special lease deals that Hyundai may be offering? I live in the Boston area and nearly leased a Genesis last month for zero down and $380 per month for 36 months. Thought I might be able to do a little better by waiting. Also, Do you recommend any of the premium packages on v6 leases?
  • danielalvaradodanielalvarado Member Posts: 12
    I am working on a lease for this car. Only one dealer so far has given me hard figures as to the money factor and residual %. According to him, these are the numbers given by Hyundai themselves for the special ending on Feb 28, 2011. Can anyone confirm these numbers?

Genesis Coupe Automatic Transmission (Base)
    $24350 MSRP
    $21900 Base Cap Cost (TrueCar NoHaggle Price)
    $595 Bank Fee
    $1000 Manufacturer Incentive
    $21495 Adjusted Cap Cost
    59% Residual ($14367)
    .00167 Money Factor
    36 Months
    12000 miles/yr
    8.1% Sales Tax

$7128 Depreciation
    $2156 Finance Charge
    $833 Total Sales Tax
    $10036 Total Payments

$257.89 Monthly Payment Before Tax
    $20.89 Monthly Sales Tax
    $278.78 Total Monthly Payment
  • danielalvaradodanielalvarado Member Posts: 12
    Typical dealer bull****

They said "my manager agreed to $1000 dealer cash but he's raising the rate to make up for it"

Oh dear.
    Hi cmac6041. Hyundai is running a special lease program on the Genesis Sedan right now, but I don't believe that it sweetened its deal for President's Day. Its program for this car should be the same as it was earlier in the month.

Car_man
    Host
  • hrylandhryland Member Posts: 1
    Hi, if anybody has any knowledge to help me, it sure would be appreciated.

I am getting ready to buy a fully loaded Genesis Coupe that had a MSRP of $32250
    with a $2350 down payment, with an agreed upon price of $31,000, full sticker was $33150 not counting sealant and other bs charges. Not quite sure what the lease factors and fiqures should be with excellent credit and if this is worth paying for. Suppose to purchase tomorrow. Little help please.
    Thnks,
    Hank
  • gramanagramana Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

Can you tell me the current money factor and residual value for a 2011 Genesis 3.8L sedan with tech package (premium included) (3 yrs, 12k miles)? Thanks!
    Hi gramana. According to the latest information that I have seen, Hyundai Finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Genesis 3.8L Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00061 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    edited March 2011
    Car man- why is there never any discussion about Genesis lease deals that seem to be available that are way better via brute negotiation than any mf and rv calculator you can input with Hyundai's published numbers? I leased a 2011 Genesis Sedan loaded to the hilt with Prem and Tech pkgs with 0 down and $399/mth for 36ths and 12K mi. Can you pull those numbers out of published lease rates that are used in these forums? Doesn't seem like it, but I got one. Like most lessors, I have no plans to buy this car, so all the other numbers regarding purchase at lease end don't matter to me. Am I missing something about my deal?
This discussion has been closed.