Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Genesis Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Greetings zacware. Hyundai Finance's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Genesis Sedan V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00037 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 model .00199 and 60%.

There's a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of the 2011 model, but no lease cash on the 2012 model.

As you mentioned, there is a $1,500 loyalty cash incentive on this model as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • manchegomanchego Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Car_man. Anyone have any inkling of when/if Hyundai will be reinstating the $2K cash incentive on the 2012? Any other known reductions besides the $1500 loyalty on 2012's? Or anyone have any deals on 2012 V6 with Tech/Prem pkg with 3yr 15K mile lease?
  • myke0323myke0323 Member Posts: 9
    Hi,

I'm looking for the July residual value and money factor for the 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT with 15,000 miles.

Also, has Hyundai extended their competitive owner rebate? I believe the previous offer of $1,000 expired on 6/30.

Thank You
    Mike
    Hi Mike. Hyundai Finance's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of as a 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT with 15,000 miles per year are .00098 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top two credit tiers.

Hyundai did extend the $1,000 owner loyalty cash that is was providing on this car in certain areas.

Car_man
    Host
  • edrpcedrpc Member Posts: 11
    Can someone please post the Money Factors for the Genesis Sedan for July. If possible it would be nice to see them for both the 2011 and the 2012. Also, did Hyundai continue the lease manufacture cash of $2k for July on the 2011?
  • leon_0905leon_0905 Member Posts: 17
    Hyundai currently has a promotion for $399 lease for Genesis for 36 months 12k/year.
    Does anyone know on what MF / Residual value the payment is based on?
    What about 10K? 39 months?

Also, does Hyundai have something similar to MSD (multiple security deposits) like Infiniti that reduces MF?
  • 1enginepilot1enginepilot Member Posts: 3
    So most of the data I have seen is for top tier credit, is there any info out there for less then perfect or is leasing thru HMF not an option??

Thanks!
    My local dealer has two 2011's left on his lot, a fully loaded V6 and a V8, I like both colors, and the prices are within 2k of each other. So at this point for me its which I could get a better lease deal on.

Any opinions??

Thanks
    Hyundai currently has a promotion for $399 lease for Genesis for 36 months 12k/year.
    Does anyone know on what MF / Residual value the payment is based on?
    What about 10K? 39 months?

Also, does Hyundai have something similar to MSD (multiple security deposits) like Infiniti that reduces MF?
    Hi edrpc. Hyundai Finance's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2012 Genesis Sedan V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00199 and 60%, respectively for consumer who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 Genesis Sedan V6 are .00037 and 49%.

Yes, the $2,000 cash incentive that you mentioned is still available on 2011 Genesis Sedans, but there is not currently any cash on leases of the '12 model that I am aware of.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi leon_0905. Hyundai Finance's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Genesis Sedan V6 with 12,000 miles per year are .00199 and 61%, respectively.

If Hyundai Finance has an MSD program I am not aware of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • gh94903gh94903 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,

I've had something like 23 cars in my 35 years of driving and owned each of them. Now I'm looking to get a new car and think leasing is the way for me to go. Have been reading many of the posts but am wondering if there is a resource you can point for newbies. Sort of a Leasing for Dummies. I'm reading about residual rates, etc and think I need to do some basic homework first.

Thanks!
  • DaniZDaniZ Member Posts: 2
    I am getting a brand new 2012 Genesis 4 dr sedan v6 3.8L lease offer. 36 months lease 15K miles for $405 out the door. $0 down and dealer paying first month pmt. Is this a good deal??
    Hey Car_man,

Do you have the August residual value/money factor for both a 2011 and 2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Base?

Also, do you have the amounts of the competitive rebate for each year? I was told that (in July) the 2011 rebate was $1000, while the 2012 was $500.

Thanks again,
    Mike
    Just wanted to add: Looking for those numbers on a 36 month/15,000 mile lease. Thanks.
  • LASHAWNLASHAWN Member Posts: 303
    Sounds good to me considering it's only $6 higher than the advertised $399/month payment.
    edited August 2011
    Wow, that's a lot of cars gh94903 :). Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Mike. Hyundai Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2012 Genesis Coupe 2.0T Base with 15,000 miles per year are .00227 and I believe 60%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00095 and 54%.

The allowances that you were told for the competitive cash are correct.

Car_man
    Host
  • bman33bman33 Member Posts: 85
    Car_man:

Could you please tell me the August MF and Residual % on a 2012 Genesis Sedan 3.8 for a 3 year / 45000 mile lease. I am aware of the $1500 conquest cash, but if you know of any other incentives please post. Thanks for all your help on the forums!
    Hi car_man,

Could you provide me with the numbers of just one more vehicle? Having a tough time deciding on which trim but I think I've finally settled:

2011 Genesis Coupe 2.0T Auto Premium with a 36 mo/15k mile lease.

Thanks as always!
    Mike
    Carman,

Can you please give us the MF and Residual for the 2011 and 2012. Also is there money on the 2011 for cap cost reduction.
    All need some help, my local dealer has a 2011 V6 sedan on his lot, with the tech package, and had around 4700 miles on it. He is still looking for better then invoice, I am saying less then invoice before rebates. Can anyone point me to a good rule of thumb for a car this late in the model year with this many miles, as to what to take off the starting price. Also carman, is the $2000 lease cash still going for the 2011's??

Thanks!!!
    Here's the information that you're looking for, bman33. Hyundai Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Genesis Sedan V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00199 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • bman33bman33 Member Posts: 85
    Thanks car_man! Using the #'s, I was able to work a great deal on a 2011 Genesis Sedan w/ Premium package (MSRP $39850) for $453/mo including 5.1% WI sales tax with only $613 due at signing (first month plus title and plate fee). I should note that I received the Hyundai Circle discount pricing. I recommend other forum users who are looking at Hyundai do a google search for the term! :)
  • snootchsnootch Member Posts: 2
    Hi car_man, do you have the august money factor and residual value on both a 2011 and 2012 genesis coupe 3.8 grand touring. Also, does hyundai offer 10,000 or 12,000 mile plans?

Thanks!
    Carman,

Can you please give me the Residual and money factor for the Genesis R-spec.
    I certainly can Mike. Hyundai Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Genesis Coupe Premium Auto with 15,000 miles per year are .00095 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to edrpc. Hyundai Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Genesis Coupe R-Spec with 15,000 miles per year are .00095 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are .00230 and 58%.

I don't believe that Hyundai is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of either of these cars.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi 1enginepilot. There's no way that I personally would pay anywhere near dealer invoice for this car if I was in the market. Not only is there the $2,000 cash incentive that you mentioned on leases of it, but it has nearly 5,000 miles on it. I personally wouldn't want to pay more than $3,000 under dealer invoice for this car if I was considering it. On a brand new one with no miles, I'd he happy with $1,000 to $1,500 under invoice.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, bman33. I'm glad that I was able to help you out. Thanks for taking the time to stop back and let us all know how everything turned out. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hey snootch. Hyundai Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2012 Genesis Coupe Grand Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00230 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00098 and 54%.

I don't think that Hyundai Finance offers leases with only 10,000 miles per year, but if it does its residuals for that allowance are likely 1% higher than its 12k residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you for the quick reply. I am looking at the R-Spec sedan. I should have ben more specific. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.
  • loefflerbloefflerb Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2011
    I have an offer for a 2011 4.6 lease 36 months, 12k miles, no money down out the door for $428 month not including tax. I noticed they have a $400 disposition fee that seemed high. What is the residual and money factor for the 2011 4.6, 3 yr. 12k mile ?
  • dutton22dutton22 Member Posts: 6
    I'm looking at leasing at new 2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 with premium package. Can someone please tell me if they've leased this model and what is "considered" a good deal. I'm looking to put down 3K and my payment would be 385 a month. Also has anyone waived he 399 doc fee?
    Is the $385 including taxes. Also is this 3k of your own money plus 1500 rebate. If the rebate is not included it appears you have a good price. As a general rule it is not a good idea to put money down on a lease.
    Thanks for the infor Edrpc. I'm new to leasing so the 3K would be money out of my pocket. So what can I expect the payment to be with no money down. Can I really get a payment close to 400 a month with no out of the pocket cost? Thanks for the feedback.
    Thanks for the info Edrpc. I'm new to leasing so the 3K would be money out of my pocket. So what can I expect the payment to be with no money down. Can I really get a payment close to 400 a month with no out of the pocket cost? Thanks for the feedback.
    you can go to www.leaseguide.com an figure out your payment. you will need the residual and money factor. the residual on 12,000 mile lease is 61% and 60% on 15,000. i think the money factor is .00199.
    edited August 2011
    Thanks the for website. I just walked on a dealer he wanted to give me a .00219 money factor. Its great when you are informed before signing anything. I'm thinking about going in and really playing hardball at the end of the qtr 9/30/2011. Also asked about the doc fee and they said they could not waive that fee which I believe is totally hogwash.
    Hi loefflerb. Hyundai Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Genesis Sedan V8 with 12,000 miles per year are .00037 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    any help you can give me on the MF and Residual on the R-spec sedan is appreciated.
    Please Please any help you can give me on the MF and Residual on the R-spec sedan is appreciated.

Also, if you have the same info on the 3.8 sedan that would be great. I have to make a decision between the 2 before the end of September.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is looking to interview recent first-time Hyundai buyers who would consider buying another Hyundai down the road, based on their experience with the brand so far. Please email your make, model and daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com by September 13, 2011.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Hey edrpc. Hyundai Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Genesis Sedan R-Spec with 15,000 miles per year are .00219 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • icarlswagicarlswag Member Posts: 6
    I reviewed previous posts and don't see September numbers. could you please provide September's 2011 Genesis lease money factor and residual on 4.6L with 15,000 miles. This message board is very helpful.
  • danos3danos3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man

I am getting close to moving on a 2012 V8 Genesis Lease, could you help with some updated October MF and Residual information? thanks for your help
  • neerajsoodneerajsood Member Posts: 3
    got a quote on 2012 genesis V8, 12k miles per yr, 10k down, 314 all included in OC, CA
  • professionalrprofessionalr Member Posts: 5
    why would you put $10,000 on a lease?
  • ahashmiahashmi Member Posts: 141
    What's the MF and RV on a 2012 Genesis 3.8 with Premium Package for 36 months 10k mi/yr?

Thanks,
  • toyoman8toyoman8 Member Posts: 114
    edited October 2011
    MSRP $45,500
    Invoice $42,050 according to edmunds.com
    Online price $41,100- Good deal right???? or should I try to get it cheaper??

Want to lease for 36mos, 10 mil a year
    Out of pocket $1500

What would be my payments???
This discussion has been closed.