Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota 4Runner

Comments

• peter78peter78 Member Posts: 284
    I recently changed my oil on a 2001 model 4Runner. I bought a Toyota filter (#08922-02011). I noticed the filter in the truck was a little tight and needed a special wrench. I matched up the filter with a "Type B" oil wrench and started to change the oil. But the wrench did not fit the existing oil filter. I had to use the brute force method and a screw driver and hammer. It would of been easier if there wasn't a canvas side attachment by the engine. Can the canvas attachment come undone? It turns out the 1st filter is a different filter made in Japan and replacement filters are made in the US and use a different wrench. Bottom line; if you change your own oil you may want Toyota to change the first filter and oil, or have 2 different size oil wrenches.
  • mikeg444mikeg444 Member Posts: 17
    I am considering purchasing a 96-98 4 Runner and wondering what sort of real life gas mileage people get.
  • johndoe6johndoe6 Member Posts: 12
    I have a '98 Runner SR5 v6 and I get about 15 in town and 20 on the highway. It has an automatic transmission. I really like it!
  • alotawattsalotawatts Member Posts: 44
    FYI I used a self adjusting /metal strap type wrench and had very little trouble pulling my 2001 original factory filter.
  • hiluxsurfhiluxsurf Member Posts: 34
    I agree with Peter78. My first oil change on my 2001 Runner, I had to do the same thing, screw driver and a hammer. I should have bought a matching filter wrench from Toyota before I did that first one(I recommend this if you're still up to the challenge of the first one). I had the aligator type wrench which has teeth and tightens as you turn but to no avail. The filter actually just caved in 'cause it was so tight. I know next time. =)
  • llslicellslice Member Posts: 15
    I love my 01 4Runner,but one thing bothers me.It shifts a little harsh from a dead stop from 1st to 2nd if I baby it(3rd to 4th is smooth),but shifts seamlessly when I accelerate a little more aggresively.Also on occasion it feels as if someone bumped into me from behind when breaking semi hard to a dead stop,and then take my foot off the brake.As if the tranny never fully shifted down into 1st,and once the truck starts rolling it down shifted.It's got 5k miles right now and about to bring it in to the dealer to have a look.I own a 88 Celica w/140k hard city miles and am not used this by a Toyota.Anyone else have similiar quirks or suggestions?
  • jf01jf01 Member Posts: 88
    Besides the jerky early shifting, another quirk that I have with the transmission is a "hesitation." Sometimes after decelerating, then accelerating again, my 4Runner seems to "hesitate" and not want to accelerate, but then does it. It's not jerky, it's smooth, but it's still noticeable. It seems like it starts accelerating, slips off gear, then accelerates again. Anyone with a similar problem?
  • harry0harry0 Member Posts: 42
    I have the same hesitation problem with my 2001 4Runner. Sometimes when I accelerate from a red light or a stop sign it happens. It feels like the throttle response is off by 1/4 sec or so. It feels like the car wants to think about going then jumps. I find myself "feathering" the gas pedal when I start going. It doesn't happen all the time though. (10 to 20 percent of the time)
    My car is going in for a oil change in a couple of weeks. I'll ask the service dept what they think it might be then.
    Harry
  • cevans2cevans2 Member Posts: 23
    I just picked up a 98 4runner SR5 w/ running boards, roof rack, and moonroof and 32K miles. So far, love it. The dealer wanted 25K, I got out the door for $23,666 and 6.4% finance for 60mos. , including bumper 2 bumper warranty - 3years 67K. Does that sound like a good deal? Any info would be much appreciated. Keep in mind that is in NY where sales tax is 8.5%
    Was the '98 a 4X4? If so then not a bad deal. You will like the truck regardless if it is a good deal or not. I like my '98 a lot!
    HP
  • henmobilehenmobile Member Posts: 13
    I have the same problem (see my postings #297 and #301). It seems to happen at about 12-14 mph when accelerating from a stop and again at around 40 mph. One dealer finally acknowledged that other customers had complained about the same thing, but he said not to expect a fix from Toyota. If anyone has any additional information, it would be greatly appreciated!
  • senlamaisenlamai Member Posts: 2
    Hi guys,

I'm looking for a 2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 2WD in the Midwest region, particularly, Michigan, with either the SP or the LA package only. Does anybody know a good price and dealership in this area? The invoice price is $24,996 for LA package or $25,530 for SP package. Thanks for your help!

Also, are there any factory-to-dealer incentives available on these cars.
  • pilot16pilot16 Member Posts: 10
    I am very interested in the 2002 model so if anyone knows anything please post. I have an 89 4Runner with 177K miles and may want to trade it in someday. I drove a new Pathfinder today and agree Toyota must have a bigger engine coming. The Nissan was xk but my 89 rides better.
  • pilot16pilot16 Member Posts: 10
    "ok'" not xk - what is with the spellchecker on this site?
  • aggiedogaggiedog Member Posts: 238
    No hits on the maintenance board so I figured I'd try this here. You guys are more active over here.

I have a 2000 4Runner Limited with 16000 miles. I took it in for 15000 mile maintenance and when I got it back the brakes would shudder at highway speeds. I took it back and they said the brake drums where warped. The service advisor said that the mechanic may have put the brake pads on too tight. These are covered under warranty of course but I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?
  • cliffy1cliffy1 Member Posts: 3,581
    If the rear brakes were warped, it wasn't the pads. Pads go on discs, shoes go on drums and the the rear brakes on your Runner are drums. Get a better answer from your service advisor.

BTW, warped front rotors are not rare on the Runner.
    Is there any brand of shock that would make the ride of the Runner smoother on the road? My wife doesn't like the ride because of the pitching and jolts over bumps. It does not bother me that much.
    HP
  • cliffy1cliffy1 Member Posts: 3,581
    I'm the wrong guy to ask. I wish I could help.
    THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSES FELLAS.I FEEL BETTER KNOWING I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE OUT HERE THAT HAD THESE ANNOYING FEATURES,ESPECIALLY THIS LATE INTO THE MODEL YEAR.I FINALLY GOT TO TAKE IT OUT FOR A CRUISE ON THE OPEN ROAD AND HEADED OUT TO HERSHEY PA.(FROM NYC) THIS PAST WEEKEND AND NOTICED EXCESSIVE WIND NOISE COMING OFF THE MIRRORS ABOVE 55 MPH.
    Yes, it is a 4X4. From the research I did, it looks like a good deal. Only thing is, does anyone have any experience changing the shocks on 4runners to get a better ride? The ride is quite smooth when the road is smooth, but you do get every road irregularity transmitted to the cabin. I mean, it is a truck, and I expected it to ride as one, but I would like to smooth out the bumps a bit. Off-roading is not in my forseeable future.
    That is the question I am asking of cliffy1, Steve Clifford, the Toyota salesman, about the shocks. He said he is the wrong one to ask (thanks Steve). I will ask around and let you know.
    Hope you are liking your '98 4X4, I like my 4X2 even though it can get rough on bumpy roads!
    Cheers
    HP
    I've seen a lot of 4Runner websites where the owners used Bilstein shocks and said that the ride and handling were both improved. Anyone have any experience with Bilsteins on any vehicle? I also looked at Edelbrocks, but thought that gas shocks are better than ones with a "rebound circuit." Is this incorrect? I've been looking around for opinions on Bilsteins and have also been looking at prices. The best prices I've found so far are from the performance products catalog from performanceproducts.com at $79.95 each for the fronts, and $64.95 for the rears. Another place I asked told me about $320 for all four. Is there any real difference between the fronts and the rears? Also, any opinions on the Bilsteins would be appreciated.
  • jparentejparente Member Posts: 9
    Hi, I purchased a set of Bilsteins for both front and rear on my 2000 4Runner. I checked around and was told these are the best $ can buy. I too wanted to smooth out the ride. Well, let me tell you it really doesn't do much for that; it does seem to stick to the road a bit better over washboard surfaces.

I do notice that it corners much better and when I have 4 people aboard, towing my boat, the ride calms down a bit and the handling seems much better with the added towing weight. It also appears to corner pretty flat.

I'm not 100% sure this really helped my daily driving impressions. Every bump is still transmitted into the cabin and I remind myself "this isn't a car, it is a truck". So I'm a little unhappy with the results but like I said, it is a truck. I paid $280 for my set and $100 to have them installed...YIKES! So check around on install. But don't expect this to totally change your Runner's smoothness.
  • jq3jq3 Member Posts: 52
    I've tried 2 sets of shocks. My wife and I were(are) totally disappointed in the ride of our '97 4-Runner SR-5. First, I tried a set of Gabriels from Sears, but these shocks caused the truck to sort of bounce after it hit a bump. So, then I tried a set of Bilsteins and though they stayed steady after a bump they did NOTHING for the ride on rough roads. I still have the Bilsteins and will stick with those until we get another SUV.

Yes, I know it's a truck, but this day and time many people use their SUV's as "big cars". They rarely see any off-road activity, besides that's what my Tundra Limited is for, and to ask for a smooth ride isn't too much to ask for. Any market analysis will inform the auto makers that most people want a car-like ride with the flexibility of a truck, hence, the new hybrid vehicles.

Hopefully, the '02 4-Runner will address the ride issues which I've read owners complain about since we purchased ours new in '97. If not, we'll be forced to go elsewhere. I informed Toyota of this in a couple of surveys I filled out over the past 4 years of ownership. I hope they're listening because my wife really likes the 4-Runner and I like Toyotas!
  • djprezdjprez Member Posts: 1
    I have been test driving some SUV's for a couple of weeks now. They have been mainly new ones. I came across a 98' 4Runner Limited, 68K miles, it was loaded, very clean. The dealer was asking $22,888 for it. I thought it was a little high $$$ for the milage so I questioned it. He said "Oh, these things just break in at 55,000" -- is this BS?

I know Toyotas are reliable but, I don't want to get into something that won't last me another 7-10 years.

I test drove a Santa Fe and a Tribute -- I know that these are not in the same class as a 4Runner but for the same price I can get brand new. I plan on testing the Jeep Liberty, Escape and a Pathfinder

Suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.
  • ochsskochssk Member Posts: 52
    If you are not doing off-roading and Bilsteins are a bit pricey you might check out KYB Gas-A-Justs. I put those on my '88 4Runner and am pretty happy with them. I've heard the Bilsteins can be a little stiff onroad. Also 4Runners are made to go offroad and to last forever. This coupled with a truck frame leads to a fairly stiff ride no matter what the shock. If you want a soft onroad ride try a Highlander.
  • ochsskochssk Member Posts: 52
    I am starting to research a replacement for my '88 4Runner and I am considering the same vehicles you are. The longest lasting vehicle, Toyota 4Runner. Unfortunately they are $$ but may be worth it in the long run. Rumor has it they will redesign it in 2002 on the Tacoma frame with a hopefully more powerful and fuel efficient engine.

The Tribute/Escape has some first year recall issues and safety (crash test) leaves much to be desired. (check out www.crashtest.com).

The Santa Fe seems to be very well received by new owners. It has ok ground clearance for limited off road use, though with the independent suspension you will need to be careful. Their safety rating is very impressive but long term reliability is a question which only time will tell. On the other hand the 10 year 100K warranty offers some assurances.

I will not touch a Jeep especially first year- I don't want to make my mechanic rich.

I think the pathfinder is a good vehicle. I would say the reliability is close to the 4Runner.

If I can afford it the 4Runner would be my first choice. If I can't afford a 4Runner probably a Santa Fe, if I can find one (they are becoming very popular)
  • dbabbledbabble Member Posts: 13
    It is possible to improve the ride and handling to some degree with better shocks. Just like tires, OEM shocks may not be as good as what you can get for replacement. And yes, the 4Runner is bouncy over the small bumps. On the other hand, it's smooth over bumps that would've ripped the undercarriage right off my old Honda Civic. That's why you've got 11 inches of clearance, and a suspension with several inches of travel, so you can hit them big rocks.

However, as jq3 pointed out, it's still a truck. I would point out that Toyota has listened to the surveys, and that's why their two newest 4wd offerings are both car-based SUVs; the Sequoia and the Highlander. They will likely keep the 4Runner much the way it is, because there still is a market for a legitimate off-road vehicle, as opposed to a "big car" with 4wd.
    I have heard a few members mention the TRD
    super-charger. I know the performance specs, but what kinda mileage would you get? Can Toyota also mod the suspension to handle all the power? Also heard about people installing K&N air filters and mod chips for the computer. On one board someone said they get their 4runner from 0-60 in 6.5 secs with just the filter and mod chip. WOW!! If that's true, that's gotta put some extra wear on the engine, right? Personally, I'm not looking to do 120MPH in a 3700 lb. truck, and my 4runner has plenty power for its purposes, but some extra pop would be nice. Any info/prices/websites would be appreciated.
  • dbabbledbabble Member Posts: 13
    There was a guy (unfortunately, his website is gone) who did just about every modification to his 4Runner that you can think of (supercharger, fuel system, air intake, ignition system, etc.). In fact, he went through several rounds, trying different things. He kept pretty good records of what he'd done, and he'd put his rig on a dynamometer to measure performance. What I found from his website, and others, is that the supercharger will do more than any other single modification. Most people claimed the hit on mileage was on the order of 1 mpg - not too bad. The bigger hit is that you have to go to premium fuel. I wouldn't modify the suspension. If you want something that corners better, buy a car.

The improvement from a K&N filter depends, in part, on how bad the original filter works. Most people say that the difference is marginal. Basically, it's probably worth doing when it's time to service your filter, not before.

Those high performance chips you see advertised typically void your warranty. Cliffy1 can probably answer that one. If you change the operational regime of the engine without upgrading valve springs, cams, etc., then you could very well be shortening the life of the engine by installing one of those things.

It's tough to drastically improve the performance of an engine without extensive modification. A new oil filter or performance chip are quick and easy, but they may either not do much, or do harm.
  • abatteabatte Member Posts: 5
    I just bought a 97 Limited and I love it, except for the annoying whistling noise the mirrors make in the wind. I've driven a 2001 4Runner and did not experience this. Is this a common problem on the 97's? Is there a fix?
  • stankiusstankius Member Posts: 17
    I noticed a noise, right after I pulled out from the dealership, coming from under the passenger side dash board, right around where the air vent is. Its sort of a ticking sound, like a fan rubbing against something, but it only occurs when the car is in drive or reverse, regardless of whether the fan is on or off. It goes away once I begin to move. It's not terribly loud, but its loud enough to annoy me even when the radio is on. Any one have a similar situation onthere 2001?

Regards,

Joe
    I found a few more "quirks" for my 4runner.
    I have the limited...the climate control is supposed to switch to recirculation when the outside temperature is higher than the desired temperature. It sounds good on paper...but in reality it's not as good as it sounds, as the inside temperature is usually HIGHER than the outside temperature...especially after parking in the sun. Another quirk I have is with the sport seats...when I place small items on the seat, they tend to slide off the chair so that they are on the floor between the chair and the door. Also, does anyone know why the sunroof stops in the middle when closing it? It's not as if the close function is automatic and will close on someone's hand (or anything else). Also with the sunroof...does anyone have any ideas to make the "deflector" only open halfway, because at halfway up, the deflector is much quieter and there's still none of the thumping air effect.
  • bravocharlie1bravocharlie1 Member Posts: 14
    Is there any way to turn off the daytime running lights from being on all the time?? Perhaps even a switch to install that would control off/on at my choice?? My vehicle is a 2000 4Runner SR5. Thanks!
  • dhumdhum Member Posts: 5
    I have a 3 months old 2001 4Runner. The other day
    I turned on the A/C for the first time. The outside temperature was around 85F. There was a constant noise from the A/C that sounded like a chain. It was like the noise of road construction from far away. The noise is not loud but enough to hear it. Also, I turned the A/C off then on again and there were smoke like mist blowing through the vents for about 10 seconds and then disappeared. Is the noise and smoke normal on the 4Runner A/C? Thanks.
    I also find that the auto climate control annoying because I like to have fresh air coming in all the time(if you can find any in NYC).Everytime I restart the truck ,it automatically resets to recurculate so I'm always hitting that button.The sunroof only opens with a single tap,but to close it you have to continuously apply the button in fact twice to close it,just in case children are playing around with it (or drunk passengers) and so they don't get their necks caught.I think Toyota got cheap and didn't add an additional relay so you can close the rear window by remote control also(even though my salesman swore it's for safety issues).

Jf01 try cracking open your rear window a bit.That thumping effect seems to go away since the air rushing in from the sunroof has an outlet to leave the vehicle.It worked for me.

Dhum that mist you see from the a/c is normal.I read somewhere is due to the temperature or atmospheric pressure change this will occur especially on humid days after you've shut off and restarted the ac compressor.

Abatte..my 2001 gets aot of wind noise off the mirrors above 55 mph.

Hey does anyone know what the wiring grid is for on the passengerside cargo window?I thought it was a heating element but mine doesn't heat up.Maybe the antenna for the remote?
  • dfordangerdfordanger Member Posts: 2
    Good Day,

I'm strongly considering purchasing a new 01' 4Runner Limited/4WD. I'm comparing it to other similary equiped/priced SUV's. This is truly a buyer's market and I want to take advantage of it.
    Anway, I'm seeking the advice of any 4Runner owners of model years '97 - '01. I need to ask a few questions and any input would be very much appreciated.

Here Goes :

1.) What is the length of the cargo floor with the second seats folded ? Is is greater than 6' ?
    What is it exactly (if anyone knows?). This is important to me as my girlfriend and I love to camp in the desert and would prefer an inflatable mattress in a 4Runner as compared to sleeping out with the scorpions. Also, like to haul things around. I think the Toyota spec is 79 inches. Is that Correct ?

2.)I'm tall, 6'5". How is the interior (with sunroof) ? Is it a good vehicle for long road trips ? Front Seats Comfy for long haul ? I've only sat in the rear seat of a 4Runner and I was comfortable. Share your feelings about the interior ?

3.) How about that engine (183 hp)? It's not a brute but is it sufficient ? How about observed MPG ? Please share your thoughts here if possible.

4.) Has it been a positive experience overall ? Would you do it again ?

5.) Anyone own a '01 with the fancy new all-wheel drive, anti-skid control device. This impresses me (at least on paper). Is there still a diff lock ? Anyone own a '01 limited/4wd ?

These are some of my questions. Any input on one or more of the above topics would be much appreciated. I understand that it is not the biggest, or most powerful of the newer SUV's but it is a "Toyota". And that counts for something I think. I'm going to buy something soon, and the prices on the 4Runners are better than they have ever been. I'm seriously considering purchasing one. I heard that there will be a new 4Runner in late '02. This current truck '01 4Runner seems like a great value.

Share your thoughts

Thank You
    I really wish there was a auto close function on the sunroof and a close button on the remote, but I never asked about them. Safety issue huh? Hmm...
    Regarding rear window and sunroof...I'm glad the 4Runner has a powered rear window because I usually drive around with all the windows open, if I have the sunroof open, I usually open the back window all the way too, but it's still noisy when going above 35-40 mph. Anyone know a good window height to open the back window, is opening it a bit a good idea or is it better (noise wise) to open it more? Seems like the more open, the better. I once had my front passenger hold down the sunroof "deflector" that pops up when the sunroof slides back to prevent some of the wind noise.
    I don't think the 4Runner cargo space, with seats down is 6 feet. I think it's just slightly under, I think I measured it, don't remember exactly how long it is, but it's 5 feet and something inches. I once had to carry a 6 foot table, and could have had it sticking out the back window (useful feature again) or leaning against the front headrests. I chose the former. That Toyota spec of 79 inches might be from the back of the cargo space to somewhere near the windshield.
    Engine power is adequate for most things, which I think you'll hear most often. When carrying 4 passengers, some cargo, or accelerating up some grades, power (acceleration mostly) seems lacking (would love to get a supercharger). Fuel mileage is not horrible, but there's room for improvement.
    I think with a sunroof, headroom is also a little on the low side. I'm only 5'9" (I can't lay down straight in the cargo area with the seats down) and find the roof a little close.
    I'm not sure, but I think the locking center differential went the way of the 5 speed manual for 2001. Maybe not though.
    Does anyone know what that knob on the top of the dashboard does, the one thats near the windshield defogger vent.
    Hey jf01 forgot to mention do you have the dealer installed sunroof air deflector installed?(Deflectashield smoke tinted one)

dfordanger

1)just took a measurement rear area from closed tailgate to bottom of folded up rear seat is 5'7".
    2)sorry can't help you on headroom I'm only 5'7" tall.I think the seats could use a little more cushioning and thigh support,but remember your much taller than me so you have to be the judge of that.I just took a 3 1/2 hour ride one way and have no major aches.Fit finish and materials are tops.Passengers say rear seating is very comfy,good seatback angle.

3)Hp is sufficient.My 2001 Limited w/ 5500 miles is getting about 12 to 15 city and 23 highway.Remember it doesn't require premium fuel like some others.

4)I think you'll find most owners happy with their Toyota truck.I have an affinity towards Toyotas.Compared to my 86 Blazer,wires and hoses aren't strewn all over the engine compartment,fairly easy to change oil,quiet motor,ride is very good for a truck.Every one builds a truck but your paying for the little things, like being able to close the windows after you shut off the engine,and there's that cool back window.It's a great feeling to open the moonroof and all five windows on a sunny day.The 6 CD changer is a must,no more loading a magazine for me.

5).We had a few inches of snow this past winter and went to a parking lot to purposely skid out of control.Could not do it.VSC and antilock kept me in the direction my wheels were turned,and applied the brakes when I tried to peel out from a stop.I know serious off roaders can turn off the VSC in case they're stuck in a ditch.

Hope this helps your decision
    jf01 it's probably best to have the rear window all the way down because I've noticed sometimes with the rear window half opened going over a bump it tends to shake a little
  • leomortleomort Member Posts: 453
    did someone say 23 mpg for a 4Runner? wow!, that's pretty good!

Leo
    I don't have an accessory wind deflector. All the opinions I've read say that the wind deflector barely makes any difference in noise reduction. Does anyone who has a wind deflector agree?

Hiluxsurf, I'm assuming you have the Rancho 9000's. I saw them in a performance parts catalog. Have you had any problems with them, or know of any with them? How easy is it to adjust the shocks to different settings? I also saw an electronic adjuster that allows for adjustment from inside the cabin, even while driving. Do you have this, or know how well it works? With 4 Rancho 9000 shocks and the electronic adjuster, the total comes to about $430 from performance products. Also, when set to a softer setting, do the shocks allow for much body roll? Are they MUCH softer at the lower settings? Does the 4Runner still feel stable at low settings? What about a 5? Does it feel "sporty"? Sorry about the multitude of questions. Thanks.
    Can you give me a quick rundown on how you did the switch,,or is there some site etc. that might cover it. I found the TSB on tacomaterritory.com but nothing about adding a switch and that would sure be nice! Thanks!!
  • abatteabatte Member Posts: 5
    What are the largest tires that fit comfortably, without excessive rub, on a 97 4Runner w/16" wheels? I know the stock 265's translate to about a 32x10.5, has anyone tried 33" tires w/o a lift?
  • hiluxsurfhiluxsurf Member Posts: 34
    The switch is not a part of the TSB. The TSB only shows you how and which wire to cut. Anyways, all I did is after I cut the specified wire, (instead of just taping it with electrical tape and leaving it disabled) I installed a switch so I could re-activate it when its rainy/snow season. I bought a small 3amp toggle switch and installed it using the screw which holds the lowest part of the dashboard panel above the acclerator pedal(left of the stereo).

Once you started the engine, with the switch in open(off/no power) position, you can not turn the DRL back on with just closing the switch. You have to close(turn on) the switch while the engine is not running if you want to re-activate it.

Mike
    Mike
  • dudkadudka Member Posts: 451
    i was at toyota yesterday and we were originally looking to get a rav4, but the price seemed a little too steep. and the dealer mentioned that for the price of rav4 we can get a 4runner. i showed some interest, and long behold, i got a phone call from him today, that he can get us a 4runner sr5 4WD for $24,400. it is almost $6000 undeer the msrp, and $1000 under invoice. any thoughts would be appreciated
    Hiluxsurf, I'm assuming you have the Rancho 9000's. I saw them in a performance parts catalog. Have you had any problems with them, or know of any with them? How easy is it to adjust the shocks to different settings? I also saw an electronic adjuster that allows for adjustment from inside the cabin, even while driving. Do you have this, or know how well it works? With 4 Rancho 9000 shocks and the electronic adjuster, the total comes to about $430 from performance products. Also, when set to a softer setting, do the shocks allow for much body roll? Are they MUCH softer at the lower settings? Does the 4Runner still feel stable at low settings? What about a 5? Does it feel "sporty"? Sorry about the multitude of questions. Thanks.
    Not having a manual for my 4Runner (yet), where is the box located that the wire needs to disconnect from? I have the TSB but it doesn't give the location for the control box.
  • pkirstenpkirsten Member Posts: 1
    somebody out there please tell me that this is not the last year for the 4runner in its current body style. my local dealer tells me it is not,but I am skeptical. cliffy1- I know you have the info.