Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Santa Fe at 50,000 Miles!

roudy1roudy1 Member Posts: 36
edited April 2014 in Hyundai
Thought I would start a thread to show that there are Santa Fe drivers who are very happy with their selection of automobile. I've had my SF since Jan '07 and hit 50K this weekend. The only problems I've had were minor and were rapidly repaired by the dealer. Still have the original tires although I am looking for replacements before the snow starts falling. Worst mpg for a tank of gas has been 18.74; the best has been 27.17. Total mpg for all 50,000 miles is 22.36.

Comments

• lucky15lucky15 Member Posts: 72
    As the saying goes ( Something is wrong in Denmark), you say you have 50,000 miles on your original equipment tires, hmmm, my wife`s 2007 GLS has the 16 inch wheels and I keep the tire pressure at 33 in the front and 30 in the rear and she has almost 10,000 miles on it and they are half worn out already and she does not hot rod, she will be lucky to get 20,000 miles out of them, they are Bridgestone Duellers.
  • roudy1roudy1 Member Posts: 36
    I have the Bridgestone Duellers also, although they are 18 inch. I've kept 30 psi front and rear and rotated them every 6000 miles.
  • fred63fred63 Member Posts: 23
    I have over 20,000 miles on my 2007 Santa Fe SE and the tires look like new. I have the 18 inch. I had them rotated every 6000 miles.
  • lucky15lucky15 Member Posts: 72
    I forgot to mention, I do have them rotated at 7500 miles instead of 6000, something is still very much wrong with this picture.
  • bnberniebnbernie Member Posts: 20
    My Santa Fe has 18" wheels too, with 18,000 miles, and the tires look like new.
    They are duelers. I have had duelers before, and don't like them. They make way too much road noise for me.
  • rick2456rick2456 Member Posts: 320
    I have 25,000 miles on my 2007 SE AWD and the tires still look good. I rotated at 15k and plan to replace at 30k or so. No problems other than the front end being out of alignment when I purchased the vehicle in feb of 2007.
  • oceang2oceang2 Member Posts: 40
    I have 48,500 miles on my original set of Duelers. Mostly all highway driving in Florida. I rotate f and back almost every oil change as they do it for no add'l charge. I've been very pleased to get what I've gotten. They rode nice in the beginning but the road noise became a little louder as the miles increased and I'd like to change to another brand. From what I've been reading, Kumho's have been mentioned and are supposed to be a good brand for the SF. (although I've never heard of them). Its all highway, so thats probably why I got this much mileage on the Bridgestones.
This discussion has been closed.