Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-9 TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins)

cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
edited April 2014 in Mazda
I open this list so that we can share info of the TSBs associated with Mazda CX-9s.

2007:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/tsb/tsb.php/m-MAZDA/y-2007/d-CX-9
2008:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/tsb/tsb.php/m-MAZDA/y-2008/d-CX-9

There is no full text on that site, but your dealer can get the info from their computers anyway.
If you have more info on certain TSB, you are welcome to chime in and post it for all to know. :)

Comments

• cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
    REUCTION IN POWER WHEN CLIMBING A STEEP HILL
    Bulletin No. 05-008/08
    Issued: 05/23/2008
    Applicable:
    2007-2008 CX9 with VINs lower than JM3 TB**** ** 159178 (produced before May 1, 2008)

Description:
    Some customer may complain that the vehicle power is reduced suddenly when climbing a steep hill. After a couple of minutes of idling, the symptom disappears. No DTC is stored.
    The TCM limits the torque at lower load than required to protect the ATX causing the reduction in power. As a mass-production change the TCM programming has been modified and DTC P1783 has been established for the torque limitation at high ATF temperature.
    Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure.
    Repair Procedure:
    There are 3 TSBs on brakes. Two applicable to 2008.
    If you have such symptoms on your brakes, please get them fixed within 12months and 12K miles whichever comes first. So it says on the TSBs. I think I have the front brake noise issue on the 1st few braking (after parking for a while). Mine has 10,800 miles on the odometer. I need to get it looked at before 12,000miles.
  • howardruhowardru Member Posts: 155
    I feel vindicated. Mazda actually fessed-up and admitted there is a defective paint being used. A TSB was submitted.

Complain to the dealer about the paint peeling and get free new pieces with a re-designed paint!

http://www.finishlineperformance.com/pdf/cx-9/bulletin/09-033-08-1993.pdf
    Great job!
    Mine is within the range. No wonder there are a couple of scatches already.
    Thanks,
  • badselfbadself Member Posts: 39
    My dealer wouldn't even replace the one piece that showed damage early on.

Now I'll go back and hammer the SOB service manager for the whole set, as though it was his friggin money to start.
    I brought my CX-9 to dealer to have them fix three TSBs
    Being a great dealer so far, they gave me a Mazda3 loaner for 2 days, and called me to confirm that they will fix all three TSBs.

- interior painted door pieces:
    > adviser agreed that he can also scratch the paint off with finger nail. The whole set (x4) will be replaced. I do have a couple scratches on them before I went in.
    - Power-loss going up hill
    > Being honest, I told him that this problem has not happened to me yet, but I will be going up Sierra in a few weeks. I would really hate this happen to me then. He promised to take care of software flush for me
    - Front Brake Squeaks
    > I was afraid that he would not be able to duplicate it (I actually detected this at initial braking when the brake is cold). Apparently he did. They will replace the rotors and new pads (front) (why rotor? I am not sue). My mileage is 11,500 (before 12K limit for brake warranty).

Just FYI. Don't be shy in getting those issue fixed. I could have waited for the next oil service to have them done, but my mileage was approaching 12K. It is better to fix them before that.
  • gahogsgahogs Member Posts: 15
    Thanks for starting this thread. Nice reference.
    I received a letter of recall from Mazda on the wiring harness of the power seat. Apparently, the operation of the power seat could potentially damage the harness and cause a short-circuit, which could move own its own while driving. The fix is very simple. This applies to all CX-9 with power seat produced BEFORE Jan, 2009.
    from woodredwood:

Here's the definitive answer. I just bought a brand new 2008 CX 9 (March of 2009) that had the same vibration issues. I brought it to The Mazda Gallery in Norwood, MA and they hadn't heard of the problem but would investigate. 5 minutes later they came up with TSB 01-0039/08. On vehicles built after Feb 21, 2008, "The no 2 dynamic chamber stay bracket was deleted....The absence of the No 2 stay can cause pedal vibration."

The bracket was ordered overnight and it took one hour to install. Vibration is gone! Car drives great.
This discussion has been closed.