Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Venza Prices Paid

Comments

• singerdudesingerdude Member Posts: 1
    Is there any reason for me NOT to buy this car? Any risks, etc.? I've not considered Silver, but for this price I must consider it!!
  • danielacostadanielacosta Member Posts: 132
    Looks like everyone is buying at invoice. Just did the same on one of the few 4-cyl awds in the Phoenix area.
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Member Posts: 30
    Yes its a buyers market Dealers have been hurting for business. I paid $35100 Out the door for Pack 2, Nav, Moon roof, Splash Gaurds, Tow prep Package, Mats front and back ,Toyo gaurd plus, V6 FWD,Tint,
  • mikes10663mikes10663 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the Bluetooth lead. I hadn't checked the site since before I bought my Venza. After I got the car I tried following the instructions in the manual and had no luck. But you got me to the right place. My iPhone is connected and I'm all set.
  • md_outbackmd_outback Member Posts: 185
    What were fitzmall and carmax's reasons for price changes? Were they offering alternate cars with different equipment or did they change their original quotes? I have recommended these dealers to others but I'll stop doing that if they are playing "dealer games." Thanks.
  • jimmy2xjimmy2x Member Posts: 124
    I can't speak to Carmax, but have dealt with Fitzmall. Bought new 4Runner last year - most business over the phone and e-mail. Absolutely no surprises, although I did have to listen to the BS upsells from the F&I girl, even though it was a cash deal. Overall a far better buying experience than most.
  • lal_cltlal_clt Member Posts: 29
    I don't know if it was the agents I encountered on the phone or if my experience was typical of both dealerships. I sent very clear specs to Fitzmall and they gave me a great price. I even double-checked with the agent because that person had given me incorrect information about the cost when ordering vs buying from inventory, and also about getting Michelin tires put on. So I was cautious. I even called the sales manager to verify the price. Two days later when it was time to cut the purchase order, suddenly the price was $1000 higher because the agent had supposedly used the wrong options. At that point I lost faith that they had competent people and I worried that after driving/flying 400 miles, something else would go wrong when it came time to pick up the car. In fact, the day before I had read a post from someone who had traveled to Fitzmall and had major problems with the paperwork when trying to get their license back home.

I contacted Carmax about the same time as Fitzmall and the agent faxed me a sticker for a car they had in stock to show me their prices versus invoice. Interestingly, the price he had on the fax was $300 higher than what was shown on the website. When I pointed this out I got some doubletalk but could not get a clear answer as to the discrepancy. Nevertheless I sent my specs to Carmax and the price I got back was only $28 lower than the car in the fax, but MY sticker was $700 lower than the faxed car. When I brought this up to the agent I got more doubletalk but no clear answer. At that point I gave up and said that I would stay in Charlotte and pay a little more but sleep better. I wish I could send you the emails from both those places - it was almost laughable. I could have saved money by going out of town - Fitzmall WAS $900 lower than Charlotte and Carmax was $500 lower, but that includes the SET doc fees of $599 vs. $99 for NET. Like I said at the beginning, maybe I just got agents who weren't used to pricing an order. I'd be curious to hear of other forum users experiences.
  • linnettlinnett Member Posts: 19
    :confuse: Hello all! I've been researching the Venza online for months and now have one overnight for a test drive. Discussed price today. I'm left less than secure that I did well.

V6 Front Wheel Drive, Tropical Sea Metallic

Navigation System
    Comfort, Convenience and Secuity Packages

I countered his offer saying I wanted $500 over their invoice and handed him a copy of the pricing certificate from another dealer that read:

"MSRP $31,915
    You save $1,672 off MSRP
    Invoice $29,743
    USAA Price Adjustment $500 above invoice

USAA Member Price $30,243

Color Exterior: Tropical Sea Metallic
    Interior: Light Gray

Options ·COMFORT PKG (LS)
    ·CONVENIENCE PKG (CQ)
    ·JBL SYNTHESIS SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM (EJ)
    ·LEATHER PKG (LA)
    ·NAVIGATION SYSTEM (NV)
    ·SECURITY PKG (SA) "

He returned with his Sales manager and said Congratulations! Then we sat down and he wrote down a Sales price of $32,343.

I'm feeling a little Alice in Wonderland here. I know I'm not a math whiz but instead of $30,243 he gives me $32,343 and I'm supposed to be excited? Am I missing something?

I'm looking forward to the back up camera in the large NAV screen instead of the tiny info screen above it.

Puzzeled in Mississippi
    My Mississippi Dealer's MSRP was $34,999. :blush:
    The last thing I read is that with more reliable cars now, extended warranties are less essential.
    Hi linnett,
    First off, it looks like your pricing is for two different cars: one with MSRP of $31,915 while the other dealer is offering a Venza with MSRP of $34,999. So there is $3K difference right there. That USAA price cannot be for a V6 Venza with Nav. Comfort, Convenience & Security Packages - the $34,999 is much more realistic. Having said that, you should go to edmunds.com and run the numbers for yourself. You will find that a Venza with an MSRP of $35K has an invoice of around $31K. So your target price of $500 over invoice should be $31,500. Also, be careful with dealer no. 2: Leather is part of the Comfort Package and the JBL Sound System is part of the Navigation package, so be careful that they aren't telling you there are more options on the car then there really are - though the $35K MSRP looks to be accurate. So print out your results from edmunds.com and go back to the dealer and see if you can get another $800 off his price. Or, just go online and request email quotes from several Toyota dealers - both local and some that are a few hours drive (maybe in larger cities). Go with the best deal or have your nearest dealer match the best offer. And skip the extended warranties (unless you plan to abuse the car) and special paint treatments and all that other junk they'll try to sell you - just say NO. Good luck.
    Thank you! I was up until five stewing about this and the fact that the ride is not as cushioned or "soft" in the test drive vehicle as I had hoped. We have a Railroad track through my little city and it's unavoidable, but still seriously bumpy in the Venza. Older coastal city and older infrastructure.

I read one opinion where a person found the "ride" of his test drive vehicle and the one he ordered to be very different.
  • xualumxualum Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for all the posts here on Edmunds, it has been a tremendous help. We purchased a Black 6 cyl. FWD Venza with the following:
    leather package; convenience package; JBL sound system (comes w/bluetooth); tow prep package; panoramic roof; all mats -- did not have the Toyoguard - as many of them already come with it here in the Southeast (We live in Metro Atlanta)
    Price:$32,400 out the door.

A few things that we've learned: You may have specific extras in mind - but be prepared to expect that they're usually loaded with more features than what you may want, or are really stripped down -- at least that's what we're seeing right now. Didn't necessarily want/need JBL sound nor the tow prep package - but this model had the leather, convenience package and pano roof we were wanting, I'm sure that Toyota planned on this, but sometimes it felt overwhelming with all the options. Perhaps because we've driven Hondas in the past (Odyssey/Accord - both 9 years old!) and while there are always "extras" to be had - it seemed more cut and dry with the trim levels, etc. But, I enjoyed doing the research, and with these Edmunds Forums being so helpful, we felt that this was a decent deal. Thanks again for all your valuable tips and advice!

We pick up our Venza on Wednesday -- I cannot wait!

One little question to pose ---- do you think the Venza looks like a station wagon? I do not think so - but my son does, as do a few others. I was just wondering.
    I think the Venza is a handsome Camry wagon myself. How was your test drive as far as comfort????

I have a V6 now for a (longer than average) test drive. I live in an older coastal community with old infrastructure. Some roads are smooth as glass, others have bumpy seams every eight feet and the railroad tracks are always bumpy. I had expected to feel more cushioned from all of that than I have. Edmunds discussion of the "ride" was encouraging but I'm fairly bummed. I'm really enthusiastic about everything else about the Venza. Could I have a test drive vehicle that provides a rougher ride than another Venza will? Are :confuse: the roads in my community just too bumpy to bear?
  • qs933qs933 Member Posts: 302
    One little question to pose ---- do you think the Venza looks like a station wagon?

From certain angles, it looks like a station wagon to me. Other angles look almost sedan-like, while yet others look like an SUV. It's an enigma that has puzzled many in my office parking lot.

So far, the people I work with have said my Venza reminds them of the:
    - Lexus RX
    - Dodge Magnum
    - Audi Q7 and Q5
    - Camry

At first I really did not like the fact that the Venza really leans towards "station wagon." However, I've come to realize (and maybe notice more) that there are a lot of premium mid-size station wagons on the road. Nice ones. Audi A4s, BMW 3 and 5-series, Saab 9-3, Volvo V-series, etc. The Venza may not be as fancy (or expensive) as those European models, but it certainly holds its own in the "station wagon" category.

Regarding options, I still prefer Toyota's approach to Honda's. With Honda, it's all-or-nothing within the trim-lines. Want larger wheels, Bluetooth or a rear-view camera? You have to get the EX-L or Touring model.

Toyota's approach is more complicated and frustrating at times, but at least you're not always forced into a higher trim level just to get a certain option.

Congratulations on your Venza!
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    I think the Venza is a "cool-looking" station wagon!!! :shades:
  • pacpark4pacpark4 Member Posts: 3
    My 2009 Venza V6 Automatic FWD had a MSRP of $35,404 including:

Comfort Package
    DVD Navigation Package
    Security Package
    Panoramic Glass Power Moonroof
    Tow Prep Package
    Floor Mats & Cargo Mat
    Rear Bumper Protector

Color: Magnetic Gray with Gray Leather.

I paid $32,454 + tax & license.

I thought it was a pretty good deal given the dealership only had two Venza's in stock and only 5 in the entire city.

I recommend installing the 3M Protection Package that covers the entire front end from rock chips. My experience in my area, (Northwest), rock chips are common and this film is fantastic from preventing chips on the front painted areas.

Love the car and it definitely turns heads and is a conversation piece!

Looking forward to years of trouble free driving.
  • david_k1david_k1 Member Posts: 39
    In the works soon...
    A RED with grey leather, FWD V6, Premium #2, Pano Roof, JBL Audio, Mats and Bumper protector for $32,400.
    From a very nice Kitsap County, WA dealer.
    Now the wait!!
    THIS will be the tough part...

Looking for a tubular dog/pet barrier for the rear end - Any leads???

Best...
  • atlantabennyatlantabenny Member Posts: 735
    Will appreciate anyone who has purchased a 4-cyl variant to post his/her final price before TTL and location of purchase. Thanks, Benny
  • soonercatsoonercat Member Posts: 48
    Google fitzmall--

Here are some no haggle prices that will make you hate your local dealer.
    Terrific tip. I might not make a trip to Maryland for my Venza but I can reference their price to negotiate in Atlanta. Much appreciated...
  • gluckgluck Member Posts: 23
    I test drove the 4cyl. and to my surprise it driver pretty good. The car is heavy but the new 4 cyl. engine does a decent job. I drove the base model which had no bells and whistles. The thing that bugged me was the noise. The engine was pretty loud. I was expecting a sluggish ride but it wasn't the car. I hear the V6 is smoother.
    Anyway the dealers are keeping the inventory low and the ones out there aren't coming with many options. The dealer was ready to give me $100 over invoice right away. The MSRP was $27K and he said the invoice was $25K so it was like 10% off MSRP right away. I think I can do better. I am holding out for a one with smart key push button start.
    Has anyone had any better exp. with the ride or price?
  • free2runfree2run Member Posts: 6
    I just left the Toyota dealership in Westport, CT and was very interested in a 2009 AWD 6 cylinder Venza with leather seats and a rear camera. The dealer stuck to the sticker price like he was attached to it with crazy glue! I'm not a ditzy blonde, so I know there must be a way to get the dealership to give me a better price. PLEASE help!

...and thanks for your help!
  • prasadperiprasadperi Member Posts: 40
    Glad that you left the dealership without buying at MSRP. I got the same car in Maryland for 33,489 plus TTL. Take a look at Fitzmall.com and compare the prices what you should be paying (in the ballpark).

Good luck.

PSP :)
    Try this, Contact 3 or 4 dealers by email or phone tell them what you want and ask for there best price and tell them your checking with other dealers and who ever gives you the best price thats where you will buy it. Start the bidding war!!!
    Thats what I did and got evrything I wanted then some. My local dealer wanted to charge me $35000 before ttl with only package 1 v6FWD, Tow prep, mudgaurds,
    I bought for $33508 package 2, Nav, Panoramic roof, mudgaurds, mats,tow prep, tint, toyo gaurd plus, with tax and fees paid $35187
    MSRP was $38112 Bought mine in Alabama
    Goodluck
  • jvajnkyjvajnky Member Posts: 2
    excellent price...can't get the dealers in seattle rocked off of 35+ for the same options.....which dealer did you use in kitsap
  • jvajnkyjvajnky Member Posts: 2
    oops.....wanted awd......misread....sorry
    Hey jvajnky-
    Heartland Toyota in Bremerton is where I ordered our Venza.
    Nice folks overall. If I remember correctly, the "price" of AWD over FWD was $1450 at the MSRP differential. I got my FWD with options I listed in an earlier post for $32,400 - the same trim in AWD should invoice out around $33,800 or less (I am adding MSRP AWD #s to invoice #s - adjust accordingly!)

I was almost ready to FLY to Maryland and DRIVE back after looking at the internet pricing from Fitzmall... I used this as a bargaining chip at Heartland...
    Best of luck to you.
    Say - anyone have experience in special ordering AND receiving a Venza?? I'm wondering just how long a wait is acceptable. I feel like I'm getting a wee bit of a run-around from my dealer as to the ETA of our Venza and am wondering what others are experiencing.
    Thanks
    I just bought the 6 cyl Venza, leather seats, awd, moonroof, back-up camera for $31,900. I think I got a great deal! If I want a choice of color other than silver, I have to pay an extra $500. What do you think?
  • prasadperiprasadperi Member Posts: 40
    Sounds like a great deal. Congrats.

PSP
    Thanks, I thought so too! :)
    Where do you live David? I ordered mine Feb 20 got it march 5th.
    V6 FWD,Pack2,Nav,Sunroof,Tow prep pack,Mudgaurds,mats,Toyo gaurd plus, extra tint on windows. It seems everyone is having to wait longer than I did. Maybe thats because more are having to be ordered. I called the Customer servive center in Deerfield Beach fl and they tracked my venza from start to finish and they even called me to let me know the truck was on its way to the dealer. Now thats customer service. If you dont live in the south then you may have to call the CS in your region.I found the phone number on line. I can give it to you if you like??
    Deepsouth, thanks for your message.

I am in the GREAT Pacific NW (near Seattle), we MIGHT hit 70 today!!
    As per your suggestion, I called the National Toyota Service folks and found out the a July delivery is not out of line... Dealers are allocated just so many cars AND production has been slowed because of the economy. My order has to fit in the dealers allocation and they are a rather smallish dealership
    Did they Build your Venza for you or did they find one in the area?? BTW , what you have is the same as I have ordered except I opted for NO Nav...
    A suppose we will wait, not patiently though!! I'll keep our old volvo running for a couple more months!!
    Looking forward to seeing your photos WITH the mudguards tomorrow!!
  • deanesfielddeanesfield Member Posts: 4
    David - I ordered a Venza V6/AWD Touring with Nav (canadian option) similar to deepsouth on Feb 6, and my salesman in Vancouver BC tells me that it was built on April 7th with delivery approx 4 weeks. They gotta get it into Canada I guess. That is about 3 months. He also says except for a couple of base options that all his allocation of Venzas being delivered for the next three weeks are sold.
    You may not be aware that all Canadian Venzas are already equipped with extras such as mud flaps, bumper protector, Michelin all seasons, and tow package (not hitch). You may care to check out the toyota.ca website for the electronic brochure which has pictures and comparative specs, including views of Venzas with the mud flaps etc.
    Cheers - Michael
    Thanks Michael -
    I looked at the Canadian site at your suggestion - Looks like about 1/2 of the photos have the mudflaps on them. I found them via a Texan Toyota parts dealer. Here is the link for anybody looking: http://www.trdparts4u.com/MC-DDHB-DA.aspx

It looks as though my wait time is not too unreasonable after talking to Toyota USA and hearing how the system works re: dealer allocations and such. We are just growing a little impatient here!! Enjoy your new Venza and thanks for the information.

David
  • deanesfielddeanesfield Member Posts: 4
    Your are fortunate in that the US dealerships show there new inventory online so if you wanted your ride in a hurry, you could scan the dealers across your nearest states and likely find what you could live with. I haven't found a Toyota dealer in Canada that shows any new cars online.
    My ride is on the way so I can be just a little more patient.
    Cheers. Michael
    Hi David Yes I had the dealer order one for me with everything I wanted including the color Golden Umber Mica, I was in seattle about 2 years ago for a few days and loved it there. Im In L.A. ( Lower Alabama ) . Big City of Phenix City Al.Next to Ft Benning Ga. Home of the largest Army base,
  • halwickhalwick Member Posts: 45
    Atlantabenny,
    I live in Los Angeles, California and bought a 4-cylinder Venza before the the sales tax and DMV increased. The 4-cylinder Venzas at that time were in short supply (having just came out) and equipped as standard, except for the additional carpet package option. I bought the Venza through a auto broker at my credit union and paid $25,600 before TTL. Note this was a no-haggle price. Autoclub, Costco and Longo Toyota (largest So Cal Toyota dealership) fleet sales/internet sales quoted approxmately the same prices, so I felt it was a fair and reasonable price, given the newness of the vehicle and short supply of that particular model. By September, there should be more supply and prices lower. Good luck.

Halwick
    Appreciate the info, Halwick. Yes, it appears that short supply is keeping prices steady at intro levels. A major Toyota dealer here in Atlanta has but one or two 4-cyl units available.

Digressing from the price aspect, the Venza's "optimized car" (Toyota's term) trend seems to be gaining. After Honda, BMW released what looks like its own interpretation of the "optimized car." http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/autoshows/geneva/2009/bmw5seriesgtliftbackprev- - - - iewnews.html#bmw5seriesgt2

The idea makes a lot of sense - low center of gravity for stability, high sitting position for visibility, abundant passenger and cargo room, and the style power of a sedan. With a little less curb weight and hybrid-level fuel economy, I'd keep a car with those attributes for a long time. For now, the Venza is the best candidate. Thanks for the price feedback again.
  • venzayarisvenzayaris Member Posts: 6
    Those bmw photos make the Pontiac Aztec look years ahead of its time :D

And the Aztec had better rims too...
  • sns1sns1 Member Posts: 4
    I went to the dealership March 16 (in Missouri), it took two tries (3 weeks) to get the order/request through. My Venza is scheduled to be built the week of May 4 and it will be 2-3 weeks later before it arrives at the dealership...oh the torture to wait so long (but it will be worth getting exactly what I wanted).
    Hope that helps, Good luck! :)
  • cadd1122cadd1122 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought the 09 Venza in Aloe Green w/ Navi, Sun/Moon roofs, Bluetooth, Leather and more. MSRP $37.7K and I paid $32.8K. Beautiful. I couldn't be happier. I drove from Houston to San Antonio for this deal and Red McCombs Toyota was impeccable and professional. Anyone in Texas who can make the drive should at least contact them - ask for Mario Addari and tell him cadd sent you! :shades: :)
  • sealbeach_lasealbeach_la Member Posts: 7
    Have struck a deal with a dealer in MD for 2009 Venza AWD/Blizzard Pearl/Ivory Interior with the following packages:
    (FE ) 50 STATE EMISSIONS
    (PC ) SPECIAL PAINT
    (LX ) PREMIUM PKG #2
    (SR ) PANORAMIC ROOF
    (NV ) NAVIGATION SYSTEM
    (CF ) CARPETED FLOOR/TRUNK MATS (PPO)

MSRP:$38467.00
    Selling Price: $33678.35 +Tax and Tags
    Out The Door: $34,846.45
    I would try and get them a little lower if they won't ask another dealer . If no luck Buy!!! Mine was $38111 and paid $33500. where do you live?
    VA. Never bothered to check with any of the VA dealers since I refuse to pay the $349 ~ $399 processing fees...
    Hey sealbeach_la,
    I think that's a great price! Which dealer in MD? Thanks.
  • zama07zama07 Member Posts: 3
    $32.1 out the door (TTL included) w/ SA, CQ, PC, LC and CF options at Champion Toyota in Houston. Not sure how much of a deal I got.
    fitzmall