Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Venza Prices Paid

Comments

• thetilerthetiler Member Posts: 3
    My wife's is a 6 cyl AWD
    I think it was 1000 over invoice
    They would not go any lower
    Muller is in Clinton NJ
    I went to Autoland they would not give any discounts off MSRP
  • svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    I am glad that I have plenty of time to get my Venza..or not....I was looking at FitZ Automall (they always ahve the best prices specially internet) and to my surprise they are asking sticker as a regular price and $400 off in internet....and they have only 4 V6 AWD nicely equipped (did not check other models)....this C4C has really had an effect on those of us that do not go with the program..good luck to those with C4C program enjoy it..but for those of us with no clunker...we have to wait, the discounts are almost non existance..at least in NJ from what I hear in other forums..good luck to all
  • mmccloskeymmccloskey Member Posts: 168
    Greetings:

I also have noticed the discounts at CarMax (they sell new Toyotas) have seriously declined since C4C. Before C4C, they had 40 or so Venza's with an average discount of 10% off msrp. Now they only have a few left (in Laurel MD) and they are only discounting about 2-3% off msrp. My vehicles are too new (2007's) and worth far more than the 3500-4500 govt. incentive so I could not take advantage of that. I hear the program is being phased out very soon and many dealers have yet to receive their $ from the govt.

M. J. McCloskey
  • proudinfidelproudinfidel Member Posts: 1
    got ours for $300 over invoice @ bell road toyota in phoenix, az. no trade-in, and no clunker -- all in all i think we did ok considering the C.A.R.S madness that was going on as we purchased.
  • mervasmervas Member Posts: 8
    Hi, I'm looking to buy a 2009 Venza FWD 4 cylinder base in NY Long Island. Best quote I got so far was from a dealer in MA (160 miles away), approx 24300 . Is it too much? I want to finance for 60 MO. Any suggestions would help..Thanks
  • lisa4labzlisa4labz Member Posts: 13
    I think that price is pretty good but I take it there are no extras included, as basic as basic can get.
  • mervasmervas Member Posts: 8
    I'm looking for a basic one as Venza has a lot of features that come standard comparing to other brands. I hope I'll find a good deal somewhere this weekend as it is the end of the month and C4C ended...
  • surrfurtomsurrfurtom Member Posts: 122
    So Henry did you buy your Venza? You have to examine discounts obtained by others and compare to your budget and desired options and car.
  • sherb2000sherb2000 Member Posts: 9
    I am the proud new owner of a 4cyl/fwd Venza w/convenience and JBL packages. Great deal in my opinion, esp. since I could NOT find this car ANYWHERE. I am a New Yorker, went up there to look and found that they aren't even offering 4cyl models with any upgrades. I was glad I went back to PA. I traded my 05 Murano (first owner) that broke down in the middle of the street last week due to factory recall issue. Got it fixed and drove it to the dealer! Now I need to go to the Nissan site to discuss why Nissan is NO Datsun. Never again. This is my second Toyota. My 12-yo Corolla is in the garage humming like a kitten. I think I am a true fan.
    I waited 6 weeks for my 4cy/fwd to come in with a moon roof, leather, and security camera that was in "A" status. I really wanted the JBL but actually the standard system isn't as bad as I thought.
    Going from a Camry XLE to this is a bit different but overall we are enjoying the change. I was Toyota builds certain lots of 4cy/6cy/FWD/AWD at certain times and thats probably why you had a hard time finding what you wanted.
  • ogc771ogc771 Member Posts: 3
    Can anyone recommend a decent dealer in NJ? I live in central NJ so I can go pretty much anywhere. I'm tired of getting the runaround on pricing. I'm trying to get a loaded V6 AWD in silver but it seems nobody has it. I don't mind ordering one from the factory...I just want a fair price for it and not be quoted 2k over invoice!!!
    Have you tried Prestige in Ramsey NJ...they seem to have a large inventory of Toyotas and in the past my daughter bought there (a year ago) and the prices were competetive...of course all is based on demand..but try them and tell me how it went. If I were you get on the Prestige site look for what you want and send an email to the head guy for internet purchases and go from there before showing up...good luck..
    I spoke to them already. They're one of the dealers that wants 2k over invoice!!! They said they have plenty but they're not willing to budge much on the price even though I'm ready to buy right now!!! So my quest to find a reasonable dealer continues..ugh...I hate car shopping!!!
  • thetilerthetiler Member Posts: 3
    Try Muller in Clinton NJ this is where mine came from
    also there is a Flemington Toyota

Jason
    ..well 2k over invoice..is it still below msrp?....a year ago they wanted 31200 over invoice in a Highkander Sport well equipped and we got it for $600 over invoice,,I thought we did ok....now a days they want msrp and above....wait a while until this c4c is totally over and the cars wont move as exp-ected and maybe you could do better...continue to check Fitz automall....last I checked they were $400 below msrp.....but if you wait the will go back to some great pricing and it may be worth to you to go MD,,,good luck
    I must apologize...getting old is a [non-permissible content removed]...lol...I meant Prestige wanted $1200 over invoice and I got it $600 over invoice.....I just checked Fitz Automall and they a few venzas for about $400 over invoice..may be worth the trip...and my apologies again for the nispelling before
    You are funny! $600 over isn't bad, and if it's what you want I say just buy it locally and you will be saving yourself some headaches and aggravation. It might be more convenient when you go to have it serviced too. Lots of luck and keep us posted.
  • suziessuzies Member Posts: 2
    I have been getting quotes on a Venza I4 FWD +Security package for $27800 driveout including TTL. I live in Texas. Is this a good price?
    I don't know what the TTL rate is in Texas but checking on Edmunds site the invoice here would be $24712 before ttl. People also need to remember that under the Obama plan that the taxes on a purchase of a new car can be deducted from their income tax returns this year assuming you meet the income requirements. That's a HUGE savings and I'm able to write off $2400!!!!
  • suziessuzies Member Posts: 2
    The Texas Tax + doc fees = 6.25% + $300.
    Invoice on Edmunds is $24,712
    TMV on Edmunds is $25,043
  • yhuangninayhuangnina Member Posts: 4
    Actually, state tax deduct for a new car is tax break, not tax credit.
    So if you pay $2400 state tax for your Venza, the real tax saving depends on your last bracket tax rate.
    Assume you tax bracket is 25%, your saving is 2400 * 25%.
  • mkahn21mkahn21 Member Posts: 11
    V6, AWD, premium package #2, sunroof, navigation, floor mats, wheel locks. Magnetic gray/light gray.

Sticker: $38,335
    Price paid: $34,220 plus tax, doc fee ($120), and registration.

I was thrilled to get at-invoice pricing. The dealer (Ardmore Toyota outside Philadelphia) had to order the car but it took less than 4 weeks. I had solicited quotes from just about every Philly-area Toyota dealer, and Ardmore was the best.

Going to autotrader.com and obtaining a "trade-in guarantee" kept me from getting hammered on the trade-in (a 2004 Jeep Liberty).

I'd do business with Ardmore Toyota again in a heartbeat - good to work with and extremely competitive on price.
  • tiruvantiruvan Member Posts: 10
    Currently, one dealer has a Base I4 in Silver/Gray fabric in his lot with security package, carpet mat set and vehicle shield package. Best price is $28,181 OTD

Another dealer has one in the pipeline that does not have the vehicle shield package but the rest are similar. Best OTD price is $27,800

Considering the TTL comes to about $2000 are these good prices?

Thanks!
  • cmlp1cmlp1 Member Posts: 5
    I just bought a silver V6 AWD Venza with an MSRP of 36700

It has one of the big option packages, that includes leather, smart key, back up camera, HIDs, bluetooth phone connection, etc.
    Other options include the JBL stereo, the sunroof, and the tow prep package.
    No Navigation and no rear seat TV. It also has little stuff like mats, wheel locks, rear bumper cover.

I got $500 for my trade in.
    I got a discount of $5700.
    So my final price was $30.5k + tax + dealer prep. My out the door price was just about $32.8k. I think this is a really good deal...what do you think?
    I think you did pretty good considering its a V6 AWD. Bluetooth comes with the JBL so that's not really an extra but I sure wish I had it (my package didn't include it and I didn't want to wait for a custom order). I think the back-up camera is a little small and wish it was as big as the Nav screen (but I don't have that either).
  • actionjhactionjh Member Posts: 20
    I think you got an awesome deal. Your MSRP of $36700 should carry an invoice of approx $32385. If you got the vehicle for $31000, that's $1385 below invoice. It's the best deal I've seen so far.

May I ask where you are located and what color is your Venza?
    I've been looking for Venza V6 FWD 2812 with just the premium package #1(LP) or #2(LX) + JBL/Bluetooth (EJ) in white and there's none around the L.A. Area. I didn't need moonroof or Nav. All the white ones I've found were fully loaded and carry a MSRP of $37407-$38037.
    Your Venza option with LX+EJ+SR seemed to be the closest to what I am looking for although your's is an AWD.
    Do you mind sharing the contract with me? I'd like to see the purchase details.
    BTW, what kind of car did you trade in for $500?
    Appreciated!
    Please email me : actionjh at yahoo.com
  • janetebnjanetebn Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone bought a venza in Tennessee. I'm in the Knoxville area and the best I can get is $1200 over invoice for a V6 FWD with Navigation and sunroof. Interested in any experiences.
  • raysfanraysfan Member Posts: 13
    Don't believe everything you read especially when it come to prices people pay as alot of people will claim to have made a great deal that seems unbelievably low because it is simply not true. No dealer is going to sell a vehicle for $1500 below what they pay (dealer cost, not factory invoice) on a new line that is in fair demand.

If you follow other forums you will see this seems to be the norm as no one is going to admit they got screwed and no one will admit to getting an average price. It is possibly to get a great deal if you get a demo as it is considered a depreciated vehicle and should be priced as a used vehicle which it is.

Go to truecar.com if you want to see what people are paying for Venzas in your area as well as nationally.
  • janetebnjanetebn Member Posts: 3
    Thanks, truecar seems like a great site and I'm getting a great deal.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,690
    Why do you think the anonymous people that report prices to truecar are any different than the anonymous people that report prices here?

Because they put it on a chart? And, then.. you can't ask them any questions about the details? :surprise:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

According to their FAQ their prices are based on actual vehicle transactional sales data not just anonymous people reporting their prices paid. I could not find a place on their site to enter any price paid data - please share if you can find one.
    Hey raysfan,

I have the purchase contract to prove I paid exactly 31k (before trade, tax and dealer prep) for a brand new (manufactured 08/09 with 24miles) V6 AWD Venza. I can scan it and post it if you'd like.

I just thought I'd share my particular experience with buying this car. I have no reason to lie.
  • robfilerobfile Member Posts: 9
    By all means scan a copy so we can all see!

Thanks!
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    I have no doubt the price of the car is invoiced as you say however whenever a trade is involved the price paid for the new car is pretty much meaningless for any type of price comparison.
    I scanned and uploaded the purchase agreement. It's the only photo posted under my name. Have a look. ">
    I agree. If you only get a $1000 trade-in credit for a vehicle the dealer can sell for $2500 the dealer can then take extra $1000 off your negotiated price to make it look like you got a much better discount but they still make a profit of $500 and you really don't get any more actual savings, just on paper. It is a shell game. Dealers never give you the true value of your trade-in because if they did they would have no profit margin. That is why it is always better to sell your vehicle privately although this is not always covenient.

Dealers will not sell any vehicle below what their cost is (not factory invoice - actual cost including any holdbacks, incentives, etc.) as they are in the business to make a profit not lose money. The only exceptions that come to mind is a demo or returned vehicle as they can and should be sold at a reduced price due to the depreciated value of the vehicle.

BTW cmlp1: my comments on this issue were not meant to offend and I offer an apology. I just wanted to point out there is a lot of misinformation on the internet when it comes to prices people say they pay and people should take this info with a grain of salt. If some of the prices I have seen were true we would have a lot of dealerships going under. It is difficult to compare prices paid in one area of the country versus another as pricing, incentives, etc., can vary from state to state, week to week and sometimes day to day. Bottom line is if you got your vehicle for a price you feel is fair then you should be happy as that is all that matters. Enjoy your new Venza! :)
  • actionjhactionjh Member Posts: 20
    Hi cmlp1:
    Thanks for sharing your buying experience with us. I truly appreciated it. This is what this forum is all about.
    I couldn't find the photo scan you mentioned. Could you point out where to download it please?
    Thanks!
    " It is difficult to compare prices paid in one area of the country versus another as pricing, incentives, etc., can vary from state to state, week to week and sometimes day to day"...this is so much true!..I was once told by a friend (owner of a large dealership)...you will never see 2 same vehicles sold at the same price..same model...same day and even same dealer for the same price....that is how dynamic this business is....and it is true a dealer will never sell a vehicle below his real cost..don't forget...we are part time buyers and they are full time sellers...we can only hope (within reason) to get the best possible deal and chances are that the deal amy be unique for that moment in time another person walking in 10 minutes later may never get the same deal you did....maybe better...maybe worst...it id=s a fast business,,,
  • sweetsoulsweetsoul Member Posts: 35
    Congrats! That's a great deal cmlp1, no matter how you look at it! What city and state was this deal made?
  • sweetsoulsweetsoul Member Posts: 35
    Congrats mkahn21! That was a great deal! Could you provide more info on where to obtain a "trade-in guarantee" on autotrader.com? I have been looking all over on the site and can't find where to do that. Any help you have would be great ;)
    I live outside Philly and thanks to your post I'll be sure to go to Ardmore when I am finally ready to take the plunge!
  • rw11rw11 Member Posts: 3
    yes cmlp1, I would also like to know where you got this deal... I am looking to get one as well. Thanks
  • mkahn21mkahn21 Member Posts: 11
    Hi Sweet,

From the autotrader.com web site, click on "sell your car." From there, on the right hand side, you'll see a box that says "Turn Your Car Into Cash." Click on "Get an Instant Offer" and follow the prompts.

Ardmore is a participating dealer, but I was their guinea pig as they'd never seen an Autotrader Trade-In Guarantee come in before. Frankly, Ardmore didn't meet the guaranteed price, but they came close - close enough that it wasn't worth it to me to drive to Conicelli's auction house, which would have matched it without questioning. As it was, I got about $1200-$1500 more than I might have on the open trade-in market.
    I bought the car at IRA toyota of Danvers , MA.

Overall I am very happy with the car so far. It's a good all around vehicle that does everything pretty well. It's not a sports car, but it's a great highway cruiser with plenty of passing power (V6). This was my first new car purchase, and I was all over the map with other car considerations. I was looking at a BMW 3-series sedan/wagon, a BMW X3, Audi A3, Infinity G37x, Lexus IS250AWD, Lexus ES350, and Lexus RX. Some of these I was shopping pre-owned as well, because I really wanted to be in the low 30k range. I almost bought a IS250AWD, but it dawned on me that while a very nice car, it was small and kind of slow. The Venza is a nice middle ground, that offers some good room/utility in a stylish package. Throw in toyota reliability, AWD, and some of the nicer options at a competitive price, and I really couldn't find a better all around vehicle for my needs. Sure, I wanted the 335xi, but 40k+ was too much for me to spend, and BMW reliability out of waranty was a question. I kept my last car for 9 years and I intend to keep the Venza for 10+. Good luck to all you Venza deal hunters.
  • yurkoyurko Member Posts: 24
    If I recall, raysfan, you live in south Florida -- as do I. Unless we're willing to drive several states away, we have to put up with the extra costs of the SET monopoly distribution system in the SE United States.

Like you, I'm interested in the Venza but don't want to get ripped off. In looking at this post and more recent ones from you, did you order and/or take delivery of a Venza yet? If so, could you tell me which dealer you used? Thanks.
  • gis123gis123 Member Posts: 2
    I've been following this Forum for a good month now, it's helped me get a better idea of what to expect. There was no escaping it, I mean buying a car in the Southeast and bowing to the SET! Just a week ago I took delivery of a black 4cyl FWD with leather faced seats for $26,100 before TTL. After exhaustive research I was pretty happy with the deal, and it was a local dealer (Legacy Toyota in Tallahassee, FL) that ended of giving me the best deal of 3 I contacted. Finding a car without many of the packages was not easy, but they pulled through, and got it to me just days before I was to leave for a vacation. The car was everything I had hoped and more. I had been driving a 6 year old Honda CRV, which had been a great car, but just wanted an upgrade. The Venza feels more expensive than the price and is a great family truckster (National Lampoon Vacation).
    I drove the 4cyl and the 6cyl, and I got to say, for the weight of the vehicle the 4cyl does pretty good. I think the secret is in the transmission gearing.
    Does anyone know of a safe, reasonable way of getting more HP? I've heard that synthetic motor oil adds about 7 or so HP, and K&N does not make an intake for the 4cyl, any ideas? :shades:
  • antilles72antilles72 Member Posts: 5
    Got a quote for a 2009 Toyota Venza FWD 4-cyl with Mats and Roof Rack. MSRP is $27479. Dealer is offering $24386 before taxes, title,etc.. Is this a good deal?

Replacing my 16yr old Corolla which I bought new, back in 1993.
  • cd2359cd2359 Member Posts: 3
    MSRP $27479 so the invoice price is around $25100? It looks pretty good based on the previous postings on this thread, but the 2010 model (not much changes from the 2009 model) is coming out in early Nov, maybe you can get the 2009 model at a lower price.

The salesperson here in socal trying to lie to me by telling me the 2010 model won't come out until next year, but the news is everywhere now and I am waiting for the 2010 model. Can't wait to take one home!
  • antilles72antilles72 Member Posts: 5
    That was the first dealer quote and seemed really good. GOt me wondering if I could no try a little harder. Would love to chop off a few hundred more.
  • mvkrishmvkrish Member Posts: 2
    Today i purchased V6 FWD Grey, light grey leather inside. Paid $30500+TTL+1010 for 8years extended coverage, MSRP was $34,570
    is it a good deal
    Options
    50 STATE EMISSIONS
    CARPETED FLOOR/TRUNK MATS (PPO)
    COMFORT PKG -INC:
    LEATHER SEATING SURFACES, 4-WAY PWR FRONT PASSENGER SEAT W/LUMBAR SUPPORT, FRONT HEATED SEATS, SATIN MAHOGANY WOOD-GRAIN STYLE INTERIOR TRIM, LEATHER-WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL, LEATHER-WRAPPED SHIFTER W/SATIN MAHOGANY WOOD GRAIN, COLOR-KEYED
    CONVENIENCE PKG -INC: SMART KEY SYSTEM, PUSH-BUTTON START, PWR REAR DOOR W/JAM PROTECTION, CHROME-ACCENTED DOOR HANDLES JBL SYNTHESIS SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM -INC: AM/FM STEREO W/6-DISC IN-DASH CD CHANGER, SATELLITE RADIO RECEIVER, MP3/WMA CAPABILITY, BLUETOOTH, (13) SPEAKERS PANORAMIC ROOF -INC: PANORAMIC GLASS ROOF, FRONT PWR TILT/SLIDE MOONROOF
    SECURITY PKG -INC: BACK-UP CAMERA, ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM WHEEL LOCKS (PPO)
  • toledo73toledo73 Member Posts: 174
    HI, Not seeing the "turn your cars in to cash" area you mention