Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Venza Prices Paid

Comments

• craigd1craigd1 Member Posts: 4
    Sunnyvale Toyota
    recommend you buy b4 yr end - get the tax deduction
  • actionjhactionjh Member Posts: 20
    Thank you all for your help and sharing your precious buying experience/prices. I finally pulled the trigger on the Venza last night. Just in time for tax deduction. Venza V-6 in the Los Angeles is quite allocated, and it's hard to locate one with the option packages and color I wanted. Thus, making the negotiation process difficult. If there was more inventory available, I am sure obtaining a lower cost wouldn't be an issue.
    I took delivery of the vehicle at online invoice cost. Which was different from the dealer invoice. Dealer Invoice adds TDA (regional advertising fees) + gas to the equation. For LA region, that's $340.84 difference. ($331 TDA + $9.84 Gas).

If you can get any Venza V6 at below online invoice prices, you got yourself an awesome deal. Good luck shopping!
  • jkim069jkim069 Member Posts: 9
    Congratulations on your V6 purchase, Actionjh! Sorry for not responding to your previous posts regarding Venza pricing, but I haven't been on-line much during the holidays.

I wasn't able to locate a FWD V6 with the colors and options I wanted, so I decided to wait on the car that Dealer 1 expects to receive in late January/early February. I'll miss the deduction for sales taxes that ends 12/31/09, but I decided it was worth waiting on the car that I really wanted, especially since I plan to drive my Venza for a very long time.

I hope you enjoy your Venza and continue posting about your experiences with your new car!
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Just shop OTD.. we all pay it.
    No problem at all. Thank you.

Have you tried searching your Grey Venza in the L.A. area? Might have better luck.
    Hopefully by Feb when the demand tapers off, you will be able to negotiate a better deal if the inventory piles up.

There were 3 other Venza V6 on the lot, but they weren't fully loaded like the one you want having LX, NV, SR, and CF or Z1. Will let you know if I come across any.

I also plan to drive the Venza for a long time. Just purchased Toyota Extra Care Platinum from Midwest Superstore. Hopefully this 8yr coverage is worth the investment.
    I wish buying Toyota is as simple as Honda.

Everything being equal, yes, the easier way is to shop OTD. However, when dealing with vehicles with different options and difference MSRP/Invoice prices, shopping for OTD would not be a comprehensive comparsion.
  • mlinenbmlinenb Member Posts: 10
    I picked up a Venza today and I think the price was very fair.

2010- V6 FWD
    Premium Package #2
    Navigation
    Panoramic Roof
    Tow Prep Package
    Carpet Mats
    Accent Stripe
    SE Destination Surcharge $25
    Drop Hitch Receiver
    MSRP- 38,017
    Invoice- 33,818
    I paid 32,600- plus 589.50 doc fee, plus tax, tag, title. Along with oil change/all service at 5k and 10k miles and a full tank of gas.

Even with doc fee- I'm thinking I paid less or very close to less than what they paid for it. It was a cash deal, no trade in.
    Hi jkim069:
    Congrats on closing the deal before year end. Glad you got a good deal. There were a lot of people at the dealership when I picked up the car on the 31st. The fleet manager was so busy that he basically just handed me the key, sign here and ready to say bye to me. Didn't even bother to show me features on the car. I understand he wanted to get back to close more deals. We shook hands and that was it.

On the way driving back home, I noticed a light clicking noise from the tranny around 1-2mph and car sitting at stop light has noticeable vibration coming from the brake pedal and the steering wheel. Is that normal? I expected Toyota to run very smooth. Has anyone experienced the same thing? (I'd owned 2000 Acura 3.2TL and 2008 Honda Odyssey). This is the first Toyota for me. Kind of disappointed on the rough idle.

$589.50 doc fee? Was that a typo?
  • jkim069jkim069 Member Posts: 9
    Dealer 1 didn't ask me to sign any paperwork or provide a deposit for the car scheduled to arrive later this month, so hopefully I'll actually get to purchase the car for the agreed-upon price. He seems pretty up and up compared to the some of the other salesmen I heard from here in the Bay Area.

The estimated license fee is $519, the document fee is $55.
    I haven't felt the tranny noise you are mentioning- but I only have driven my car about 40 miles so far. Yeah- that was the document fee- $589.50. All the dealerships around here (GA area) have doc fees in the $500 to $600 range. One sales guy called it the 'boss's retirement fund' and it's pre-printed on the final sales invoice. Still adding in the doc fee- getting the car for $600 under invoice, the end of the year tax credit, 2 oil changes/and all other service work at 5k and 10k, and a tank of gas seems like a fair deal. Oh- they tax the doc fee too- so it's really a $632 doc fee! You have to negotiate appropriately realizing this huge junk fee add on.
    If someone else offers them more $ they will sell it.
  • roho1roho1 Member Posts: 318
    I found out signed paper work means nothing to dealers.

I had a signed deal at a GM dealer on Friday with the car promised to ready on Monday. The salesman calls me on Saturday and says his Gen Mgr gave the car to another dealer in a swap he had promised. I went back to the dealer to make sure they shreaded all my personal info I gave them and to give them a piece of my mind. They all just shrugged their shoulders -tough sh*t. It was incredible. They asked If i wanted to see if they find another car in a swap for me. I told them to go ahead and they found one. They said they would have it in 3 days. I called them back in 2 days and said I just bought a Toyota so forget your car. I'll never go back to GM dealer again.
  • fhillsfhills Member Posts: 1
    I have an offer for 2010 Venza V6 FWD in Chicago region with below options.
    Is it the best deal to find?
    Edmunds MSRP - $33,350
    Edmunds Invoice - $ 29, 610
    Dealer offer - $ 29,995+doc fee $175 (they are firm)
    Options included-
    Comfort pkg,
    Convenience pkg,
    Security pkg,
    Panoramic roof pkg
    Tow prep pkg
    color - Metallic Grey
  • tigerfanwoottigerfanwoot Member Posts: 2
    My wife and I are looking to buy a new Venza (09 or 2010 doesn't matter) on May 1st. We are saving and are going to pay cash. We have a trade-in, 99 Isuzu Rodeo-kbb = ~2,000. I want to offer 20k and my trade-in for a base model Venza with keyless entry and the moon roof. Does anyone have any experience with using "cash" and a "trade-in" to get a better deal similar to this? Thx for reading my post.
    Just shop for best OTD when you are ready to buy. If you tell the salesperson that you will buy in May they will lose intrest in you REAL fast.
    sell the isuzu through private party sale versus trade in. if you want to trade it in- try carmax for a low end price (if one is close by)- they will buy it- whether you buy a car from them or not. as others has said- trade ins confuse the issue- get your lowest OTD price- and then discuss trade in from there.
  • alan226alan226 Member Posts: 7
    Ijust purchased a new 2010 Venza 4cyl AWD.
    Sticker was $28825 including the Destination charge. I paid $25475 with all the dealer fees but not including sales tax, title and registration.

From what I have been reading it looks like I got a very good deal.

Any thoughts?
  • tigerfanwoottigerfanwoot Member Posts: 2
    In reference to alan226, I have emailed a dealer in SC, he says he can sell me a venza for 23,999 and that doesn't include my trade in. I am hoping to get him down to 20k with my trade. I guess it all depends on how much it matters when buying with cash in hand.

BTW: What does OTD mean?
    Is $23999 for an AWD? I was basically offered that price ($23999) for the for the Front Wheel Drive model from a local dealer.

$23999 for the All Wheel Drive model is a steal
    OTD = out the door (as in negotiate your best/lowest OTD pricing)
  • svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    HI,we have finally decided that between the Mazda CX9 and the Venza we like the Venza much better...in my opinion better workmanship and materials in the inside, seats feel more confortable etc..Mazda CX9 is a great looking vehicle, but when compare to the Venza we think Toyota did better...just my 2 cents...yesterday I took my wife to the Phila auto show and she dicided on the Venza,the only question I have is as to how high the driver seat will move, she is 5 feet tall and the Venza on the floor had no power at all....oh.. she refuses to go to the dealership until the day that we pick up the vehicle (we had some bad experiences in the past)..so anyone with a short wife let me know confortable id the driver seat hight...thank you all...
  • randinirandini Member Posts: 3
    I am also interested in a Venza in the Chicagoland area. What dealer did you get your car from?
  • dahm21dahm21 Member Posts: 3
    I have gotten 2 quotes on a 2010 Venza- one 4 cyl AWD base model ($28850) and a Leather/sunroof/security package ($33030)

Leases 36 months nothing down except first payment

$329/mo and $365/month-

How do these sound?
    Thanks in advance!
  • housethouset Member Posts: 36
    Right now, it looks like you can get a Venza for about 1-2% above invoice, which is right on the cusp of the highest i would pay for the vehicle. But my thinking with all the negative press about Toyota, it is certainly going to drive down consumer sentiment which will drive down sales. I think Toyota is almost going to have to offer incentives to bring back the customer, either in the form of longer Warranties, rebates or low financing.. Anybody else think this is probably the case.

PS. i went out to Buyatoyota.com and did an inventory search in my area, and there are as many 2009's out there as there are 2010. I don't know if every area is the same, i was just suprised to see that we are in February with that many 2009 vehicles on the lots yet.
  • sparklelovesparklelove Member Posts: 11
    I'm new to the forums and I have a question about buying a New 2010 Venza

4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
    Options are: MSRP
    Premium Package #2 $4,345
    JBL Premium Audio $1,090
    Destination $ 750
    Total $35,735

Now I was told by a friend that I am not suppose to pay Dealer Prep Fees, Ad Fees since I am not responsilbe for the them to sell cost effective ads, and floorplans and Holdback fees, and that I should get the car for at least close to 31,000 or 32,000, and just to make sure that I ask to see the Factory Invoice on the car to haggle right?

Is that true? PLEASE HELP :confuse:
    The advertising fee is generally referred to as TDA. What the dealer will show you as their invoice is Online Invoice cost (Edmunds, KBB, NADA) + TDA. So you will be dealing with 2 different invoice costs.

Every Toyota dealer that I went to said Edmunds, KBB, NADA invoice was not accurate. Their invoice are the "REAL" cost. Of course, they still have 2% holdback + 1% financial reserve.

Depending on how desparate the dealer wants to move the car, the sales manager can decide to tap into the funds if necessary. As far as Venza goes, there's not enough car on the lot to make less money. But knowing how bad the situation at Toyota is right now, I am not certain if the dealers are trying to cash in on the limited cars they can sell on the lot or go all out to keep customers with Toyota vehicles.

FYI, the best deal I can negotiate down to before 2009 tax incentive was online invoice (Edmunds, KBB, NADA) + TTL. Basically, waiving the TDA + $9.84 gas.
    Took delivery of my white pearl Venza V6 FWD on 12/31/09.
  • mtnbykermtnbyker Member Posts: 6
    That sounds great to me. Best I can do on base model with moonroof is 2K down and 325/month in WA. Can you tell me which dealer you're working with?

Thanks!!
  • stperic66stperic66 Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2010
    I would appreciate if you can confirm that the Venza at 23,999 is AWD. If yes, dealer/location?
  • kyrptokyrpto Member Posts: 216
    edited February 2010
    Just bought a silver front wheel drive Venza in Roanoke, Va.
    $27,500 sticker $25,500 {w/doc fee} purchase. No options but even the "base" has 19" dubs, one touch windows, dual climate control, cool iPod dock, SAT radio, and an 8 way power driver's seat.
    I am surprised that nobody is posting in this section about buyibg experiences...is it possible that sales have fallen so far and so deep??????
    With the recall and all of the bad publicity sales are slow. Also, Toyota tends to put almost no incentives on the Venza. With the new model year approaching, I would think some aggressive incentives would be coming. I absolutely LOVE the Venza that I bought. We will look for another one for my wife in the upcoming months...
    Where are you located?....did you get a decent deal?...when do you think the new 2011 will be out?...I will be ready to buy in October and was wondering if I should try to get a 2010 or really wait for the 2011...any suggestions?...thanks
    Located in eastern Mass. I gotta believe that Toyota will have to put some aggressive incentives in the next few months just to move inventory.

I bought mine in late January. AWD 4cyl base model. Sticker was $28500, got the car for $25300, better than 10% off sticker.
  • rbashirrbashir Member Posts: 1
    I currently own Honda Accord 2004 V4 and looking into Venza as a car for my wife. I do not want to by the latest and greatest 2010 model but very much interested in getting a 2009 venza. Please share your thoughts since currently, Toyota being under so much scrutiny, would I be able to get a good deal on 2009 Venza ? something between 20k-23k.

Share your thoughts.

Thanks a lot.
    rb
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    I currently own Honda Accord 2004 V4 and looking into Venza as a car for my wife. I do not want to by the latest and greatest 2010 model but very much interested in getting a 2009 venza. Please share your thoughts since currently, Toyota being under so much scrutiny, would I be able to get a good deal on 2009 Venza ? something between 20k-23k.

Share your thoughts.

Thanks a lot.
    rb

I think an Accord with a V4 would be worth millions to a collector. I didn't really think Honda put V4's in cars. I have a 1983 Honda Magna motrcycle with a V4, and they stopped putting V4's in bikes back in the 80's. Even bikes now a days get straight 4 cylinder engines.

I'd say hang on to that V4 powered Accord, it is a collector's item. :shades:
  • cslasorcslasor Member Posts: 15
    I also posted this on the Mazda5 board, but since the Venza is the other car I'm considering buying, and since they also have a 0% financing deal going on, it seemed appropriate to post here also.

I've been considering buying a Venza I4 FWD for several months now, and the 0% financing offer is very tempting. I figure it would save me about $1000 in finance charges vs. financing at my credit union's rate of 2.9% for 36 months.

What I was wondering, though, is whether it really makes any difference to try to buy during a special financing deal. I mean, do they just hold out for a higher price when they have a 0% financing deal? Or would it maybe be better to wait a while and see if the number of buyers drops off after the financing deal expires and then negotiate a better price?

Any thoughts from you car-buying experts?
  • luckyme1luckyme1 Member Posts: 29
    Just purchased a 2010 AWD V6
    (LX) Premium #2
    (NV) Navigaion
    (SR) Sunroof
    (TO) Tow Prep
    Carpeted Mats
    MSRP: $38,764

Invoice: $34,749
    Dealer Fees $499
    Cash Back ($750)
    Net: $34,498

I had a trade in, but we handled it seperately, and they gave me a fair price for the trade. Paid tax on trade difference.
  • veggieloverveggielover Member Posts: 2
    My wife and I are looking in Los Angeles at a 2009 Venza FWD 4Cyl with panoramic roof and bluetooth. Sticker is 28500, dealer will sell for 26400 less 1500 cash back = 24900, out the door for 27900 with 4% financing. What do you guys think? My wife really loves the color tropical sea metallic and this is the only dealership around with one left in that color.
  • kernatkernat Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2010
    New England region

4 cyl AWD 2010 Venza: MSRP $33,324 (all souped up, leather, convenience, comfort, security, sun roof)

Sunset Bronze

ePrice: $29,921

Drive out price before taxes tag and license: $29,300 + 2 year free maintenences, oil change for past TYT owners.

Invoice about $30,000.

Hope this helps.
  • roho1roho1 Member Posts: 318
    a local Toyota dealer advertised in the Sunday paper, "Employee pricing plus on all models".

Venza quoted was MSRP=$28667 minus $2872 employee discount, minus owner loyalty cash back $2000(up to in small letters). Price=$23995 for model 2810(4cyl) plus up to 3 years maintenance, 0% interest,no payment for 90 days.
    Seems like a good deal but I've found once you walk into the dealer this offer was on one vehicle that has already sold and those "up to's" are automatically reduced to the minimum.
    I'm not quite ready to haggle with a salesman yet but thought I would show that offers are starting to show up.
  • sportsexpertsportsexpert Member Posts: 2
    Can you tell me the best deal with tier 1 credit venza limited. Like to get best price before telling them I want them to lease or buy. Thanks. If I had a ad I can show it to dealer.
    OTD price.. we all pay it.
  • chimericashchimericash Member Posts: 2
    first time buy a car,i am looking for one next week.i just want that basic one,invoice price like 25000+,how much your guys pay for ??i am live in NY so anybody living around???and how much you pay ?which model?thank you very much.
  • veggieloverveggielover Member Posts: 2
    Wife and I just bought a new 2009 Venza 4-cyl FWD with moonroof and bluetooth in tropical sea metallic for $27,935 out the door with 4% financing for 60 months, plus free 2-year auto maintenance package, from a dealership in Los Angeles. Wife loves the car. I haven't driven it much yet.
  • billsyrbillsyr Member Posts: 5
    Has anyone had any experience with the new lease deals from Toyota? I see they have a Lease for only $229 a month for 36 months with $1999 plus S&H and tax (I assume). Is that $2k down a hidden finance cost or does it actually bring down the price of the car? Are they holding to window sticker price or offering decent discounts before the lease offer?

We own a 07 Lincoln MKX, which is very similar to the venza but obviously a new one cost considerably more.

Any ideas, suggestions on prices being paid these days in upstate NY would be helpful. Thanks!

Bill
  • prowessprowess Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at leasing the 2010 Venza AWD V6 in the midwest with:
    (CQ) convenience, (LS) comfort, (SA) security, (SR) panoramic roof, (EJ) JBL w/XM bluetooth
    MSRP: $36,314
    selling price: 32,600
    cap cost: 33,429
    residual: 19,842
    pymt: $400 mo (not incl sales tax) money factor .00044, 36 mo lease, 12k miles
    no money down, just first month pymt.
    What I'm wanting to know is if any of these fees are necessary or negotiable?
    $650 acq fee, $180 admin fee, $750 destination charge, $514 TDA, $591 dealer holdback, $295 whsl financial reserve. Thanks!
  • beachguy1beachguy1 Member Posts: 2
    Purchased a 2010 AWD V6 configured like yours on March 22, MSRP was $38.6k. My price including dealer fees, but before sales tax, tags, and docs was $33.9k. Price was great. Toyota is more aggressively reducing prices than I experience with my last two Toyota purchases. Purchased at Holman Toyota in NJ..

I love the car. Only has 300 miles on it and most of them were on I95 between Atlantic City and Washington DC. Nice highway cruiser. So far 30% better MPG then my Explorer.
  • gerard72gerard72 Member Posts: 1
    hi krypto, i'm planning to buy a venza 4 cyl too. Can you tell me if the $27,500 was plus tax? and if you have something to say about the car. Thank you very much!!!
  • yeekyeek Member Posts: 18
    Just read several news reports that Toyota may give FREE 2 year service to first time buyers as well as returning Toyota buyers. Plus they will probably extend most March incentives. Announcement April 6.
  • duvaluduvalu Member Posts: 8
    Roho1, that's a great deal. Where did you get it, I"m planning to get the same car?

Thanks,
    duvalu