Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• yayar2000yayar2000 Member Posts: 5
    James,

Did you have that college rebate? Which dealer did you go? A MD dealer gave me OTD$15500 but just base LE.

Yayar2000
  • whoosierdaddywhoosierdaddy Member Posts: 76
    edited November 2011
    Yeah, they gotcha. When you buy a car bring a financial calculator to check all their numbers, and read everything before you sign it. Keep one hand on your wallet at all times (metaphorically speaking). They don't see it as cheating you, they see it as maximizing gross margin on every deal.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,953
    If y'all didn't ask for it, did ya at least have them take the charge off? Did at any time anyone in your party agree to this policy? If not, refuse it and move on. This is why folks need to be educated and read the documents. Hopefully y'all did what was necessary in your case. Just amazing!!!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• jlum866jlum866 Member Posts: 25
    Just bought a 2011 Corolla S with options FE, EX, and CF for $16,900 + tax and license and fees after $1,000 rebate. Did I get a good deal?
  • ultfamcarultfamcar Member Posts: 18
    Hi All,

Looking to buy a 2011 Corolla S in Magnetic Gray Metallic. Please share your price breakdown and dealership.

Thanks,
    Charles
  • hackattack5hackattack5 Member Posts: 315
    what is your residual? (buy out price)
  • marykc1marykc1 Member Posts: 1
    Charles/ultfamcar - Did you buy that Corolla S? If so, what kind of deal did you get?

I am going to be buying next week.

Thanks,
    Mary K
  • dumeelpdumeelp Member Posts: 7
    Price : 16K + TTL (this price supposed to take of $500 incentive)
    Invoice for this car happens to be 17044 + Dealer advertising fees (306 in CA)

I ended up getting 0% financing also. Further I took advantage of Shareathon campaign that would net $600 to 700 (1000 - taxes)

This is the best I could pull based on time constraints and vehicle availability (we wanted Grey). Happy hunting.

Is it a good deal?
  • mbaig91mbaig91 Member Posts: 1
    What dealership gave you this care for that price?
  • perma88perma88 Member Posts: 23
    edited January 2012
    yayar, which dealership in MD give you the $15,500 quote for the base model LE............I am interested
  • mem999mem999 Member Posts: 2
    I'm a girl in my mid 30s and I'm looking to replace my old 96 Corolla with a new 2012 Corolla, but I'm terrified at being taken advantage of.

Calling Bay Area purchaser, can you share with me what you bought your 2011 or 2012 Corolla for (basic car for me).

Any tip on how I can prevent from being taken advantage of is greatly appreciated!

Thank you
  • ahmadrahmadr Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2012
    2011 Corolla LE - Silver - 1/30/2012
    Houston, TX
    no additional options
    after $1000 rebate (instead of 0% APR)
    $15'200 (+ TTL) - this was a steal IMO
    P.S. dealer doc fee was $150
  • onlytotoonlytoto Member Posts: 1
    Any buying experience for 2011 corollas in midwest?
  • travis30travis30 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a used 2000 Corolla from a dealership for 3,800 plus tax, title, and license fees, for a total of $4,300. Car runs excellent. Like new. So consider that when you go and buy a new(er) Corolla :) The reviews for 98-2002 Corolla's are very good!!
  • steveaspesisteveaspesi Member Posts: 46
    if you're intimidated by the buying process of a new car, and I don't blame you, then consider using a no haggle pricing approach through Costco, AAA or USAA, or even a broker. You'll still need to visit the lot and fend off the wolves when finding the color you want.

It's well worth the simple phone call to arrainge the appointment with the internet manager and avoid the wolves roaming the lots who in my opinion can be just all pressure and zero value.
  • sabdulsabdul Member Posts: 10
    I am trying to get new corolla LE 2012 but I found some dealers that have corolla S 2011, since it is left over from last year they are offering deals
    I am not sure what would be a good deal for this car in Maryland any ideas!!!!!
    thanks
    got my new car last night for $1600+tag and title.
    I also get 1000 of from this for college grad so basically 15000 + tag and title. :)
  • perma88perma88 Member Posts: 23
    sabdul, does your corolla cames with any options?? which dealership did you get this deal. I am very interested in the same deal as well...... :)
    The corolla LE 2012 comes with blue tooth, USB port, power windows, power door locks, remote keyless entry and steering wheel audio control, as a standard features.
    the dealer is 355 Toyota located in Maryland.
  • navinisnavinis Member Posts: 2
    Sabdul,

Congrats on your new car.

Does your purchase price include the factory cashback or did you opt for the special financing rate?

Dealers here in the midwest offer either the cashback or the special financing rate.

The best offer i could do with the factory cashback for Corolla S Auto was $200 below.

Will be interested to know how you pulled of so much off the MSRP.
    Thanks
    You know the MSRP is the maximum that they are allowed to charge but it does not mean that you have to pay that. The worst thing is to go to the dealer empty handed. The salesmen are ruthless; act like they are helping you. The sales person pulled every string that he could pull and finally said he can give me less than a thousand off of the MSRP, which was nothing. That is when I showed the quote I had. What I did was, I searched online did some homework tried to get quotes from different e-prices and I chose the lowest that I received and they gave me $150 off of the lowest one I had which was $16,149. Yeah it is the same here you either take the cash back or the special financing rate they do not give both, took the cash back :) .
  • kitcloudkick3rkitcloudkick3r Member Posts: 15
    Does it matter? You really buy a toyota because you know the only.. ONLY time you will need to talk or see a dealer is when you go back to get a new Toyota after the one you have hits the 300-400K mile mark.. or you get bored with it..

I had a 99 that the second clutch went at 325K miles.. it still ran fine, i just didnt want to do another clutch so that i sold.. Never had a single issue. changed the oil every 3k miles, tires when needed, Front brakes every 75K miles and rears every 150K miles.. even though they honestly didnt need to be changed. Never leaked anything, never burned anything.. the Syncro's went at 265ish Thousand miles.. but a bungie cord anchored to the dash held it in gear fine for me..

Replaced it in 2005 with a used 2003 which i gave away 4 months ago, it had about 225k miles.. Only major repair was the Cat died at 201K miles.. but i just bought one and did it myself.. wasnt pretty, but it passed inspection.. Ran great when i gave it away.. Original Clutch..

Now i have a used 01 Sienna, which i love, i bought it last year with 78K miles and now have 105K miles.. It is not quite as refined as the corolla (Ironically).. I also really miss my Stick shift.. I would love a NEW Toyota, But they seem to not make a stick with leather, moon roof, and all the bells and whistles.. Oh well.. I guess there is always BMW.
  • wyciwug1wyciwug1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello

Looking to buy a new corolla above. MSRP: 18,895, dealer invoice at 17,825. Was told Out the Door price is at 17,158 includes tax/fee/destination/tag/rebate.. I am thinking about bring it down to 16000 or atleast 16395. I wonder if this is a good price for an LE in this area. Thanks for your feedback.
  • tc2012tc2012 Member Posts: 2
    hey sabdul, can you tell me what state you are in? and also what dealer ship did you go to?
    Hi the dealership is in Maryland @ 355 Toyota in rockville
    I think that would be great price if it does include tax and fees.
  • barrancebarrance Member Posts: 6
    Just received an email from City Toyota in Daly City, CA indicating that they have two 2012 Corolla LE in stock for $15,688. Comes with AC, power windows, locks, more...

I've had luck in the past bringing these emails to other dealers to get them to match this price. In fact, that's how I got my Sienna a few years ago. If I can get $15.7k +TTL, that's a pretty solid deal, right? I'm also looking at at Civic and the lowest email quote I've received is $16.9 + TTL. I was really looking into the Civic, but for >$1k less, I'd rather go with the Corolla.

Thoughts?
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Got one for my son in Boston last week
    MSRP of $19,800 is on sale for $16,488,
    LESS College Grad Rebate $1,000,
    LESS General Manager discount $200,
    Final $15,288+TTL
  • shinmeishinmei Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2012
    Just bought a 2012 Corolla LE for $15250 including everything.

Sale Price: $15550
    Tax, Tag and Licence: $1450

OTD price before rebates: $17000

Rebates: $1000 (college rebate) & $750 (edmunds) = $1750

After buying mine, I found that one dealership in the Atlanta area is selling 2012 Corolla LE for $15488 plus TTL.
  • tc2012tc2012 Member Posts: 2
    Do you mind telling us how you get such a great deal? which dealer ?
  • dhchdhch Member Posts: 7
    Do you mind telling us the dealer's name?
  • jb137jb137 Member Posts: 15
    This is best which I have been able to get so far which includes a discount of $1384 [MSRP 18,895]. When I see prices of around 15k, I get envious.
  • shinmeishinmei Member Posts: 5
    Nalley Toyota, Atlanta. I found that they increased prices for Corolla.
  • dhchdhch Member Posts: 7
    Many thanks
  • 007bing007bing Member Posts: 7
    Nice deal. I went to the dealer yesterday and the best I could get took me a while. They wanted 17377 out the door for the Corolla LE(and I could not have a choice on colors). Not a good deal if you ask me. I was also buying a Sienna LE and the best they would do was $27114. This was a base Sienna LE, too. I noticed, as I've noticed in the past two visits to dealers, that I have been the only one in there. I don't know where they get their customers from but I think they tried to get me to make up for lost revenues alone. I now may look at the Hyundai Elantra. Not getting the deal I wanted gave me a bit more time to take a closer look at the Elantra. I liked what I have seen on it so far.
  • jb137jb137 Member Posts: 15
    My son is eligible for grad discount. For those who have used in the past this dicount, does this discount kick in before the tax or after the tax? I am getting conflicting information from 2 different dealers.

Thanks in advance
  • libme1982libme1982 Member Posts: 2
    Hi

How can I get the edmunds rebate $750?

I really need it.

Give me the information.

Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    edited June 2012

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• dg4dg4 Member Posts: 19
    Which model of Corolla comes with leather seats? Can someone please give me guidance on price they paid for such model?
  • rkomrkom Member Posts: 1
    My friend is selling his 2008 Corolla Sedan (CE) base model with no additional options for 8000$. The car is in good condition (normal wear-and-tear) and the mileage is 55000 miles. Edmunds TMV is 8232$. Is this a good deal?
  • excursion2excursion2 Member Posts: 2
    I own a 2011 Toyota Corolla LE and like many others feel steering drift at 50 + mph. I did not receive any assitance from my dealership on this problem aside lip service. I wanted to write to everyone that is having this problem and inform them that they need to CALL TOYOTA NATIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE AT 1-800-331-4331. Reporting this problem on the national level will cause Toyota to look into this concern. Blogs are great but this outlet will get the ball rolling at Toyota to look into the engineering of the power steering assembly in the 2011. CALL.

Thanks.
  • libme1982libme1982 Member Posts: 2
    Could you share 2012 LE price these day?

I will buy a car in this week, so I need price information from other people.

Help me. Thanks!
  • fsdigital12fsdigital12 Member Posts: 3
    Had to fight for 8 hours with 3 dealerships in NJ for 17600 out the door. Northern NJ is tough.
  • rynick2rynick2 Member Posts: 9
    Purchased last weekend. Emailed a few dealers after using True Car. Cheapest quote I received online was 16500.

Ended up purchasing at a dealer that was offering all Corolla LE's at $15777 plus TTL. This was an advertised price in the newspaper. Was also given a 500 rebate. Did not qualify for the college grad rebate that would have been an extra $1000 off after TTL.

Vehicle included bluetooth and mats. MSRP was $18,895.
  • jd52601jd52601 Member Posts: 1
    Sabdul,
    I am trying to get a god deal on a 2012 corolla le as well and would appreciate any help. Is it correct that you were out the door with yours at $15500 after $500 rebate and $1000 college discount? I missed the college one by 2 months, graduated in May 2010. Also. is yours the regular le (air, mats, cd stereo, etc) or does it have some premium package. Who did you deal with at 355 toyota.

Thanks
  • econfusedeconfused Member Posts: 6
    I just got a 2012 toyota corolla LE. I'm wondering how the daytime running lights work. The headlights comes on automatically in dark places. But the dashboard light doesn't come on. I called Toyota and they said headlights/dashboard lights should come on automatically in dark places. I called a dealership and they said only headlights come on automatically. Who is correct? In my 2009 Toyota Corolla LE, the headlights/dashboard lights/rear lights all come on automatically when it's in dark places.
  • econfusedeconfused Member Posts: 6
    I got a 2012 Corolla LE myself recently. Would you mind telling me if your instrument panel lights turn on automatically at night? The reason I'm asking is because my dealer tells me only the headlights automatically turn on at night when the daytime running lights are on. But Toyota tells me that the the headlights and dashboard lights will automatically turn on when it's dark enough(with parking brake released). Does yours do that? I want to see if all the 2012 corolla le are like that or is it just my car.
  • jrmstr33jrmstr33 Member Posts: 14
    rynick2, can you please share which specific dealership had their Corolla LE's at $15777? I plan on purchasing in SoCal in the coming month.

Thanks in advance!
    I have this problem also and my dealership claimed that 2012 headlights are the only thing that i automatic. my sister has 2006 and all the ligts you mentioned are auto. so I dont know which one to believe!!!
    Hi
    yes that was the price I got and also try to sign for the rebate on edmunds before you purchase your car to get $750 back. It is the regular LE. if you are still interested in just hit me back. try to insist getting the 1000 rebate I think it is not that big difference. It also depends the time of the purchase, so if you have time try to wait the end of the month (like this time) and avoid going on weekends because dealers usually have much traffic on weekends.
    Good luck.