Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• sabdulsabdul Member Posts: 10
    I got my discount before tax.
  • rehmanaurehmanau Member Posts: 1
    Hi Sabdul,
    Congrats on new car. Could you please share with me whether you paid MD tax or VA tax. Also what was the total out of the door price including TTL you paid. Thanks for your help!
  • dchevdchev Member Posts: 38
    Hi econfused and sabdul,
    Your 2012 Toyota Corolas do not have auto headlights.
    Starting the engine will turn your daytime running lights on; however, your headlights will not turn on automatically at dark space.
    Look at the switch on your steering wheel, and you will see no auto option.
    Toyota stopped installing auto headlights with 2011 Toyota Corolla.
    2010 Corolla has them, but not 2011-12 Corollas.
    Sorry about that!
  • rynick2rynick2 Member Posts: 9
    Jrmstr,

Purchased @ Claremont Toyota. $15777 plus TTL
  • jrmstr33jrmstr33 Member Posts: 14
    Thanks rynick - $15777 is before the $500 rebate or including?
  • ariknycariknyc Member Posts: 37
    I went to purchase a Toyota at Route 22 Toyota in Hillside NJ and the experience was really bad. I do not recommend this dealer and caution all forum readers to stay away. Even if you could get a good deal from them, I doubt they would provide good service in the future. There are a lot of negative reviews about this dealership.
  • neil0311neil0311 Member Posts: 8
    Bought a white 2012 Corolla S with Auto tranny for my 18 year old daughter going to college. Net price $16,975 and drive out $18,064. MSRP was close to $20K. Great deal and the time from walk in to drive out was around 90 min.

Best car buying experience of my life. Cobb County Toyota in Kennesaw, GA in the suburbs north of Atlanta. Highly recommend.
  • miapoppymiapoppy Member Posts: 15
    Thank you very clear and helpful. Lots of BS on this forum from dealers who don't want true prices out. THANKS AGAIN
  • asca2asca2 Member Posts: 7
    I went to Claremont and asked about this deal. They did the classic bait and switch and said they only had 2 cars available for that price and they are gone. Not only that, the manager was the biggest jerk I have ever dealt with. DO NOT go there.
  • rynick2rynick2 Member Posts: 9
    Yes. This was an adverstised "All LE's at this price" in the LA Times. Can't really bait and switch that. I have been on the other end where the cars are no longer available as well. Good luck. $15,777 plus TTL. Then the 500 rebate came off.
  • asca2asca2 Member Posts: 7
    I was able to buy a Corolla LE for $18000, with all taxes, licenses and fees included, basically out the door, from DCH Toyota in Simi Valley, CA. It was the best price I could find after looking almost at all the dealerships in Southern California.
  • meche31meche31 Member Posts: 3
    Got an L Auto with mats, dealer installed cruise and tint MSRP just over $18000+cruise and tint. Selling price was 13,999 + 300 for cruise and tint + 599 dealer fee + TTL for and OTD right around $16000.
  • jrmstr33jrmstr33 Member Posts: 14
    Purchased a corolla in the Bay Area last week.
    2013 Corolla LE
    $16,998 + TTL
    - $500 Rebate
    = $18,404.54 OTD
    -$1500 College Grad rebate
    $16,904.54
  • tuxalottuxalot Member Posts: 3
    I was wondering if any one around Norther VA have bought a 2013 Corolla LE or S in near past. I was wondering what was the price paid and which dealer. I am in the market for a Corolla and would like to know what the current prices look like. Its surprising that no one has posted their experience in over a month.
  • tuxalottuxalot Member Posts: 3
    For what it is worth. Bought a 2013 Corolla S 17225+TTL.
  • larjoranjlarjoranj Member Posts: 3
    Picked up my new 2013 Corolla L today at Cobb County Toyota in Kennesaw, GA. $14,972 + TTL. $16,111 OTD. Drove down from Nashville as there was not a single L model in the area. Got 38 mpg on the 225 mile drive back to Nashville. They offered me a LE for 15,865 + TTL but I didn't really need the extra features. They couldn't have been nicer.
  • topnegotiatortopnegotiator Member Posts: 1
    Is this best, good or fair or worst price if I pay full amount upfront in cash? Any comments? I am getting the quote from Toyota dealer in Chicago area for 2013 Corolla LE 4Dr Auto Sedan in Magnetic Gray Color: 16845.00
    -500.00 Rebate
    219.00 Plates& Title
    161.38 Doc fee
    1420.09 Taxes
    18145.47 OTD price
    incl carpet mats/trunk mat
  • jameswmjameswm Member Posts: 2
    who bought 2013 corolla recently in south florida area? how about 2012 corolla Le $16000+TTL?
  • somanssomans Member Posts: 10
    I want to buy a new corolla and I live in NJ. Can someone tell me which is a hassle free dealer and what is the price for a LE
  • muzrinmuzrin Member Posts: 8
    That looks like a great price , would go for it if they offered in north NJ, don't see anything close to that here.
  • jameswmjameswm Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a new 2013 corolla L in south FL, very low price plus 0 finance. anybody want to know detail, email me wumarvin@hotmail.com
  • somanssomans Member Posts: 10
    yes, where in Northern NJ?
  • muzrinmuzrin Member Posts: 8
    tried hudson toyota and route 22 toyota.
  • tosadvisortosadvisor Member Posts: 1
    Impressed by people getting 15900$ for a LE. I can't get any dealers in the Denver area under 16.8K. Most won't even go below 17k. Might try again at the end of the month.
  • captainfakeeyecaptainfakeeye Member Posts: 1
    I just went to Prime Toyota of Boston for a new 2013 Toyota Corolla LE.

They quoted me an OTD of $16,631, including the $1000 college rebate and $500 cash rebate. Anyone else get a better deal in the area?
  • vholicvholic Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for posting this info. I'm in Boston too. Could you please provide the price of the car alone (before rebate, tax title etc).
  • ginstarxiaoginstarxiao Member Posts: 6
    Just got 2013 Toyota Corolla LE auto w/floor mat for my son. price:$15500 + TTL. No other fee. OTD price: $16500. Good luck everyone. I live in Metro Atlanta. The sticker price is $19319(including destination charge and floor mat).
  • fredster9fredster9 Member Posts: 1
    Just got a "No Haggle" price of 16,746+TTL and doc fee of $250 for same car in OH. Discount was $1704 plus $750 rebate. Did you get bigger discount or additional rebates. Hard to track down what's a GOOD deal from OK deal or worse. Thanks.
  • sky2ksky2k Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    I bought 2013 Toyota Corolla L with Floor Mats

Price:$16,400 OTD after rebate
    Dealer: Joe Myer Toyota

I received the $ 1000 GST rebate.
  • franmartfranmart Member Posts: 16
    can some one tell ne agood deal on a 2013 corola in state island or new jersey
  • bkk1057bkk1057 Member Posts: 1
    I am being quoted $16975 for a 2013 Toyota Corolla LE. I believe this price includes everything except for title fees. Is that a fair price. Also, what is a good price to add rear view camera on a Corolla LE? Thanks.
  • themoleculomanthemoleculoman Member Posts: 3
    Just got a 2013 Toyota Corolla LE Automatic with carpet mats for $16,999 OTD with $1,000 college rebate and 0% finance for 60 months (no money down). Was also offered $16,499 OTD with $500 cash rebate and $1,000 college student rebate. MSRP for the car I purchased was $19,200.

Another dealership countered at $16,799 in Annapolis, MD but after I had already signed the paperwork at $16,999. Today, April 1st, was the end of the quarter and end of sales month.

I negotiated by e-mail and contacted about 15-17 dealerships. Only one agreed to $16,499 OTD and another matched (before I got $16,799 offer). Process only took about 30 minutes (over 2 days) and was in and out of the dealership in about 1 hour 40 minutes.

When salesmen brought up the car information and after he left room, I leaned over and saw a dealer invoice of I believe $16,852 + $162 fee equaling $17,014 (Guessing holdback is high?) I was charged around $16,500 before TTL and rebate. You should be able to get that down to $16,300 before TTL and rebate if you really haggle. I'd at least try to get it to $16,500 before TTL AND rebate.
  • jdgdn86jdgdn86 Member Posts: 1
    Looking for 2013 Corolla LE in Atlanta metro area. Any recommendations on dealerships?
  • nancy155nancy155 Member Posts: 1
    Where did you get this price--lowest I can get is $17,200 inc TTL?
  • tribmwtribmw Member Posts: 3
    Our son is in the Navy and trying to buy a Toyota Corolla (2013 LE automatic). He is being quoted $17,780 (purchase price). In addition to the normal fees, there is a $599 processing fee. From my research, I think the purchase price is $1000 too high and the processing fee is bogus. What do you think?
  • stewaresteware Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    I live in Merritt island, FL.
    Our local Mike Erdmann Toyo offered $4,000
    off all corollas MSRP in April 2013.
    We used that deal and bought our daughter a 2013 Corolla L manual transmission for $13,090, plus 600 dealer fee, plus tt&l. If I recall correctly, an LE woulda cost around $15k-ish, plus $600 dealer fee, plus tt&l. They also gave us all scheduled maintenance for first 3/36 yrs/miles.
    And another local dealership in Melbourne offered to match the $4k off MSRP but we wanted Erdmann because they're closer.

The only part we didnt like was Erdmann made us use their finance to get it done. We received 4% and cant refi for 6 months. After that we will refinance because we have great credit and can get close to 2%.

We feel extremely happy about our purchase price and entire deal.
    Great little car!
    Good luck!
  • ltlladyltllady Member Posts: 27
    Surely the salesman left the "dealer invoice" for you to see. Part of the selling game designed to make the buyer believe he or she got a great deal.
  • ltlladyltllady Member Posts: 27
    The "processing fee" is simply dealer profit. These fees are designed by dealers to make the buyer believe they are getting a better deal. Dealers use the word "fee" as it sounds official. All deception.

You should recognize the dealer most likely must list the "fee" on the sales contract. If the dealer does not list the fee on all its contracts there are legal issues such as discrimination which would occur.

Simply have the dealer reduce the selling price by the amout of the "fee." If the dealer refuses use your best negotiating tool, your feet. Stand up and walk away. Likely the dealer will then relent. If not, go elsewhere as there is always another dealer willing to take your money.

To check the price, go to True Car and get their target price. Reduce that price by $300, which is the amount dealers pay to TC. That gives you the maximum price you should pay. Reality is you should be able to pay less. For example, I just bought a new Ford for my child. Got the TC price and contacted dealers. Ended up $1,000 less than the TC price. It was easy.
  • stewaresteware Member Posts: 6
    Dealer fees are crap, but around here it's pay me here or pay me there....
    They would've simply moved the number to the other column.
    In our case, I have yet to see a better out the door price.
    True car said $14,767 and we paid $13,060 + the $600 stupid "dealer fee."

Definitely feel good about the sale.
  • themoleculomanthemoleculoman Member Posts: 3
    I know I know :) Just like after purchasing the car the salesmen that sold you the car and his manager are brought into the room next to you to the floor manager as you are being offered extras. They get chewed out and try to make you feel sorry and purchase other useless carp (this has happened both times I have purchased a car, both in different locations).
  • jimmimimjimmimim Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Just bought a 2013 Corrolla L with automatic for 15993.63 OTD at Toyota of Melbourne in Florida . They were advertising 25% off MSRP but they obviously did not honor that. Tried the hard sell with a package of floor mats, window tint and nitrogen filled tires for $1000. Car did not have any options aside from the mats they threw in at the end. Car also came with one of those lifetime limited powertrain warranty.

Car MSRP $17920.

What I paid.

Car $14000.00
    Dealer Fees 934.50
    Registration 137.40
    Sales Tax @6.5% 921.73

Total $15993.63

The bad part is that they insisted I use their financing at 6.49% @ 60 months. Had a pre approval from BA for 3.29% @ 60 months. I will refinance just as soon as I get the payment stub from the lender. Overall a F+ experience.
  • cowlumbuscowlumbus Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    Just bought a 2013 Toyota Corolla LE with Automatic for $17,000 at OTD.
    0 down, 0 interest rate, 60 months.

I first requested at truecar.com. Here is what I got from truecar.com:

Price estimate:$16,496 Estimated savings: $2,498(12.58%) off MSRP.
    MSRP(18,975) = Base MSRP (18,180) + Destination fee (795).
    Total price estimate: 16,496 +250 (doc fee) = 17,046 (before TTL)

The saved $2,498 includes $750 Toyota Corolla Factory Cash Back. This is for pay the car in cash only. If for finance, the $750 will be added to the price, i.e., 17,046+750 = 17796.

Then I negotiated with the best-price-offer dealer. Here is what I paid:

Vehicle Price: 16674.13
    Documentary fee: 250.00
    Sales tax: 1142.37
    Title/filing fees: 33.50
    Sub total: 18100.00

Net trade-in allowance: -600.00
    Rebate(s): -500.00

Balance due: 17000.00

Rebate is for recent college graduate. Trade-in is a 2000 Ford Focus SE Wagon, 135,000 miles. One cylinder is not working.

At the check out with the finance, they tried to sell me a lot of staffs, including the Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) Addendum, and I declined all of them.
  • wzhy70wzhy70 Member Posts: 15
    edited June 2013
    live in SF bay area in CA.

Bought my corolla LE, (MSRP 19,200) during Memorial day promotion.

Vehicle Promotion Price: 15999.00
    Dealer Documentary fee: 80.00 +/-
    Sales tax: 9%
    Title/filing fees: 200+/-

RebToyota Loyalty ate: -500.00
    Cashe rebate: -1000

if You have kid graduating, you will have another 1000 graduation rebate.

Sub total: 16180.00 OTD price
  • cowlumbuscowlumbus Member Posts: 2
    wzhy70, this is really a great deal. How did you get it? A share of experience would be appreciated.
  • jimmytulsajimmytulsa Member Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    Redesigned 2014 Corolla coming out in September.
  • sam365sam365 Member Posts: 3
    Looking to buy a new 2013 Corolla LE in Washington (State), Idaho or Utah. What is a good price before sales tax? Any good dealers that you recommend that offer low prices in those states? When do you expect the Corolla's to be discounted (high incentives) due to the new significantly redesigned 2014 Corolla hitting the dealer lots by September. I don't have the recent grad or military discount. I heard of some screaming 2012 Honda Civic deals when the new 2013 Civic arrived.
  • sam365sam365 Member Posts: 3
    Has anybody heard of any dealers aggressively discounting the 2013s or used Corollas based on the new 2014's coming in August? If so, what kind of discount do you expect as the dealers try to move the 2013s?
  • swissashleyswissashley Member Posts: 1
    live in SF bay area in CA, bought in Dublin area.

Bought my 2013 corolla LE, (MSRP 19,200) during July 4th promotion.

RebToyota Loyalty ate: -500.00
    Cashe rebate: -1000

Sub total: 16500.00 OTD price

Good luck with you and thanks for sharing!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter would like to speak with a Baby Boomer who recently (within the last year) purchased a compact or subcompact car. If you can assist, please contact pr@edmunds.com with your preferred contact information by July 17, 2013
  • jle6481334jle6481334 Member Posts: 4
    Silver Corolla S. No additional options except floor mats. We expect a small refund on the Title/Reg/Tag. It was an estimate because the car was bought from Matt @ Toyota Of Hollywood in Florida but will be Titled, Reg/Tag and used in New Jersey. (Dealers in NJ either wouldn't or couldn't come close to this price). Heres the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Vehicle Price 15,788.00
    Dealer Fee 750.00
    Tire/ Batt Fee 6.50
    Lemon Law 2.00
    Sales Tax 1,108.00
    Title, Reg./Tag 470.00
    Total OTD 18,124.00